Guests in approval should not be allowed

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Guests in approval should not be allowed

Postby Civil_Boss » 14 April 2017, 00:14

Everyone!

everyone knows that guests aren't allowed in ranked matches, but why are guests able to join approval? this should NOT be allowed

Why?: Approved matches is where you gain kills/deaths, you need a profile in order to have kills and deaths on your profile, however, do guests have profiles? of course not! Guests have no reason to be in approved maps, they can't get kills or deaths since they have no profiles, all that guests do is troll people that have accounts, the reason guests do that is because they literally have nothing to gain or lose while playing approval, so they troll actual users that are trying to get a good or better rank.

Something should be done about this.
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Guests in approval should not be allowed

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 14 April 2017, 00:42

Guests are already not allowed to play on Ranked,I don't see why they shouldn't be able to play non-ranked approved maps
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mrblake213 » 14 April 2017, 01:38

I agree since they can mess up one's KD ratio.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Civil_Boss » 14 April 2017, 02:52

Green Eyed Demon wrote:Guests are already not allowed to play on Ranked,I don't see why they shouldn't be able to play non-ranked approved maps

did you not see what i wrote?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrnat444 » 14 April 2017, 03:10

I do not really agree about your view on guests. I'd say about 10-30% of guests are trolling, and 80% of those in fact do have accounts. The rest tend to be new players trying out the game, as they haven't made accounts yet.

Although it would make sense to disallow guests from playing any ranked/approved maps, because even if they do have an account, they get no kills for it by playing as a guest. Something to take note from this is that approved maps would be even less populated than they currently are.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Civil_Boss » 14 April 2017, 03:49

mrnat444 wrote:I do not really agree about your view on guests. I'd say about 10-30% of guests are trolling, and 80% of those in fact do have accounts. The rest tend to be new players trying out the game, as they haven't made accounts yet.

Although it would make sense to disallow guests from playing any ranked/approved maps, because even if they do have an account, they get no kills for it by playing as a guest. Something to take note from this is that approved maps would be even less populated than they currently are.

yeah, you do make a point
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby xChakra » 14 April 2017, 04:30

I don't get killed by guests so I do not empathize.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Dr Hell » 14 April 2017, 05:03

You know, it's really unfair when you get killed by a Guest. Because when you kill them, the Guest's KD will not be affected. But when you get killed by them, your KD gets affected instead. So yeah, It's kind of an unfair way of playing to be honest. Besides that, implementing this rule would motivate them to make an Account.
~~ ======The Vice-Leader of Plazma Burst Democratic Republic====== ~~
Dr Hell
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 14 April 2017, 08:47

In fact, that is how I lost my 2.13 KDr, it's pathetic to see that its a problem for some people though. Good luck losing your KDr... ~Wolf><Master><12~
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Civil_Boss » 14 April 2017, 09:53

Dr Hell wrote:You know, it's really unfair when you get killed by a Guest. Because when you kill them, the Guest's KD will not be affected. But when you get killed by them, your KD gets affected instead. So yeah, It's kind of an unfair way of playing to be honest. Besides that, implementing this rule would motivate them to make an Account.

That's why i made this discussion

WolfMaster12 wrote:In fact, that is how I lost my 2.13 KDr, it's pathetic to see that its a problem for some people though. Good luck losing your KDr... ~Wolf><Master><12~

dang
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 14 April 2017, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 14 April 2017, 14:13

Civil_Boss Please dont double post the next time use the edit button.

Dr Hell wrote:Civil, try not to double post in the Forums, it's against the rules. Please merge your messages.

Dr Hell The next time you will see a rule braker use the report button.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby chrose » 14 April 2017, 15:47

Civil_Boss wrote: Guests have no reason to be in approved maps, they can't get kills or deaths since they have no profiles, all that guests do is troll people that have accounts, the reason guests do that is because they literally have nothing to gain or lose while playing approval, so they troll actual users that are trying to get a good or better rank.

Could you explain what you mean by trolling? There's very little things an ally could do to harm you in COOP or TDM, and I can't remember being trolled by a guest once for the life of me. Guests trolling in DM would just mean an easier kill for you.

Dr Hell wrote:You know, it's really unfair when you get killed by a Guest. Because when you kill them, the Guest's KD will not be affected. But when you get killed by them, your KD gets affected instead. So yeah, It's kind of an unfair way of playing to be honest. Besides that, implementing this rule would motivate them to make an Account.

The fact that guests don't have their kills and deaths logged has no impact on you whatsoever. Fighting against a guest would be the same as fighting against a user, except that the guest would likely try less due to them not having to worry about KDr.
chrose
RtD Enthusiast

Postby Hikarikaze » 14 April 2017, 19:08

I'm sensing irony here

Approved maps are technically the official part of multiplayer. MP is designed to first and foremost be a competitive game mode, hence approved maps which can be broken down to be used for either ranked or unranked matches. Custom maps are just to deviate away from the main point of multiplayer and allow people to just have fun together. Guests already can't access ranked matches and so the only place they have left to test the actual competitive part of multiplayer is unranked matches. I'm seeing quite a bit of people say that some guests are people trying out the game yet oppose keeping guests in unranked matches which is contradicting their own opinion

Also, it's not like kills and deaths are important. Those two statistics aren't important anymore for it to be such a significant topic of complaint. Had the kills or KDR system still be in place, then this would be understandable. However, PB2 doesn't have either system anymore so it's not worth whining over. Guests can't affect your standing in any leaderboards at all. Worry about guests harming an actually important statistic then we can continue this discussion to a different direction

If it makes the whining stop, guests could just be altered to not count towards user deaths at all
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby xChakra » 15 April 2017, 03:22

KDr doesn't matter. I'm a sniper and I tend to only average a 2 because snipers are harder to stay alive in, but you do realize most people with high kdrs can not stand a chance against people with actual experience, you can tell when someone's actually good by the types of people they are able to kill consistently. So if you're being killed by a guest to the point where it affects your KDr, you #1 are not a good at the game, you, #2 do not deserve the KDr you had, and #3 shoukdnt bring your bs to the forums.
The hilarious part is the OP here cheated for his KDr lol.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Civil_Boss » 15 April 2017, 03:33

xChakra wrote:KDr doesn't matter. I'm a sniper and I tend to only average a 2 because snipers are harder to stay alive in, but you do realize most people with high kdrs can not stand a chance against people with actual experience, you can tell when someone's actually good by the types of people they are able to kill consistently. So if you're being killed by a guest to the point where it affects your KDr, you #1 are not a good at the game, you, #2 do not deserve the KDr you had, and #3 shoukdnt bring your bs to the forums.
The hilarious part is the OP here cheated for his KDr lol.

actually, no, i rarely get killed by guests, the only time i ever got killed by a guest was a guy pretending to be a guest that actually has a profile, and yes, you probably have more experience then me, since i always try to avoid sniper maps, i tend to play x death-realwar a lot since thats the only approved map i'm actually good at, and no, i didn't cheat my kd, and i wish you good luck on getting 100 000 kills! :P

i only made this post because there is no reason for guests to join approval
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ultimas » 15 April 2017, 03:53

yes guest tend to get rid of our kdr and we suffer not them sometimes i belive they are trolling us
ultimas
Recruit

Postby Civil_Boss » 15 April 2017, 04:53

ultimas wrote:yes guest tend to get rid of our kdr and we suffer not them sometimes i belive they are trolling us

yes, you are most correct
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby master derk300 » 15 April 2017, 15:32

I really like to play as guest so haha :). And is really fun to steal kills as guest it is very enjoyable haha.

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Civil_Boss » 16 April 2017, 01:07

master derk300 wrote:I really like to play as guest so haha :). And is really fun to steal kills as guest it is very enjoyable haha.

that is the reason why i posted this, but do what you want, idk
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby thetoppestkek » 17 April 2017, 19:45

Why shouldn't they? Unranked Approved is literally the only place a guest can play in the competitive (although flawed) scene of PB2 and restricting that privilege to access the unranked approved matches will essentially restrict them solely to custom maps, which will stir up some drama from the so-called "guest supporters", not to mention Approved Unranked losing the guests playing in Unranked trying to explore the game and having them transport to Custom Maps

I'd say keep their privilege to play in Unranked Approved. Them keeping their privilege to play in such matches would actually matter if KDr or Kills/Deaths actually landed someone in the leaderboards. There's a reason Eric restricted guests from Approved Ranked and not from Approved Unranked and the reason is quite clear if you take it into consideration. If KDr was a major statistic regarding the leaderboards, this discussion would actually be worth complaining about but them decreasing a minor statistic that doesn't affect leaderboard placement won't land this discussion anywhere

If you don't want guests damaging your KDr as people have stated, then just go make an Approved Ranked match so you can't have the guests pestering you, Approved Ranked exists for a reason to begin with

(I wonder if implementing an adjustable game setting that doesn't allow guests to enter the match will fix this issue?)
sometimes i dream of cheese
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Next

Return to General Discussion