Issues with "No Guests" Matches.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Issues with "No Guests" Matches.

Postby Dr Hell » 10 April 2017, 13:31

According to what Kazy said, "No Guests" matches are allowed to be made. However, despite the title, Guests will still join, resulting them in getting killed. And Guests are usually new players checking out the game. In fact, without Guests, PB2's Multiplayer may not be known to many. So if we were to kill them constantly because of them joining despite the title being "No Guests", how would they feel? How would they think of our Community? Can you imagine how it would feel to be to trying out a game, doing nothing wrong, but end up getting bullied? I'm sure it's not something you would want as a newcomer.

Besides that, here's proof of what happens when Guests get bullied: http://prntscr.com/eunymg
Last edited by Dr Hell on 10 April 2017, 14:10, edited 2 times in total.
~~ ======The Vice-Leader of Plazma Burst Democratic Republic====== ~~
Dr Hell
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Issues with "No Guests" Matches.

Postby waseem 1192 » 10 April 2017, 13:48

i totally agree and the problem is today i saw a guest himself making a no guest match and torturing other guests which isnt fine

waseem 1192

Postby mrblake213 » 10 April 2017, 14:17

I agree that Guests build up most of the community in-game.
Some users only use guests to troll and so their KDr won't get changed.

An idea has been suggested before to limit guest's permissions.
i.e: guests can't chat and go to approved maps and etc.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Civil_Boss » 10 April 2017, 15:39

yep, back in April 23rd 2016, (the first time i started playing PB2) i saw a server that said in the title "USF-Army, no guests allowed", so i wen't and joined anyway, but then people were saying "KILL THE GUEST" "go jump off a cliff guest" it was very heart breaking, after i made an account ( Civil_Boss ) i respected guests ever since, so guys, please, don't hate on guests, they just want to explore Plazma Burst 2, thank you Dr Hell for sending this message, a lot of people might learn from that message
Last edited by Civil_Boss on 11 April 2017, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby stormforce » 10 April 2017, 17:21

It should be made clear that no guests matches shouldn't be allowed. If its a new player checking the game out, fine. If its a player trolling with the guest account, fine. However, I believe that there should be a code of conduct book you can access in game which disallows hurtful phrases and threats.
hi

stormforce
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 10 April 2017, 18:58

For me, this topic is strongly 50/50. If guests are normal and don't intensify my PTSD, then it's heartbreaking for me to kill one of these. If they disrespect me like "YOU SUCK!" or "DIE YOU IDIOT!", then I open fire on guests without any shame. Anyways, imo, "No Guests" matches should not be allowed, BUT! As well I want "Only Guests" matches to be disallowed since those matches show that people do not want to make an account and disrespect players.
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12

Postby noune » 10 April 2017, 19:47

I agree with the No Guest Match = User discrimination. As one of many representatives from the NIR, I say that this is discrimination and that it should be treated as discrimination. Thank you.
“The world is chaotic and cruel,
The world is orderly and peaceful,
The world is both...”
noune

Postby DoomWrath » 10 April 2017, 20:12

Theoretically guests are people trying the game, or people who can't have/don't want accounts for whatever reason. I support "no guests" matches because it pushes them to make an account, try out more features of the game, and stay longer. It's part of basic business management called "Conversion" - in fact, PB2 really should limit guests and funnel them to create accounts more.

Seeing this kind of pathetic "it's discrimination and against the rules" response from some community members is honestly laughable in my opinion - especially when you say that everyone must treat guests as a special part of PB2, to ensure the PB2 community grows. Doing this is actively harming the community by preventing people from wanting to create accounts, the key to being a part of PB2.

Everybody who supports special treatment for guests cannot then pretend they care about "reviving" or "helping the PB2 community."

Guests did nothing to deserve special treatment. People are allowed to not want them in their matches. That is all.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby KARL SERG » 10 April 2017, 20:22

Do you know how in most Groups, newcomers are treated badly? I figured out that this happens for a few logical reasons:
1. This makes them more enduring or shows the group that they are dealing with an already seasoned Person, thus strengthening the Group... or they will just leave as if they never were there since they can't cope with problems.
2. It is an ascendant, logarithmic process. It is really bad at the beginning, it begins getting better after a while and it flattens out, having a group which is at least average in the end. I presume you, People, prefer a short, harsh treatment at the beginning followed by normal relationships and even respect later on, for most of the time rather than the opposite case.

And lets be serious, Guests have the ability to kick other People much more easily than the Situation in which one tries to kick out multiple Guests (impossible for most of us, since Guests are linked to a central Special Account and we don't have moderator tools). Irrational tolerance is for the weak, after all.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby jeff the hacker » 10 April 2017, 23:39

DoomWrath wrote:large quote

not all guests have their own emails ;)

just create password protected matches so if a noutorious user came in and begin assaults, you as the game room admin/owner can kick the freak out of the game room
im an alien inside

jeff the hacker

Postby Dr Hell » 11 April 2017, 00:31

I agree with DoomWrath's statement, even I was motivated to make my own account. BUT, not all Guests might be motivated to make their account. Instead, the harsh treatment they receive in the game when they did not even do anything wrong might motivate them to stay away from the Community.
Dr Hell
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Datnobody » 11 April 2017, 02:08

totally true,I've seen guests tortured before and it was breaking my heart,I try and protect them but I end up getting tortured aswell,to stop getting tortured aswell as the guest,I think of a way (strategic way) to escape.

Datnobody
Recruit

Postby JayaRaya » 11 April 2017, 06:14

My opinion about the Guest in this game :

- We all know, that guest is a visitor of the game. They try out the game to see if its fun to be played.

Imagine is like a new student of the school. " You curious to know more about the school, so you asked the teachers / employees of it. And try to get used to the new school environment & the new friends in it ".

Same thing as the guest (visitor) of this game. They not just visit & play arround in here, they try to get used to the game & how it works.

DoomWrath wrote:Theoretically guests are people trying the game, or people who can't have/don't want accounts for whatever reason. I support "no guests" matches because it pushes them to make an account, try out more features of the game, and stay longer. It's part of basic business management called "Conversion" - in fact, PB2 really should limit guests and funnel them to create accounts more.

So this is how we make the guests make a account, by forcing & pushes harsh towards them ?

" Imagine like a new student has being forced to finish a mathematic, yet without any given knowledge from its teacher to finish it. "

From my suggestion, instead of forcing them by making " No Guest " match & thinking things like " Hey Guest, go made a account or you will never play in here ! ", Why we not just simply ask & told the guest to made a account ?

Its not even hard, things like this has been slightly forgotten by most users. Basiclly we ask a guest about making a account & we teach them how to do it. For example :

( + ) : Say Guest-28, do you have a account ?
( = ) : No
( + ) : Why ?
( = ) : Because idk how to make one
( + ) : Oh, but are you really want to have one ?
( = ) : yeah, i want to
( + ) : Ok then, i will tell you the way to make a account

And if theres a guest that dont want to make a account, either you leave him / her & respect its choices. Or you motivate the guest to make a account.

- Why we are no longer teach the guests to make a account on the multiplayer ?
Fact that on the old times, many users respect the guests. Because they as a visitor of the game can be a potential " New User ".

And if i remember, one of the former staff (maybe Hikarikaze or someone.. i forgot) say that " fact that most of the users are once a guests before ". Means that before we are a official user, we are a guest. Learning the way of how PB2 works & how to make our own account.

In my experiances. Back then, idk anything about the game. I still dont know how to make my own account & how to communicate with a user before. Until 1 user (which would be my first friend in this game..) told me how to make a account. Teach me how to register, how to edit the profile, how to know the players list, etc.

- Why we no longer teach the guests to make a account on the multiplayer ?
The more users hates guests, thinking that they cant / refuse to make a account & by simply make a match that rejects / forbid them, a posible chances would be like this :

~~~ The Guest would no longer feels comfortable to play the multiplayer game ~~~
Effect : this reduce the amount of new registered players for the community
~~~ The Guest would refuse making a account, considering that the account players (User) threaten them ~~~
~~~ The Guest would be so hateful to the account players (User) & start to threaten back ~~~
Effect : this just makes more hatred between the user - guest in the multiplayer

DoomWrath wrote:Seeing this kind of pathetic "it's discrimination and against the rules" response from some community members is honestly laughable in my opinion - especially when you say that everyone must treat guests as a special part of PB2, to ensure the PB2 community grows. Doing this is actively harming the community by preventing people from wanting to create accounts, the key to being a part of PB2.

Everybody who supports special treatment for guests cannot then pretend they care about "reviving" or "helping the PB2 community."

Guests did nothing to deserve special treatment. People are allowed to not want them in their matches. That is all.

Sorry, Im confused here. How & why exatcly if we give the guests a special treatment, that would actively harming the community ?
Is it just because by prevent them from wanting to create accounts ?
So by allow the guests have a good treatment, they would not gotta make a account ?

My question like always : Why we are no longer teach the guests to make a account on the multiplayer ?
We can just ask & told them in a multiplayer match a way to make a account.

Sinces the first time i being teach to make a account by my 1st user friend, i do the same thing to other guests of a teaching to make a account. I always allow guests to come to my match, then go ask, told, & teach to the guests that wants to have their own account.

From hundreds of my user friends, most of them admit that they are once guest before. And about few of it, i teach them to make a account. For example, Ilham2005. He onces a guest, meet me in some school match. I ask him about the account, he want to have one & dont know how. So i told him the way to do it. Simple thing.
(Now hes on a new account name Diorixtc, that he made himself).

Fact that about 2-3 of my members are onces a guests that i told them a way to make their own account, when i asked them in some matches.

My suggestion of the solution is, go ask & teach to those guests that wants to have their own account. Not by forcing them without even any given knowledge, that we sulposes to told.

Same thing as we teach new user to know more about the main chat, the forum, the map-making system, etc.

Logicly, is like a baby that just got born. We cant just forced the baby to instantly know anything, without any teachings. We give the baby a special treatment by teach him / her of how to walk, how to run, how to wear clothes, etc. From time to time, it will grow into a person that can understand to take care of him / her self.

===============================================================================================

Other things, guest already got limited enough. Like they cant access the main chat, the approved ranked match, & they no longer has the gamemaster ability (A instant kick from the private match).

- Whoever user that hates guests just because they can play approved un-ranked match & some of them that is good at compete can easily beat you, then dont blame the guest. You just not good / PRO enough, then go train yourself to be better. Thats the way of a competition. And would be fantastic that we make a good competitive guests to create a account, instead of saying cursing / swearing words towards them.

- Whoever user that hates guests just because they keep killing at custom deathmatch, then its better to advices or exclude the guest from the match, Simple. Remember that because guest are a visitor, that means they new to the game. And still so much things that they needs to learn.

About those bad guests, the one that saying the same cursing / swearing words towards others, same as a bad user. In my opinion, " 50 % of them could be a user that play as a guest ".

Logicly, because the fact that guest cant play as a login without a registered account, but a user can play both using the account or the guest. Using the " Play as Guest " button. Posible chances that a bad user play as a guest, then insult, troll. or annoy many other users. Which could makes them assume that many other guests would do the same bad things.

To some old experienced users at arround 2015, must be remember the so - called " 2nd PB2 War " which obviously completely fake, nonsenses, & dramatic. Just because of when " Data Lost " event came, some bad users (posibly to those that hates guests..) either miss-understanding / on purposes blamed that many guests is the one that responsible of it, due of them hacking. This is never true, because theres not even a single proofs of it.

===============================================================================================

Remember that most of us are onces guests before. In my thinking, As sulposes to be our responsibility as a user, its best to respect the guests. When the time is right, we could ask & teach them to make a account.

~~ Regards ~~
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya

Postby mrnat444 » 11 April 2017, 09:19

This is how I've felt for a while. I know a lot of players do troll as guests, but that is likely the minority of them. A good amount of them do have accounts, but they are not trolling, and rather for whatever reason want to remain anonymous for that time.

I'm not sure how I feel about a restriction to guests disallowing them to chat in-game (because this would mean you'd need to use another account to play anonymously AND chat), but it would probably be the best decision to prevent trolling and such, as well as encourage newcomers to create accounts.

Edit: I do feel as though "No guest" matches should be allowed. As others have said, it is basically the same as matches which forbid users who do not speak the same language as the match makers from joining. Think of it as another privilege gained by creating an account.
Last edited by mrnat444 on 12 April 2017, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Dr Hell » 11 April 2017, 09:40

I can understand that a small amount of Guests like to kill, insult, and troll. But the problem is, thanks to that small number, it causes most players to look down on Guests, resulting in "NO GUESTS" matches being made. In fact, I used to think it that way. A Guest insulted my country and from then on, I killed Guests for years. It was then, I realized. Why did I kill every single Guest including the Innocent Ones when it is only a small number of them who do bad things? I might have motivated some of them to make an account. BUT for the others, they might not even play Plazma Burst 2 again due to the harsh treatment they received for no reason.
Dr Hell
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 11 April 2017, 14:56

Dr Hell wrote:I can understand that a small amount of Guests like to kill, insult, and troll. But the problem is, thanks to that small number, it causes most players to look down on Guests, resulting in "NO GUESTS" matches being made. In fact, I used to think it that way. A Guest insulted my country and from then on, I killed Guests for years. It was then, I realized. Why did I kill every single Guest including the Innocent Ones when it is only a small number of them who do bad things? I might have motivated some of them to make an account. BUT for the others, they might not even play Plazma Burst 2 again due to the harsh treatment they received for no reason.

When I enter a "Guests only" match, guests are like "PLAYER! KILL HIM!" or vote me out of match, though I did not do anything to them, I do not feel any shame to open fire on the same guests when they join my match even when they say "TEAM" or "NO KILL" since I couldn't trust those guys anymore. Now, firstly, disallow "Guests only" matches since those are made to disrespect players, even those who haven't done anything for them. Good luck.
WolfMaster12

Postby _ReX » 11 April 2017, 15:00

waseem 1192 wrote:i totally agree and the problem is today i saw a guest himself making a no guest match and torturing other guests which isnt fine

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !! Then dat guest whoever made that " no guest match " and is a guest himself is probably not an actual guest !
.:[color=#FF0000]ReX[color=#0000FF]:.[/color][/color]

_ReX
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby AgentIndigo » 11 April 2017, 16:16

Jaya and DR. HELL are right, Agree with 'em. Guests shouldn't be bullied just because they are guests.

Now 2 months ago , a guy started making clans. Their rules were like: ''Kill all guests you see in a map'' and other shits like that. I told him to delete these rules because from my point of view he was ''racist'' about the guests or ''bad person'' , lmao. He just ignored me. Plus the guy copied my clan's ranks too .-. that's a crime for me. So.. , I made the guy disband the clan.. , he created another one. The same thing. The guy was 11. He's romanian like me and other IIA members. The thing is that he hated guests without a reason. I was a big annoyed when I saw his clan's rules (all of 'em against guests) , plus he's a bad leader.. , he went away 3 days and his clan died , maybe 50% because of me .-. but eh.

Well.. ,again form my point of view the admins are a bit like bad people if they support ''NO GUESTS'' matches.
Last edited by AgentIndigo on 11 April 2017, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

AgentIndigo
Recruit

Postby JayaRaya » 11 April 2017, 16:19

WolfMaster12 wrote:When I enter a "Guests only" match, guests are like "PLAYER! KILL HIM!" or vote me out of match, though I did not do anything to them, I do not feel any shame to open fire on the same guests when they join my match even when they say "TEAM" or "NO KILL" since I couldn't trust those guys anymore. Now, firstly, disallow "Guests only" matches since those are made to disrespect players, even those who haven't done anything for them. Good luck.

Remember what i said, based on my opinion before.

JayaRaya wrote:- Why we no longer teach the guests to make a account on the multiplayer ?
The more users hates guests, thinking that they cant / refuse to make a account & by simply make a match that rejects / forbid them, a posible chances would be like this :

~~~ The Guest would no longer feels comfortable to play the multiplayer game ~~~
~~~ The Guest would refuse making a account, considering that the account players (User) threaten them ~~~
~~~ The Guest would be so hateful to the account players (User) & start to threaten back ~~~
Effect : this just makes more hatred between the user - guest in the multiplayer

_ReX wrote:XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !! Then dat guest whoever made that " no guest match " and is a guest himself is probably not an actual guest !

I have mentioned about this at my opinion respond before.

JayaRaya wrote:About those bad guests, the one that saying the same cursing / swearing words towards others, same as a bad user. In my opinion, " 50 % of them could be a user that play as a guest ".

Logicly, because the fact that guest cant play as a login without a registered account, but a user can play both using the account or the guest. Using the " Play as Guest " button. Posible chances that a bad user play as a guest, then insult, troll. or annoy many other users. Which could makes them assume that many other guests would do the same bad things.
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya

Postby WolfMaster12 » 11 April 2017, 18:03

AgentIndigo wrote:Jaya and DR. HELL are right, Agree with 'em. Guests shouldn't be bullied just because they are guests.

Now 2 months ago , a guy started making clans. Their rules were like: ''Kill all guests you see in a map'' and other shits like that. I told him to delete these rules because from my point of view he was ''racist'' about the guests or ''bad person'' , lmao. He just ignored me. Plus the guy copied my clan's ranks too .-. that's a crime for me. So.. , I made the guy disband the clan.. , he created another one. The same thing. The guy was 11. He's romanian like me and other IIA members. The thing is that he hated guests without a reason. I was a big annoyed when I saw his clan's rules (all of 'em against guests) , plus he's a bad leader.. , he went away 3 days and his clan died , maybe 50% because of me .-. but eh.

Well.. ,again form my point of view the admins are a bit like bad people if they support ''NO GUESTS'' matches.

Firstly, who was the guy called? Secondly, if Site Staff were bad people, they wouldn't be Site Staff anymore. Thirdly, I cannot trust guests as well. Majority of guests are:
A. People who try out the game (not very many people)
B. People who actually do not want to make an account and want to get rights for guests. By disrespecting players.
C. People who hate me and join a match made by me as a guest and act as an average n00b mixed with hatred on me to make me feel bad without getting expelled by me since idk if the person was a player who hated me or just a retard.

So yh, I support "No Guests" matches. Nothing wrong in them. Don't throw insults at me because of my opinion, doing it just shows that you are a pathetic 7-year old child...

~Wolf><Master><12~
WolfMaster12

Next

Return to General Discussion