What a great thing.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What a great thing.

Postby KARL SERG » 3 April 2017, 18:57

I read on Eric's Twitter that he changed the Servers and I can see the difference.

There are a lot of Players compared to how few there were a short and long while ago (although the coming of Spring may have had to do with this as well). In the end, I'm just glad that this Game has a moment of Glory at the moment, since it had to endure such a long time of indifference.

I may be naïve, but this is why I made this Topic after all. What do you have to say about this change?
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Re: What a great thing.

Postby Eric Gurt » 3 April 2017, 19:30

I'm not sure about change. It made ping lower for some people but it also made ping higher for others. Currently there are problems with California but I think I will be able to fix them soon. Washington server on the other side probably will not return back.

From good things I can notice how website is now able to send e-mails to players when they need password reset or just subscribed to forum notifications via e-mail. Some site users also might get use of SSL part. Not sure how good server will be against attacks yet. According to Coolbuddy who initiated this server change - server is cheaper now as well when compared to previous one.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Return to General Discussion