what is considered a good map?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

what is considered a good map?

Postby Terror Only » 22 March 2017, 07:57

i check the approved map list from time to time. and all i see is a bunch of crap. the maps have old cliche background combo like dark plate+red bg lines or basic background with elevator outlines. most of them are symmetrical and too open. without any unique triggers (even simple doors activated by buttons are rare). and yet i see dozens of 5 star rates and blind dumbf*cks who write walls of compliments saying that the map is soooo damn unique and original. but in fact it's 100% unoriginal and been made million of times in the past.

i question myself why does eric approve them? just why? this question excruciates me as bad as the question "what is the meaning of life?" or "does god exist?" or "do aliens exist?"... i question that myself all the time

can someone explain me what is goin' on?
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Re: what is considered a good map?

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 22 March 2017, 13:16

So you tell that there no a good map theese days right?
Also many maps are symmetrical because is the easyest way to be fair for the both teams(coop)
About if the map has elevators or that the map is too open or the bg is clearly option of the map maker(that believes it fits the map or not).
Also good approved maps dont need to have many complex triggers or triggers at all (stryde-sniper)
The bgs are not so many to see many unique bg
About the rates the players have the right to have an opinion about the maps if the enjoy the map and they like it i dont see a reason not to rate 5 and say a good word
I would like to see a map from you how you define the unique desing and how an approved map should be
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Re: what is considered a good map?

Postby TerminatorRex » 25 March 2017, 18:07

People prefer playing on over-decorated sniper maps or something like xdeath-realspam, it's just how it is and there is nothing wrong with that. The only thing wrong is that there are thousands of maps made a long time ago know one has ever heard of which offer the exact things you are asking for in the OP.
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to General Discussion