Issues with Chat Moderation 03/10/2017

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Issues with Chat Moderation 03/10/2017

Postby chrissty33 » 12 March 2017, 03:00

"haha you're salty you got banned random"

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but could you please translate that to English? I have no idea what you mean by that.
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby xChakra » 12 March 2017, 03:34

chrissty33 wrote:"haha you're salty you got banned random"

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but could you please translate that to English? I have no idea what you mean by that.

it means I needed to check the issues with chat moderation
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 12 March 2017, 16:51

What happened to you was a misjudgement and poorly handled on our behalf, for which Dan and Doom has apologised and the incident has been resolved.

It's inevitable for different staff members to interpret the rules different, some are more lenient than others and that's just our nature which cannot be changed. But what can be changed or improved but what we can do is communicate as a team and decide as a whole what actions should be based, for example, asking for opinions from different moderators about the action you are going to take and see if they would do the same or if it justifies the act. There have been several times where I've asked DoomWrath or another moderator for their opinion about a certain action I am about to take and there have been times where I've adjusted my actions based on their input. The point I'm trying to make here is that, even though we have different interpretations and thats just our nature, we can still work on the outcome.

In future, we will improve on communicating more with eachother if one is unsure about an action they are going to take, probably in a meeting or something, just like you suggested Chrissty.

As for JDC, if rules aren't needed for this community, then things would just be chaotic and people will become morons and do whatever they wish because there aren't any rules to keep them inline. The whole point of the rules is to keep things in order and not allow the community to tear itself apart. To be fair JDC, everyone has a biased side in them, there's literally no way of having someone who isn't biased. But what I find ironic is that you call us sensitive yet you're the stubborn one still complaining about a lost cause, maybe you had a bad experience with the team and now holding a grudge, is that our fault? No, we're not your parents, if you have an issue with us, then come to us in a civilised manner, PM an admin or HM and discuss your issue with them instead of coming onto the forums and whine like a little kid. Seriously grow up. It's called common sense, stop being so dramatic about it.

We enforce the rules, it's part of our jobs of many. No matter how low the crime is, we still have to enforce it so users will learn from their mistakes and others would know not to repeat their actions. You think we abuse our powers when we get "offended" but it's called doing our jobs, you just have a negative view about it due to your past experience with the team and now going around thinking the community doesn't need rules.

As for chakra, this is your only warning, if you don't have anything useful to add in, then don't bother or its a ban.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby chrissty33 » 18 March 2017, 00:56

What happened to you was a misjudgement and poorly handled on our behalf, for which Dan and Doom has apologised and the incident has been resolved. - Correct.

It's inevitable for different staff members to interpret the rules different, some are more lenient than others and that's just our nature which cannot be changed. - This isn't a necessary statement, as I've already said many times that this is beyond that kind of issue. If Staff Member A shares a pizza sauce pic, but Staff Member B says I'm not allowed to share naked genitals, that's far beyond an issue of some staff members being more lenient than others, it's an issue of zero communication between staff members A and B. This has already been established multiple times. Not sure why you are bringing this up again?

But what can be changed or improved but what we can do is communicate as a team and decide as a whole what actions should be based, for example, asking for opinions from different moderators about the action you are going to take and see if they would do the same or if it justifies the act. There have been several times where I've asked DoomWrath or another moderator for their opinion about a certain action I am about to take and there have been times where I've adjusted my actions based on their input. - As you should. Solid leadership from all 3 admins and your head mods is necessary. However when Admin A and Head Mod A do something Admin B says is disallowed, what are mods and us players meant to believe?

The point I'm trying to make here is that, even though we have different interpretations and thats just our nature, we can still work on the outcome. - Correct.

In future, we will improve on communicating more with eachother if one is unsure about an action they are going to take, probably in a meeting or something, just like you suggested Chrissty. - Good to hear.
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 March 2017, 07:34

The communicational issue would be better solved if rules were less reliant on opinions and viewpoints and became more systematic and definitive. Rules such as disrespect, insulting, etc are the ones worth targeting. Rules like "3+ lines is flood" are what we should be having more of. Even if there's solid communication amongst staff members, that doesn't change anyone's viewpoints usually and trying to work a way around so it somehow meets the definitions of all the staff members is extremely difficult, if not impossible. Issues like this will continue to happen if there is room for different viewpoints to contradict and clash with each other
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wreak » 19 March 2017, 17:38

I feel bad for you, I said that I needed to troll ingame openly and yet nothing happened... Not that I did anything in the first place.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Previous

Return to General Discussion