Issues with Chat Moderation 03/10/2017

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Issues with Chat Moderation 03/10/2017

Postby chrissty33 » 10 March 2017, 22:45

This is not a ban appeal. Don't take is as such. This is a topic I'd like to discuss with you (staff) openly, and with the other community members. I want to know what you think. Was I in the wrong? What can be done to solve this problem?

So today I was banned from the chat by Dandamage, who I will refer to as 'Dan'. I was banned for "Creating pointless drama and denying staff warnings." I don't feel this is fair. I've PMed the only online admin to discuss it, but have had no reply, so I am making this topic. Plus, I want the feedback of multiple staff members.

Here's an imgur album of the conversation leading to my ban: http://imgur.com/a/yvfwb
It should also be available in chat logs since none if it was not in PM. I should note Dan never asked to talk in PM, or via inbox later, he just banned me when he didn't feel like talking anymore.

I feel the ban reason is very incorrect, "Creating pointless drama and denying staff warnings." I was not warned once on the topic of drama. As can be seen from the final screenshot, Dan explains "Unfortunately, my patience and time are gone." before banning me. It's blindingly clear that he just can't be bothered to do his job properly, and he's been

To preface, I set my /me to "send n00ds, get n00ds" This is a harmless internet joke, otherwise known as a meme. I've seen the admin DoomWrath with this /me status in the past on a few occasions, and I've seen the head mod Kazy talk and joke about sex and nudes before. I also saw Dan talk about a "vodka drinking competition" and getting drunk in chat, clearly he's enforcing only the rules against content that personally triggers him. If the staff are allowed to do this, why can't users? I personally feel that this kind of content is perfectly appropriate for the chatroom at the times that kind of topic was discussed, and other staff did too. However it's only an issue with Dan.

I talked about the fact that I believed my /me was well within the rules of PB2, quoting from the Code of Conduct. Dan gave me no reasons why it would be against the rules, and squirmed out of every question. He told me I was calling staff "bad people", which was a misunderstanding when I asked another person not part of the situation what they were referring to in a comment about the 'SS' (first result on google for SS, btw). As for "Creating drama", I feel the drama was created here by Dan.

If I can't have a genuine, civil, and polite conversation with a member of staff over an issue I have, I believe that person should not be a staff member.

I have been questioned on this exact /me status by the head mod Kazy, who told me it was entirely acceptable, and I am sure Head Mod is above Mod. So you (the staff team) might want to look into something preventing your staff going against their superiors.

To Dan: I don't believe I have been banned for "Creating pointless drama and denying staff warnings." - I believe I have been banned because I made you feel uncomfortable.
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Issues with Chat Moderation 03/10/2017

Postby chrissty33 » 10 March 2017, 22:55

jdc55 wrote:You obviously didn't follow the rules kid. You deserved that ban. The staff wouldn't just ban you unfairly like that

You're only saying that because you don't like me, I'm calling you out.

Otherwise why would you post this previously?
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=19204&p=178190#p178190
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Fixer21 » 10 March 2017, 23:04

So you are very uncomfortable with PB chat... well, okey.

Let me tell you something that is normal in 21st century for a long time now. There is Skype, Discord, TeamSpeak and many more chat sites and stuff. I think it would be better to build your own one and problem solved.
Fixer21
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 10 March 2017, 23:16

I'm sorry you've had this experience, it's clear to me that this type of /me status is clearly a meme, joke, or satire. You're correct that staff members have used the same status in the past, you should not have been banned for this.

The argument following Dandamage's warnings wasn't drama, and you're right in saying that he never asked to move it to PMs.

I hope you understand though that staff members do have their own ways of moderating the chat, site and forums, and the simplest way to avoid this kind of thing is to follow their instructions. If something like this happens in future, the best way of dealing it is to PM the three site admins, Tempus, Kiriakos, and I.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby chrissty33 » 10 March 2017, 23:17

DoomWrath wrote:I'm sorry you've had this experience, it's clear to me that this type of /me status is clearly a meme, joke, or satire. You're correct that staff members have used the same status in the past, you should not have been banned for this.

The argument following Dandamage's warnings wasn't drama, and you're right in saying that he never asked to move it to PMs.

I hope you understand though that staff members do have their own ways of moderating the chat, site and forums, and the simplest way to avoid this kind of thing is to follow their instructions. If something like this happens in future, the best way of dealing it is to PM the three site admins, Tempus, Kiriakos, and I.

Thank you, but this doesn't change the fact that it happened. Please make sure your mods know what they're doing, you'll lose the site players if your mods go rogue and ban people.
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 10 March 2017, 23:42

If staff arent needed then where will community members go for assistance or justice when someone breaks a rule? Eric himself is a busy man already.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Dandamage » 10 March 2017, 23:53

This was definitely a confusion. It goes right in the list of stuff to be noted and not repeated in the future (by me, mainly, that is). Don't expect all staff members to have the same opinion about a certain situation, as even though there is a set of rules, there is clearly more than one interpretation and some exceptions that are way too unique to add to the code of conduct (yet?).

Basically, do not include the rest of the staff team in this, it was basically me so all the complaints should be directed to me. About the incident, it is settled and any further information will not come from me if you are not involved. You can always send suggestions and feedback to the anonymous dropbox or by PM to staff members, so I recommend you do that if you have anything to say about this.

Thank you for understanding.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby chrissty33 » 11 March 2017, 00:00

I wasn't heaping all staff together saying they're all included in your mistake, which honestly was minor, yet pissed me off at the time. I wanted to get all the staff to weigh in so every staff member could see and at least consider where a line can be drawn in terms of the rules that you said have "clearly more than one interpretation and some exceptions that are way too unique to add to the code of conduct" so that in future if someone does something that's allowed by one staff member, another staff member doesn't freak out and ban them, because they know to be lenient over that kind of issue.

I don't know if you guys (staff team) still use that ICQ or skype chatroom, or have staff meetings, if you do you should maybe discuss as a group this kind of thing together so everyone's on the same page.

jdc55 wrote:Lmao pb2 staff is just reckless. staff isn't needed, and shouldn't even be free for everyone to apply. other games don't have staff for a reason. and this is exactly why. My opinion and many others.

For a second can you stop shitposting and look at things neutrally and unbiased?
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby jdc55 » 11 March 2017, 00:03

Silent Aurora wrote:If staff arent needed then where will community members go for assistance or justice when someone breaks a rule? Eric himself is a busy man already.

Rules for this dead game isn't needed. The more successful game forums don't even have staff. One thing about this game, is its staff. You hire the wrong people and they do bias sht when they get upset, like ban you, or delete your post even when you followed the rules. Rules don't say you can get banned if your post doesn't intentionally offend someone. The staff is sensitive and can't learn to take a punch. The community takes punches everyday. Yet you get one thrown at you, and you abuse your power once you get a little offended.
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Kazy » 11 March 2017, 00:05

jdc55 wrote:[...]

It doesn't matter if rules are needed or not.
You posting such kind of replies clearly proves that we need them.
If you can't follow or accept them, feel free to have future bans issued or stop using our services. You've accepted the CoC at the time you have registered your account here.
Spoiler: Show More
- if you read this, you can read.
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Postby chrissty33 » 11 March 2017, 00:07

jdc55 wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:If staff arent needed then where will community members go for assistance or justice when someone breaks a rule? Eric himself is a busy man already.

Rules for this dead game isn't needed. The more successful game forums don't even have staff. One thing about this game, is its staff. You hire the wrong people and they do bias sht when they get upset, like ban you, or delete your post even when you followed the rules. Rules don't say you can get banned if your post doesn't intentionally offend someone. The staff is sensitive and can't learn to take a punch. The community takes punches everyday. Yet you get one thrown at you, and you abuse your power once you get a little offended.

>Posting this BS on a topic where the staff literally just pardoned me, allowed my /me to be "send nudes", and "took a punch" so to speak

If you could read more than picture books, you'd see that yes, Dan did get triggered and ban me, but he went back on that, the staff overall pardoned me, and Dan's made peace. I honestly can't think of another game with a staff team I like this much.

Please. You're pitiful. All successful games have staff, those without staff or those without active or numerous staff are often known as cancerous pits of shit.

-------------

@Kazy @DoomWrath @Dandamage @Kiriakos - Please don't lock this topic due to shitposters, and please don't remove the shitposts, leave them for posterity. <3
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby tehswordninja » 11 March 2017, 14:37

JDC55, I've removed the majority of your posts and given you a warning. That type of behavior simply isn't allowed here and you aren't contributing to the topic in a helpful or useful way. You're quite clearly, for lack of a better word, "attacking" the staff simply because you got banned for breaking the rules.

Please use your head before you post in the future.

As for this topic, like doom said, please talk about this to an admin or even one of the moderators instead of making a topic on the forums. Leaving this up for the time being, for now.

Also, Dan hasn't been a moderator for a good while (took a long break) so its understandable for him to make a minor mistake like this. Don't get 'triggered' or upset over a simple mistake like this, all you have to do is just message one of us about the incident.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby xChakra » 11 March 2017, 17:59

we still have these issue in 2017

my word.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Ghostehz » 11 March 2017, 19:17

Good lord, a 30-min ban creates such heat. Glad I stopped going on PB2 chat. Whoever mentioned using Discord up there has common sense.

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 11 March 2017, 19:28

jdc55 wrote:

There is too much Chaos without Staff. A Forum full of "free-thinkers" that don't know pizza sauce who aren't moderated isn't any better than a Forum with Staff that isn't at least somewhat strict.

Without Staff, the Community would take even more punches (and it's not like everyone has to take them, after all).
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Krutz » 11 March 2017, 20:02

Ghostehz wrote:Good lord, a 30-min ban creates such heat. Glad I stopped going on PB2 chat. Whoever mentioned using Discord up there has common sense.

it doesnt really matter if its a 2 second mute or a 3 century mute; its the fundamental relationship between users and staff that christy is addressing—its not the focus of the discussion and its not relevant at all how long the punishment was

Krutz

Postby xChakra » 11 March 2017, 21:38

Krutz wrote:
Ghostehz wrote:Good lord, a 30-min ban creates such heat. Glad I stopped going on PB2 chat. Whoever mentioned using Discord up there has common sense.

it doesnt really matter if its a 2 second mute or a 3 century mute; its the fundamental relationship between users and staff that christy is addressing—its not the focus of the discussion and its not relevant at all how long the punishment was

i didn't understand what this guy said i didn't go to harvard university im a real ass american can someone translate what he said
xChakra

Postby KARL SERG » 11 March 2017, 21:46

Krutz wrote:

It is relevant if we were to scale with the Reason because of which it happened.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby chrissty33 » 12 March 2017, 02:10

Krutz wrote:

Pretty much spot on. I'm not simply "salty because of a misplaced ban". Anyone who thinks this after reading everything I've had to say is a total and utter moron. This is a topic to discuss the relationship and trust between staff and players, originally it was to highlight a single event which is now fully dealt with - if you're still going on about that, again, you're an utter moron.

Also, discord is cancer.
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby xChakra » 12 March 2017, 02:32

chrissty33 wrote:
Krutz wrote:

Pretty much spot on. I'm not simply "salty because of a misplaced ban". Anyone who thinks this after reading everything I've had to say is a total and utter moron. This is a topic to discuss the relationship and trust between staff and players, originally it was to highlight a single event which is now fully dealt with - if you're still going on about that, again, you're an utter moron.

Also, discord is cancer.

haha you're salty you got banned random
xChakra

Next

Return to General Discussion