Plazma Burst, An unforgettable game made by Eric Gurt

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Plazma Burst, An unforgettable game made by Eric Gurt

Postby StrikingAssassin » 1 March 2017, 17:22

''This is a stupid game'', ''wow worst game i ever played''. How many times did you hear that? and how many more do you hear nowadays? i never thought i would wright about a game or on how good it is until now. Many people think this is just another ''Flash Game'' you stumble upon when surfing the net, a game that you might just play for 1h and then leave and never play it again. It's true at least for some people we never really got to meet or those random Guests you kill when you play unranked.

Years have passed since Plazma Burst 2 has been released and yet it is still alive, not as much as it was but it's alive. Plazma Burst has had and still has a great community and great players that supported or still support the game nowadays such as that youtuber ''Mingo1'' and many others i forget. This game for me has been my childhood, i never really got to make many friends in real life duo to the fact i traveled a lot, and so this game became my home [No i am not a nerd], i would play everyday and talk to the friends i made in it, i even got to meet some in real life. Anyways the game in itself is a fun and challenging game that got us spending hours into playing it. It has taught me so many things from how people react and interact with each other, it also taught me into becoming mature and no longer type in caps ''OMG'' like most kids in the game still do.

Many of my friends left as well as the players from the community, many will never be forgotten as they became ''Legends'' for being good. They inspired others into working hard to be where they were and many made it. As i allways said ''Never give up on your dreams and they will never give up on you'' this is true for the game as if you work hard enough and give at least some dedication into playing you will get what you want. This is allso true in real life such as applying for a Job or studying for a hard test. You see the game isn't so diffrent from real life in itself you just got to see it, and i know i learned much about life thanks to the game. Eric has dedicated his time into making this game and it payed off quite well since players love the game and spend hours playing. However nowadays it's hard to play, the servers arn't as full as they used to i mean remember those thousands of players that would be connected to Cali, Wash and EU server, now there are only a few playing.. from thousands of players to 200, 20 or even 10 players connected. Even tho the game isn't as active as it was it is still fun, as people still play SAWs and many other game mods. Anyways we grew up with this game since we were 12-14 years old. We know the good and the bad things about it and Eric trys to make it better as his slogan says. Know that even if right now you are disapointed with game i would like you to remeber those good times you had laughting with your friends when you played ranked or just a simple random saw or sword battle, remember the clans you joined, the people you met and the people who inspired you.

But what i really want you to know and remember is that Eric has read and thought about most of the players ideas and who knows maybe yours is in his planning for Plazma Burst 2.5 Anyways i hope you all had the fun i had and still have from time to time playing this, and i know that for many this game will never be forgotten and i also know that i will certainly see and talk to some of you guys in the new Plazma burst world that Eric is working on for the simple reason that PB2 has an awesome community and awesome players who love to dedicate themselves to the game!!

Cheers to all of you players out there!
StrikingAssassin
Recruit

Re: Plazma Burst, An unforgettable game made by Eric Gurt

Postby maxim12 » 1 March 2017, 18:14

Plazma burst is a great game, It allows you to make your own levels, great gameplay, good multiplayer (Yeah, in the past it used to be much better than how it is now.)

To be honest, people who literaly come with those comments:
"A game that has ruined my life"
"It gave me cancer lol"
"stupid game" and etc...
Are stupid. How game can destroy your life? Those comments have literaly 0 logic.

All I see is people complaining about "Toxic community", "This game is filled with edgy teens that have 0 social skills lel", like stop it please, It's getting annoying to read the same cry-comments in literaly every f*cking thread, if you think the community is so toxic, why don't you guys STOP simply being toxic? You guys behave in a toxic way, then you complain about toxity.

Take this thread for example:
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=18760

Like jesus christ. I started this thread, just to make the community much better, and reduce the hatred among us. No... People just flame up the thread, calling me "Snowflake" for no reason, and coming up with other insults.

I know that my posts are rude/toxic and kind of misplacing in that thread to, but this is what simply happens when people drive me insane and think It's very smart to come up with insults such as "Snowflake".

Then they complaining how toxic the community is... PEOPLE, SERIOUSLY!

I myself, play the game, to have fun and enjoy it, and I'm just tired with the hatred that is going on here, I want the game and the community to be peacefull, and enjoyable place for everyone.

I really hope PB2.5 will not go the same fate as PB2.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby StrikingAssassin » 1 March 2017, 20:08

maxim12 wrote:Plazma burst is a great game, It allows you to make your own levels, great gameplay, good multiplayer (Yeah, in the past it used to be much better than how it is now.)

To be honest, people who literaly come with those comments:
"A game that has ruined my life"
"It gave me cancer lol"
"stupid game" and etc...
Are stupid. How game can destroy your life? Those comments have literaly 0 logic.

All I see is people complaining about "Toxic community", "This game is filled with edgy teens that have 0 social skills lel", like stop it please, It's getting annoying to read the same cry-comments in literaly every f*cking thread, if you think the community is so toxic, why don't you guys STOP simply being toxic? You guys behave in a toxic way, then you complain about toxity.

Take this thread for example:
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=18760

Like jesus christ. I started this thread, just to make the community much better, and reduce the hatred among us. No... People just flame up the thread, calling me "Snowflake" for no reason, and coming up with other insults.

I know that my posts are rude/toxic and kind of misplacing in that thread to, but this is what simply happens when people drive me insane and think It's very smart to come up with insults such as "Snowflake".

Then they complaining how toxic the community is... PEOPLE, SERIOUSLY!

I myself, play the game, to have fun and enjoy it, and I'm just tired with the hatred that is going on here, I want the game and the community to be peacefull, and enjoyable place for everyone.

I really hope PB2.5 will not go the same fate as PB2.

Yes, i agree with you the game is extreamly fun to play too bad some people make the community a ''Toxic'' place because there are still many good people. And yes maybe your kind of aggressive in some of your topics but we are here to hear each other and try to figure a way out since we love the game. Yes i trust Eric in making sure that PB 2.5 is gonna be a blast. I mean connection problemes will be fixed so less laggers all the new wepons and all will be great i mean its literally like he would give us a free PS4 game and i think thats why we love the game and Eric so much. People should stop insulting others since its worthless. Those who call you SnowFlake might just be the ''new'' community of PB2 they are those who did not play the golden age of pb2 so they think what you say is just trash talk too bad for them.. kids you know.
StrikingAssassin
Recruit

Postby mirx » 1 March 2017, 22:10

Tbh to me this game is pretty garbage.. Poorly made servers, The lag, Hit detection. It's all pretty trash to me. But that doesn't make it not fun to play. I rarely play Pb2 anymore. I got bored of it. Unless I'm playing competitively in PCL, then its fun. But to me, the game's just to trash for me to play it casually anymore.

mirx
Recruit

Postby Hikarikaze » 2 March 2017, 00:26

At the rate the community and the game both are going, this will only become unforgettable based off the ever growing list of cons rather than its pros. Your "special" time here will become forgotten in the midst of the controversies and unnecessary issues that plague this game and community alike because people care more about drama and the sort rather than the reasons you bother to waste free time here

Since the community essentially is the lifeline for the game and since it's such a dominant topic within this discussion, let's start there. Actually, let's start with this internal conflict that we always have regarding toxicity because it's such a dangerous issue to both the dwindling longevity of the game and any first impressions of the game by those who have never seen or experienced anything from here before

maxim12 wrote:Are stupid. How game can destroy your life? Those comments have literaly 0 logic.

A game can be addicting to a point where the player ignores everything else and prioritizes the game. Is it not the game's fault for causing that effect? Lives can be destroyed this way. It makes sense if you bother to actually understand the bigger picture behind it. Don't complain about hostility, especially not in that neutral and innocent tone you try to use, when you incite it yourself too. Multiple times in history have shown this

I find it ironic and hypocritical that you're complaining about other complaints. Those people talk low about the game and yet here you are, talking low about those people. Have you ever gave a thought as to why people say the things they do? PB2 isn't a perfect game and not everyone will continue to like it. It'll become old, repetitive, and ultimately just not as good as one once thought when he or she first played the game. PB2 does have major flaws which perfectly justify why people don't like this game. Couple that with this so very wonderful community and you shouldn't even have to think as to why people talk so negatively about the game.

You find it annoying to read people "whine" when in truth, many are getting annoyed of your own whining about the whining you're targeting. The only thing that makes zero sense here is your hypocrisy and irony

maxim12 wrote:This game is filled with edgy teens that have 0 social skills lel

Insulting others, inciting conflicts, and especially adding fuel to the fire are all evidence of both a lack of respect and a lack of proper social etiquette. Of course the edgy teens here will have 0 social skills when all they do is run their mouths and hide behind their anonymity provided by the Internet. Half of them can't do anything without the help of either A.) someone else, or B.) alternative methods that give them power

maxim12 wrote:Like jesus christ. I started this thread, just to make the community much better, and reduce the hatred among us. No... People just flame up the thread, calling me "Snowflake" for no reason, and coming up with other insults.

Ever wonder why? The answer is literally right here. What you get is the result of your own actions. You contribute to the very problem you hate

Using some pitifully made "insanity defense" isn't an excuse for your ironic behavior. You clearly don't show any signs of insanity (as in the mental condition), and yes I am qualified to correct your abhorrent misuse of both insanity and the insanity defense, so that excuse is definitely not going to work. You have anger issues and you clearly make no attempt in alleviating them. That's your own personal problem if it lands you in trouble. Don't blame other people just because you're too lazy or incapable to correct yourself

maxim12 wrote:I really hope PB2.5 will not go the same fate as PB2.

PB2.5 will eventually follow this route. The parts of the PB2 community that are up to date with information will be the first ones to know and migrate to PB2.5. Guess what that means? That toxicity just moves over to the new game. Not to mention certain members that have once contributed to the issue may also come back. Don't bother saying that PB2.5 won't be like PB2 because it eventually will

StrikingAssassin wrote:Those who call you SnowFlake might just be the ''new'' community of PB2 they are those who did not play the golden age of pb2 so they think what you say is just trash talk too bad for them.. kids you know.

Let's not generalize here now. I'm one of those people that call him "snowflake" and I played since 2011. The other main people that do this have also existed since the "golden era." These kids that you refer to are the ones that know what PB2 was really like before, during, and after the great era of 2013 and before

Not to mention those that "trash talk" him only do so because he brings it upon himself. He clearly admits that his posts are rude/toxic. Make the connection. He insults far more if not just as much as those that insult him back and this is evidenced multiple times

mirx wrote:Tbh to me this game is pretty garbage.. Poorly made servers, The lag, Hit detection. It's all pretty trash to me. But that doesn't make it not fun to play. I rarely play Pb2 anymore. I got bored of it. Unless I'm playing competitively in PCL, then its fun. But to me, the game's just to trash for me to play it casually anymore.

It makes the game less enjoyable. Players shouldn't have to experience terrible issues like this. I, for example, can't even play PB2 properly without getting 1 FPS. Where's the fun in a lack of enjoyment in the game?

Don't even get me started on competitive/ranked. That mode is entirely a mode catered for elitists (i.e people from Asia have no chance of getting anywhere unless your Internet connection is top notch) and biased towards those that live near the 3 servers. Again, not fun nor enjoyable for those people. 180+ ping players get ignored and left in the dust
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby master derk300 » 2 March 2017, 00:45

Just play the damn game and enjoy it.
Who cares what others think about this game lol...

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby maxim12 » 2 March 2017, 01:35

Hikarikaze wrote:He insults far more if not just as much as those that insult him back and this is evidenced multiple times

You wan't to know why I insult?
Thats because I'm tired of explaining people the same thing all over again like brocken radio, I've clearly stated why that feature is bad for the game; but they repeat the same thing all over again and again, hence I've started using insults, because It's annoying to repeat the same thing.

It's a good thing that Eric removed the "Enemy list", It's mostly used by people who just promote hatred towards each other so they can flame even more, and we all know that we all avoid such thing...?

But anyway, I'd like to eric to come up with 2 new features; An Ignore list and a Challenge list. So that people will know what the feature was actualy intended for.

Ofcourse I wan't to see the option so that people will able to dissallow other users to add him to their challenge list, not everyone wants to be tracked by others, unless some people just like to be "The most Wanted" so they can allow others adding him to their Challenge list.

As for ignore list, It will be your personal Ignore list. No others will able to view your Ignore list, also Ignore list will not show when the user that you've ignored is online, because It's not a challege list and serves different purpose.

Hm, I could even suggest those 2 Ideas in the Idea Suggestion.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Hikarikaze » 2 March 2017, 02:24

maxim12 wrote:It's a good thing that Eric removed the "Enemy list", It's mostly used by people who just promote hatred towards each other so they can flame even more, and we all know that we all avoid such thing...?

Don't even go there. The list was removed because of faulty arguments that proved absolutely nothing. You made claims but no real argument.

You didn't even prove or try to prove once how the enemy list was misused one bit. The minority who did misuse it was generalized and this generalization was attributed to the majority. It wasn't removed because it was being misused on a massive scale; it was removed because you made the false impression that it was misused as such. Not just that, your idea didn't get any traction until max teabag personally "endorsed" your idea. Eric only hid the list as soon as MT posted in your favor, again using faulty generalizations and lack of proper evidence. That only showed elitism and it basically highlighted how one influential person, by saying the most incomplete of things, can shut down an entire group of people that are actually using common sense. Elitism like that is what fuels toxicity and this is what is tearing the community apart. Again, this came from the existence of your original topic. You ultimately contributed to the further divide. Just another example of your hypocrisy

It's not a good thing that your lack of proper sense and actual justification essentially brought forth a further divide and further prevalence of toxicity in the community. Do you actually feel proud that whining actually got you somewhere? A feature that barely did any harm gets removed on the word of one person yet there are still issues that, despite the support of many people, are still here and haven't even been looked at once. Those "insults" that you become so hurt by because you're too sensitive to a point where you shut out any form of commenting that doesn't paint you in a positive light are justified. You deserve those considering your history towards other people and I'm not saying this because you target me specifically the most for absolutely no real reason; I'm saying this because you always target a group of people and associate those that "insult" you into the same group. Your trend of doing so is, yet again as always, never ending, it seems. It's only fair that whatever you do to others, those same people do the same right back. I can even go as far as to say that there's absolutely no room for people like you in this community if you want to continue to behave the way you do right now

Don't try to act innocent and act like you have nothing to do with the toxicity in the community because you, at this point, have been playing a significant role. This is why people rarely praise this game, because there's literally no room for praise anymore. This game sure is unforgettable - unforgettable in that it'll be known as all the bad things about it more than the actual good things that are now a minority

Also don't be so selective with my post and only reply to one part of it. This is a discussion. Either answer all parts of the post or don't answer against it at all. I want to see your opinions against all the points I've brought out to you
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mirx » 2 March 2017, 03:12

silverteen11 wrote:
mirx wrote:Tbh to me this game is pretty garbage.. Poorly made servers, The lag, Hit detection. It's all pretty trash to me. But that doesn't make it not fun to play. I rarely play Pb2 anymore. I got bored of it. Unless I'm playing competitively in PCL, then its fun. But to me, the game's just to trash for me to play it casually anymore.

Believe it or not, that's actually not the game's fault.

The poor servers are Coolbuddy's fault.

Lag is Adobe Flash Player's fault, trust me, literally any game that runs in Adobe Flash Player can be optimized a lot by just making the same game in C++, for example.

Hit detection is actually done fine, the problem here is, assuming you're complaining about the multiplayer part, lack of synchronization which is again Adobe Flash Player's fault.

So what, if it's coolbuddy or Adobe's fault? That doesn't make the game any better. No hate towards the game, but to me, I can't play this game casually. It's kind of a mess. People are moved on for a reason.

mirx
Recruit

Postby commando 54 » 2 March 2017, 04:57

Well I see that this topic is quite insufficient to be noticed by many right now but my stance on PB2's legacy is that it stemmed from PBfttp which in its own respects shares PB2 problems and PBfttp's lack of recognition and its relative uninterest comparted to its sequal is problaby why PB2 dint change on the base level and kept its issues but I do think that even a aging game on old software hosted by a dying client has charm to it as to me it represented a time in flash gaming where many single developers tried their individual skills in making a fun game and PB2 happened to stand out with its unique multiplayer that no other flash game has ( if any other flash games have multiplayer ) as well as good post launch support compared to other games combined with its hit popularity in its prime years gave it the momentum to become something much bigger.
but it was held back due to how it was developed and the fact it was already aging by its prime and it was programmed by one man who problably dint expect success. While it is sad the PB2.5 will also follow this trend and PB2.5 is still built upon the same foundation as PBfttp will still yield the same result and it too will have its prime but the limitations of what it was made to do will still hold it back, nonetheless I will continue looking back upon my time with the game and remebering a different time and all the good times that I enjoyed under a flawed but mature system.
Halo 2 is the best PFS shooter ever created, Halo 3 is trash and the BR is a rice shooter and Halo 5 is straight garbage.
commando 54
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 2 March 2017, 12:15

I keep forgetting this game, people usually push me to play this. and yeah, the game can cause depression for people. playing a dead game like its life? Nah those players have mental issues

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 2 March 2017, 12:56

Forgot about the game since 2014,keep coming here for the lolz and jokes,like this topic
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby maxim12 » 2 March 2017, 15:24

Hikarikaze wrote:Don't even go there. The list was removed because of faulty arguments that proved absolutely nothing. You made claims but no real argument.

Eric himself said that the enemy list was originality intended to be an Ignore list, but as you know, it didn't even function as an ignore list, hence he removed it. And I think hes working on an ignore list.

Hikarikaze wrote:You didn't even prove or try to prove once how the enemy list was misused one bit. The minority who did misuse it was generalized and this generalization was attributed to the majority. It wasn't removed because it was being misused on a massive scale; it was removed because you made the false impression that it was misused as such. Not just that, your idea didn't get any traction until max teabag personally "endorsed" your idea. Eric only hid the list as soon as MT posted in your favor, again using faulty generalizations and lack of proper evidence. That only showed elitism and it basically highlighted how one influential person, by saying the most incomplete of things, can shut down an entire group of people that are actually using common sense. Elitism like that is what fuels toxicity and this is what is tearing the community apart. Again, this came from the existence of your original topic. You ultimately contributed to the further divide. Just another example of your hypocrisy

Hypocrisy...

Elitism? Are you bringing politics here?

Repeating the same thing isnt "Common sense", I've countered their argument, but they repeat the same thing all over again.

Also, I didn't fuel toxity, I wrote my original thread in a nice manner, It was all started when you started to call me "Snowflake" - Totaliy smartest insult I've ever seen.

Also, what it has to do with "Hypocrisy"... wtf.

Hikarikaze wrote:It's not a good thing that your lack of proper sense and actual justification essentially brought forth a further divide and further prevalence of toxicity in the community. Do you actually feel proud that whining actually got you somewhere? A feature that barely did any harm gets removed on the word of one person yet there are still issues that, despite the support of many people, are still here and haven't even been looked at once. Those "insults" that you become so hurt by because you're too sensitive to a point where you shut out any form of commenting that doesn't paint you in a positive light are justified. You deserve those considering your history towards other people and I'm not saying this because you target me specifically the most for absolutely no real reason; I'm saying this because you always target a group of people and associate those that "insult" you into the same group. Your trend of doing so is, yet again as always, never ending, it seems. It's only fair that whatever you do to others, those same people do the same right back. I can even go as far as to say that there's absolutely no room for people like you in this community if you want to continue to behave the way you do right now

Lack of proper sense? I stated my opinions why the enemy list is bad and why it should be removed, I've used my common sense to write the reasons.

Also, you're stating that no one supported my complaint/Idea, even though if you gonna look for the thread properly you'll see there are plenty of people who supported my Idea.

So smart... All I wan't is better for the community, Instead I get this:
Hikarikaze wrote:I can even go as far as to say that there's absolutely no room for people like you in this community if you want to continue to behave the way you do right now

TL;DR version:
"Your Idea sucks, nobody wan'ts you here lol, you suck.", Totaliy civilized.

Hikarikaze wrote:Don't try to act innocent and act like you have nothing to do with the toxicity in the community because you, at this point, have been playing a significant role. This is why people rarely praise this game, because there's literally no room for praise anymore. This game sure is unforgettable - unforgettable in that it'll be known as all the bad things about it more than the actual good things that are now a minority

One thing I wish that people stop labeling me as the biggest "Villain" or the "Hitler" of the PB2 forums, like stop it please.
Wan't to see an example? Here, is what I found in my PM's 1 or 2 months ago, you think It's funny? I think not:

I don't know from where that user took that I'm a radicalist (wtf?), homophobic...? FANATIC? What the actual hell does he actualy trying to say?
I don't know if this is your friend, or not your friend, or you're just decided to hide in one of your alt accounts and insult me from there.

But anyway, I wan't to be threated equaliy like others, I'm a regual user who plays PB2 just to have fun, untill Eric will release PB2.5.

I wish people stop the hate towards me and stop being so rude towards me, as much as I try not to be rude.

Hikarikaze wrote:Also don't be so selective with my post and only reply to one part of it. This is a discussion. Either answer all parts of the post or don't answer against it at all. I want to see your opinions against all the points I've brought out to you

Funny how you say this, yet you ignored most of the other parts in my post, especiality the Idea that I've suggested to replace the Enemy list.
maxim12 wrote:You wan't to know why I insult?
Thats because I'm tired of explaining people the same thing all over again like brocken radio, I've clearly stated why that feature is bad for the game; but they repeat the same thing all over again and again, hence I've started using insults, because It's annoying to repeat the same thing.

maxim12 wrote:But anyway, I'd like to eric to come up with 2 new features; An Ignore list and a Challenge list. So that people will know what the feature was actualy intended for.

Ofcourse I wan't to see the option so that people will able to dissallow other users to add him to their challenge list, not everyone wants to be tracked by others, unless some people just like to be "The most Wanted" so they can allow others adding him to their Challenge list.

As for ignore list, It will be your personal Ignore list. No others will able to view your Ignore list, also Ignore list will not show when the user that you've ignored is online, because It's not a challege list and serves different purpose.

Hm, I could even suggest those 2 Ideas in the Idea Suggestion.

You keep saying that I was being selective about your post, yet you did it too with my post.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby StrikingAssassin » 2 March 2017, 19:06

Ok so clearly both of you have a diffrent point of view in the game. Hikarikaze I never said that all those people are the ''New Community'', I said it might be. Sure you call him Snowflake or whatever I don't care im not going to go in that discussion it's between both of you, But know that surely he might talk agressive and rude to the community, sure he might be as annoying as those who complain. But forums are here to discusse ideas like both of you are doing. And Talking a bit about the community is interesting. I don't agree with you or him since I'am actually playing for fun. Your right about one thing tho and that is that the game is dead and yes the ''New community'' will move on to the new PB2 since they are the new Plazma burst player generation. Who knows maybe one day they might be the ones complaining instead of you.

One thing i do notice is that the game became easier, I mean being Diamond legend nowadays is a joke admit it. Even my grand-mother could do it. But face it no one is right about this some prefer it like it is atm since its sort of fair for anyone since they can be diamond legend in no time, but for others its annoying cause they see what's supposed to be a Dedicated hard working award being given to anyone like a candy you give to a child on the streets( I don't know if you guys do that). Whatever you guys think about the new community just learn to trust Eric he knows what he is doing and if you have suggestions for him. TELL HIM AND STOP COMPLAINING. Lols
StrikingAssassin
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 3 March 2017, 00:19

This topic has devolved into a flamewar, so I'm locking it.

Hik and Maxim, both of you should know better than this as you've both been around for a good while. Giving the both of you a warning, and in general a reminder to everyone not to contribute to or cause flame wars.

Topic locked.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Return to General Discussion