What happened

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What happened

Postby TerminatorRex » 12 February 2017, 12:58

Hi, I've been playing this game since late 2011 and stopped in 2013 because of personal reasons and I was unable to play. Recently I've rediscovered the game but it's nothing like I remember.

There are only 400 players online across all three servers, and all of the people on my huge friends list have been offline for years.

What happened to the game? Why is it dead?
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: What happened

Postby tehswordninja » 12 February 2017, 16:20

TerminatorRex wrote:Hi, I've been playing this game since late 2011 and stopped in 2013 because of personal reasons and I was unable to play. Recently I've rediscovered the game but it's nothing like I remember.

There are only 400 players online across all three servers, and all of the people on my huge friends list have been offline for years.

What happened to the game? Why is it dead?

Plazma Burst is a flash game, with glitches and bugs. It had a massive lack of content updates.

It can't live forever.

However, PB2.5 is coming; it will be a massive revive (hopefully) to the Plazma burst series, and will (again, hopefully) draw in both old players and new ones alike.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Civil-Lite » 12 February 2017, 20:11

So pretty much you could say, Plazma Burst 2 is on its last legs, on top of that PB2.5 is coming.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby mrblake213 » 13 February 2017, 01:42

6 February 2015: Recently active players amount instead of total number of connections is displayed during server pick now; stats added to site Play section under game screen.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 13 February 2017, 23:16

The Silent Assassin pro wrote:Isn't this supposed to be on the Questions?
The Silent Assassin pro wrote:This supposed to be not in the General Discussion it has to be on the Questions. He's asking a question.

This topic seems to be in the right section also dont go offtopic.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby mingo1 » 14 February 2017, 02:05

People just move on bro, it has nothing to do with the game being bad
mingo1
Administrator

Postby mirx » 14 February 2017, 06:31

mingo1 wrote:People just move on bro, it has nothing to do with the game being bad

Yes it does bro. The game is pretty awful. And I'm not saying that to be a troll. Eric is sitting there working on useless bs no one cares about while he can be working on stuff that excites us and really matters. No one gives a crap about AI. AI in this game is fine. Literally spent 2 months working on AI no one gave 2 craps about. Doesn't even show us the new weapons. He post so little on Twitter yet he still thinks the game is 16% done. Literally almost 2 years was wasted working bs stuff the community gave 0 craps about. I know he doesn't have the time to grind the development of pb2.5, but sheesh this community has suffered more than 3 years of lag, shtty servers, bad hit detection, and not even well spread out servers. My thing is, the least you can do, is excite us more, and work on stuff that matters. Like Multiplayer, Level editor, New In-Game UI, and these crappy servers. One thing he can also do is show us more. He every now and then post about him making a new gun, yet he doesn't even show it to us. The only things he's worked on the community has been excited about so far is, skin editor, ammo, and jetpacks. Yet he's been spending his "precious" time working on AI, snow, and Physics. No disrespect to Eric, but if you're going to take 3 years making a game, while your community is sitting here stuck with this bs and is relying on you, give us something more than just AI and Physics..

No harm is meant to be done in this post. But let's face it. Pb2 is awfully made and the creator is taking his precious time bsing and making crappy updates that make the game no better.

Ps. This is only my opinion and I wish for no one to get offended or angry at this post

mirx
Recruit

Postby maxim12 » 15 February 2017, 22:14

mirx wrote:
mingo1 wrote:People just move on bro, it has nothing to do with the game being bad

Yes it does bro. The game is pretty awful. And I'm not saying that to be a troll. Eric is sitting there working on useless bs no one cares about while he can be working on stuff that excites us and really matters. No one gives a crap about AI. AI in this game is fine. Literally spent 2 months working on AI no one gave 2 craps about. Doesn't even show us the new weapons. He post so little on Twitter yet he still thinks the game is 16% done. Literally almost 2 years was wasted working bs stuff the community gave 0 craps about. I know he doesn't have the time to grind the development of pb2.5, but sheesh this community has suffered more than 3 years of lag, shtty servers, bad hit detection, and not even well spread out servers. My thing is, the least you can do, is excite us more, and work on stuff that matters. Like Multiplayer, Level editor, New In-Game UI, and these crappy servers. One thing he can also do is show us more. He every now and then post about him making a new gun, yet he doesn't even show it to us. The only things he's worked on the community has been excited about so far is, skin editor, ammo, and jetpacks. Yet he's been spending his "precious" time working on AI, snow, and Physics. No disrespect to Eric, but if you're going to take 3 years making a game, while your community is sitting here stuck with this bs and is relying on you, give us something more than just AI and Physics..

No harm is meant to be done in this post. But let's face it. Pb2 is awfully made and the creator is taking his precious time bsing and making crappy updates that make the game no better.

Ps. This is only my opinion and I wish for no one to get offended or angry at this post

Nonsense...

The AI change is actualy a welcome thing for players who wan't more challenge.
And by the way, the AI in PB2 is very dumb and can be very annoying sometimes, speciality AI that are on your team that suppose to follow you doing stupid things like getting stuck on really ridicule things.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby mirx » 16 February 2017, 00:24

maxim12 wrote:
mirx wrote:

Nonsense...

The AI change is actualy a welcome thing for players who wan't more challenge.
And by the way, the AI in PB2 is very dumb and can be very annoying sometimes, speciality AI that are on your team that suppose to follow you doing stupid things like getting stuck on really ridicule things.

No one cares about AI at all. Unless you wanna make your own campaign. All im saying is, add All that bs in later and work on the things we actually need and matters and what we want.

mirx
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 16 February 2017, 03:20

mirx wrote:No one cares about AI at all. Unless you wanna make your own campaign. All im saying is, add All that bs in later and work on the things we actually need and matters and what we want.

I'm sorry but you're completely wrong here.

Not everyone who plays this game play solely ranked. AI is a huge part of the game and expanding on it and making it better than PB2 is definitely something needed and wanted.

Your sole opinion does not count for others; many different types of players play this game for various aspects of it.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby mirx » 16 February 2017, 04:13

tehswordninja wrote:
mirx wrote:No one cares about AI at all. Unless you wanna make your own campaign. All im saying is, add All that bs in later and work on the things we actually need and matters and what we want.

I'm sorry but you're completely wrong here.

Not everyone who plays this game play solely ranked. AI is a huge part of the game and expanding on it and making it better than PB2 is definitely something needed and wanted.

Your sole opinion does not count for others; many different types of players play this game for various aspects of it.

For what exactly? No one needs and wants to know about AI right now. Add that bs later. AI is beyond our wonders. Nobody even cared AI until he started working on it. AI was fine and Op asf in Campaign. We don't even really need better AI. If we do, for what exactly? No ones plays Campaign anyway.

mirx
Recruit

Postby Tempus » 16 February 2017, 06:09

Greetings Mirx,

You're not entirely wrong on your opinion. In fact no one really can say anything about an opinion. The fact remains true even with PB2. Everyone will choose to do whatever they want. PlazmaBurst 2 isn't only about playing Multiplayer. Hell, you can play Plazmaburst 2 without even touching multiplayer (not sure why you would't) but my point remains.

For a player much like yourself, PB2 could be about multiplayer and achieving top 100. For players such as Max Teabag for example (excellent map dev), PB2 could be more about creating maps in different styles. What i'm saying here is that PB2, depending on how you look at it, is more.

Check it out: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=1&a=

Thousands of Single Player, COOP and DM maps made by players. You choose what you get to do in PB2.

Now, like it or not. But you as the player is only seeing PB2.5 through a key hole. Sorry. So unfortunately I can't go much into detail about AI and why they are so advanced... I leave you to your imagination (don't hurt yourself).

That being said, AI in PB2.5 play a big part.

Finally, I'm sure you're fairly familiar with coding then? You know what you want for PB2.5? Think it's really simple to do? You cant write a book from finish to start. Even with coding, everything has to go through several stages of coding.

Like the slanted blocks in PB2.5 were added kinda later into the development, in result a good portion of the code had to be re-written (a setback best avoided).

Cheers,

`Tempus
Tempus
Advisor

Postby mirx » 16 February 2017, 20:37

Tempus wrote:Greetings Mirx,

You're not entirely wrong on your opinion. In fact no one really can say anything about an opinion. The fact remains true even with PB2. Everyone will choose to do whatever they want. PlazmaBurst 2 isn't only about playing Multiplayer. Hell, you can play Plazmaburst 2 without even touching multiplayer (not sure why you would't) but my point remains.

For a player much like yourself, PB2 could be about multiplayer and achieving top 100. For players such as Max Teabag for example (excellent map dev), PB2 could be more about creating maps in different styles. What i'm saying here is that PB2, depending on how you look at it, is more.

Check it out: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=1&a=

Thousands of Single Player, COOP and DM maps made by players. You choose what you get to do in PB2.

Now, like it or not. But you as the player is only seeing PB2.5 through a key hole. Sorry. So unfortunately I can't go much into detail about AI and why they are so advanced... I leave you to your imagination (don't hurt yourself).

That being said, AI in PB2.5 play a big part.

Finally, I'm sure you're fairly familiar with coding then? You know what you want for PB2.5? Think it's really simple to do? You cant write a book from finish to start. Even with coding, everything has to go through several stages of coding.

Like the slanted blocks in PB2.5 were added kinda later into the development, in result a good portion of the code had to be re-written (a setback best avoided).

Cheers,

`Tempus

For AI kids that focus on AI (Which there barely is) it'll be nice to know it would be better AI in the game. But the majority of the community is about making maps or just playing Multiplayer. You dont really see annoying messing with AI in level editor anymore much. No ones even making their own fan-made campaign much anymore. But knowing that we'll have advanced AI is cool to know, but doesn't excite us at all. It can play the biggest part in the world. But it's never ever going to grab anyone like Skin Editor did. And anyone with common sense would know that. Therefore why show people a bunch of boring AI stuff insteading of wowing the community with stuff we've asked for years. For example.

Working on Servers
The Lag
Hit Detection (Which is awfully bad)
New Characters
Showing new guns (Its nice to know he's working on it, but itll be awesome to see them, like he shows "AI")
Maybe even make a Gun Camo system to earn camos for your guns like people have better asking for
Work on the old not done gamemodes
Work on new gamemodes in general

Instead of following his community (the community he put down and left to die) he took over 4 months worrying about AI rarely anyone cares about, instead of using that time to finish what people wanted. All I'm saying is, if you're going to do that, pick up the pace. Everyone is kind of downed that PB2.5 might not even come out this year or even next year. Yet he doesn't even feel what we're feeling right now. He doesn't know that, people could have only stayed because pb2 is the only gane they could play and probably finding a new browser game is hard. He doesn't know that people are stuck playing this game. But if he does, then why is he not following us. He hasn't followed us since Skin editor. Or getting other people's gun ideas. The game's based on more than just guns and Skin Editor. We've asked for things, I've asked for things. And he ignores. After me being loyal to the crap game this is. He doesn't know how long people have been stuck playing this game and how anxious people are to even get one update. Yet he sits there and fools with AI, that barely anyone uses anymore. It's cool knowing hes working on better and smartet AI. But wow me. Cause AI doesn't, and it doesn't wow the rest. And I guarantee that.

mirx
Recruit

Postby Uryzen » 18 February 2017, 23:28

I know everyone wants to bash the game for what is but if you look at things from an objective look, what happened to pb2 is what happens to everything, whatever goes up must come down, lyf is lyf m8s.

Uryzen
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 19 February 2017, 23:06

Yup, been waiting for PB2.5 for so long, yet if I have ran out of data (which happened once again) for PB2, I don't wanna leave the community. Seriously, this was the only game which I have been in for so long, but I don't want to be in other games.

Somehow, I make hard decisions, when I see dumb AI, I'd just ignore it, but I never really say it "sucks" or "annoying". Of course it can be annoying, especially in the campaign and the multiplayer (if you put one, then it's either your teamnate or your enemy). At least Eric Gurt would change it. So, moving on to the weapons, the Sniper Rifle is very cool, it would have a range boost, may be unique just like the Railguns. I'm guessing a strong recoil on this one, well it uses high calibre rounds (50 Cal. i guess). For some new things like the jetpack, I'd hope none of us would go crazy with it, we might collide with one another, heheh..

Anyway, I'm still staying here until PB2.5 releases, would be excited for that one, of course, who doesn't?
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Super- » 20 February 2017, 00:47

Missed the old days....servers were really active.....numerous welcomings to newborn players...active players.....its very sad that it will take very long to see that again......even though eric owns the game lots of people think its his fault that this game is getting dropped down which it wasn't ..its very hurtful and distinguishing to see people leave the community......especially the fact that we grew up with the game and with other individuals in it..hopefully we will see them again in PB2.5 and hopefully it will be better and brighter.

Super-
Recruit

Postby stormforce » 20 February 2017, 21:47

Eric is the ONLY programmer right now, flash programming is very difficult, besides he has his own life too, Eric is trying his best by attempting to fix problems Pb2.5 has. Eric does not even earn a lot of money, or at all off of this game, so at least appreciate what he can do. If you really have nothing to do but complain and hate on this game, go play some other game. This game clearly would not be for you.
hi

stormforce
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Wither » 28 March 2022, 16:46

Sad to see a game like this die, came back after long-long years to see that only one american server has players, and that was also just 20 players... At least this game gave me friends that I still talk to, to this day.

Looking at Eric's twitter, I have no hopes for PB 2.5 coming out in the coming 5 years, might as well enjoy what we have right now until it closes as every other game does.

Wither

Postby PeacyQuack » 28 March 2022, 17:04

Are we best friends
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Gashadokuro » 26 April 2022, 22:53

There's like 40 players now (?)

Still not dead!
Gashadokuro