Eric

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Eric

Postby Terror Only » 10 February 2017, 10:43

is it possible to run pb2 on your new magic pb3 engine?

you said pb3 is only 4% ready which means we will most likely see it completed in 2018 or later

i notice lack of activity on the forums and in game too. adding a few updates to pb2 swf could be great to keep the community alive
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Re: Eric

Postby Eric Gurt » 10 February 2017, 12:12

PB2.5 has no multiplayer, no vehicles, no shield grenade, no virus gun - it can't run PB2 right now.

In any case I think it will be better to finish new project instead of turning it into updates for PB2 as in PB2 case updates happen to not bring any popularity increase in past.

Other than this, PB2's campaign can be remastered and included in PB2.5/3 when next game is finished.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Terror Only » 10 February 2017, 13:28

of course updates such as "increasing crouching speed" and "implementing a team chat" won't boost any in-game activity because nobody needs those. i was talking about adding new armors, guns, decorations, backgrounds... actual content

if pb2.5/3 has no vehicles, shield grenades and no virus gun, fine. we can go without them. if you finish multiplayer, it'd be really cool to try running pb2 on the new engine and add some neat stuff into it. i don't know if its hard to do or not (because i'm not a programmer) but if it isn't then do it please
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Eric Gurt » 10 February 2017, 20:00

New armors (like Grub, Falkok, Phoenix Falkok and white Proxy), weapons (like 3 kinds of grenades for multiplayer and Ray Rifle TCoRR), new trigger actions, new materials (starting with "Red" material in Level Editor are added with updates) and Advanced Level Editor didn't provide any popularity increase. Updates mostly only changed the ways how existing players play - game recommendation and spread rate remains pretty much the same through all it's versions.

It works in same way for any game, not only PB2. Players just barely return to games which they used to play but then left because of some reasons. And I think these reasons really exist, they are just can't be fixed in current engine.

I don't think it is also very good to give false hopes since in most cases there might be core aspects of game that wasn't liked by players who left (for example fullscreen, how multiplayer works). Perhaps they will not lose hope for future games based on PB2 update experience in case if they don't understand why limitations in PB2 engine exist and if they think creator likes the ways game is made.

If I will bring all new content into current game - majority of old players will not return to it anyway. Additionally I will not have anything new left to show in next game. Also for new players to game series it will look like new game looks way too close to previous, making it look like I waited years just to release same game.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby maxim12 » 10 February 2017, 21:25

Eric Gurt wrote:New armors (like Grub, Falkok, Phoenix Falkok and white Proxy), weapons (like 3 kinds of grenades for multiplayer and Ray Rifle TCoRR), new trigger actions, new materials (starting with "Red" material in Level Editor are added with updates) and Advanced Level Editor didn't provide any popularity increase. Updates mostly only changed the ways how existing players play - game recommendation and spread rate remains pretty much the same through all it's versions.

It works in same way for any game, not only PB2. Players just barely return to games which they used to play but then left because of some reasons. And I think these reasons really exist, they are just can't be fixed in current engine.

I don't think it is also very good to give false hopes since in most cases there might be core aspects of game that wasn't liked by players who left (for example fullscreen, how multiplayer works). Perhaps they will not lose hope for future games based on PB2 update experience in case if they don't understand why limitations in PB2 engine exist and if they think creator likes the ways game is made.

If I will bring all new content into current game - majority of old players will not return to it anyway. Additionally I will not have anything new left to show in next game. Also for new players to game series it will look like new game looks way too close to previous, making it look like I waited years just to release same game.

Hello eric gurt!

I have questions for you... I know I can post them on twitter, but I don't wan't to register account on twitter.

So here are my questions:
- Do PB2.5 will can have vehicles in multiplayer? (Only for Custom or Non-competitvce matches ofcourse...)
- When you create your own Skin/Character in the Skin editor in PB2.5, we will have the option to make them private so that you only can use them in your maps or as you character profile for multiplayer? It would be usefull to able to do this.
- We will able to Rename weapons? (In the level editor.)
- We will have Rain effects and Lighting or thunder effects in level editor triggerable On/Off like the snow we currectly have now?
- We will have more new vehicles?
- We will have new Game modes for multiplayer? (Like capture the flag, and more...)
- Will the "Best" weapons such as Alien shotgun, C-01p Pistol and CS-BNG will be rebalanced so they won't be simply the "best" weapons?
- Will the Slot 4 Sniper Rifle will be Tweaked, Reworked or Overhauled?
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby tehswordninja » 10 February 2017, 21:31

While I too would like to see more content for PB2, I agree with Eric in that it would be more important to save new content for PB2.5. I really don't think you really believe that adding some new guns would keep the community alive, it's too far down the line for any kind of popularity to come back.

PB3 is a separate project from PB2.5, so it's understandable its not that far along.

I'd like to see a finished project on release. Sure, maybe beta testing without vehicles or whatever, but release needs to have as much content as possible.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Eric Gurt » 10 February 2017, 21:36

maxim12 wrote:So here are my questions:
- Do PB2.5 will can have vehicles in multiplayer? (Only for Custom or Non-competitvce matches ofcourse...)
- When you create your own Skin/Character in the Skin editor in PB2.5, we will have the option to make them private so that you only can use them in your maps or as you character profile for multiplayer? It would be usefull to able to do this.
- We will able to Rename weapons? (In the level editor.)
- We will have Rain effects and Lighting or thunder effects in level editor triggerable On/Off like the snow we currectly have now?
- We will have more new vehicles?
- We will have new Game modes for multiplayer? (Like capture the flag, and more...)
- Will the "Best" weapons such as Alien shotgun, C-01p Pistol and CS-BNG will be rebalanced so they won't be simply the "best" weapons?
- Will the Slot 4 Sniper Rifle will be Tweaked, Reworked or Overhauled?

Vehicles are in plans for multiplayer, but they are not implemented so far at all.

Making it possible to protect skin designs is in plans, but I'm not sure how deep this protection will actually work and if there will be any.

Weapon renaming should be possible.

Probably there will be more options that will specify when atmospheric effects are allowed and when not.

Can't tell if there will be more vehicles.

New game modes are in plans.

Many weapons have been rebalanced, though Alien shotgun, C-01p Pistol and CS-BNG still remain close to what they are in PB2, at least now.

Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay already got change regarding how it will work.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby maxim12 » 11 February 2017, 01:12

Eric Gurt wrote:Quote

Oh, and I forgot to ask one last question...

Will you reconsider the standard amount of health for competitive (Ranked) matches? Because 130 Health and 150 health is way too small, I think it should 250 - 350 health instead...

It's because powerfull weapons like the Alien shotgun can oneshot you...
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Eric Gurt » 11 February 2017, 07:28

Will tell about hitpoints change for ranked games later, if there will be any. But aiming itself might become harder in PB2.5 compared to PB2.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Dariy » 11 February 2017, 09:18

I'm positive you will also put a great effort into making new backgrounds and walls or perhaps even customizable ones, I am a huge believer in colors and the effect they have on the gaming experience. A good mix of them can truely spice up the mood or affect it in a relaxing/chilling way. In the PB2 level editor it seems to me that we are constricted to a very narrow pallet of colors we can play around with, so the maps look a lot like other ones even if they are made by different people because the same kind of solutions show up in many of the designs and for this reason they get quite repetative over time. I am hopeful that you'll be able to come over this obstacle.
We really need a touch of creativity in terms of appearance.
ησтнιηg вυт тнє вєѕт ιѕ gσσ∂ єησυgн ƒσя мє
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby Dandamage » 8 March 2017, 21:08

Dariy wrote:Big quote

Actually there is plenty of stuff to play around with, even though I agree there is also plenty of room for improvement.

We already know that lamp colors can be edited, that the skin editor may or may not change the color of light for the visor and PSI swords (which may affect lighting), we already know that there will be muzzle flash and varying explosion lighting effect, we already know that there will be secondary light effects, but...

Eric, will you add an option to make moving lamps or, rather, moving lights? Will you be able to modify gun skins? Will you be able to customize the power of the light from muzzle flash or of the explosion, or even the color of it?

Also, thank you very much for the variables update. They were very useful!
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to General Discussion