I don't understand

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

I don't understand

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 17 January 2017, 17:02

Why do people want things to be advanced for no reason? I don't know why Eric can't see our point of view. [players before 2013]. we complain about the systems, and never want to go back, even if it's obvious in front of our faces!

Let me explain about the KD system that shits on any other systems.

-you are free to kill anyone you like

-no limits on kills to rank up on top 20, deaths don't scare you or anyone else because your rank won't drop regardless. so players were more active because of that.

-it is the easiest system to not stress about for god sake

-you take your time, and don't lose kills

-Everybody whether they lag or not will have actually fun!

-I know people used to farm back then, but it did not matter much because everyone else was getting the same rate of kills everyday. [kdr wasnt too important but seemed great since you chill on killing players with no aggression.] also there is a kill log for everybody which the problem is solved for farming.

-you play on ANY map and have fun regardless. maps were simple to kill...there were approved swords maps/rocket maps and people did not complain about losing kills, like I said above.

I'm BRINGING THIS OUT HERE! the reason why you see x deaths maps so much with full rooms is because you have fun. lagging or not. you have team mates who help you out, and become friends. even roleplaying happens the most there.

-people used to complain about lag, but it did not matter, you still didn't lose kills. Hell, even the laggiest person would reach top 20 but made an EFFORT on killing with no worries.

-approved sniper maps would feel ALOT better because you could kill anyone with no rush.

-Ok. people talked about people leaving immediately, but with the kill system, they would STAY because there is no habit when dying to leave. you dont lose YOUR RANK on top 20.

-Last but not least: Yeah eric did a great thing on making pp for pb2. But maybe put the deadliest list based on pp. But its not the main list for awards

So I hope you understand this topic ;) other successful games are successful because the simple kill system
Last edited by Star Fox McCloud on 17 January 2017, 21:27, edited 4 times in total.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: I don't understand

Postby KARL SERG » 17 January 2017, 19:46

I agree. The KDR System is more nice and simple.

However, it would be more interesting if it had cumulative properties. For example:
- Killstreaks would be integrated in a special function along with the KDR.
- Multikill would be similar, but they involve killing many Opponents in short amount of time regardless if you die or not before or while that happens.
- Critical Shots, which involve hitting special, designated, hard-to-hit parts of the body, granting extra score points.
- Spree Enders, which involves killing players which are on a killing spree (who have killstreaks).
- Unstable Kills, meaning that one performs a kill while in Air, Water or while generally being unable to control your movement.
- Kill Assists involving dealing damage to an Enemy, but not necessarily killing him/her (the Player who dealt the most damage would be assigned the kill.

I hope this will be an Option in PB2,5.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 17 January 2017, 20:36

That can be for the deadly list

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Uryzen » 17 January 2017, 22:09

The reason why i think eric won't change his system is because he worked hard on it and he wouldn't just change it because some players asked him to.

Besides, the kills system has 1 flaw, there are players who played this game for a long time and they already got huge amounts of kills like ASDFAFJOE so i think there would be a big unfair advantage for new players SO

i suggested long ago in my other account about a new PP system that would be exactly like the kills system but you gain/lose the same amount of PPs from every and any player and instead of removing PP each day for unactivity the whole PP people gained gets reset every 4 months so new people don't get an unfair advantage forever.

But who cares..........

Uryzen
Recruit

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 17 January 2017, 22:32

The thing is, we completely accepted the top 20, they had completely respect. They had so many kills, but it made us even happier to get up there. We played every single day killing and having fun, no shame or hate. KD was the least amount of stress and frustration if you actually think about it.

I had 75,000 kills in 2012, so I might of made the lower part of top 20, which would feel better than 1st place on pp system

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby master derk300 » 19 January 2017, 04:18

Hello!, The first rank system was the best in my opinion.I found it funny how some people with literally no kills are in top 20, if you could compare the amount of kills the old top 20 with this top 20 u will laugh because the diff is hilarious , But I rlly dont care if they dont change it because im going to still play this game. Now I have 183k kills and 52k deaths ( 2nd highest kills in this game, was the first one i think but lost it because of inactivity lol!) and im happy with it, is not a big deal if i never get top 20 again. And forgot to mention that nobody plays ranked system is just the same people. Unless they change this system the game will keep losing players.

sorry for my bad english
-Derk

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 19 January 2017, 14:49

One thing I really want is to start over in pb2.5, no pb2 stats. Old KD system returns with new pb2.5 mechanics on gameplay.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby master derk300 » 19 January 2017, 17:02

If they resart stats it should be called pb3 and not pb2.5. And i think it will be hard to revive this game.

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Eric Gurt » 19 January 2017, 17:45

Basically old ranking you are talking about worked this way:
Code: Select all
   var day_in_seconds = 60 * 60 * 24;
   var two_weeks_in_seconds = day_in_seconds * 14;

var seconds_since_kdr_reset = TimeInSeconds() - last_kdr_reset_in_seconds;

var limited_soft_kdr = ( kills + 10 ) / ( deaths + 10 );

if ( limited_soft_kdr > 10 )
   limited_soft_kdr = 10;

var kills_minus_death_multiplier = ( kills - deaths ) / 5000;

if ( kills_minus_death_multiplier > 1 )
   kills_minus_death_multiplier = 1;

var time_and_min_score_value_multiplier = kills / ( seconds_since_kdr_reset / day_in_seconds ) - deaths / ( seconds_since_kdr_reset / day_in_seconds );

if ( time_and_min_score_value_multiplier > 50 )
   time_and_min_score_value_multiplier = 50;

var time_limit = seconds_since_kdr_reset / ( two_weeks_in_seconds / 6 );

if ( time_and_min_score_value_multiplier > time_limit )
   time_and_min_score_value_multiplier = time_limit;

old_player_rank = ( 10 + limited_soft_kdr ) * kills_minus_death_multiplier * time_and_min_score_value_multiplier;

As you can see it depends on 3 things:
1. KDr.
2. "kills_minus_death_multiplier" which is multiplier in range from -Infinity to 1 that becomes 1 once player has 5000 more kills than deaths on his total stats (and actually has more kills than deaths).
3. "time_and_min_score_value_multiplier" which is multiplayer in range from 0 to 50 that becomes 50 once player plays "long enough for ranking".

So at the end KDr was the only thing that did matter in old ranking system. After giving that system a try I can say that it was impossible to catch everyone who've been having over 30 accounts just to farm kills for their accounts and accounts of their friends (who've been in old top 100 as well as the result of this).

Percentage of farming players been originally over 50% in old top 100 which is why some players had their stats reset once in few days in order to have only the list of players who actually play with other players instead of existing (mostly or partially) in some sort of closed ecosystems.

New system on the other side favours players who not only play good, but also who challenge various players. It can be farmed once in a while with few tricks but at the end this will give PP profit with significance lesser than if player challenged other players in regular way.

Stats for PB2.5 and PB2 will be separate since PB2.5 will provide different gameplay.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby master derk300 » 19 January 2017, 19:42

50% farmers in old system? I dont think many people did that. There are many ways to catch those farmers. 1) Show how many times you killed today and who you killed and who killed you like in pp system shows( and if someone keep getting kills from new accs is suspicious, but it will be a hard job for you) 2) If i make 30 accs with the same ip adress obviusly im hiding something 3) Eric, you know this system is played by no one so something is wrong.

Maybe im wrong and you are right about this system been much better in terms of reliable. Its pretty sad that because of farmers i couldnt get my first place. Well just wanted to thank you for creating the game i have fun playing it in my free times. Keep working hard and good luck with pb2.5

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby tehswordninja » 19 January 2017, 19:54

master derk300 wrote:50% farmers in old system? I dont think many people did that. There are many ways to catch those farmers. 1) Show how many times you killed today and who you killed and who killed you like in pp system shows( and if someone keep getting kills from new accs is suspicious, but it will be a hard job for you) 2) If i make 30 accs with the same ip adress obviusly im hiding something 3) Eric, you know this system is played by no one so something is wrong.

Maybe im wrong and you are right about this system been much better in terms of reliable. Its pretty sad that because of farmers i couldnt get my first place. Well just wanted to thank you for creating the game i have fun playing it in my free times. Keep working hard and good luck with pb2.5

I think eric knows a bit more about the system and how many people farmed a lot more than you do, just saying.

It is fairly easy to get away with farming provided you do not play on ranked actively.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby master derk300 » 19 January 2017, 19:59

No, becuase back then i was an active player and I remember playing with the top players all the time( literally) and I alwys stalk their profile and see that their kills per day increase the same way like me. I didnt understand what you said in last line, what you mean? Becuase dont play ranked matches means farm?
Last edited by master derk300 on 19 January 2017, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 19 January 2017, 20:07

But I remember when the old top 20 had random KDR. Also 90% of pb2 were active at the time. People just farm for the deadliest list since it was pretty easy for pros to get high kdr shortly.

But if that list did not exist, there would be no POINT in farming.

Since thousands of other players kill at the same rate/time it is useless.

It heavily relied on how many kills you get per day and overall.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby master derk300 » 19 January 2017, 20:34

Yeah I remember the first top system was about kills and all the top players were legit but then they changed to kd system after( it was called deadliest before) that people in pb2 start farming and the top was full of people with 5kd-10kd...

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 January 2017, 20:48

I liked the kills system simply because you could progress at your own pace and that progress wasn't random per person if you killed someone. It was straightforward and simple: you kill someone, you get 1 kill. Skill was still involved since some people are actually challenging to kill so securing that kill paid off if you managed to get it. PP does this too but it doesn't pay off when the person you kill barely has any PP to give; everyone was equal under the old system

What I never liked about it was how easy it was to farm kills. Every system has loopholes but I think this one had some major loopholes: killing alts counting as actual kills, etc. I doubt most people did try to exploit that but it's safe to assume that at least one person tried to at some point. It's why the PP system even came to be but even that system is plagued with its own issues. PP is way too random and more complex than the systems we had before but I can understand why it was designed like this

I want some sort of compromise between the two systems: a system that has elements from both. Both sides get what they want and if it doesn't work out, it can always be changed

master derk300 wrote:I didnt understand what you said in last line, what you mean? Becuase dont play ranked matches means farm?

I think he means that you're less likely to get caught for farming (and therefore getting away easily) if you don't get on ranked often
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby master derk300 » 19 January 2017, 20:53

I wish other old top players come to this topic and give their opion about these 3 top systems pb2 had
( kills system --> kd system---> pp system)

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 19 January 2017, 21:19

Lets see it this way. Pp system you are barely active, and reach top 20 in 3 months without farming.

KDR system: You reach top 20 in 2 months without much activity after getting 3000 kills with over 8 kdr.

Old KD system: You invest so much time, getting 5000 kills with 9 kdr, you can't make top 20.
So for 1 year you finally reached 50,000 kills and reach lower top 20 (Even with farming)

Which takes the longest regardless? The KD system

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mingo1 » 20 January 2017, 01:51

PP system rewards you for challenging difficult players, as Eric stated.

If you see LegendaryHero (player with over 100k kills) join the game and you're a p****y and leave, you won't be rewarded in something like the KDR system. PP system rewards players more if they challenge the competition, instead of just killing noobs who are at the bottom

People with high PP should be respected in my opinion... they are (more than likely) pretty freakin good

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Hikarikaze » 20 January 2017, 02:14

mingo1 wrote:If you see LegendaryHero (player with over 100k kills) join the game and you're a p****y and leave, you won't be rewarded in something like the KDR system. PP system rewards players more if they challenge the competition, instead of just killing noobs who are at the bottom

That just creates bias and forces people to selectively target certain people in order to gain any hope in climbing up the leaderboard. Nobody's equal in that system when everyone should be fair game (because everyone is competing against you for the same position), not a select few individuals because they have a number that's higher than the rest
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby master derk300 » 20 January 2017, 02:22

I can see you didnt play the gold era of pb2. In the old days every day in EVERY map you will face the top players because the top players were dedicated. And no i dont want to be a jerk or anything but the skill lvl in pb2 went to sh1t. Srs in the top 20 is a joke... And i dont play ranked matches because is the same map over and over ( and i got 190 ping in cali so i get insta kick) snipers and rails = u use 1 weapon WOW such skills, in most arenas you use 4-7 guns (not counting swords)
And yeah you right about get rewarded for killing noobs but like i said in the past you used to face strong people because they competed for kills.
Also I used to play legendary all the time and many others.

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Next

Return to General Discussion