Map making priorities/plans

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Map making priorities/plans

Postby mrnat444 » 11 January 2017, 23:21

When making maps, I tend to get sidetracked. A lot. I have several maps lying around that I've never gotten around to finishing because I thought of another one which I just had to make.

So, I thought I'd post this to see what you think. I will list all my current maps I'm working on/ideas for future maps below, and you could tell me which one(s) you want to see the most, or just give me ideas for a different one you would like to see me make. Also, I'm just gonna list them off in a somewhat random order (This will be a very long post!).

Maps which are already in development:

Frozen Fury (Singleplayer)
A winter/Sci Fi themed map where you fight snowmen using snow and ice-based weapons which have a "shared ammo system".

Parasite (Singleplayer)
Zombie type game similar to Max teabag's Infection map. Features a mutation system which can be used with any zombie to give them an advantage.

Lazorblade (Multiplayer/Singleplayer) *Demo is up*
The start of a futuristic robot themed universe (Inspired by Clone Drone in the Danger Zone) in which the main weapons used are melee weapons called Lazorblades, which are plasma-based swords (rifles with a greatly reduced max bullet life), and ranged weapons called Rico-guns, that fire weak arching shots of capsules that ricochet (grenades).
I actually have a lot of ideas for this. Like a campaign series, and multiplayer deathmatch maps (especially going into PB2.5, this could get a lot cooler with the skin editor, jetpacks, etc.).

Planned maps:

X-Men (Multiplayer)
Yes, I'm still planning on bringing it back. This was one of my worst maps, due to truckloads of bugs and unbalanced gameplay. I would remake it, possibly adding in different characters.

Plagued Night (Multiplayer)
Zombie survival game where survivors (players) must fend off all kinds of zombies (players) until dawn.

Juggernaut (Multiplayer)
One player is picked as the Juggernaut, and everyone is dropped into an arena in a 7 vs 1 battle against them.

Hide-and-Seek-2 (Multiplayer)
A hide and seek map which involves different classes for both hiders and seekers.

Fin Find (Singleplayer)
Similar to The Stanley Parable, the goal of this map would be to find as many endings to it as possible.

Various potentially ranked maps.

Matt Must Die (Singleplayer)
An escape map themed around endurance, difficulty, and a one man army.

Super Fight (Multiplayer)
Like My map "Super Brawl", except it's played in deathmatch mode and you can choose one of X classes every time you die.

More brawl maps!
The original maps which I started out making, and likely hold most of the votes on my maps.

Unspecified base map (Multiplayer)
I've had this thing sitting around for a while, and if any clan wants/needs one, I could touch it up and publish it.

Fragger (Multiplayer)
A map where the only weapon (other than possibly swords) is an "artificial" grenade which uses a movable.

Suffocation (Singleplayer)
Space survival/(maybe)sandbox game where you must venture out into space to collect supplies and hopefully get rescued.

Sewer Monster (Multiplayer)
I wasn't sure whether to put this one up since it would look/work a lot better in PB2.5, but if you want to see this map before then I could put it at a higher priority.

That is basically every official idea I've had. If you still want to see other maps from me, feel free to leave suggestions for them as well!
Last edited by mrnat444 on 29 March 2017, 09:08, edited 2 times in total.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Map making priorities/plans

Postby Tortoise » 14 January 2017, 13:01

I also have a lot of unfinished mass. Probably have about 4 unfinished base type maps. I would reccomdend going with the most original idea. Although sometimes it can be hard to work with overly complex maps.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby tentionmaru7 » 14 January 2017, 14:39

I plan these when my map gets approved ( or atleast get 25 good ratings )
this one

Battlefront2-foundry(multiplayer)(approval)
Acid everywhere, dont swim for too long

Battlefront3-cold night(multiplayer)(approval)
Something like an atomic winter era

Battlefront4-caverns(multiplayer)(approval)
A secret enemy resort has been compromised

Battlefront5-inferno(multiplayer)(approval)
Its near a volcano, dont touch the lava

Human cannon ( multiplayer )
Just a simple map of stuffing yourself into a cannon and blow yourself up like an idiot, flying
And broke your face while landing
my life has came to a horrifying death
tentionmaru7
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mrnat444 » 14 January 2017, 22:49

tentionmaru7 wrote:I plan these when my map gets approved ( or atleast get 25 good ratings )
this one

Battlefront2-foundry(multiplayer)(approval)
Acid everywhere, dont swim for too long

Battlefront3-cold night(multiplayer)(approval)
Something like an atomic winter era

Battlefront4-caverns(multiplayer)(approval)
A secret enemy resort has been compromised

Battlefront5-inferno(multiplayer)(approval)
Its near a volcano, dont touch the lava

Human cannon ( multiplayer )
Just a simple map of stuffing yourself into a cannon and blow yourself up like an idiot, flying
And broke your face while landing

Nice map, hope it gets approved!
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to General Discussion