Whats the freaking point of the "Enemy list"?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Whats the freaking point of the "Enemy list"?

Postby mikey schmidt » 2 January 2017, 14:29

Hello? I think maxim12 said that other users put him in the enemy list FOR NO REASON AT ALL
mikey schmidt
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 2 January 2017, 15:29

mikey schmidt wrote:Hello? I think maxim12 said that other users put him in the enemy list FOR NO REASON AT ALL

What I'm trying to explain.

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Dariy » 2 January 2017, 16:26

Why hate on maxim when he just pointed out the fact that right now
the enemy list is pretty much useless and also broken in some ways.
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby Kazy » 2 January 2017, 16:42

maxim12 wrote:
mikey schmidt wrote:Hello? I think maxim12 said that other users put him in the enemy list FOR NO REASON AT ALL

Snowflake, how about you ask the people who've put you on their enemies list for their reasons in the first place instead of jumping into rash conclusions and making a pointless forum topic about it.
Because you're definitely lacking way too much context as for why it HAS to be removed SOO much.
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Postby darkstar 1 » 2 January 2017, 17:02

Kazy wrote:
maxim12 wrote:What I'm trying to explain.

Snowflake, how about you ask the people who've put you on their enemies list for their reasons in the first place instead of jumping into rash conclusions and making a pointless forum topic about it.

Asked it to all those in my 'hated by list' a while ago and none of them responded.
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby GhostX5 » 2 January 2017, 18:16

Done the same thing what Darkstar did, but at least one of them did, said that it was a mistake, he accidentally put me in his hated list, but the others? They didn't, but 3, no, 4 of them have the most dumbest reasons to put me in their hated list.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 2 January 2017, 19:00

You seem to be triggered by the fact that people put you on their enemies list or you ran out of ideas for a topic

http://prntscr.com/dqotf6 lol
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Hikarikaze » 2 January 2017, 19:56

Dariy wrote:Why hate on maxim when he just pointed out the fact that right now
the enemy list is pretty much useless and also broken in some ways.

It's not useless if people are finding different uses for it outside of its intended purpose. Keeping track of people is definitely a use

He hasn't proven at all how the system is broken and he's only shown that some people use the enemies list for different purposes. Intent doesn't necessarily mean something's broken. If a person driving a car recklessly gets into an accident, is it the car's fault or is it not the driver's fault? Just an example that can easily be substituted by the context here

Or how about this for those that'll point out that those are 2 completely different scenarios: if someone makes a non-traditional map (pixel art map, etc) in the ALE, which is intended to make maps that follow the side-scrolling shooter formula, then is the ALE broken for being used outside its main use or is it not the mapmaker's fault for going outside the intended purpose?

maxim12 wrote:

You're grasping at straws here because there is no real argument as to why the system should even be removed or how it's broken to begin with. It works just fine for its original purpose but if people don't want to use the list for its intended purpose, then the system isn't to be blamed. If someone added you to their enemies list, too bad and if you manage to find out why they did it, then good for you, but just because someone, for absolutely no apparent reason, added you to a list that literally doesn't affect you in one single way at all doesn't warrant you coming to this forum and whining about it because things didn't go your way

Saying "wow it's broken xdxd" constantly doesn't get your point across and it makes your post look idiotic and at a point where it looks like it's written by an upset child that just got off Xbox Live

What's next on the complaints list, the friends list is broken because someone didn't accept your friend request or something?
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mingo1 » 2 January 2017, 21:50

I use the enemies list to track when Staff are online.

"But mingo, you can do that just by making them friends, dummy"

RIGHT, but with this method, I can always see - right when I get online - EXACTLY how many Staff are on PB2. Therefore, if I need one, I can just message 'em or whatnot. They're not ACTUALLY my enemies, in fact, all of them are on my friends list too. As I said, I just use the "enemies" list to know exactly how many Staff are online at a given time.

"Mingo you're so dumb, you can check if they're online when they're your friends too. Why is this dude even talking"

RIGHT, but since I have over 1k friends added, it would be a hassle to hover over my friends and check which Staff are online. With my enemies list method for the Staff, right as I log onto PB2 I can see how many friends I have on, and also how many Staff are online without even having to check anything else.

By the way, to contribute to the topic which is "what's the freakin' point of the enemy list," I think it's used for when you meet someone in-game that's being a douche or someone that you see a lot that you're kinda "rivals" with, you can add those types of people on your "enemies" list. I personally think that's corny af to be rivals with someone on a 2D flash game but people use it and it's whatever.

And as @Kazy said, if someone adds you on their list - someone you don't even know - and you don't know why, message 'em.

My 2 cents. I hope this answered your question

Thanks!
:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby maxim12 » 2 January 2017, 22:08

Hikarikaze wrote:Saying "wow it's broken xdxd" constantly doesn't get your point across and it makes your post look idiotic and at a point where it looks like it's written by an upset child that just got off Xbox Live

What's next on the complaints list, the friends list is broken because someone didn't accept your friend request or something?

That part makes completely nonsense. What it has to with "Kid in Xbox"? Pfftftft. And by the way, I didn't just said "wow it's brocken xdxd", I stated the reasons why, maybe you should learn to read them.

Some people use it to troll people. The Algerian commander, for example, always responded to me "What the f*ck you want from me, Israeli guy?" everytime I stated critism why for example his Idea is bad, I responded "Whats the matter with you? I'm not jew, I'm russian. please be nice to other people." but guess what happens, in another thread "What would you do If you're rich?", basiclay i replied to the thread what I would do. Then again that guy appeared and responded to me "Thats typical for an israeli guy.", what the hell? after some time, I checked the enemy list... The Algerian commander put me on his enemy list, when I clearly told him that I'm not jew but russian.

Also, It's pretty funny how you decided to plagiarise, and use the same insult he did and called me "Israeli kid", even though you KNOW that I'm Russian and I wouldn't care if that small country called "Israel" would dissapear from the world map.

What next insult on your list, Hikarikaze... "Commie kid", "Russian patriot kid", "Russian Crybaby", "Commie whiner"?

And If I want to complain about something that goes wrong, I will complain about it. There is thing called "Freedom", that means I'm free to do anything I want, which includes complaining. Right now you're sound like a Dictator, telling me that I'm not allowed to do this or that in the forums, I.e not allowed to complain, even though I'm 100% sure that you're once complained about something.

People should be allowed to complain about what they want.

Now, stop being so stubborn.

There are like 2 or 3 people who agree with my complaint/statment. Thanks @mikey schmidt, @Dariy, @Darkstar. all 3 of them stated whats wrong with the enemy list.

darkstar 1 wrote:Yeah, don't like it either, random people putting you in their enemy list... the only thing it can be good for is when you wanna stalk people who did not accept your friend requests :/

Fixer21 wrote:People don't use it as Silent described, all I see is ''trying to brig their hated persons down''. It's super annoying if you ask me. I got like over 30 for no reason (haven't played approved maps since 2013).

+1 maxim12 :D

I guess you didn't read those posts, right? No wait, I think you probality seen those posts, but you treated and reacted to those posts as:

"DIDN'T READ LOLOLOLOL xdxdxdxdxddd"

But you still decided to stay on your own, and call me an "Complaining crybaby", as you always like to stalk me on the forums, together with your friends @Kazy and @Ethics, right?

And by the way, why you're always targeting me, and not even dare to respond to others who state whats wrong with the enemy list. I'm sort of special for you or something?

mingo1 wrote:I use the enemies list to track when Staff are online.

"But mingo, you can do that just by making them friends, dummy"

RIGHT, but with this method, I can always see - right when I get online - EXACTLY how many Staff are on PB2. Therefore, if I need one, I can just message 'em or whatnot. They're not ACTUALLY my enemies, in fact, all of them are on my friends list too. As I said, I just use the "enemies" list to know exactly how many Staff are online at a given time.

"Mingo you're so dumb, you can check if they're online when they're your friends too. Why is this dude even talking"

RIGHT, but since I have over 1k friends added, it would be a hassle to hover over my friends and check which Staff are online. With my enemies list method for the Staff, right as I log onto PB2 I can see how many friends I have on, and also how many Staff are online without even having to check anything else.

By the way, to contribute to the topic which is "what's the freakin' point of the enemy list," I think it's used for when you meet someone in-game that's being a douche or someone that you see a lot that you're kinda "rivals" with, you can add those types of people on your "enemies" list. I personally think that's corny af to be rivals with someone on a 2D flash game but people use it and it's whatever.

And as @Kazy said, if someone adds you on their list - someone you don't even know - and you don't know why, message 'em.

My 2 cents. I hope this answered your question

Thanks!

I get what you mean, the ones what you stated are normal ways to use the enemy list.

My complaint is people putting other people on their list because of absurd reasons; because you'r nationality is Russian or Israeli, because of your religion, or just for NO REASON at all, you didn't even meet them in the game neither, and they already put you as enemy.

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Hikarikaze » 2 January 2017, 22:44

maxim12 wrote:That part makes completely nonsense. What it has to with "Kid in Xbox"? Pfftftft. And by the way, I didn't just said "wow it's brocken xdxd", I stated the reasons why, maybe you should learn to read them.

It's called a comparison, have you ever heard of one?

I've read every post in this topic which is how I was able to develop my posts in the topic to begin with. If I hadn't read them, then explain how I've made counterarguments to literally everything you've presented so far. The ultimate conclusion that you're making amidst the mess of complaints you're spewing out is that the enemy list is broken and it should either be fixed because of your non-existent problem or that it should be removed because it's so "heavily abused"

Unless you want me to explain to you what a main idea or a thesis is along with a comparison, I reckon you're intelligent enough to get the point

maxim12 wrote:Some people use it to troll people. The Algerian commander, for example, always responded to me "What the f*ck you want from me, Israeli guy?" everytime I stated critism why for example his Idea is bad, I responded "Whats the matter with you? I'm not jew, I'm russian. please be nice to other people." but guess what happens, in another thread "What would you do If you're rich?", basiclay i replied to the thread what I would do. Then again that guy appeared and responded to me "Thats typical for an israeli guy.", what the hell? after some time, I checked the enemy list... The Algerian commander put me on his enemy list, when I clearly told him that I'm not jew but russian.

What does your issue with him have to do with anything in regards to this topic? Don't act like you don't do the same either when you attack people by calling them "American imperialists" or whatever random insult comes off the top of your head

Some people use it to troll but guess what? That part doesn't equate to the whole population that does use the enemy list. You still haven't proven how the system is broken or needs to be fixed when I, along with many others, have shown that the person behind the system is the one to be blamed, not the system itself

maxim12 wrote:Also, It's pretty funny how you decided to plagiarise, and use the same insult he did and called me "Israeli kid", even though you KNOW that I'm Russian and I wouldn't care if that small country called "Israel" would dissapear from the world map.

Pretty funny how you're still triggered about that but that also has nothing to do with your problem with the enemies list

maxim12 wrote:What next insult on your list, Hikarikaze... "Commie kid", "Russian patriot kid", "Russian Crybaby", "Commie whiner"?

I could ask you the same thing but just for saying that to me, I'm going to develop an entire list of insults to use next time. Credits for the idea will go to you of course

maxim12 wrote:And If I want to complain about something that goes wrong, I will complain about it. There is thing called "Freedom", that means I'm free to do anything I want, which includes complaining. Right now you're sound like a Dictator, telling me that I'm not allowed to do this or that in the forums, I.e not allowed to complain, even though I'm 100% sure that you're once complained about something.

So naive. There's this list of restrictions called the rules that step on your so called freedom. You have a problem with it, go talk to the staff about it

I complain about things that actually warrant a complaint. I don't whine about every single issue that happens to me. Complaining with an actual intention is different than whining about everything like a little toddler. If you want to call me a dictator, go ahead but it won't affect me in any sort of way if you do

maxim12 wrote:Now, stop being so stubborn.

Those who try to give advice should follow their own first

maxim12 wrote:But you still decided to stay on your own, and call me an "Complaining crybaby".

I'm not on my own. Perhaps you need to read the posts here instead of telling me to learn to read them because there's multiple people that share the same position:

Silent Aurora wrote:I'm protecting it so people like you can stop blaming the system itself, but rather the people who uses the system since they are the ones using it incorrectly.

Kazy wrote:No snowflake, the feature is not being removed because you think it's being abused in any way because it is not possible in the first place. [...]

If you're being triggered by the feature that hard to make a rant-post about it, stop playing the game and/or stop using any or our services at all and ignore it.

So next time you try to say that I'm "staying on my own," perhaps invest two minutes in your life actually informing yourself and read instead of wasting those 2 minutes whining about something entirely idiotic

maxim12 wrote:And by the way, why you're always targeting me, and not even dare to respond to others who state whats wrong with the enemy list. I'm sort of special for you or something?

I responded to Dariy as well but I see you haven't read that either, have you?

maxim12 wrote:My complaint is people putting other people on their list because of absurd reasons; because you'r nationality is Russian or Israeli, because of your religion, or just for NO REASON at all.

Then blame the person, not the system itself. The point of the enemies list has been stated multiple times and it's been made clear that the system is not to be blamed for the actions of the people using it

I also suggest you chill with your anger issues because that's how bans and topic locks happen
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby maxim12 » 2 January 2017, 23:45

Hikarikaze wrote:Then blame the person, not the system itself. The point of the enemies list has been stated multiple times and it's been made clear that the system is not to be blamed for the actions of the people using it

Ok, fine, I will agree with it.

I also suggest you chill with your anger issues because that's how bans and topic locks happen

I will take this advice.

BUT! You need to stop making me angry.

Writing setenses like "You're running out of Ideas to complain about" Is like fueling the heat even more.

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby wreak » 2 January 2017, 23:47

Wardemption wrote:Nothing wrong in it.
Just see my profile.

Imma have to get you some time.

Anyways, it's just a feature that players don't really use that much anymore. It's like capsules or ropes in PB2, little really uses it that much anymore.
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby darkstar 1 » 3 January 2017, 00:37

wreak wrote:Anyways, it's just a feature that players don't really use that much anymore. It's like capsules or ropes in PB2, little really uses it that much anymore.

True, most of the people in my hated by list are from a year ago, lately I have not encountered new issues with players putting me randomly in their enemy list.
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Dariy » 3 January 2017, 00:59

I love the fact that I am the only one who posted possible ways to improve this "enemy list system" and I got totally ignored, people just continued to flame each other.
Can we just quit it already? ;)
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby mingo1 » 3 January 2017, 01:04

Dariy wrote:The cases where the Enemy List is used properly are rare and the majority of those aren't honest feelings
they're just done due to a sudden moment of rage ex. getting killed by the "god" a couple of times on xnx-base.
One thing I think may help in reducing the misuse of this feature is making it so that it's much more like the
"Add As Friend" system, where both sides have to accept the request in order for it to be successful.
Another one is having the enemy list of each player wiped every now and then and if they really still feel
the need to have a specific person as their enemy then they can surely take the effort to make another
request to them. Also there is that glitch where you can add yourself as an enemy. It doesn't really make
any sense unless you actually hate yourself in which case you should probably see a psychologist.

Amen. This is an awesome solution. If two people WANT to be rivals, they can be.

Thank you @Dariy for bringing this up again!

mingo1
Administrator

Postby GhostX5 » 3 January 2017, 07:35

mingo1 wrote:
Dariy wrote:The cases where the Enemy List is used properly are rare and the majority of those aren't honest feelings
they're just done due to a sudden moment of rage ex. getting killed by the "god" a couple of times on xnx-base.
One thing I think may help in reducing the misuse of this feature is making it so that it's much more like the
"Add As Friend" system, where both sides have to accept the request in order for it to be successful.
Another one is having the enemy list of each player wiped every now and then and if they really still feel
the need to have a specific person as their enemy then they can surely take the effort to make another
request to them. Also there is that glitch where you can add yourself as an enemy. It doesn't really make
any sense unless you actually hate yourself in which case you should probably see a psychologist.

Amen. This is an awesome solution. If two people WANT to be rivals, they can be.

Thank you @Dariy for bringing this up again!

Finally, someone have made an idea for the friends & enemies list. Now I can face my rival, FIGHT TO THE DEATH! Thank you, Dariy! Agreed to your idea!

Yup, we gotta stop our flames against one another. Alright guys, let's give it up.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby maxim12 » 3 January 2017, 15:15

RIght.

I'm going to lock this thread. I think Hikarikaze is right, It's not the fault of the feature It'self, but rather the fault of the people use it.

So, because of that, I'm going ahead to lock this thread. As this thread serves no purpose.

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Previous

Return to General Discussion