Has Being Here Taught You Anything?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Has Being Here Taught You Anything?

Postby mingo1 » 20 September 2016, 06:35

I've learned SOSOSOSOSO much in this place, and it has carried over into my real life and made me a 10x better person. I've also made mistakes, which I have chosen to learn from and rebuild off of.

I not only learned crucial life lessons that I WOULD be learning in the far future, but this place also helped me discover my passion and who I want to be - a filmmaker. If I ever end up making it big, I have this place to thank (well ofc. this wasn't the ONLY place / person that led me to discover that, but it's definitely one of the big factors).

You might be thinking "how did a 2D flash game 'teach mingo' so much? This dude is whack... so dramatic, this community is a$$."

It wasn't the game, it was the PEOPLE. It even went as far as someone that I met ON HERE I ended up meeting IN REAL LIFE! You know how incredible that is?! How just by congregating in this online world you can craft a real friendship and connection...

Many of you may think to yourselves "nah mingo, I just come here to play rails and make maps, cool story tho"

But think deeper! Did making maps EXPAND your creativity irl? Has getting really good at rails / snipes taught you about your determination ability? Have you met friends on here that have changed your view on things? Has being here taught you nothing at all, and thinking back it might've just been a waste of time? I'm really curious to know how many of you may share a similar love for this place as I do. Of course, time is ticking, and we'll all move on eventually - so it's time to think back, has being here taught you anything?

:D

Mini-signature (since they're gone lol)
|-------| My YouTube Channel |-------|

http://www.YouTube.com/mingo1ytc
Last edited by mingo1 on 17 June 2017, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
mingo1
Administrator

Re: Has Being Here Taught You Anything?

Postby lee06400 » 20 September 2016, 10:28

It taught me how people can be stubborn and never question themselves, lol
lee06400
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Uryzen » 20 September 2016, 11:59

I absolutely agree with mingo on this point. i grew up with this game from 2011 and it taught me things about life that i would have learned through the hard way if it wasn't for this game.

I don't want to get "negative" or anything, infact i would say this is something positive but this game taught me how to deal with toxic people, it taught me how to deal with an argument against what you would call a stubborn person, i learned to ignore these people and let it be. I learned to give up on arguing with these toxic people because not only do they think they are right and not ever question themselves but they are kinda schizophrenic because a schizophrenic person doesn't know he is mentally ill, to him he's perfectly normal, to him everyone is stubborn and he's the only sane person in the world which is actually the very opposite of the truth but i started to think that these people will never ever learn that, they will never do what they claim nobody is doing which is for example questioning their actions or behaviour to certain individuals or group of individuals.

^ i am not promoting an agenda or referring to someone in particular because i am so over and beyond that already because of my past experiences which i learned from, it's funny because now that i think of it, all the bad things that happened to me in the past did make me who i am today, they kinda build your personality so don't look at a punishment as only a consequence or a "bad" thing, look at it as a teacher and learn from it so maybe you can avoid it in the future.

So yeah my advice to anyone new to this game is to not care about people and give up on arguing with them, just say "yeah you are perfectly right about everything you will ever say" and move on, infact the ridicule factor might actually help these people to realize what they are wrong about, However you must watch out from falling into the trap of thinking you are perfectly Right about something and learn to question yourself TOO.

It reminds me of a quote: "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you". ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Uryzen
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 20 September 2016, 13:46

It's taught me a bit about maturity. I used to be pretty immature back in 2013-2014 but after i saw the staff team i decided i wanted to help so i changed how i acted, and that helped me a little irl.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Dark Reaver » 20 September 2016, 14:13

It didn't teach me anything positive or useful.
If you have to learn how to deal with toxic people through a flash game, then you probably don't have a life.

Making maps may teaches you to 'think outside of the box', but even many good mapmakers make half-assed maps like stryde-sniper which don't improve your creativity at all. Let alone your Average Joe who doesn't even know what a Trigger and a Background is.

And no, railZ and snipurZ don't improve your 'determination ability', if this exists at all. It teaches you how to self / edgeboost, which are useless skills in real life.

What do you want from an online 2D shooter, honestly?
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 20 September 2016, 15:11

lee06400 wrote:It taught me how people can be stubborn and never question themselves, lol

Made me realise how ironic some people can be

Learned that not even "best" friends such as Silent Phoenix can be trusted rofl,then again,I was young back then
Green Eyed Demon

Postby Terror Only » 20 September 2016, 15:15

taught me that the internet is created for fun

taught me to not share personal info

taught me to hate celebrities and their fans

p.s it's kinda weird that a random flash game on the internet can teach you something or even change you
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Dark Reaver » 20 September 2016, 15:56

Green Eyed Demon wrote:
lee06400 wrote:It taught me how people can be stubborn and never question themselves, lol

Made me realise how ironic some people can be

Learned that not even "best" friends such as Silent Phoenix can be trusted rofl,then again,I was young back then

What was wrong with SP?

I remember him being a cool guy, however he was often very awkward.

On-Topic: Well, I still doubt this game can teach you anything useful; maybe it gives some nerds a ridiculously low amount of social skills, but even then, this game is mostly about having fun and not educating people
Dark Reaver

Postby Terror Only » 20 September 2016, 16:18

Dark Reaver wrote:maybe it gives some nerds a ridiculously low amount of social skills, but even then, this game is mostly about having fun and not educating people

100% true
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Wardemption » 20 September 2016, 17:00

Yes, really, yes
humanity has a hope
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby Uryzen » 20 September 2016, 18:07

Dark Reaver wrote:It didn't teach me anything positive or useful.
If you have to learn how to deal with toxic people through a flash game, then you probably don't have a life.

I wanted to clarify that because the internet provides everyone the ability to say whatever they want without consequence because on the internet you can create a fake persona. That's why, therefore, most toxic people exist on the internet because they believe they can say things they wouldn't dare say to someone's face irl which is why you won't find them as much irl.

Dark Reaver wrote:Making maps may teaches you to 'think outside of the box', but even many good mapmakers make half-assed maps like stryde-sniper which don't improve your creativity at all. Let alone your Average Joe who doesn't even know what a Trigger and a Background is.

And no, railZ and snipurZ don't improve your 'determination ability', if this exists at all. It teaches you how to self / edgeboost, which are useless skills in real life.

What do you want from an online 2D shooter, honestly?

It really depends on how you look at it, if you make it "small" by descibing it as an online 2D shooter, you will find in it little to no actual "meaning" or "lessons" about life but if you open your mind and expand your awareness you will find a whole universe inside it.

I remember some kind of imaginairy story that was known where i live about a conversation between a man and an ant, now from the overview of it you would say that this story can't contain with it something of "importance" which is within itself relative, but if you hear the story you will find that the man asked the ant how much food does it need to consume for 2 months then he lock it up somewhere and gave it lets say 100% of the food it wanted and after the time passed he came back to it and found out that it only consumed 65% of the food and when he asked it why she only consumed 65% of the food it said that she thought that he might not have came back to it so she took consideration and did not use all of its resources so she can live if a tragedy happens.

So yeah this story is an alegory about humans that always consume more than they actually really need and how if a tragedy happens they might not survive, we say to these people where i live that the ant is smarter than you because of their irresponsible behaviour lol

Uryzen
Recruit

Postby KARL SERG » 20 September 2016, 18:52

This Forum, like all the ones I've been on so far, has taught me a lot, mostly indirectly.

It works as a suppressor, so if you screw up on the Internet it is much less important than IRL and may make one understand how (not) to screw up IRL. I've also fought with others and learned how evil People could be, without truly exposing myself to that before I should have and hence saved myself from future trouble IRL.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Hikarikaze » 20 September 2016, 22:56

I've learned that staying here is more detrimental than beneficial and that most of the time anyone has spent here could and can be better used to something actually useful. You'll barely learn anything from PB2 other than how to be a edgy socially awkward basement dweller (if you want examples, I have names) and how to be "professional" by babysitting children on a website with little relevance.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Fish 20 » 20 September 2016, 23:13

Besides teaching me to become a pro at swords, its taught me that this game can be rewarding if you have the time and patience
Fish 20
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby pixelbyte » 20 September 2016, 23:14

it taught me how much i should waste my life on the computer because life is terrible and the internet is a great escape to all my stupid problems as a child

pixelbyte

Postby Kostadin 8 » 21 September 2016, 06:16

it taught me swear words and how to be immature
Kostadin 8

Postby artichokecat » 21 September 2016, 06:39

-I've learned a lot of chat slang xD.
-I've learned that you can keep going as far as you want
as long as you have the motivation to (which I don't atm).
-I've learned that asking too much of people usually gets you nowhere (:P)
-I've learned that things can constantly be remixed and/or improved from their current state.
artichokecat
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 21 September 2016, 17:05

Terror Only wrote:taught me that the internet is created for fun

p.s it's kinda weird that a random flash game on the internet can teach you something or even change you

Anything can be a learning experience, provided you are perceptive enough to understand something (possibly unrelated) from it.

Hikarikaze wrote:I've learned that staying here is more detrimental than beneficial and that most of the time anyone has spent here could and can be better used to something actually useful.

Please enlighten us. There are obviously better things to do, but whether it is more detrimental than beneficial depends of what one gets from something.
KARL SERG

Postby Eazy_E » 21 September 2016, 17:13

I learned that I have wasted 2 years of my life
Eazy_E
Recruit

Postby mingo1 » 22 September 2016, 02:19

KARL SERG wrote:
Terror Only wrote:taught me that the internet is created for fun

Anything can be a learning experience, provided you are perceptive enough to understand something (possibly unrelated) from it.

Hikarikaze wrote:I've learned that staying here is more detrimental than beneficial and that most of the time anyone has spent here could and can be better used to something actually useful.

Please enlighten us. There are obviously better things to do, but whether it is more detrimental than beneficial depends of what one gets from something.

AMEN.

Eazy_E wrote:I learned that I have wasted 2 years of my life

Mate, might as well not waste more. GL with life lol ;)
mingo1
Administrator

Next

Return to General Discussion