Farm Glitch

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Farm Glitch

Postby try Aero » 26 August 2016, 14:47

Hello, today I joined a match to play stryde-sniper. It was about full and as soon as I joined I saw many people wit over 100 kills and 10 or less deaths. I obviously thought something was suspicious but seconds after I see the feed explode with kills. I don't know if this is a hack, mod, glitch but it does not look like it is allowed. Here are the screenshots. I do not want to throw these people under the bus but this is wrong and you know it, why exploit it?

http://prntscr.com/caoh8b

http://prntscr.com/caogjv

http://prntscr.com/caoiuj

Staff please do something about this, it's been awhile since I have reported this to 2 staff members and nothing has happened so far, Admins maybe?
try Aero
Recruit

Re: Farm Glitch

Postby Silent Aurora » 26 August 2016, 15:49

That's pretty weird, we can't really do much as of right now since the person used a guest account, we can't really get any information from them (Because of anonymity), but Eric will be notified about this.
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby darkstar 1 » 26 August 2016, 16:20

What does that guest even want to reach with 'helping' those people? The fact there is a guest means it is an unranked match, which means the pp does not get influenced by it... The only thing that gets affected are the kills and deaths and I don't see the point of having them without gaining pp :/
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Fixer21 » 26 August 2016, 18:47

This is the prove what happens when guest system isn't disabled and I expect something more after this.

I recommend to disable guests now, pretty much will solve all the problems. Trust me.
Fixer21
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Alisa Bhransch » 26 August 2016, 23:53

I encountered a similar bug before. Each actual kill I got would give me ten. Same with deaths, though.

Alisa Bhransch

Postby Peter Plays » 27 August 2016, 23:47

Even if it is a glitch, it's still an exploit being used by players.

Disabling the guest system would help with things but it wont solve all our problems... :L
Peter Plays
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby pixelbyte » 28 August 2016, 02:48

I Know that glitch.

It happens when you tamper with the game, or like try to hack portnades or something, it makes it so that anything can kill you, even if its not close to you. if someone slices, it will definitely hit you

Thats probably why the guest died alot.

Not sure if Eric Added that on purpose, anti-hack system or something, or its just a really helpful bug that goes against hackers

pixelbyte

Postby wreak » 28 August 2016, 04:29

Fixer21 wrote:This is the prove what happens when guest system isn't disabled and I expect something more after this.

I recommend to disable guests now, pretty much will solve all the problems. Trust me.

Well this was unranked considering that this is a guest account. Even if it was a fake guest, it wouldn't have been disabled even if you removed the guest system.

Also, unranked matches don't affect your KDR or PP. As to why they did this was completely unknown and almost pointless if they didn't take a picture or record this.
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Hikarikaze » 28 August 2016, 05:19

wreak wrote:Well this was unranked considering that this is a guest account. Even if it was a fake guest, it wouldn't have been disabled even if you removed the guest system.

Also, unranked matches don't affect your KDR or PP. As to why they did this was completely unknown and almost pointless if they didn't take a picture or record this.

Unranked matches affect kills and deaths so it does in fact affect your KDR. The only map type that doesn't affect it is custom maps.

If kills are being counted as simply one kill, the exploit isn't a major issue as it's being implied here. If it's being counted for every message in the feed, then it's an issue.

Fixer21 wrote:This is the prove what happens when guest system isn't disabled and I expect something more after this.

Disabling the guest system won't stop this exploit. It'll just make the people doing the exploits much more visible since they'll have no anonymity to save them. The only way to completely stop it is for Eric to fix it himself

So no, you're not solving anything by jumping on the bandwagon and using this as a reason to completely remove guests. Making changes to them on the other hand would be a different story. Come up with an actual solution next time.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby try Aero » 28 August 2016, 05:56

Hikarikaze wrote:
wreak wrote:Well this was unranked considering that this is a guest account. Even if it was a fake guest, it wouldn't have been disabled even if you removed the guest system.

Unranked matches affect kills and deaths so it does in fact affect your KDR. The only map type that doesn't affect it is custom maps.

If kills are being counted as simply one kill, the exploit isn't a major issue as it's being implied here. If it's being counted for every message in the feed, then it's an issue.

Each kill was multiplied x10. Eric has already said to me that he knows this kind of cheat, the guest was running suicide commands.
try Aero
Recruit

Postby try Aero » 31 August 2016, 15:30

Because this topic's goal was to notify staff members (which it did), this topic will be LOCKED.
try Aero
Recruit

Return to General Discussion