Is glitching through walls against the rules?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Is glitching through walls against the rules?

Postby Varoid37 » 21 August 2016, 23:57

I heard something about abusing physics being against the rules, now, I would just say that part of the fun IS figuring out physics based ways to do stuff other people can't (Self boosting, glitching through walls, ect), but I've heard of people getting banned for doing something called flying...

I think we need a more specific set of rules for what we can and can't do. For instance, is setting the physics quality to 20 FPS and low and glitching through walls bannable? And what other stuff is and isn't bannable?

Heck, some dude even said he reported me in bosscat1-7vs1 for "hacking", all I did was BNG and minigun boost over the base and come down on the roof to get in. The ironic thing is he did it after trying to exclude me, and I said "Dude, if I was really a hacker, why would excluding me work? Wouldn't I just hack back in?", which I find very obvious yet amusing. lol

Varoid37
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Is glitching through walls against the rules?

Postby Terror Only » 22 August 2016, 00:01

if it gives u an advantage in some approved map then you can get banned for doing it

as for custom maps - it's okay to do the glitch
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Protonoid » 22 August 2016, 09:32

Approved maps have a layer or "overlapped" walls which makes it very hard to glitch through. Still there are chances that you may glitch through those, But if you're doing that for a purpose then it maybe against the rules.

Custom maps have no "overlapped" walls (generally) which makes it too easy for glitching through and you can do that on a purpose.
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Dark Reaver » 22 August 2016, 16:22

This rule then doesn't make sense.

If I simply go through a wall simply for having a bad connection and get a kill cause of that., then I'm 'exploiting the game's mechanics' and can be banned for having a ping of 160 in a ranked match. That's dumb.

Also, why weren't people banned for self-boosting in 2011? That was against the rules too.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby KARL SERG » 22 August 2016, 18:36

Dark Reaver wrote:This rule then doesn't make sense.

If I simply go through a wall simply for having a bad connection and get a kill cause of that., then I'm 'exploiting the game's mechanics' and can be banned for having a ping of 160 in a ranked match. That's dumb.

Also, why weren't people banned for self-boosting in 2011? That was against the rules too.

Selfboosting is intended to be in the game by what I know and the AI in PB2,5 will be able to successfully perform it.
Glitching through walls is another story. Many People use it intentionally to disadvantage other Players.

Varoid37 wrote:"Dude, if I was really a hacker, why would excluding me work? Wouldn't I just hack back in?"

It's not that simple, I believe.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Varoid37 » 22 August 2016, 18:47

Has far has I'm concerned, unless it's lagging or something, people should be able to do whatever they can figure out how to do, if they can glitch through walls, they should be allowed to. lol

Varoid37
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 22 August 2016, 18:49

KARL SERG wrote:
Dark Reaver wrote:This rule then doesn't make sense.

Selfboosting is intended to be in the game by what I know and the AI in PB2,5 will be able to successfully perform it.
Glitching through walls is another story. Many People use it intentionally to disadvantage other Players.

Varoid37 wrote:"Dude, if I was really a hacker, why would excluding me work? Wouldn't I just hack back in?"

It's not that simple, I believe.

Selfboosting wasn't originally supposed to be in the game. It was only kept because a large number of maps relied on it.

There's a difference between glitching unintentionally and exploiting said glitch. The first 1-2 times is fine since it may just be unintentional and doesn't fall under the rule but if you do it repeatedly, it'll be seen as exploitation, especially if it looks like you're intentionally trying to recreate the glitch. Unfortunately in some cases, it's difficult to distinguish unintentional glitching from exploitation.

If it's a harmless glitch that doesn't affect gameplay at all, it shouldn't and most of the time won't count (it really depends on the staff member since the rule is based more on personal judgment) but if it offers some sort of advantage, it could and perhaps will fall under the rule.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to General Discussion