Ping limit for ranked matches.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Do you want the ping limit 180 to change or remain the same.

Yes , i want the ping limit to change.
75%
No , i do not want the ping limit to change.
25%

Total votes : 24

Ping limit for ranked matches.

Postby ikiler » 14 August 2016, 20:37

Okay so if the current system will exist when pb2.5 reaches , will the limit 180 change or be the same?

I would be glad if it was made 200 what are your opinions on whether it should remain the same or be changed.

ikiler
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Ping limit for ranked matches.

Postby The Algerian Commander » 14 August 2016, 22:21

To be honest, I like the idea of changing pings in ranked match, most of players can't access to ranked matches due to their high pings, so we need to fix it. Besides it's very rare to see some guys playing ranked in multiplayer, only who has a good connection who able to play. and Honesly i can access to ranked only from Europe surver, due to it near from algeria, I can "at least" reach to 150 ping, but in Cali or Washington i got 200+, and that isn't enough.
I hope you understand my point of view.
The Algerian Commander
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Protonoid » 15 August 2016, 03:27

That's true that most of the players can't play Ranked matches due to high pings.
But it won't be good if we change the ping limits to some high values bcuz If we do that, A lot of problems regarding laggy Ranked matches will appear. Would generate many difficulties to players due to laggers roaming here and there in ranked matches.

I don't wanna change the ping limits.
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby guest-electric fish » 15 August 2016, 09:16

my opinion dear juan is that from one point i would like to change the ping limits in ranked matches because unfortunately i can play ranked Only at Europe server because in the other two servers i get kicked from the server due my ping but from the other point by changing the ping limit it will give lag which it will make harder for the players to play them.
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby ikiler » 15 August 2016, 12:54

guest-electric fish wrote:my opinion dear juan is that from one point i would like to change the ping limits in ranked matches because unfortunately i can play ranked Only at Europe server because in the other two servers i get kicked from the server due my ping but from the other point by changing the ping limit it will give lag which it will make harder for the players to play them.

Sadly i do not live close to any of the servers but my net pushes to connect to them , i can connect to Washington ranked just fine and California ranked i can only connect for 1-5 minutes due to a high ping 160-230 , if it was made 200 that would be just fine some players with those pings stay under 200 to at least 160-200 somewhere between there. I wish i can play in California ranked more often instead of Washington ranked because California ranked is more active than Europe and Washington ranked.

ikiler
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby saw- » 15 August 2016, 13:30

Yes, change it above 200. Nobody plays ranked in eu and wash cuz dei lazy asses dont push Next Server.

saw-
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Mirth » 15 August 2016, 16:07

I have not ranted in a long time so... this is going to be good.
The ping limit is, in my opinion and without hesitation, the worst thing this game has ever have, the reasons, quite simple, are the following:
-It has segregated the community completely, separating the community between ''laggers'' and ''non-laggers''.
-It has prevented the majority of the playerbase from playing for a ranking position.

Just because of the two reasons above, this has become a much bigger problem, because not only segregation is a thing. In my opinion, the fact that players do not suffer from ping issues in ranked, making them much easier to kill, has promoted fast-paced maps and more importantly one shot kill weapons (sniper and railgun mostly), since they are efficient, as you do not have struggles fighting a low ping player (In fact it's so easy to aim at them that you have half the job done). So if you wonder why Stryde-Sniper or Eric Gurt-Railwars1 are dominant in ranked, just read the reason above, I think you'll see it makes perfect sense.

And this is where my rant begins. The ping limit is the perfect example of a broken mechanic, the reason being is that, it is completely messed up. We have only 3 servers! 3 god damn servers that are all located in the North hemisphere! How can you just set a limit of ping when half your community is from the South hemisphere or Asia? Because it's not only the fact that they are just in the North hemisphere, but also that they are all so close together, as we have one in Europe (Ukraine) and two in the United States of America (California and Washington), which does not help the case.

I think this is enough to express my thoughts, I'll finish this rant saying that last but not least, the playerbase can set THEIR OWN ping limits, the command -ping exists! You can preset your ping when making a match!
I voted that the ping limit needs to be changed, but because there is no ''ping limit removal'' option.
Get rid of it, you're just killing map variety and your own playerbase as you don't give them all the tools to design their own goal, and keep in mind not everyone has a supercomputer or fast internet connection, that's the most important thing (Specially considering those that have that connection and computers will most likely buy or install other videogames, so please, don't push away those who play this game by not letting them get an award). It's no surprise the game started its downhill when the update came in.

These are my thoughts.
Mirth
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby tehswordninja » 15 August 2016, 17:00

I'd rather see ping-based match making for ranked.

So if you have around 300 ping, you are automatically matched with users who also have 300 ping.

Removing the ping limit outright would be stupid imo, as people with higher ping could possibly have advantages/disadvantages, and vise versa with a lower ping person.

Ping-based match making makes sure that everyone has an equal playing field: everyone would have the same amount of delay, which would make ranked much more fair, as well as let people with more than 180 ping have a chance at getting kills in ranked.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby ikiler » 15 August 2016, 17:20

This topic wouldn't exist if there were servers in South america and Asia and other continents . Even though high pings give us an advantage , we do not like them because with these pings we can barely keep up and do what low ping players can do all the time , force to play in less crowded servers to be able to even do a selfboost. The community has went downfall since this update only allows players close to the 3 servers to be able to play ranked matches.

ikiler
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby lee06400 » 16 August 2016, 21:42

The owner of the match can set a ping limit and the command -ping works just fine, I do not see why we wouldn't get rid of the 180 limit
lee06400
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Krutz » 16 August 2016, 22:37

players with high pings arent healthy for combat in the (although terribly faulty) competitive scene for pb2

if all players within a match make for a low average ping value, then the combat is much healthier as the inter-client relationships are more tightly bound or "updated"

the fact that a retarded number of game calculations are client-based makes the competitive scene for pb2 in general extremely garbage, factoring in ping or not

even though the higher ping you have, the more unpredictable your movements are (and various other effects), i do think that ping limits should be declared by the players within the match itself instead of having an immobile, universal ping limit (of 180 or whatever it is)

tl;dr: even though having a low ping limit is good for the game since the game is overly client-sided, ping limits should be declared by who is playing in the match

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby ikiler » 25 August 2016, 02:55

Krutz wrote:players with high pings arent healthy for combat in the (although terribly faulty) competitive scene for pb2

if all players within a match make for a low average ping value, then the combat is much healthier as the inter-client relationships are more tightly bound or "updated"

the fact that a retarded number of game calculations are client-based makes the competitive scene for pb2 in general extremely garbage, factoring in ping or not

even though the higher ping you have, the more unpredictable your movements are (and various other effects), i do think that ping limits should be declared by the players within the match itself instead of having an immobile, universal ping limit (of 180 or whatever it is)

tl;dr: even though having a low ping limit is good for the game since the game is overly client-sided, ping limits should be declared by who is playing in the match

True most of what you said is true .

ikiler
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to General Discussion