Maps

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Maps

Postby darkstar 1 » 4 August 2016, 07:47

In case you have pb2 maps:

-What are your 3 most rated maps?
-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the most? (Can be the same maps as in question 1)
-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the least? (Can be the same maps as in question 1)

Other maps:
-Which 3 maps do you like the most?
-Which 3 SP maps do you like the most? (Can be the same as the question above)
-Which 3 maps do you like the least?

Why do I ask this? Because I want to discover new maps :)
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: Maps

Postby The Algerian Commander » 4 August 2016, 13:44

I'll answer in the second one:

The most maps that i like is:

1- aslang-fightforthebase
2- parkour peter-horison
3- silent aurora-rise

The most SP maps that i like:

1- delta501st-kofa02
2- flame34-flamethrower (yeah !)
3- drobek98-triggertesting

The most maps i dislike:

1- max teabag-dronewar
2- avarisx-avarisx-obstacle
3- super kalisto-1superkalisto6 and +.
The Algerian Commander
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Copy_ » 4 August 2016, 15:10

Maps I like the most:

1. nyove-rocket
2. dustin45-swords2
3. either xfrostbytex-matrixsniper or stryde-sniper

Maps I dislike:

1. Base Maps (pretty much every basemap)
2. Role Playing Maps
3. nvove-rocket (why, just why...)
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby tehswordninja » 4 August 2016, 15:49

http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=t ... &id=672541
with 48 votes
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=t ... &id=538081
with 46 votes
and http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=t ... &id=423072
with 40 votes (oddly enough this is technically the second map in the series yet it has more votes than the first level)
-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the most?
My multiplayer realwar map (tehswordninja-realwar_mp), my Traitor series which is more than a few maps yes but still (tehswordninja-sniperguy), and the second (though it says part 1) map in my Escape series (tehswordninja-remake).
-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the least?
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=t ... &id=431478
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=t ... &id=451621
only got two sry
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby guest-electric fish » 4 August 2016, 18:27

well the most rated maps of mine are always the city maps.
i like the city,city2 and city3
i dislike the battle,arena and the gef1

maps which i like are : noune-capital,nyone-rockets and dariy-plane
3 sp maps which i like are : doomwrath-10thmandown,baraka-pb3 and timer15-afj
3 maps which i hate are : the inappropriate maps,the unfinished maps and maps which they have lack of creativity
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Nutkiplit809 » 5 August 2016, 12:19

My 3 maps most rated:
Abandoned Caves- Ep.1: Slipped Down = 51 votes (This map is dead due to inactivity of Ep.2)
Food War: Ep.1- To War! = 8 votes (This map is dead due to inactivity of Ep.2)
Sniper Training = 3 votes (Made Ep.2)

My 3 maps I like most: The 3 maps above

My 3 maps I like least: N/A

Other 3 maps I like most: N/A. Plays PB2 rarely

Other 3 SP maps I like most: N/A. Same reason

Other 3 maps I like least: N/A. Same reason
Nutkiplit809

Postby Mirth » 5 August 2016, 20:44

In case you have pb2 maps:

-What are your 3 most rated maps? In order: Sniper 2, Railwars, Crime
-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the most? (Can be the same maps as in question 1) Fort, which is a remake of Deadlytiger (Sherlyn)'s Fort map. Crime, I loved every single detail I designed in this map,probably one of the maps that gave me the most headaches despite its simplicity. Broken War, inspired by Mono's prison, it is the secon map with the most notebook pages drawn, the first one being a massive project I have not been able to complete (yet) after more than a year.
-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the least? (Can be the same maps as in question 1) Only 3? Oh no no, the rest are all projects I'm not happy with, therefore all of my maps except for the ones mentioned above are maps I like the least, no preferences whatsoever.

Other maps:
-Which 3 maps do you like the most? Silent Phoenix's Unseen Dismay, Reject's Aground, and last, although quite tied with dm0, there's mpc0
-Which 3 SP maps do you like the most? (Can be the same as the question above) dm0 Defence, Winter's Wrath by ProxyAngel and the Story of Defallit by Nei aka Silent Phoenix/Monovalent.
-Which 3 maps do you like the least? I do not have preference, probably those unproperly made by ''supposed'' good map makers.
Mirth

Postby monkeyman2535 » 5 August 2016, 20:59

The Algerian Commander wrote:I'll answer in the second one:

The most maps that i like is:

1- aslang-fightforthebase
2- parkour peter-horison
3- silent aurora-rise

Copy_ wrote:Maps I like the most:

1. nyove-rocket
2. dustin45-swords2
3. either xfrostbytex-matrixsniper or stryde-sniper

Wow, just, really, really original choices. Original thinking like this is why PB2 is as great as it is. Thank you all so much. (/sarcasm, in case it went over your heads. I know you probably won't be coming back to this topic because you've made your posts and now you're never going to look back, but if you do I'd like you both to personally apologize for what you've done.)
tehswordninja wrote:with 48 votes
with 46 votes
with 40 votes

Ha, noob.

-most rated: Salvation (yuck), Alone, part 1-Awakening (yay), and Resurrection (meh).

-Like most: Alone part 11, That Which Stands, Salvation II

-Like least: Salvation (farmer's paradise), The Assault (noob map). All other maps I didn't like, I've deleted.

-3 all-time MP faves (I'll do this instead of all-time because I like SP maps better than MP): X Death-realwar (not original choice but COOP is so much fun), that one zombie escape thing Delta501st made, and that Black Mesa thing by the fnarfnar guy (I forget his name). Two of the best MP maps of all time were Boze-fightforthebase and "usa_marines" by D3V1LDOG (I forget which parts of his name were numbers and which were letters)

-Which 3 SP maps do you like the most? (More than 3). DoomWrath's 10th Man Down, ghostwriter's "Planet Aetna" and "Awakening" series, loads of excellent stuff by a guy called Commander Hammer who has since left PB2, Nei's "story of Defallit" (I forget all the numbers in the username but I can find it and send you his account later if you'd like, but unfortunately many of the maps have become corrupted), and, most of all, the Renown series by FWONK5, probably the greatest, saddest, most fun, most subtly beautiful, and most tragically unfinished SP series ever made.
Stryde-sniper (the worst map ever made), 707-school and all its subsequent ripoffs (I won't say excl or xnx-school because those are actually well made and aesthetically pleasing maps), and my own Salvation, simply because its approval left an indelible scar on this game, and it's also frequently the only map of mine I am recognized for, even though I hate it.
Nutkiplit809 wrote:
My 3 maps I like least: N/A

Other 3 maps I like most: N/A. Plays PB2 rarely

Other 3 SP maps I like most: N/A. Same reason

Other 3 maps I like least: N/A. Same reason

If you haven't even played this game enough to form a critical opinion on half the questions on this topic, why are you here? Making maps of your own and not playing others' is pretty selfish and small-minded behavior. Maybe if you looked at others' work, you'd be able to critically evaluate yours--not having any least favorites among your work suggests you don't really take that much pride in it. If you see what other people do, maybe you'll learn how to be better yourself.
monkeyman2535

Postby Hikarikaze » 5 August 2016, 22:21

The most rated maps that I can remember are Autovaliance and Isolation (not counting the other versions, only the original MP variant). I don't have a 3rd one because I don't remember any other maps I made plus I don't have 3 or more maps published on this account.

-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the most? (Can be the same maps as in question 1)
Autovaliance because it represents how much better I've become as a map developer and Isolation simply because it represents how far I could take the design of the former and make it into what it is now

-Which 3 maps (you made) do you like the least? (Can be the same maps as in question 1)
Same two because while I consider map developing to be an art form (aesthetics > logistics), the reason behind me making those maps are what makes me dislike them.

Other maps:
-Which 3 maps do you like the most?
I never played PB2 a lot due to performance issues but I do remember having interest and some minute amount of fun in Doom's 10th Man Down, the Renown series, and the dm0 defense map that Eric made. There's a few other maps too that I would mention but I like them to a point where mentioning them here wouldn't be enough

-Which 3 SP maps do you like the most? (Can be the same as the question above)
Answered above

I'm going to be broad and answer this with map genres instead (even though there are a few maps in said genres which are good enough to be an exception); for example, I don't like school/base maps, sniper maps, and also saw/trap maps. None of them are interesting and barely appealing
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Dark Reaver » 6 August 2016, 14:16

My 3 favourite SP maps:

1) Commander Hammer-war1
This map was just so well made back then. The combat was challenging and the background was beautiful for a map made in 2012. And it's still better than most of today's SP maps despite being buggy on some levels.

2) Failureguy-virus
This campaign is simply amazing and really makes you feel like being in a zombie apocalypse. Given that, it's one of the only two playable zombie-themed campaigns.

3) DoomWrath-10thmandown
Has one of the best stories in PB2 and is above average in everything else. Plus, it's the second (maybe the first) longest series in PB2 history.

Honourable mentions:

nastypop-mission
An amazing series in terms of combat / gameplay. If you don't care about stories, it's totally worth checking out.

monkeyman2535-insanity
My personal favourite standalone map. I am deeply impressed with this one, despite being very old.

My 3 favourite MP maps:

A) Eric Gurt-high
While it has its own problems, it really shows how an approved map should look like.

B) iJer-pistol_wars
This approved map can be pretty campy indeed (which isn't?), but the fact that you must rely more on positioning than flying alone makes up for that disadvantage and makes it a very good map.

C) Cahir-Area_51
Old-school approved map which is still better designed than most, if not all ''popular" stuff today.

Honourable mentions:

Silent Phoenix-hutch
My favourite multiplayer map by SP and favourite non-approved MP map overall. The combat is extremely good and the design is beautiful. I don't know why it isn't approved. It's so much better than some sniper garbage

Max Teabag-highrise
A nice map to waste your time on, and pretty enjoyable

My 3 least favourite MP maps

I) Stryde-sniper
Some popular garbage which is surpassed by 80% of the current approved maps. And that's me being generous.

II) Nyove-rocket
A map which shouldn't exist. Design is nonexistent and gameplay is dull

III) Parkour Peter-horizon
Nyove-rocket category. At least it has some design.

Honourable mentions:

Eric Gurt-railwars1
An unpopular stryde-sniper dominated by elitist idiots.

xfrostbytex-matrixsniper
A mix of stryde-sniper and nyove-rocket. Two wrongs don't make a right

Well, that's it for me. I've probably missed a few ones but there's a reason why these ones were the easiest to remember
Dark Reaver

Postby Nutkiplit809 » 7 August 2016, 11:13

monkeyman2535 wrote:
If you haven't even played this game enough to form a critical opinion on half the questions on this topic, why are you here? Making maps of your own and not playing others' is pretty selfish and small-minded behavior. Maybe if you looked at others' work, you'd be able to critically evaluate yours--not having any least favorites among your work suggests you don't really take that much pride in it. If you see what other people do, maybe you'll learn how to be better yourself.

It doesnt mean I dont play doesnt mean im jealous at others' map. Well, I am very busy with things IRL. Im not the 'The Guy Who Wants To Be Famous Because Of Maps'. Im just sharing my creativity!
Nutkiplit809

Postby monkeyman2535 » 7 August 2016, 18:52

Dark Reaver wrote:monkeyman2535-insanity
My personal favourite standalone map. I am deeply impressed with this one, despite being very old.

Wow, thank you so much. I didn't think anyone around now would remember that old map. Although looking back the "message" of it seems a tad heavy-handed (I made it in like 9th grade, lol), it's still one of my personal favorites among my own work. I'm also hugely pleased that you know who Commander Hammer was--2013 was such a golden age of mapmaking.

@Nutkiplit
I'm sorry that that last post was kind of mean. I'm not asking you to devote your life to playing maps, just to explore some of the amazing things out there that other people have made. Maybe you'll be inspired.
monkeyman2535

Return to General Discussion