What do you think about the forum ranks?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What do you think about the forum ranks?

Postby sbilko » 31 July 2016, 10:33

There is a new feature implemented in the forums. Everyone has a rank here in the forums. They are based on enemy characters in PB2. Here are all of them:

Civil Security Boss [500]
Phoenix Falkok [450]
Android SLC-56 [400]
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
Civil Security Heavy [300]
Falkok [250]
Android T-01187 [200]
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
Civil Security Lite [100]
Usurpation Soldier [50]
Cyber Grub [25]
Recruit [0]

What do you think about them?

sbilko
Recruit

Re: What do you think about the forum ranks?

Postby Elitech » 31 July 2016, 10:47

Actually, Recruit is from 0 TO 25.

Good work, but we already had a list made by DoomWrath.

There's more.

Forum Veteran [1000]

Forum Legend [1500]

And probably Legendary User [2000] will be added.

Personally think these ranks will be removed.

We'll revert back to the SUPER SUPER UPER UBER UPER forums with cool member and mod/adm ranks :D :D :D

can't wait until pb2.5 #ForEric
Elitech
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Dark Reaver » 31 July 2016, 11:16

I don't like them as there aren't that much people.

I didn't even see anyone with the Usurpation Destroyer or Android SLC-56 ranks.
Dark Reaver

Postby darkstar 1 » 31 July 2016, 11:44

Well, I think people will spam or freepost to get a higher rank :/

Dark Reaver wrote:I didn't even see anyone with the Usurpation Destroyer or Android SLC-56 ranks.

Well, I would have Android SLC-56 rank, but it does not show thanks to my 'official fan artist' tag :p
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Mirth » 31 July 2016, 14:31

Considering how some people post pointless stuff, just to increase that count and their respective rank, I think it's obvious they are pointless, specially for a community where half the people would not handle them responsibly.
Mirth

Postby sbilko » 31 July 2016, 16:46

darkstar 1 wrote:Well, I think people will spam or freepost to get a higher rank :/

Dark Reaver wrote:I didn't even see anyone with the Usurpation Destroyer or Android SLC-56 ranks.

Well, I would have Android SLC-56 rank, but it does not show thanks to my 'official fan artist' tag :p

Yes, the forum ranks encourage the people to post more. However, when they do, they don't write meaningful posts.

How can we encourage people to write more meaningful posts?

sbilko
Recruit

Postby jdc55 » 31 July 2016, 18:50

I think their pretty trash imo.. but thats just me.. :/
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lee06400 » 1 August 2016, 00:09

I don't think it's good because it invites users to prefer quantity over quality, we should have a ranking system based on something else than just post numbers.
lee06400
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 1 August 2016, 00:52

Yeah but based off of quality means we need something like a point/like system which worked miserably last time we did something like that.
wreak

Postby sbilko » 1 August 2016, 19:50

lee06400 wrote:I don't think it's good because it invites users to prefer quantity over quality, we should have a ranking system based on something else than just post numbers.

and

wreak wrote:Yeah but based off of quality means we need something like a point/like system which worked miserably last time we did something like that.

that's the same I said here before your messages:

sbilko wrote:Yes, the forum ranks encourage the people to post more. However, when they do, they don't write meaningful posts.

How can we encourage people to write more meaningful posts?

Got any ideas?

sbilko
Recruit

Postby Terror Only » 1 August 2016, 21:31

jdc55 wrote:I think their pretty trash imo.. but thats just me.. :/

pretty much this. we had much better ranks on that old forum made by tempus
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Krutz » 1 August 2016, 21:32

they encourage people to post on the forum, but whether the post is a contribution or not isnt relevant

so someone can post 500 posts that make 0 sense or are just plain stupid and what a legend he becomes, right?

i say you just delete them; id rather see people saying things that bring shit to the table instead of just repeating other points that people have already made or even just saying empty words that mean nothing

Krutz

Postby sbilko » 4 August 2016, 22:18

Krutz wrote:they encourage people to post on the forum, but whether the post is a contribution or not isnt relevant

so someone can post 500 posts that make 0 sense or are just plain stupid and what a legend he becomes, right?

i say you just delete them; id rather see people saying things that bring shit to the table instead of just repeating other points that people have already made or even just saying empty words that mean nothing

That is right.

But deleting them would bring us to our initial state, altrought being a viable solution.

Any other ideas?

I think it would be nice to be more creative on the ranks. Im confused at some point by them and think they should be so clear that the number doesnt need to be stated.

Id like to see a new thing implemented; a system where you can "like" another persons response, and the count of total likings of your replies is kept at the place of the now forum ranks. This way it will be proven that the posters with the best answers/popularity are the first.

I think there was a similar system in past.

sbilko
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 5 August 2016, 04:58

sbilko wrote:I think it would be nice to be more creative on the ranks. Im confused at some point by them and think they should be so clear that the number doesnt need to be stated.

imo the rank shouldn't have the number displayed and the acquisition method to these ranks shouldn't be as known as it is now. it discourages spamming posts as people won't know if posting is the way or not

as for how to get the ranks, consider it a means for everyone to explore how to get them - fun activity of sorts to stir up a little bit of life in the forums

not a perfect solution but worth a try
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby KARL SERG » 5 August 2016, 06:53

wreak wrote:Yeah but based off of quality means we need something like a point/like system which worked miserably last time we did something like that.

We had it before, but I don't really support this. People know what the value of a post is and that is enough.

I like the current Forum Ranks, but I wouldn't mind if they weren't there either. After all, it's just numbers that determine them.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby ustopable » 5 August 2016, 09:08

Dunno I'm neutral about this it does bring some spammy post
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby guest-electric fish » 5 August 2016, 09:33

my opinion about these ranks dear sbillko is that i am neutral which means that from one point i like them because it is like getting promoted but from other point i hate them due they are not much important
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby sbilko » 5 August 2016, 19:32

guest-electric fish wrote:my opinion about these ranks dear sbillko is that i am neutral which means that from one point i like them because it is like getting promoted but from other point i hate them due they are not much important

That is so interesting. The split decision are the best. ^_^

To solve your doubt I purpose the 'count of likes' system.

sbilko
Recruit

Postby Krutz » 5 August 2016, 20:00

sbilko wrote:That is right.

But deleting them would bring us to our initial state, altrought being a viable solution.

Any other ideas?

I think it would be nice to be more creative on the ranks. Im confused at some point by them and think they should be so clear that the number doesnt need to be stated.

Id like to see a new thing implemented; a system where you can "like" another persons response, and the count of total likings of your replies is kept at the place of the now forum ranks. This way it will be proven that the posters with the best answers/popularity are the first.

I think there was a similar system in past.

you say that there needs to be "another solution" but i dont see much of a problem in the first place anywhere

this topic asked people what they thought about the forum ranks, not to think about fixing a nonexistent problem

Krutz

Postby wreak » 6 August 2016, 19:09

I don't think it needs to be changed anyways. Besides no one sees a person's profile and say "oh shet look at his rank m8, he must be a very valuable player here." This fan base centers more on quality than on quantity. Just look at some of the people said already:

Krutz wrote:they encourage people to post on the forum, but whether the post is a contribution or not isn't relevant

lee06400 wrote:I don't think it's good because it invites users to prefer quantity over quality, we should have a ranking system based on something else than just post numbers.

sibilko wrote:Yes, the forum ranks encourage the people to post more. However, when they do, they don't write meaningful posts.

Mirth wrote:Considering how some people post pointless stuff, just to increase that count and their respective rank, I think it's obvious they are pointless, specially for a community where half the people would not handle them responsibly.
wreak

Return to General Discussion