Increasing no of DDoS(s)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Increasing no of DDoS(s)

Postby Protonoid » 29 July 2016, 09:37

As you all might know, The site is experiencing many DDoS since the past year due to increasing number of hackers over here. I think Eric is still finding something to resist them.

The last one happened yesterday, when I was making a map, It destroyed all my progress into it .. I talked to Eric and its what he says. Don't think the site needs preventing measures of that to stop troubles coming with players?

Give your measures guys.
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Increasing no of DDoS(s)

Postby Incompetence » 29 July 2016, 10:20

ddos attacks are only on the rise because those behind them exploit the fact that there's little security on the servers, making them an easy target

only ways you can reduce those are the following:

Spoiler: Show More
- application front end hardware: scans TCP data packets and categorizes them; intelligent and selective

- application level key completion indicators: tracks progress of data through "indicators" and attempts to label a bulk of traffic data as legitimate or illegitimate by relying on an identified path of value to do so

- blackholing: TCP data packets are sent to a non-existent server, therefore affecting nothing

- intrusion protection systems: only effective if the attacks/packets in question have signatures associated with them; it's a bit easy to get around since a common trend in ddos attacks is to have legitimate content yet disguise the intent behind it, making content recognition systems unable to stop behavior-based attacks (the system recognizes the legit content therefore assumes it is with good intent). an application-specific integrated circuit might help because it has the processing power to do so, can analyze attacks, and function as a circuit

- dos defense system: blocks connection based ddos attacks and solves the problem with behavior based attacks + content recognition (best solution imo but gl with integration lmao)

- upstream filtering: blocks out the bad TCP packets from the good; its partially selective but requires extensive resources such as proxies or tunnels
Incompetence

Postby Protonoid » 29 July 2016, 17:01

Incompetence wrote:ddos attacks are only on the rise because those behind them exploit the fact that there's little security on the servers, making them an easy target

- application front end hardware: scans TCP data packets and categorizes them; intelligent and selective

- application level key completion indicators: tracks progress of data through "indicators" and attempts to label a bulk of traffic data as legitimate or illegitimate by relying on an identified path of value to do so

- blackholing: TCP data packets are sent to a non-existent server, therefore affecting nothing

- intrusion protection systems: only effective if the attacks/packets in question have signatures associated with them; it's a bit easy to get around since a common trend in ddos attacks is to have legitimate content yet disguise the intent behind it, making content recognition systems unable to stop behavior-based attacks (the system recognizes the legit content therefore assumes it is with good intent). an application-specific integrated circuit might help because it has the processing power to do so, can analyze attacks, and function as a circuit

- dos defense system: blocks connection based ddos attacks and solves the problem with behavior based attacks + content recognition (best solution imo but gl with integration lmao)

- upstream filtering: blocks out the bad TCP packets from the good; its partially selective but requires extensive resources such as proxies or tunnels

I talked back to Eric on what he could do to resist them, http://prntscr.com/bz4d1a
The most common way is to spam packets on server to overload. It must be tackled in order to prevent most of the attacks
Protonoid

Postby Incompetence » 30 July 2016, 09:54

Protonoid wrote:
Incompetence wrote:ddos attacks are only on the rise because those behind them exploit the fact that there's little security on the servers, making them an easy target

I talked back to Eric on what he could do to resist them, http://prntscr.com/bz4d1a
The most common way is to spam packets on server to overload. It must be tackled in order to prevent most of the attacks

yes, ddosing is generally done by sending bulks of TCP data packets. i already established that and already noted how that can be exploited to work around basic defenses. did you even read what i posted?

the prob is that eric has no control over the server which that screenshot further reinforces. countermeasures are in coolbuddy's hands and i doubt they'll easily be able to set up even the most basic of countermeasures, considering they never could or did in the past few years
Incompetence

Postby Protonoid » 30 July 2016, 10:24

Yeah I read that. Purpose of my post was to share the screenshot and give a little information.
Eric is totally dependent on Coolbuddy for the measures, A basic countermeasure, ofcourse, can easily be set but It'd not work for long. So he/they might be looking for any other countermeasures.
Protonoid

Postby Incompetence » 30 July 2016, 10:41

Protonoid wrote:Yeah I read that. Purpose of my post was to share the screenshot and give a little information.
Eric is totally dependent on Coolbuddy for the measures, A basic countermeasure, ofcourse, can easily be set but It'd not work for long. So he/they might be looking for any other countermeasures.

a basic dds should be fairly simple to implement and fairly efficient in its task at hand

coolbuddy is nearly dead and the fact they resorted to using cheap servers implies they're not able to afford stronger servers or even basic security

i have direct contact with the server provider anyways and might contact them in the future
Incompetence

Postby Protonoid » 31 July 2016, 16:32

Another one today.. Wow 2 DDoS in single week.
http://prntscr.com/bzubhs
This is going over the limit.
Protonoid

Postby Fixer21 » 31 July 2016, 18:26

Not only limit... it has happened 5 times in a day now, now it's tragedy...
But I got a solution for this.
I saw this website: https://stormwall.pro/en/services/antiddos_hosting.php
If we collect 50 cents from each other, we might get this happen.
Otherwise if this continues, PB community will be not ''dead'', but gone.

This has come very critical, little support will be very acceptable.
Fixer21
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Elitech » 1 August 2016, 10:36

I'd like a tcp packet scanner.
That'd stop game server crashes and stuff.
Elitech
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Protonoid » 3 August 2016, 13:44

I think we are protected against those DDoSes now. No need of this topic over here.
Topic Locked
Protonoid

Return to General Discussion