The ultimate solution to the guest presence.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

The ultimate solution to the guest presence.

Postby Dark Reaver » 23 July 2016, 16:38

Or 5 ways to ruin a player's experience who doesn't bother creating an account.

1) If a guest is in a game which is full and a player with a registered account would like to join, then the guest will automatically be kicked out, replaced by the player. More than one guest in a game? Then one of them will be kicked randomly

2) Removing their basic right, like writing, spectating and so on.

3) Creating a GUESTS NOT ALLOWED option at creating a match which prevents guests from joining certain games if the matchmaker enables it. Simple.

4) Make them unable to join Custom Games. If they can't talk, why would they be there? Those are reserved for Polish people anyways.

5) Make them unable to play without ADs. Just for pure annoyance.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: The ultimate solution to the guest presence.

Postby KARL SERG » 23 July 2016, 16:52

1. I like this. It would really determine the People to make an Account, plus it would rid the Map of annoying Guests (although some of them are nice).

2. No. While they might abuse that, their Actions may be of critical importance in certain Matches (COOP and a few others).

3. I like this as well. It's less discrete than the first one, so they will know in beforehand what has happened.

4. See 2nd point.

5. Nah, what is enough is enough.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby iPegaZus » 23 July 2016, 17:00

I like the ideas. 11/10 IGN
iPegaZus

Postby Mirth » 23 July 2016, 17:36

Dark Reaver wrote:Or 5 ways to ruin a player's experience who doesn't bother creating an account.

1) If a guest is in a game which is full and a player with a registered account would like to join, then the guest will automatically be kicked out, replaced by the player. More than one guest in a game? Then one of them will be kicked randomly. Got to agree with this one, they are not registered users after all.

2) Removing their basic right, like writing, spectating and so on. The spectating option should be fine, I would be more concerned about kicking, setting ping limits, etc. And probably instead of just removing writing option, setting a DELAY between their messages (say 10 to 30 seconds delay per message).

3) Creating a GUESTS NOT ALLOWED option at creating a match which prevents guests from joining certain games if the matchmaker enables it. Simple. I shall disagree with this one, instead just let them join BUT they do not need a high amount of exclusion votes as normal players (say 1 or 2 votes in a full, 8-player match.

4) Make them unable to join Custom Games. If they can't talk, why would they be there? Those are reserved for Polish people anyways. Not getting this point, but if I do I have to disagree with it, they should be allowed to see custom maps as well, not just approved ones, since that could give a wrong idea about maps overall.

5) Make them unable to play without ADs. Just for pure annoyance. Pointless idea, we all have to deal with ADs to a certain extent.
Mirth

Postby tehswordninja » 23 July 2016, 17:52

I agree with removing rights and stuff for PB2, but for PB2.5, guests should either not return at all or they should be replaced with a trial period, where you can play as a guest for a little before being forced to make an account.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby wreak » 25 July 2016, 20:07

I think it should just stay as it is. You can kick a guest without them kicking you anyways.
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby The Algerian Commander » 25 July 2016, 21:11

All of the five choises are injust and judge. I don't agree with you but in 3rd choise.
The Algerian Commander
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 26 July 2016, 16:05

Same with Algerian, it's just unjust to guests when they already have limited rights anyways.
wreak

Postby tehswordninja » 26 July 2016, 16:42

wreak wrote:Same with Algerian, it's just unjust to guests when they already have limited rights anyways.

where are you pulling this 'injustice' from?
You can currently go on a guest account, use speed hacks, and get away with no issues. That's how bad the guest system is and is why it needs changes/removal.
There's no injustice to players who haven't even bothered to make an account which literally takes a minute
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Fixer21 » 26 July 2016, 16:54

Tehswordninja, he likes to be as a guest and troll people... it's pretty obvious - who protects guests are the same trolls, hiding behind annoynomous accounts.
Fixer21
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 26 July 2016, 16:58

The Algerian Commander wrote:All of the five choises are injust and judge. I don't agree with you but in 3rd choise.

Sometimes it's better to judge than not to do so.

Guests have reasons to be judged.
KARL SERG

Postby Kostadin 8 » 26 July 2016, 19:28

everyone was a guest before they created an account.
we should let guests have the features they have now, no more.
enough of threating guests, you arent cyberbullies.
Kostadin 8

Postby wreak » 26 July 2016, 20:33

Fixer21 wrote:Tehswordninja, he likes to be as a guest and troll people... it's pretty obvious - who protects guests are the same trolls, hiding behind annoynomous accounts.

Dang, I got exposed so bad m8.
wreak

Postby ustopable » 27 July 2016, 13:21

The worst thing to see is 5 since ad is the source of money for some free game developer like Chaos Faction, keeps site running and keeps the game from having a different economy build.

ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby spartan010 » 10 August 2016, 12:50

Kostadin 8 wrote:everyone was a guest before they created an account.
we should let guests have the features they have now, no more.
enough of threating guests, you arent cyberbullies.

But I never use guest lol

spartan010
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby noune » 10 August 2016, 13:48

I cant believe someone hasnt pointed out his sarcasm...
Dark Reaver wrote:Or 5 ways to ruin a player's experience who doesn't bother creating an account.

1) If a guest is in a game which is full and a player with a registered account would like to join, then the guest will automatically be kicked out, replaced by the player. More than one guest in a game? Then one of them will be kicked randomly

2) Removing their basic right, like writing, spectating and so on.

3) Creating a GUESTS NOT ALLOWED option at creating a match which prevents guests from joining certain games if the matchmaker enables it. Simple.

4) Make them unable to join Custom Games. If they can't talk, why would they be there? Those are reserved for Polish people anyways.

5) Make them unable to play without ADs. Just for pure annoyance.

So this is my argument if it isn't sarcasm:

1) No because kicking guests randomly is like those players who kick other players out of spite... great for trolling...

2) Removing their basic right maybe... if they gain it back over time...

3) Possibly, as long as they don't use it all the time, only when with friends or clan tournaments/events

4) ETHNIC CRITICISM!!! Lots of people play pb2, not just polish...

5) No... just no...

Also @Tehswordninja

Some people don't know English... yet play the game anyway... so its kinda hard for someone to fill out the registration form... if they don't know English...
noune

Postby Kazy » 10 August 2016, 14:28

If a guest is in a game which is full and a player with a registered account would like to join, then the guest will automatically be kicked out, replaced by the player. More than one guest in a game? Then one of them will be kicked randomly

I'd introduce a "ranklist" feature which already exists in sevaral other games and would be based on that.

Removing their basic right, like writing, spectating and so on.

Agreed, most of these features are mostly being used by Guests for rulebreaking in general. Removing User's rights prevents such actions.

Creating a GUESTS NOT ALLOWED option at creating a match which prevents guests from joining certain games if the matchmaker enables it. Simple.

Sounds quite handy, if majority of the users want such a feature.

Make them unable to join Custom Games.

No. It doesn't matter if they can talk or not, there are a plenty of maps where you don't even need to talk. Then again, what kind of explanation is that? "Because they can't talk". You're basically just trying to get rid of half of the active community and simply want them to access approved matches only, most likely because you want to farm kills/deaths. Correct me if i am wrong.

Make them unable to play without ADs. Just for pure annoyance.

What exactly do you mean with "AD"s?
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Postby Mirth » 10 August 2016, 15:48

Kazy wrote:

Easy, those ADs some users get when they enter the game, which, if you use headphones, are a pain and probably a good jumpscare if you are not concentrated.
I'll just point out that's pointless, and yeah, it sounds like you just want to get rid of half the active community.
Mirth

Postby Kazy » 10 August 2016, 17:21

Mirth wrote:
Kazy wrote:

Easy, those ADs some users get when they enter the game, which, if you use headphones, are a pain and probably a good jumpscare if you are not concentrated.
I'll just point out that's pointless, and yeah, it sounds like you just want to get rid of half the active community.

Aah advertisements. Thought "ADs" where something completly else i didn't know about this game yet.
Anyways, never being bothered by advertisements since i AdBlock+ is a thing. ;)
Not sure why some people don't use that.. either cause of unsuspectingness or just laziness.
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Postby Mirth » 10 August 2016, 17:37

Kazy wrote:Aah advertisements. Thought "ADs" where something completly else i didn't know about this game yet.
Anyways, never being bothered by advertisements since i AdBlock+ is a thing. ;)
Not sure why some people don't use that.. either cause of unsuspectingness or just laziness.

Probably both. Although they could simply use the SWF version + Maxthon and guess what -> Solved forever.
Mirth

Next

Return to General Discussion