How Different Should PB2.5 Be?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

There should be massive changes and tons of new things
29%
It should stick to the roots of PB2 and stay similar
14%
Mix of both
57%

Total votes : 35

Postby mingo1 » 24 May 2016, 01:18

How different should PB2.5 be in relation to PB2?

Are you accustomed to change and want this series to try new things?

OR

Do you sorta just want a better version of PB2 but nothing really too different?

OR

A mix of both?
(Explain.)

Let me know which option you prefer!

;)
mingo1
Administrator

Re: How Different Should PB2.5 Be?

Postby JDC5 » 24 May 2016, 01:25

In my opinion, I dont think eric should go all out with PB2.5. Because its only pb2 with lots morr features. If he emplants things to the max on pb2.5, then there we will less features to add in PB3. It will just look the same as the last game. And I know we dont want that. I think he should just finish up the last peices he has now, and save the rest idea for PB3, unless he decides to make PB3 and PB2.5 seperate. So i'd say a mix of both.

JDC5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby prophunt » 24 May 2016, 02:08

pb2 is already a good game but it needs updates, from the looks of it pb2.5 is a different game. I just hope they fix the rejoining bug and add game timers/counters. Like co-op, DM could run on a timer and maybe even a last man standing mode.

prophunt
Recruit

Postby Dark Reaver » 24 May 2016, 15:04

2.5 should be radically different while keeping its central theme.

A 'minor change' won't bring back the community / make the game popular again - and wouldn't that be the main goal?
And as the name implies, PB2.5 will bridge the gap between this game and PB3.

It's called 2.5 and not 2.2 for a reason.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby KARL SERG » 24 May 2016, 15:54

There are so many other separate Shooter, Platformer and Physics games out there from which PB2,5 would benefit and Eric gurt could get inspiration, it would be a pity not to add some of them if he thinks they should be added.

Of course, PB2 is in itself a great, unique Game unlike any other (it's the only Physics Shooter Platformer Flash Game with Multiplayer and Advanced Physics I am aware of), but it could be even more so if certain things would be included.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby tehswordninja » 24 May 2016, 21:13

If it stayed the same, what would be the point? I don't want the game to be completely different but I definitely want to see a lot more features
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby mingo1 » 25 May 2016, 01:11

tehswordninja wrote:If it stayed the same, what would be the point? I don't want the game to be completely different but I definitely want to see a lot more features

Exactly.

And this is a FIVE YEAR old game!

I'd like a ton of new stuff for its sequel.
:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Neutral » 30 May 2016, 12:34

I want PB2.5's formula to remain the same as PB2 with minor improvements and I want to see new Multiplayer gamemodes.
Neutral
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby commando 54 » 1 June 2016, 04:00

I'm honestly tired of all these new sequels not sticking to their source material and I believe this is true for PB2 and it's very platform based skill fighting and I believe to many new things like jet packs and new weapons might disrupt this and for the past like 5 years we have had the same weapons ( for the most part ) and now everyone knows how they work and how to counter them, I don't want to see this balance disrupted.
commando 54
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby tehswordninja » 1 June 2016, 12:16

commando 54 wrote:I'm honestly tired of all these new sequels not sticking to their source material and I believe this is true for PB2 and it's very platform based skill fighting and I believe to many new things like jet packs and new weapons might disrupt this and for the past like 5 years we have had the same weapons ( for the most part ) and now everyone knows how they work and how to counter them, I don't want to see this balance disrupted.

I really don't want to see the same thing for 5 years honestly. It just gets old, change is needed
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby commando 54 » 1 June 2016, 21:57

tehswordninja wrote:
commando 54 wrote:I'm honestly tired of all these new sequels not sticking to their source material and I believe this is true for PB2 and it's very platform based skill fighting and I believe to many new things like jet packs and new weapons might disrupt this and for the past like 5 years we have had the same weapons ( for the most part ) and now everyone knows how they work and how to counter them, I don't want to see this balance disrupted.

I really don't want to see the same thing for 5 years honestly. It just gets old, change is needed

I can see where your coming from I just don't want to see to many new things that are game changing like a jetpack or a gun that shoots through all wall type, I do agree new stuff should be added, but to a certain degree.
commando 54
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Neutral » 3 June 2016, 12:29

tehswordninja wrote:I really don't want to see the same thing for 5 years honestly. It just gets old, change is needed

I'm 100% fine to try different things but it has to make sense. I'm not saying PB2.5 can't take little things from Raze or Strike Force Heroes for example, but that would completely change the pace and the gameplay style of PB2.5.
Neutral
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Crystal Gemstone » 3 June 2016, 14:26

[[/quote]Plazma Burst 2 is a great game on it's own but it needs updates."I'm 100% fine to try different things but it has to make sense"(how do u do the this guy wrote thing)the quotation is from Neutral.Anyways, pb2.5 would be a better game if it is roughly the same but a few different tweaks.

Crystal Gemstone
Recruit

Return to General Discussion