Clan Ranking Systems and Government Hierarchy

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Clan Ranking Systems and Government Hierarchy

Postby noune » 18 May 2016, 00:29

From private to general, ranks make up the very essence of some clans... and provide a sense of order to the clan

However some ranks can provide issues such as a two guys being in a clan, one for 5 months and one for 2 years...

Both have the rank of captain...

Leaders can lose track of other members thus leading this to happen...
Or they just have a grudge on the member, which they cant let slide...

However thier is also the ups and downs of having few ranks like [BoZ] Which both gives a sense of order...

But you can't tell whose been their longer... which isn't as much as a issue...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PB2 Clan govs are categorized into 4 sections:

Dictatorship
    A council like government
    A democracy of all members (Very few)
    And the one i'm thinking of making: The Watcher Plan (Anyone who wants to know about it PM me)

Most clans use the upper two...

But they have pros and cons as the others

Do you think ranks or no ranks are good for a clan?

Which kind on clan gov do you support?

Please leave your opinions below...

(NOTE: This is a survey to see what the community prefers... Any questions PM me!)
noune
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Clan Ranking Systems and Government Hierarchy

Postby wreak » 18 May 2016, 01:26

Ranks are good, it's just that most clans don't have their members documented and archived. The reason why it's mainly the top two is it's probably because the clan leaders can't control their members as much as government works in real life. Also, governing a clan and documenting clan members isn't really the first thing you need to do until a clan gets bigger to the point where the leaders can't remember all their members.
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby ustopable » 18 May 2016, 03:54

Actually ranks are good it makes some player work hard for that rank. Its a sign of achievement, dedication, Loyalty and Skills depending if the clan leader actually wants it. The problem is Clan Leaders can't keep track of their members making it show that there are also problems in the ranking system.

No ranks means making your clan look like a friend clan just to have fun and enjoy. No need for such ranks if all you want to do is to have a clan to hang out and enjoy
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Kazy » 18 May 2016, 19:26

Since i have been asked for my opinion about this,
i honestly wouldn't even compare a clan with a government and it's procedures/systems.

For clans in general you basically just need:
The page/clanpage/website (does not matter if thus is being provided by the game or anything third party) and maybe a chatroom as well as a few trusted people who keep everything organised in that chat. Then again it depends on how the community of the certain game is.
Oh, and a plenty of people who are actually better than 70% of the usual (casual/noob/whatever) players of the game.
To keep everything organised, you just drop all members into squads with people of the clan they actually like to play with.

Cause why do you need a council to decide which clan you are going to fight/war with?
Leaders should be responsible enough to take such decisions and even if you think you don't like taken decisions, just look for another clan/group.
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Return to General Discussion