Which is more popular?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Which is more popular?

Postby dagamepro » 16 May 2016, 05:27

Which is more popular: multiplayer maps or single player maps? :D

dagamepro

Re: Which is more popular?

Postby ustopable » 16 May 2016, 05:40

Depends on the player
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby mingo1 » 16 May 2016, 05:40

I can't really say anything in terms of numbers, that's all on Mr. Gurt.

However, Gurt has openly said that MOST players (by a lot) only play Singleplayer.
There's a high chance that SP maps are more popular than MP maps.

Think of it this way - SP maps are more POPULAR, but MP maps are PLAYED MORE.

Massive difference.
;)

that's my take on things.
Does anyone have any hard facts and numbers?

ustopable wrote:Depends on the player

Actually, nope, whether something is more popular or not is fact not opinion. It's like saying, who's more popular, me or Justin Bieber?
DEFINITELY Justin Bieber... you can't have an opinion, it is a fact that he has more fans than me.

lol
mingo1
Administrator

Postby ustopable » 16 May 2016, 06:24

mingo1 wrote:
ustopable wrote:Depends on the player

Actually, nope, whether something is more popular or not is fact not opinion. It's like saying, who's more popular, me or Justin Bieber?
DEFINITELY Justin Bieber... you can't have an opinion, it is a fact that he has more fans than me.

lol

A single player could change what would happen to a map. If a player made a Positive Review about it there is a large posibility that when another players reads his review then he would try it and if it satisfies him then another positive review and in rare instances they would share it to their friends for them to also try it. Once a map is played and enjoyed by many then its popular.

As long as a group of players likes it and being played everyday with enjoyment then its popular.

If a large portion of players is playing single player maps then because there is a constant single player map being released providing the needs of the player, New map and maps that is rated positively or their ping is high that the only multiplayer map they can play are MP Custom Maps. If there is a sudden shortage of player playing single player maps then we could say that there are players which is in the Multiplayer Maps, There are no maps to be played in single player or some players is playing another game. The problem is we couldn't even tell if there a large portion of players playing in Single Player Maps or If there is a large portion of players playing Multiplayer Maps. Some players play only single players and some players only play multiplayer plus if they really enjoy it then additional points for popularity

One question If a player tried a Multiplayer Map in a single player mode is it considered in what Eric Gurt said? Testing your map created using Level Developer is it considered in what Eric Gurt said?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Return to General Discussion