Raffine-Urbanwar Reapprovement

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Raffine-Urbanwar Reapprovement

Postby Mirth » 12 May 2016, 00:06

Kenta Miyake wrote:@Mirth Would changing the weapon from assault rifle to like a raygun or sniper change anything? Also me getting 100 kills in 5 minutes in ijer-sector still doesn't show its a farming map?

That is based on your own skill, you are bringing another map which is irrelevant to this topic.
Changing the weapons might work, but that would simply destroy the logic of such a map. It is a good map to play, but not a map that deserves approval for the reasons I posted above, please, bother to read and do not go off-topic. This is not about Ijer's sector, this is about whether raffine's urbanwar should be approved or not.
Mirth
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Kenta Miyake » 12 May 2016, 00:12

@Mirth Well that picture proved me and everybody who wanted the map to be reapproved..So I guess its GGs :c

Kenta Miyake
Recruit

Postby Mirth » 12 May 2016, 00:22

Kenta Miyake wrote:@Mirth Well that picture proved me and everybody who wanted the map to be reapproved..So I guess its GGs :c

I think you got the point wrong from the screenshot, let me rephrase it. In the first screenshot I am showing the possibilities the campers have to shoot, not the ones the players can have to fight back.
Mirth

Postby pixelbyte » 12 May 2016, 01:18

White Rock Shooter pls your kill farming has ended long ago

Only Eric Can Reapprove the map, Ask him to reapprove it.

Heres a vid of you Farming me in the map, I can see how badly you miss these memories, no?

pixelbyte

Postby ustopable » 12 May 2016, 03:36

Watching Pixelbyte Video and Mirth Photo of the Map I could perfectly see how the high Elevation became an advantage while you could just shootdown those who would try to climb the building.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Duo maxwell » 12 May 2016, 04:07

You have to chance it all before you say
Duo maxwell
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 12 May 2016, 17:48

Duo maxwell wrote:You have to chance it all before you say

At first, when it got approved users abused the maps design and used it to their advantage to "farm" KDR and PPP. So Eric gave it another chance, edited the map to try stop that but it didn't work out since nothing changed, users were still about to "farm" KDR and PPP.

As you can see, first one is the original map, second one was the edit. The second one didn't go well so Eric decided to just unapproved it.

----

@Everyone, don't free post or go offtopic, stick to the topic. (Deleted all off-topic/freeposts)
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Krutz » 12 May 2016, 19:26

considering the average quality of all approved maps we currently have (which is extremely, extremely poor), urbanwar, in comparison, is most definitely fit for approval

not considering the average quality of all approved maps we currently have, urbanwar in my opinion is unbalanced (especially in the deathmatches) and should thus stay unapproved

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Sniper J » 12 May 2016, 19:46

The map was fun when people didn't camp up top to farm kills/pp. Pixel's video is a perfect example of why not to re-approve that map. The map is strategically indeterminate, especially for new players, who lack the skill set to actually kill the camper up top. Even for skilled players, if someone is up there, camping and spamming in all directions, then it's not exactly a "walk in the park" to actually kill him.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby wreak » 13 May 2016, 01:48

I wouldn't reapprove the map since so many people are in disfavor of it (I don't think I tried it out on multiplayer and if I did it was a long time ago). I don't think it really is approvable since the design is kinda outdated and the bad mixture of tactical to straightforward from just looking at the map alone.
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby 49er » 15 May 2016, 01:41

I like the style of the map, I find it unique. That map was great for coop, just not so good for TDM and DM. The addition of more passageways could solve the camper issue. Given the unique style of the map I think it should be edited and re-approved, it would be worth it.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Miracle- » 23 May 2016, 14:16

plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=miracle--urbanwar&id=741190
Oh okay grab this and edit to a good way of non-camp styled map, for the world, meh, c'mon, who wants to be a hero that reapproved urbanwar. Here's your chance tho, kek.

Miracle-

Postby Mirth » 23 May 2016, 14:20

I will simply quote Krutz.
Krutz wrote:considering the average quality of all approved maps we currently have (which is extremely, extremely poor), urbanwar, in comparison, is most definitely fit for approval

not considering the average quality of all approved maps we currently have, urbanwar in my opinion is unbalanced (especially in the deathmatches) and should thus stay unapproved

The map itself is not suited for approval, I think people gave more than enough reasons.
These are my last words on this matter, if you guys cannot play other maps it is not our problem, but at least some of us want to see well made maps approved, not maps that allow people boost their ranks under their lifeless amount of hours playing for player points in this game. That being said, have a nice day.
Mirth

Previous

Return to General Discussion