Sniper rifles should be "long range"

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Sniper rifles should be "long range"

Postby wreak » 20 April 2016, 21:58

tehswordninja wrote:I'm not sure why you're against such a simple thing.

The whole turning bullets life to max for a few seconds could really mess up battles, just keep spamming your shotgun at a sniper till he fires, then watch your shotgun hit him

EDIT: Also, this would be a pain if it was on something such as x death real war

The mechanism is new and no one knows it besides the few people here. Also it's far less the a few seconds, try 30 milliseconds at best and shotguns fire at a much slower then a second. Topping it off, shotguns are really inaccurate on just 30 bullet life let alone 90.
I might be wrong on this but just a simple fix can take a while for one person to do. I rather let eric just focus this idea on 2.5 rather than here and now.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby tehswordninja » 7 May 2016, 15:23

Well Eric said the sniper rifle is going to have a bigger range so I guess you guys got what you wanted
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby wreak » 7 May 2016, 19:51

tehswordninja wrote:Well Eric said the sniper rifle is going to have a bigger range so I guess you guys got what you wanted

welp, the only time I was against something is when it gets added to the game.

P.S: is it going to be in 2.5 or regular?
wreak

Postby tehswordninja » 7 May 2016, 20:50

wreak wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:Well Eric said the sniper rifle is going to have a bigger range so I guess you guys got what you wanted

welp, the only time I was against something is when it gets added to the game.

P.S: is it going to be in 2.5 or regular?

PB2.5

Also I'm pretty sure we'll be able to edit gun ranges so that shouldn't be an issue
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Kman910 » 8 May 2016, 03:45

I dont know..But I think cause the sniper is already overpowered.
Kman910
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby 49er » 9 May 2016, 17:08

tehswordninja wrote:Pretty positive this changes the range for all guns, not just one gun.

With some trigger work you can actually make it so that each gun has a unique range, but it's tedious to set it up that way.

And yeah the sniper should have a longer default range. Right now it doesn't have enough of an advantage over other weapons, in fact it's under-powered. The damage/reload time is fairly low compared to other guns.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 9 May 2016, 21:17

49er wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:Pretty positive this changes the range for all guns, not just one gun.

With some trigger work you can actually make it so that each gun has a unique range, but it's tedious to set it up that way.

And yeah the sniper should have a longer default range. Right now it doesn't have enough of an advantage over other weapons, in fact it's under-powered. The damage/reload time is fairly low compared to other guns.

If you saw my post you'll know it's getting buffed in PB2.5, so that's nice
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Eazy_E » 13 May 2016, 09:30

bruh, i dont even read the replies but, the dps should only be increased. not the range or whatever you talkin' bout
Eazy_E
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 13 May 2016, 22:22

Eazy_E wrote:bruh, i dont even read the replies but, the dps should only be increased. not the range or whatever you talkin' bout

Explain buffing dps. This gun doesn't even work like that, its a single shot damage type weapon, not a smg

Perhaps you should read the replies.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Hikarikaze » 13 May 2016, 22:27

tehswordninja wrote:
Eazy_E wrote:bruh, i dont even read the replies but, the dps should only be increased. not the range or whatever you talkin' bout

Explain buffing dps. This gun doesn't even work like that, its a single shot damage type weapon, not a smg

DPS applies just as much to sniper rifles than a typical SMG.

He suggests that instead of increasing range, just make the sniper deal more damage per shot. That'd just make it more on par with the Heavy Railgun and less unique.

Perhaps you should read what DPS is.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wreak » 13 May 2016, 23:48

tehswordninja wrote:

DPS simply just means "damage per second." It isn't strictly towards automatic weapons/high rate of fire.
wreak

Postby tehswordninja » 14 May 2016, 02:32

Hikarikaze wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:

He suggests that instead of increasing range, just make the sniper deal more damage per shot. That'd just make it more on par with the Heavy Railgun and less unique.

I understand, but generally I see DPS applying to more automatic guns, as the sniper rifle will really only have a set damage per second/shot.

(example, basic rifle does 100 dps, fires 20 shots per second, the dps can easily be changed, whereas with the sniper rifle all you are doing is changing the damage per shot and not really the dps)

I agree with not buffing the damage, buffing the range makes it obviously more unique
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Eazy_E » 14 May 2016, 03:21

Hikarikaze wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:

the sniper reloads for ages but cant even kill someone in one shot. and railgun?

its either you make the reload time faster or make the dps higher
Eazy_E
Recruit

Postby ustopable » 14 May 2016, 03:31

Sniper Yipee Kiyay is already fine as it is no need to buff his reload time or its damage.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby tehswordninja » 14 May 2016, 03:56

Buffing range means you can deal damage at a farther range which means the reload would be justified

personally I think it could be lowered but not too much
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Eazy_E » 14 May 2016, 10:12

yeah its all clear but it would be better if the reload time is lowered down a little
its all cool still
Eazy_E
Recruit

Postby ustopable » 14 May 2016, 11:34

If you will make Sniper Yippee Kiyay reload speed faster then it will force Lite Railgun and Heavy Railgun damage to become higher and make it more accurate
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby 49er » 15 May 2016, 01:49

There should be a "change gun A max bullet life to B" trigger so we can change a gun's range without more complicated trigger work. And of course the sniper should have a higher default max bullet life.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Duo maxwell » 15 May 2016, 03:06

Its true all because the sniper rifle and lite railgun are fast reload because they are long range to shoot above
Duo maxwell
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 15 May 2016, 06:16

The sniper has the ability to legit offscreen aim, this was unheard of back in the day. The only reason why the sniper appears to do low damage is because the majority of the maps you probably play have campaign HP which can take like a hundred bullets and still run away.
wreak

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion