Sniper rifles should be "long range"

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Sniper rifles should be "long range"

Postby IcYiGodZ » 16 April 2016, 17:11

Is it wierd for a sniper rifle to have shoot bullets the same distance as assault weapons, but have faster bullet speed? Are snipers supposed to have double the range of assault weapons? I wish we can have that..

Add me on twitter! http://twitter.com/IcYGodZ?lang=en
IcYiGodZ
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Sniper rifles should be "long range"

Postby darkstar 1 » 16 April 2016, 17:41

There are triggers to change the max bullet life of a gun.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby IcYiGodZ » 16 April 2016, 18:37

darkstar 1 wrote:There are triggers to change the max bullet life of a gun.

yeah..but for approved maps they dont work..

Add me on twitter! http://twitter.com/IcYGodZ?lang=en
IcYiGodZ
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby tehswordninja » 16 April 2016, 19:46

darkstar 1 wrote:There are triggers to change the max bullet life of a gun.

Pretty positive this changes the range for all guns, not just one gun.

Also, I hope the sniper rifle gets a range buff. It really doesn't make sense considering the CS-RC has the same range as it.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby maxim12 » 16 April 2016, 19:57

Sniper rifle needs complete overhaul.

It should act like a actual sniper and not an "OMGZ QUICKSCOPE MLG PRO!!!! OH OHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!11oneone!!!!!!!!11!!!eleven!!1!" like now, maybe not for PB2 (Because of those stryde-sniper maps...) but for PB2.5 definitely needs and overhaul.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Dark Reaver » 16 April 2016, 21:01

^ listen to that guy.

Sniper rifle needs almost as much rework as ropes do.
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby assasinguy » 16 April 2016, 21:59

The sniper rifle was implemented along with the M4A1 and Glock and I'm not sure if they were even designed for PB2, so yeah ... we need a futuristic PB sort of sniper with much better characteristics and a much further range.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby eternal titan » 18 April 2016, 11:29

Nope, I don't want to see how much this will boost camping in mainstream approved maps.
eternal titan
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Bramble » 18 April 2016, 22:29

A good question is:
Would the sniper rifles if he characteristics remain the same?
Like will we have it look different but do the same things? (other than having longer range)
One mans nightmare is another man's hero.
If only perspective were tangible...
-Bramble
Bramble
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wreak » 18 April 2016, 23:43

Just change the range for the rifle.

EDIT: it's actually possible to change the range for just one gun.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Krutz » 18 April 2016, 23:48

the sniper rifle is an extremely potent weapon as it is; increasing the base projectile life of its bullets would be stupid to say the least

instead of increasing the range of the weapon, its damage dropoff (which currently doesnt exist in pb2) should be less steep

for example, the bullets of a sniper rifle would retain their potential damage for a longer distance compared to the bullets of a shotgun

since the sniper rifle has the best time to kill (0 seconds) of all the weapons, there must be some disadvantages

considering pb2 is a 2 dimensional game, hitting someone with a bullet from the sniper rifle is not too hard (remember that the weapon has an accuracy of 0 degrees). i dont see many practical ways to nerf the sniper rifle to be a high risk weapon, because there is not that big of a risk in its gameplay, currently

one way i thought about it is to implement some sort of constant potential accuracy system that is similar to eric's current recoil system, but i cant bother to explain it especially considering most of you wouldnt know what im talking about

essentially, yes, i think the sniper rifle needs some sort of reworking, but i forsee it not going to be a simplistic reworking

wreak wrote:EDIT: it's actually possible to change the range for just one gun.

explain

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby wreak » 18 April 2016, 23:55

Not that hard. Just make a trigger that very quickly changes the range of the bullet as soon as the gun fires then have a small system that reverts the range back to its normal bullet limit.
wreak
wreak

Postby Krutz » 19 April 2016, 00:58

wreak wrote:Not that hard. Just make a trigger that very quickly changes the range of the bullet as soon as the gun fires then have a small system that reverts the range back to its normal bullet limit.

lol that doesnt fkin work because that doesnt even solve the problem: it affects all ballistic trajectories from all weapons in the map

Krutz

Postby wreak » 19 April 2016, 03:20

Krutz wrote:
wreak wrote:Not that hard. Just make a trigger that very quickly changes the range of the bullet as soon as the gun fires then have a small system that reverts the range back to its normal bullet limit.

lol that doesnt fkin work because that doesnt even solve the problem: it affects all ballistic trajectories from all weapons in the map

Yes but it doesn't matter since no one will notice it anyways. Even I hardly ever notice the difference and I was the one who tried concept anyways.
wreak
wreak

Postby ustopable » 19 April 2016, 03:36

So lets make an example if someone is spamming leads to your direction then you fired your sniper rifle to someone then suddenly all leads hit the sniper and killed it. So extending the life of all bullets within a second could still make some changes between life and death

So if Eric makes the sniper rifle long range then add another downside of that gun other than it can't reload when switched out
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby wreak » 19 April 2016, 04:20

ustopable wrote:So lets make an example if someone is spamming leads to your direction then you fired your sniper rifle to someone then suddenly all leads hit the sniper and killed it. So extending the life of all bullets within a second could still make some changes between life and death

So if Eric makes the sniper rifle long range then add another downside of that gun other than it can't reload when switched out

Yeah but such situations happen at a miniscule to nothing since it only buffs the bullet life 1/30 of a second and even high rate of fire rifles can hardly ever touch that bullet life. And the bullet life from my understanding can change even after it's already fired.
wreak
wreak

Postby Krutz » 19 April 2016, 20:21

wreak wrote:Yes but it doesn't matter since no one will notice it anyways. Even I hardly ever notice the difference and I was the one who tried concept anyways.

people not being able to notice a difference isnt the problem

you claimed that you can change the bullet lifetime of a single firearm—which is false—and when asked to prove it to be possible, you failed

to be clear, it is not possible to change the bullet lifetime of a single gun

Krutz

Postby wreak » 19 April 2016, 22:01

Krutz wrote:
wreak wrote:Yes but it doesn't matter since no one will notice it anyways. Even I hardly ever notice the difference and I was the one who tried concept anyways.

people not being able to notice a difference isnt the problem

you claimed that you can change the bullet lifetime of a single firearm—which is false—and when asked to prove it to be possible, you failed

to be clear, it is not possible to change the bullet lifetime of a single gun

Fair enough, but does it truly matter whether you change the range of every gun for an extremely short amount of time? It wouldn't be a useful update since the level of priority it has.
wreak
wreak

Postby tehswordninja » 20 April 2016, 15:19

I'm not sure why you're against such a simple thing.

The whole turning bullets life to max for a few seconds could really mess up battles, just keep spamming your shotgun at a sniper till he fires, then watch your shotgun hit him

EDIT: Also, this would be a pain if it was on something such as x death real war
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby ustopable » 20 April 2016, 16:06

I would choose to spam rifle than shotguns since rifle have more chance to hit than shotgun in far away
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Next

Return to General Discussion