PB2 is Dead???

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: PB2 is Dead???

Postby Ayano » 20 April 2016, 10:51

I can tell that community is Dying...
But Definitely Not Dead.
I know there are those players who Rage vote people out for:
Hacking,Lagging,Being Quiet (This happens to me.),Being noob,Not speaking (Language Here.),Etc.
But i still find it a Bit fun to be in.Even though that there are a few players who are actually nice.
I can live with it. To be honest i wish i started PB 2 in the early years just to see how active the community was.
So for me PB 2 is Not dead.
But as everyone or Majority said.
Its Definitely Dying.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Munkey » 21 April 2016, 00:50

At this point the only thing thats alive is the forums
Chat and game are mostly dead
Munkey
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Dark Reaver » 21 April 2016, 20:13

PB2 is as alive as DEFCON: Everybody Dies is.

Both are great games but nothing lasts forever.
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby FRC10 » 22 April 2016, 09:47

PB2 : Poisoned by its flaws and soaked in staleness, death is inevitable. But it's not dead yet. Fortunately, the game has got some good players sticking around, the ultimate caring survivors, in fact. Staffs really deserve appreciation.

Notwithstanding that the golden years of PB2 were over before I entered the corridor of this amazing game with a nice, helpful and friendly community. I play and enjoy this game with full excitement. I am trying to learn map making. I still see fun in this game.
Having said that, I wish I had joined this game at that time and become a part of that unforgettable era.

Off topic : I don't know what the revivalists are doing? At least they should maintain a proper communication with the community. Awareness is the key to success. They must know it.
"Nobody is born legend but you can grow into one."
https://pb2kzm.wordpress.com
FRC10
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby assasinguy » 22 April 2016, 18:19

I've been in PB2 since the beginning and the things people complain about an abundance of have always been present, people calling you "hacker" when you kill them, "laggers", campers, we've always had these problems.

The thing which indicates the game dying are reduced activity, especially on the chat, and a lack of regular updates, although it can be argued that we never had really regular updates.

Some people say that too many base/roleplay maps indicates the game dying? It doesn't, it just shows a shift in the kind of player we have and the overall preferences of the community. If people like those maps more than competitive matches, they will show up more.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Xenophyte » 23 April 2016, 23:34

let's be realistic. PB2 is dying but not dead. If it was dead then no one would be here.

Xenophyte
Recruit

Postby Kill4Ever » 24 April 2016, 14:43

Its pretty much dead.Or dying.

Kill4Ever
Recruit

Postby Dandamage » 24 April 2016, 20:53

The meaning of "dead" may vary a lot depending on the person. For me, it's not dead. It is actually pretty relative since PB2 is still a popular flash game.

http://prntscr.com/awcpqd

There are too many filters until someone is noticed as a PB2 fan. The person needs to see the game in a flash game site, must know that there is a site for the game, must register, must be interested enough to check the forums or to play the multiplayer, since some people stick to the campaign and don't check the multiplayer or custom maps at all, must be active enough to be noticed...

Get it?

It is slowly "dying", but it's definitely not dead.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby The Shadow Fighter » 29 April 2016, 11:47

Pb2 will die only if pb2.5 arrives.

The Shadow Fighter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ilijah999 » 29 April 2016, 13:02

I think if this game had more updates it might not be this dead. Yes, he is making PB2.5, but even before the updates that he made were just terrible. it made people....leave.

ilijah999
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Mirth » 29 April 2016, 14:30

ilijah999 wrote:I think if this game had more updates it might not be this dead. Yes, he is making PB2.5, but even before the updates that he made were just terrible. it made people....leave.

I cannot deny this guy has got a point there. Since the major update of 2013, the game went downhill, mainly because there was half the community, which could not even fight for a top position. Which is an absolute shame.
Mirth

Postby tehswordninja » 29 April 2016, 22:26

Speaking of updates, the last good one was in 2014 (can still remember how fun that one was), the one that added a bunch of new triggers. Then I got more and more disappointed with the lack of content adding updates.
Hell, Eric could have added a new gun like every 3 months and maybe a few skins/triggers here and there, and that would have been enough to keep the game from dying. I really don't get why he didn't do this, but at least he's making PB2.5 now.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby stormforce » 30 April 2016, 15:33

NO!
Pb2 was never dead and never will be.
Many are a bit inactive or do not play because the updates stopped.
If Eric Gurt doesn't put pb2.5 as a seperate game and just updates pb2 to pb2.5 we get new people and the original people too.
Pb2.5 is looking great.

stormforce

Postby assasinguy » 1 May 2016, 00:25

PB2.5 can be viewed as a completely reworked PB2 or a completely separate game, but either way, it is not PB2 itself, it is definitely something separate. When PB2.5 comes out, everyone will go there, and leave here behind. So PB2 will die eventually when everyone has left and the servers are shut down due to inactivity.
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Agent Starbird » 2 May 2016, 00:01

Mirth wrote:
ilijah999 wrote:I think if this game had more updates it might not be this dead. Yes, he is making PB2.5, but even before the updates that he made were just terrible. it made people....leave.

I cannot deny this guy has got a point there. Since the major update of 2013, the game went downhill, mainly because there was half the community, which could not even fight for a top position. Which is an absolute shame.

This game has as many users, if not more, as it did in 2013. I like to remember the glory days of 2013 as well, but the fact is, even if the game content is going downhill by less updates (which will be fixed by 2.5), it isn't dying.
Agent Starbird
Recruit

Postby Mirth » 2 May 2016, 00:23

Agent Starbird wrote:
Mirth wrote:

This game has as many users, if not more, as it did in 2013. I like to remember the glory days of 2013 as well, but the fact is, even if the game content is going downhill by less updates (which will be fixed by 2.5), it isn't dying.

I am questioning whether you were around, in 2011-2012 and the incredible amount of approved matches, and matches in general, the game had, and I'm not talking about California (which still has activity), but Europe and Washington.
Mirth

Postby Krutz » 2 May 2016, 03:27

Agent Starbird wrote:This game has as many users, if not more, as it did in 2013.

youre simply wrong on that

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Hikarikaze » 2 May 2016, 03:35

Agent Starbird wrote:This game has as many users, if not more, as it did in 2013. I like to remember the glory days of 2013 as well, but the fact is, even if the game content is going downhill by less updates (which will be fixed by 2.5), it isn't dying.

This is wrong on so many fronts. There's far less people now compared to 2013 and prior.

Decline is inevitable and the game is undoubtedly dying, regardless of how much anyone tries to argue it. It's natural in all games with a long lifespan.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Agent Starbird » 2 May 2016, 20:37

Hikarikaze wrote:
Agent Starbird wrote:This game has as many users, if not more, as it did in 2013. I like to remember the glory days of 2013 as well, but the fact is, even if the game content is going downhill by less updates (which will be fixed by 2.5), it isn't dying.

This is wrong on so many fronts. There's far less people now compared to 2013 and prior.

Decline is inevitable and the game is undoubtedly dying, regardless of how much anyone tries to argue it. It's natural in all games with a long lifespan.

I like to stay optimistic about it because I don't see the same decline everyone else is seeing. As for the person farther above I joined in May 2013 I believe. I'm having the same experience I did then on this site. This was just my experience, maybe if you could tell me some reasons why it is dying i could understand better.
Agent Starbird
Recruit

Postby David91523 » 3 May 2016, 12:40

PB2 is not dead yet.
PB2 is already dying some times.
Why:
There's some 10 years olds using caps locks and having spelling wrong.
Also they kicking you in the COOP if you are AFK.
Why don't everyone makes Anti AFK system?
Some times makes swearing and about S3X because they're too young for dating.
Raging on me because:Lag and my ping is too high.
making up excuses.
that's why you asked
David91523
Cyber Grub [25]

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion