PB2 is Dead???

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: PB2 is Dead???

Postby David91523 » 3 July 2016, 10:42

Star Fox McCloud wrote:
Kman910 wrote:Legends are gone because pb2 is dying.
No good maps are new.
Some people are quitting because the game is too additive (I did but it did not work).
People hate talking about quitting because it is additive.
We are seeing the same people every day.
Those people are keeping pb2 a 10% chance of not dying.
They dont get a prize for that.
90% of us dont care for each other.
The other 10% are people like mingo1.
People that cant play ranked are called laggers.
Everyone wants to team.
Guests think they can get away with anything.(10% players think that to)
I have had to change myself cause I had to.Im trying to put all my spear time into pb2.To keep it alive.
We just need the players and pb2 will stay alive.
(It would help too if you told all your friends to play this game to keep it alive)
Everyone put in their name #ToKeepPb2Alive
To help this great game!
Thankyou for reading.

It wont matter. when pb2.5 happens, pb2 will be gone, DONE, finished, or should I say..Plazma Dust lol

Wonder PB 2.5 there will be no guests here
David91523
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby eru_ » 21 April 2018, 21:00

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Last edited by eru_ on 1 January 2021, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby TerminatorRex » 24 April 2018, 18:00

eru_ wrote:too many noobs when they are gods keep testing their weapons on players just for fun

the point of this game is to run around and kill people
artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby sponge18 » 24 April 2018, 23:18

The whole point of the game is to kill like other games. Its stupid for someone to say that the game is dead because they kill you...uhm thats the point. In my opinion I don't think I would call it dead by a little "inactive"(im stupid LOL)..why? 2.5 is coming so theres a slight chance that old players and friends might come back and more players would join if its not just a website but in steam aswell.

sponge18
Recruit

Postby David91523 » 28 April 2018, 15:20

sponge18 wrote:The whole point of the game is to kill like other games. Its stupid for someone to say that the game is dead because they kill you...uhm thats the point. In my opinion I don't think I would call it dead by a little "inactive"(im stupid LOL)..why? 2.5 is coming so theres a slight chance that old players and friends might come back and more players would join if its not just a website but in steam aswell.

Some old players wont come back until the community's toxicity should be gone, since the tryharded pb2 players are being rude to the newbies and they will start complaining. To be honest. In my opinion, PB2.5 is not going to save the community, it's going to be same thing as PB2's community.
[Insert reference quote here]
David91523
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby GZ55 » 1 May 2018, 00:18

The game itself is excellent for its genre and its AGE, most importantly... I think the main problem here is that over time, only the most "hardened" active players stayed in the community until today, making the whole atmosphere toxic as a result. Ranked is unplayable due to there being virtually no activity save the occasional curious new user or the seasoned Plazma Burst 2 "veteran". Unranked is beginning to suffer the same fate, even on "peak" hours, say, 4 to 7 PM EST. Custom is the only mode worth playing nowadays, but the already low player base and the unwillingness of the general community to try out new things from time to time make it impossible for this game to experience any significant activity.

Specter_ wrote:I concur! this game has gone too archaic for replay value and it's multiplayer has not even came out of beta stage yet! the rest i really don't pay attention to be honest, barely know anyone here and i been here since that chatbar thing has been removed from the main lobby where you select a map to join

Specter_ suggested that PB2 possesses no real replay value after a certain point. Well... if you remove the community factor, as it is virtually non-existent in 2018, there is no real reason to play this game past the campaign and a few MP matches anymore. Conclusion? PB2 is frozen. Until the next major update or instalment is uploaded (to me, PB2.5 is an UPDATE while PB3 is a new INSTALMENT), it will remain like this, as it was since around 2016.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby C-13Lite » 10 May 2018, 06:40

I can't really take it anymore I really don't wanna say this but the game is pretty much dead most of the people on my friend list have quit and they all gave me the same reason it's the community and overall my account was not made in 2012 but I played it back then im kinda getting bored of it and the bad community makes me just wanna quit everyone else is that guy that made the youtube video talking and showing the plazma burst 2 cheats Lord iMajor
said I love you all see you in plazma burst 2.5

sponge18 wrote:The whole point of the game is to kill like other games. Its stupid for someone to say that the game is dead because they kill you...uhm thats the point. In my opinion I don't think I would call it dead by a little "inactive"(im stupid LOL)..why? 2.5 is coming so theres a slight chance that old players and friends might come back and more players would join if its not just a website but in steam aswell.

good point i don't see why people get mad while you kill them plazma burst 2 is a 2d shooter game, not a 2d let's walk around and not kill game

the sad thing is this bad community is gonna go right to 2.5 when it comes out most of my friends have gave up on the game I'm thinking about it to ive never seen a flash game be this toxic I mean its filled with assholes
C-13Lite

Postby ST-117985 » 28 June 2018, 09:57

2020 Flash will die so if flash died then Pb2 will die too?
maybe download HTML i guess.
ST-117985
Recruit

Postby GZ55 » 1 July 2018, 21:33

Two months later and I am in utter dismay; consider this a follow-up post to my previous one in this thread.

Plazma Burst 2 is now dead for good, and the only efforts which make sense are those geared towards the next instalment, Plazma Burst 2.5/3 (working titles). Here's some proof and a few predictions I make to reinforce this claim:

1) More people are playing in Ranked approved matches than Unranked approved matches. Only the most dedicated players are left, myself included. In total, I see only about 10 to 20 people playing in approved maps at any given moment. Outside of the peak hours, which are determined to be from 16:00-21:00 UTC as per the activity monitor in the website's "Players" tab, sometimes I don't even see anyone playing in an approved map. By 2019, I think less than 100 people on average will be online.

2) The Adobe Flash Player is degrading to a point where the game's mechanics are sub-optimal. I have heard that many people are experiencing major lag in even the simplest maps, including stryde-sniper. Most people don't run their browsers on "great" hardware with high single-core performance. (The Flash Player runs on a single CPU core. Combined with the incredibly high memory consumption of most modern browsers, Plazma Burst 2 is bound to lag significantly, even with the browser being the only major application being run. This is NOT the developer's fault, it's the normal progression of the tech world.) The end of 2020 will mark the final nail in the coffin for Plazma Burst 2 as ST-117985 has stated. Eric Gurt was hard at work porting everything to HTML5, and optimizations continue to be put in place.

3) There is effectively only one server left for users to play on as the Ukraine server is ignored almost completely. This isn't a problem for Custom mode, but lag has become more of an issue recently.

4) Plazma Burst 2 no longer has any replay value for obvious reasons. (Also see my previous post.)

The only good thing going on in the community is the rise of well-optimized, aesthetic and balanced maps which could be ideal for a Multiplayer mode in Plazma Burst 2.5/3. I applaud these map creators, as well as Eric Gurt himself, for continuing to exercise their creativity and for representing the main source of vitality here; it's likely they will give the next Plazma Burst instalment some decent exposure in its beginnings.

As for me, I have finally lost all hope. I'll probably post something pretentious in the Intro/Farewell thread sometime later.

EDIT: some wording.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby phsc » 1 July 2018, 22:08

yes, it has been for a long time now, its not about mentality, its about accepting that
the lvl dev is great, that is it, the rest sucks, it has around 1 million registered users and 2k in its discord, thats... 0.2%? not considering multiple accs and things like that tho
games dont survive for long unless theyre mmos, pb2 isnt a mmo tho, it doesnt get big updates with lots of content
pb2.5 might ressurect it for a while again if it gets published in steam
flash is really dead tho, what makes this community still a community, is that theres a few new users going in, but each time a smaller number, and they leave each time faster, as the nostalgic childhood memories factor is always less of a thing, the game is boring, but it wasnt, and you search for that feeling, that isnt real, other factor that keeps it "alive" is friendship, im a member of boz and we play pb2 some times, but its mostly not the old players from 2011, and hell, even ones from 2013 are slowly not playing anymore, i think i still have some joy out of this cuz i quit it in 2016, but in 2019 no way ill be playing this, or even using this forum
if i were eric id put the website offline until pb2.5 gets released, theres a discord for communication, the playerbase is getting small, then id go into pb2s dabatase and look for emails, and email every person the steam page of pb2.5 once its finished, if its on steam, if not, no way someone is going to play it, maybe it will last for 2 or 3 years, not any more than that
im probably leaving in a while, i left in 2016 and id say the game was already dead, but i came back, i have a few small things ive never done, actually ive never done nothing in this game, which is sad, ive seen people call me a legend but im just some retarded old guy who cant leave his childhood memories away, i really like the level developer, even tho im not the best with it, all my great ideas of back then werent possible, now that they are, i dont even remember them, or do have the time
anyway in life everything has an end, pb2 also has, you know, playing something for 6 years isnt easy, i mean think of a 18 yo, thats 1/3 of his life

tldr: let this die release pb2.5 in steam it lasts + around 3 years then the pb series dies 100%

anyway, the only thing i would really like to happen befoer i leave is a music system, i did a post on a possible one, idk y but i really want it, it would allow me to have some more fun in the lvl dev, maybe a few months of joy before i leave
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Fastest » 3 July 2018, 00:11

@Tempus
Yes a game I play has also developed a client sided anticheat, this also allows more FPS to bad PC users since there won’t be the quality of the browser keeping the performance back. I have some knowledge on this as I play a few games with similar solutions.
Fastest
Recruit

Postby Niglet » 4 July 2018, 23:07

What I would say here is that plazma burst 2 if he is dying a bit ... but what I hope is that when eric gurt will give a release date of Pb 2.5 because many have asked that and I see it almost every day I also think that same thing but I would expect these famous youtubers to try pb 2.5 and pb 2 to recover old players and get new players. These youtubers:

-JuegaGerman

-ElrubiusOMG

-PewDiePie

-Markiplier

-TownGamePlay

-ElRinconDeGiorgio

-Etc

I would very much like eric gurt to end up publishing PB 2.5 in steam for free or with payment but I do not know if he will be doing it with flash player to put it on his website online or kick him in kickstarter and then see his previous views in steam. If it is in steam the game will have to be downloaded and it is from another graphic engine and I bet a lot that eric gurt is doing PB 2.5 with another graphic engine because when I saw the previous views in the PB 2.5 wiki I thought that eric gurt was doing PB 2.5 with another graphic engine because when I saw the images I said that those graphics do not look much like those of flash player. I would say that you are doing eric gurt to PB 2.5 with 2D Player Settings with these graphics engines, Unity, Unreal Engine, Frostbite, Source, etc. but I hope that in PB 2.5 steam is paid because I like to play more games downloaded than playing them in steam. because if it's free you will not have a downloadable option and I've seen it.

Niglet
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby JayaRaya » 7 July 2018, 11:07

Niglet wrote:I would expect these famous youtubers to try pb 2.5 and pb 2 to recover old players and get new players. These youtubers:

-JuegaGerman

-ElrubiusOMG

-PewDiePie

-Markiplier

-TownGamePlay

-ElRinconDeGiorgio

-Etc

That is exactly the same idea that i propose in the previous topic : (http://prntscr.com/k3lwkm)
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=21128

But anyway, is PB2 "Dead"? In my opinion, the answer is "Not yet". But soon or later, it's certainly dying at this moment by the decreasing numbers of active players and many more. This topic was made 2 years ago (2016), yet quite surprising that PB2 still active & playable until now. (Not to mention that the forum itself still has people visit it)
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ST-117985 » 9 July 2018, 13:50

you realized Eric and the Staff r planning the PB2
and i thought they said that pb2 will be a game not a website and you can download PB2 what a
suprise. :D
ST-117985
Recruit

Postby TerminatorRex » 10 July 2018, 22:53

Neckxt wrote:PB2 is estimately 95% dead. Legends are gone, kids rage and kick if you have the skills, screen's flooded by flame wars, players with skills but has a ping higher than 180 are called lagger, noob, and other negative words. It's rare to see decent players that are mature, open - minded, and friendly. I, myself, only play pb2 because I have some friends a clan that I'm currently applying (GeNo) and I have no other game to play. 5+ posts everyday in forums are VERY low compared to other game's forums. My bug report isn't even resolved. gg. pb2, gg.

this has always been the case since the start of this game and the start of online gaming as a whole
artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby sericune » 11 July 2018, 06:31

sericune
Recruit

Postby guest-electric fish » 14 July 2018, 15:13

In my opinion plazma burst 2 is dead due the following reasons:

A) Lack of activity from players. Back in 2013-14 days the pb2 servers were fully active(ike there were 2000 people and people had lots of fun but sadly this activity went down and as result 180-140 are playing. This thing is playing an catalytic role because day by day the activity is slowly dropping and i am afraid that by next year there will be lesser players than the usual

B) Adobe flash's death. Plazma burst 2 is using flash (an plug in program made by adobe) for the gameplay and for testing maps. Last year (2017) adobe decided to kill flash in 2020 (which of course from one point it made many people furious because the importance for many games but from the other point it made other people happy because flash was broken and an useful tool for many hackers) which means that every browser is forced to ditch flash in order to use html5. As result many people are facing amounts of lag which is caused by their browsers

C) Age. I know that it may sound ridicilous and wrong reason but it plays an pivotal role due this reason: Many people who used to be either from the start (2010-2011) either from the middle (2012-14) are getting old to keep up with this game due either they moved to other games either they got irl issues (like they joined the army or got themselves an job) and as result if for whenever reason there is sequel they won't be there (and if they can they will be only 1-8%)
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby superfrank1004 » 15 July 2018, 00:01

Some really can't rlly face the fact that this game is dead for the following reasons guest electric fish said. My opinion is that nothing will ever solve the issue of the game and one of them includes PB2.5.

superfrank1004
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Lord Russia Tachanka » 17 July 2018, 18:39

Calm down guys, Plazma Burst 2.5 can be released any day. So be patient

sericune wrote:https://imgur.com/a/sMFbODv Yes

Wh--what?
Players that didnt play PB2 for days?!

Plazma Burst 2 its really dying Eric Gurt, you cant be AFK (Away from keyboard) all time!
I worked for Rainbow team, maked LMGs as a support for my teammates.
Lord Russia Tachanka
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby GZ55 » 20 July 2018, 18:24

The very fact that Plazma Burst 2.5/3 can be released "any day" is what worries me. Somewhere in the forums is a link to an interview with Eric Gurt concerning the new release (made by Iraq Lobster/Blackbird). The developer claims that in the space of almost two years, progress on the game has shifted from 16% to... drum roll please... 20%. Yup. With confidence like that from the developer, no one knows what to expect. Maybe not even Eric Gurt himself!

Brace yourselves, folks, we're in for a long and wild ride.

Here's the thread where I found this interview. viewtopic.php?f=117&t=21745

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Previous

Return to General Discussion