PB2 is Dead???

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

PB2 is Dead???

Postby mrblake213 » 15 April 2016, 13:09

Most players here on PB2 quit thinking that PB2 is Dead.
They are waiting for PB2.5 to be finished.

Do you believe that PB2 is dead?

For me,
PB2 still isn't dead.
The California server has still people playing on it. The forums get atleast 5+ post everyday. There are still players chatting on the chat.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Re: PB2 is Dead???

Postby Neckxt » 15 April 2016, 13:37

PB2 is estimately 95% dead. Legends are gone, kids rage and kick if you have the skills, screen's flooded by flame wars, players with skills but has a ping higher than 180 are called lagger, noob, and other negative words. It's rare to see decent players that are mature, open - minded, and friendly. I, myself, only play pb2 because I have some friends a clan that I'm currently applying (GeNo) and I have no other game to play. 5+ posts everyday in forums are VERY low compared to other game's forums. My bug report isn't even resolved. gg. pb2, gg.
I dreamed about someone killing me in 2:42am. I was happy that it was just a dream but now I checked my clock, it's 2:41am.

Spoiler: Show More

Neckxt
Recruit

Postby prophunt » 15 April 2016, 14:51

Hosently, im hoping pb2.5 attracts new people. People that speak english.

And dont just murder everyone for no reason...

prophunt
Recruit

Postby IcYiGodZ » 15 April 2016, 17:40

I want pb2.5 to be on steam, so we can have a much bigger majority of new players. Steam has very cool players, open minded as well.

Add me on twitter! http://twitter.com/IcYGodZ?lang=en
IcYiGodZ
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 15 April 2016, 18:19

IcYiGodZ wrote:I want pb2.5 to be on steam, so we can have a much bigger majority of new players. Steam has very cool players, open minded as well.
Remember, this is a flash game so it can't be on steam.

On topic: i think that pb2 is dead because there aren't players like they were, player points system changed, most players left the game etc...
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby maxim12 » 15 April 2016, 18:49

I hope PB2.5 will be success game.

I always liked PB2, i hope PB2.5 will be better and more alive community.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Krutz » 15 April 2016, 19:44

not dead, but relatively stagnant

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 15 April 2016, 20:15

Nah, its not dead. But in its final months but pb2.5 might bring life back, all depends on Eric.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Copy_ » 15 April 2016, 20:59

Kostadin 8 wrote:
IcYiGodZ wrote:I want pb2.5 to be on steam, so we can have a much bigger majority of new players. Steam has very cool players, open minded as well.

This isn't true. flash games can exist on steam aswell. A example is The Binding of Isaac.

The original was a flash game, until it was remade 'recently'.

On topic: Yeah, pb2 is dying. It isn't dead but it's dying. Theres definite signs of it.

Less players, sometimes servers can be empty/dead (EU and Wash mostly) and many players are quitting/quit.

I really hope that PB 2.5 can reverse this dying process. If it fixes all the flaws pb2 currently has, it could be possible then. Well, we'll see.
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby IcYiGodZ » 15 April 2016, 23:06

Kostadin 8 wrote:

On topic: i think that pb2 is dead because there aren't players like they were, player points system changed, most players left the game etc...

Go look up games like tdp4 and tdp5, they are both flash games on steam. they are worst than PB2. heck, even PB2 can pass the steam greenlight

Add me on twitter! http://twitter.com/IcYGodZ?lang=en
IcYiGodZ
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby assasinguy » 15 April 2016, 23:08

Dying, but not dead, we just need Eric to make PB2.5 into everything which every PB fan has ever dreamed of ... then it'll infuse more life back into the series.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Wardemption » 16 April 2016, 04:16

No it isn't. I hope Pb2.5 brings back some old players and gains popularity. BTW, the forums gets more than 20+ posts everyday I guess.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby wreak » 18 April 2016, 23:52

Wardemption wrote:No it isn't. I hope Pb2.5 brings back some old players and gains popularity. BTW, the forums gets more than 20+ posts everyday I guess.

I don' really care that much about the legends. I just want some new players that don't rage vote .-.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby pixelbyte » 19 April 2016, 07:53

If pb2 was dead, the website would be down, the servers would be gone because nobody can afford it, and the top 20 wont exist because nobody plays, that didnt happen so No, I dont think pb2 is dead.

pixelbyte

Postby tehswordninja » 19 April 2016, 14:55

It's not dead but you cannot deny it's dying
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby ustopable » 19 April 2016, 16:19

Wardemption wrote:No it isn't. I hope Pb2.5 brings back some old players and gains popularity. BTW, the forums gets more than 20+ posts everyday I guess.

Well i hope the famous youtubers would play this game and advertise it woot free visitors
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby darkstar 1 » 19 April 2016, 16:59

PB2 is like a zombie, it's dead, but there is still some life in it :|

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Tempus » 19 April 2016, 23:25

It's on the table. It's up to Eric.

Kostadin 8 wrote:

That isn't exactly true. PB2.5 could be made into a downloadable game. However, a few flaws such as file edits / hacks. My suggestion was a launcher that checks for any files edited on your end so the server could see if anything was changed and that you're playing with a legit copy of the game.

Making it easier for us to detect hacks. Along with stopping ban evading with a new feature called Hardware bans. Which are only avoidable if you;
A: buy a new hardware card from the store.
B: Play on a new pc.

prophunt wrote:Hosently, im hoping pb2.5 attracts new people. People that speak english.

And dont just murder everyone for no reason...

If advertised right. It could become a great hit. It's all about how we sell the name and (get it out there). Videos about PB2 / PB2.5 help greatly. I personally want thank each YouTube'r that recorded a video about PB2. You guys are great ^^

maxim12 wrote:I hope PB2.5 will be success game.

I always liked PB2, i hope PB2.5 will be better and more alive community.

Pm me what you want to see in PB2.5 / don't want to see.. It would be nice to get some feedback.

Ontopic -

Well i'd say because of PB2.5, some people are hanging around pb2 and waiting for it. We don't have a "ton" of people. But we have the casuals that are here to chat.
Tempus
Advisor

Postby Ghostehz » 20 April 2016, 02:09

To look at this game and say that it is approaching its end is silly, but it's not dead. Honestly, if this community is gonna continue, PB2.5 definitely needs to bring everything to the table. Also, if it goes up on Steam, will it only be restricted to that?

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Thundrex » 20 April 2016, 02:23

Ghostehz wrote:Also, if it goes up on Steam, will it only be restricted to that?

It would be restricted to Steam unless Eric makes an independent site/forum like some Steam games have, such as Warthunder or Robocraft.

My personal recommendation is that Eric goes with Steam but adds a non-steam version available on an independent site. Along with what Tempus said, if Eric goes with Steam or a downloadable version of the game, I'd very much hope he makes a launcher or anti-cheat that makes sure all of the files are unchanged. The game isn't that big compared to games like Robocraft (and even RC isn't that big), which allows an anti-cheat to work even better.

With an anti-cheat or launcher that is required to be run before the game, it'd be almost fool proof unless an actual hacker (I highly doubt someone with the necessary skills would waste their time on a game that isn't triple A or whatever). When I said required, there needs to be some sort of action that the actual game application has to cripple the ability to play it unless the launcher is ran. I'm not sure how to do this because I don't know how to code, but I'm 99.99% sure it can be done.
Like Minecraft?

Well join Apocalypse.red! It's a fantastic, small server. It's quite inactive but that's why we need you!
Thundrex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Next

Return to General Discussion