Oracle's Rant - Custom maps are pure TRASH!

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Custom Maps are pure trash

Postby monkeyman2535 » 31 March 2016, 00:02

This conversation lost its civility pretty quick but I'm partially responsible for that so I can't complain.

Anyway guys yeah complain and argue all you want but none of you are helping. Learn how to make maps and make your own if you want to see some change. Make something original and then beg everyone you know to play it. It'll probably do jack sh*t, but it's worth a shot and it'll do a hell of a lot more than your angry forum posts will. I won't help though since I've already done my damndest to save this collapsing game

gl hf kids ;-)
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Silent Aurora » 31 March 2016, 15:20

oraclehunter wrote:
-long quote by monkeyman-

First of all... I never was angry about this. Huh... you've done what? Spam site chat for attention? You've done nothing. You're pure trash.

gl hf kids ;-)

It's funny how you call us kids why you're the one behaving like a retard. http://prntscr.com/amenmh

Don't bother posting if you're just going to insult other users in this dicussion.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby oraclehunter » 31 March 2016, 16:22

Don't bother posting if you're just going to insult other users in this dicussion.

Please read the posts above before attacking me.
oraclehunter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Incompetence » 31 March 2016, 17:38

oraclehunter wrote:Maybe there are lots of sniper maps in custom but we're talking about saw, bossfight, sword & base maps here. These maps I mentioned in my topic have been remade countless times over the past few years. Snipers not. So make your own topic about your sniper map rage.

"sniper map rage"

nice lad, you assert that i'm raging about sniper maps when all i did was suggest to you that you should include them in your blind rant

According to you, 95% of custom maps are simply just trashy bases and schools, yet you accept that there are custom/non-approved sniper maps out there, which can easily fall under this category and even falls under the broader category of custom maps - emphasis on custom

please provide evidence and not your observations that sniper maps havent been replicated not even once over the course of how ever long you've noticed because anyone can prove you wrong in that aspect

And finally, while you're telling me to make a topic about sniper maps, maybe you should take a break from the internet and get your facts and anger problems sorted out before trying to start a """civilized""" discussion with anyone of us on this forum

tl;dr dont bypass your parents parental controls if you cant handle different opinions without attacking them lmao

oraclehunter wrote:Please read the posts above before attacking me.

lmao the attacker is feeling attacked
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby ustopable » 1 April 2016, 02:58

Custom Maps aren't trash its just cliche as it is. People lack innovation and there are some newbies out there who idolize sniper maps, saw, bases, and school maps. Lack of idea results to plagiarism, unoriginality and cliche things and some people doesn't even know what theyre doing getting an idea is hard today because some are created already so Inatead of complaining teach them how to do it and give them ideas. If you don't want to see cliche maps then give them ideas. They get their ideas from these maps

Also you are attacking users
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby The Algerian Soldier » 1 April 2016, 11:55

Yes I'm with you with this, but these maps are training maps witch you can training yourself, like saw, It make you able to take the awsome control of the player, witch make you know traps and move smoothly, ya know what i mean ?

- And Bossfight make you able to access and focus your skills on your target, whitch make you rarely die when you meet strong enemy.

- And Sowrds give you the ability to access and focus your skills in melee and near fighting, I know The Most of the players get killed when they meen fighting sowrds.

- Last and not least the base maps, whitch give you ability to defend your area against other players, i don't mean press Z and then a shield field appear, but when you have more that 60% estimates to get killed you can use your skills to stay alive.

But every thing depend on quality, i mean there's a great different between the fail map maker and the pro map maker.
I'm Muslim and let 'em die !
The Algerian Soldier
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby oraclehunter » 1 April 2016, 14:39

"sniper map rage"

nice lad, you assert that i'm raging about sniper maps when all i did was suggest to you that you should include them in your blind rant

According to you, 95% of custom maps are simply just trashy bases and schools, yet you accept that there are custom/non-approved sniper maps out there, which can easily fall under this category and even falls under the broader category of custom maps - emphasis on custom

please provide evidence and not your observations that sniper maps havent been replicated not even once over the course of how ever long you've noticed because anyone can prove you wrong in that aspect

And finally, while you're telling me to make a topic about sniper maps, maybe you should take a break from the internet and get your facts and anger problems sorted out before trying to start a """civilized""" discussion with anyone of us on this forum

tl;dr dont bypass your parents parental controls if you cant handle different opinions without attacking them lmao

He-heh. Sniper maps are being replicated but not as much as the maps I mentioned in my topic. I didn't include snipers because saw, bossfights, base etc. have been around for a longer period of time. And now you're accusing me of having anger problems? Heh.

Custom Maps aren't trash its just cliche as it is. People lack innovation and there are some newbies out there who idolize sniper maps, saw, bases, and school maps. Lack of idea results to plagiarism, unoriginality and cliche things and some people doesn't even know what theyre doing getting an idea is hard today because some are created already so Inatead of complaining teach them how to do it and give them ideas. If you don't want to see cliche maps then give them ideas. They get their ideas from these maps

Also you are attacking users

Nicely said but they're still not original. I also don't attack users. I might respond in a brutal way but I'm not doing that for no reason.

Yes I'm with you with this, but these maps are training maps witch you can training yourself, like saw, It make you able to take the awsome control of the player, witch make you know traps and move smoothly, ya know what i mean ?

- And Bossfight make you able to access and focus your skills on your target, whitch make you rarely die when you meet strong enemy.

- And Sowrds give you the ability to access and focus your skills in melee and near fighting, I know The Most of the players get killed when they meen fighting sowrds.

- Last and not least the base maps, whitch give you ability to defend your area against other players, i don't mean press Z and then a shield field appear, but when you have more that 60% estimates to get killed you can use your skills to stay alive.

But every thing depend on quality, i mean there's a great different between the fail map maker and the pro map maker.

Honestly, this one made me laugh. The saw maps might help you with self boosting or whatever but the rest...
Bossfights don't change anything about your skill. By playing alot of sword maps you can improve your skill in it but by the incredible amount of lagg in the game players will be able to kill you from a long range, and that deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up swords. Base maps are not meant to stay alive lol. They're meant for a god to enslave you, kill everyone that isn't allowed in the base (mostly guests) etc. ''ya know what i mean ?''
oraclehunter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 1 April 2016, 14:49

Green eyed Demon wrote:Surprised you aren't banned on the forums yet

avoid free-posting.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Tortoise » 1 April 2016, 16:25

Maybe when PB 2.5 is finished the different game mechanics will mean different maps.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Incompetence » 1 April 2016, 18:11

oraclehunter wrote:He-heh. Sniper maps are being replicated but not as much as the maps I mentioned in my topic. I didn't include snipers because saw, bossfights, base etc. have been around for a longer period of time. And now you're accusing me of having anger problems? Heh.

lmao lad its a miracle that you finally found the decency to act more civilized in your own discussion

how do you know how fast sniper maps are being replicated compared to the map types you mentioned? Is it simply based off your observations or do you actually have evidence to back up that claim?

from what I've noticed, people tend to complain far more about snipers being unoriginal, even citing that replicas of already existing maps get approved or something like that, and yet, bases and such arent as mentioned as compared to sniper maps, despite the latter having a shorter lifetime in the game

Even from there, sniper maps have already been around for some time now - maybe not as long as the maps you're trying to criticize but still around long enough to generate a widespread negative opinion

based off that, they should be included in your list but whatever, thats up to you lad
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Ghostehz » 1 April 2016, 21:30

People who make topics like these piss me off. Instead of complaining, go make some of your own creative maps (if you even can) and stop sh*tting on people who at least TRY. I don't even need to read any of these replies besides the OP to know that you're only whining.

Also, way to pull a screenshot out of your ass to attack monkey.

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 1 April 2016, 22:40

This Topic reminds of my younger Years a lot...

The Maps may not be good, but neither are many of the People who choose to play them (no offense?). If the People want "pure trash", you can't do much about that. You can only do something for yourself, like choosing Maps you consider good and invite People you consider adequate in Private.

Making Maps, as others have said, might be a good Idea, but again, it will help you more than the Community itself.

monkeyman2535 wrote:The fact that you're blaming map makers here shows you're basically just an idiot shooting your mouth off. I've made maps since 2012 but I quit months ago because nobody wanted to play or rate them. Good, original maps.

The reason you don't see good maps anymore is because nobody plays them. There are plenty of good, original mapmakers here who are either languishing in obscurity or have given up maps altogether because nobody gives a shit. Your comments towards what's left of the good mapmakers in this game are frankly insulting. If you really want good maps, put in half a flying pizza sauce's worth of effort and go find them for yourself.

This community is full of idiots, and by blaming mapmakers you're just making yourself part of the problem. You must be stupid if you don't think anyone has complained about the lack of original maps before.

^He thinks way too much about the well-being of others (whether they deserve it or not) while dumping the negative Part of his "Humanity" like he is some kind of ultimate d-bag, but he is right about this.
While the Idea of complaining is good, you need to act in order to see things happening.
Last edited by KARL SERG on 2 April 2016, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Bramble » 2 April 2016, 06:18

Munkey wrote:No offense, but people like you are pure trash.
Do you realize you are complaining about people's opinion?
Some people like these maps, some people don't, you shouldn't get jealous over the fact that the majority of the community likes these unoriginal maps.
If people are in the top 100 they deserve it for making a map a lot of people like, no matter how trash it may or may not be.
If you don't like them, then make your own "original maps" and stop complaining on the forums when you haven't done anything to change it.
If people don't like your super amazing map, and a base map gets more rates, that means people don't like your map, not that the map is trash.
TL;DR: Stop complaining about other peoples opinion.

yeah everyone has a different opinion and some people do like the maps out right now but i think that we all agree map diversity is a good thing. I want to see more new original maps. And that is what oracle is saying( although he could say it more nicely). There is a lack of originality going on. that doesnt mean other people with different opinions won't like the maps its just a simple fact. most maps are similar in nature.
One mans nightmare is another man's hero.
If only perspective were tangible...
-Bramble
Bramble
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby oraclehunter » 2 April 2016, 11:23

lmao lad its a miracle that you finally found the decency to act more civilized in your own discussion

how do you know how fast sniper maps are being replicated compared to the map types you mentioned? Is it simply based off your observations or do you actually have evidence to back up that claim?

from what I've noticed, people tend to complain far more about snipers being unoriginal, even citing that replicas of already existing maps get approved or something like that, and yet, bases and such arent as mentioned as compared to sniper maps, despite the latter having a shorter lifetime in the game

Even from there, sniper maps have already been around for some time now - maybe not as long as the maps you're trying to criticize but still around long enough to generate a widespread negative opinion

based off that, they should be included in your list but whatever, thats up to you lad

Don't try to teach how to be civilizid. Also... you keep talking about these... sniper maps. Make your own topic 'bout it ffs. Please go seach how many saw, bossfight & base(school, hotel etc.) maps there are.

People who make topics like these piss me off. Instead of complaining, go make some of your own creative maps (if you even can) and stop sh*tting on people who at least TRY. I don't even need to read any of these replies besides the OP to know that you're only whining.

Also, way to pull a screenshot out of your ass to attack monkey.

If you hate these topics, ignore them. Nobody asked you to QQ and whine over this. Also do you think I give two sh*ts of you taking screenshots? No, I don't. From now on I'll just ignore your stupid and ignorant post.

^He thinks way too much about the well-being of others (whether they deserve it or not) while dumping the negative Part of his "Humanity" like he is some kind of ultimate d-bag, but he is right about this.
While the Idea of complaining is good, you need to act in order to see things happening.

I am working to see things happen. I was planning to release a couple of maps that the community hasn't seen before and enjoyable to play( from my perspective) But I am late on my schedule due my 1 week ban.

yeah everyone has a different opinion and some people do like the maps out right now but i think that we all agree map diversity is a good thing. I want to see more new original maps. And that is what oracle is saying( although he could say it more nicely). There is a lack of originality going on. that doesnt mean other people with different opinions won't like the maps its just a simple fact. most maps are similar in nature.

Nicely said tho.
oraclehunter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby The Algerian Soldier » 2 April 2016, 15:13

Honestly, this one made me laugh. The saw maps might help you with self boosting or whatever but the rest...
Bossfights don't change anything about your skill. By playing alot of sword maps you can improve your skill in it but by the incredible amount of lagg in the game players will be able to kill you from a long range, and that pizza sauce up swords. Base maps are not meant to stay alive lol. They're meant for a god to enslave you, kill everyone that isn't allowed in the base (mostly guests) etc. ''ya know what i mean ?''

I really don't know what make you laugh; when i mean Bossfight and Base i didn't meant them all; i mean that kind of capturing a base without god, the best player or team capture the base, and bossfighting too.
I'm Muslim and let 'em die !
The Algerian Soldier
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wreak » 2 April 2016, 17:25

That's very arguable.

People make these maps since its gets the most rates. I am pretty sure someone said that you haven't looked hard enough to find a really good map. I can see why you're saying this since there is a lot of mediocre maps and some of them fail to meet modern map expectations.

I can admit that I made a sword,base and saw map before but most of them I usually sell the download file to small time clan leaders or delete them in the end. I still have my sword map and the only thing different about it is the unusual design of the BG and walls.

To sum it all up, there is a lot of maps that are considered "trash" in your standards however there are still plenty of special maps that have a unique genre of map making. Just look harder or even make one yourself if your that devoted to adding another special map in pb2.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Dandamage » 17 April 2016, 00:54

Guys, don't feed the troll. Seriously, stop giving attention.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby maxim12 » 17 April 2016, 12:11

Lets look at the past.

In approved we used to have alot of different original DM maps, Cahir arena, Sector 2, fightfor the base, battlefield towers.

In custom maps we had Different saw maps, Cahir-Traps anyone? and other original custom maps.

And now today? All we have now is random sniper maps and base/gunshop/sex maps... Sorry but this has killed the game in my opinion!
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby mrblake213 » 18 April 2016, 09:02

Well I think since when the ping got lowered for approved maps.
People needs to make a map where players can play it without the map getting approved?
There is no specific requirements or theme to make a map.
We are given freely on what map we should make using our Imagination.
I guess since many people "imagined" these kinds of map. We just have to roll with it.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Re: Oracle's Rant - Custom maps are pure TRASH!

Postby oraclehunter » 19 April 2016, 19:39

On the 5th and 19th of april, 2016 I took screenshots of all the matches in the "Custom Section" on the server with the biggest amount of players: California.
I basically marked all the Saw, Base & sword matches and used math so calculate the percentages but it went wrong but you'll still get it. It's basically all saw or base maps.

05.04.2016 (DD.MM.YY)
Note: I forgot to mark alot of matches in the screenshots of 5 april. You can count them if you have time to waste.

http://prntscr.com/aol8ne
http://prntscr.com/aol9f5
http://prntscr.com/aol9y3
http://prntscr.com/aolaex
http://prntscr.com/aolb4d
http://prntscr.com/aolcye
http://prntscr.com/aoldgz
http://prntscr.com/aoledh
http://prntscr.com/aolfpl

TOTAL: 57 "PLAYABLE" Matches
Saw Matches - 11 ( 6,27%) , Base Matches - 22 ( 12,54%) , Sword Matches - 4 (2,28% ) , Other Matches - 20 ( 11,40%)

19.04.2016 (DD.MM.YY)
Screenshots have been taken more correctly.

http://prntscr.com/au9u22
http://prntscr.com/au9uzw
http://prntscr.com/au9vzi
http://prntscr.com/au9x0j
http://prntscr.com/au9xur
http://prntscr.com/au9yy3
http://prntscr.com/au9zyd
http://prntscr.com/aua13e
http://prntscr.com/aua1zr
http://prntscr.com/aua2qb

TOTAL: 64 "PLAYABLE" Matches
Saw Matches - 12 ( 7,68%) , Base Matches - 22 ( 14,08%) , Sword Matches - 0 (0% ) , Other Matches - 30 ( 19,20%)

FORMULE USED: A x B / 100 =

Honestly my math is horrible. If you want to be the genius , feel free to do it right.
oraclehunter
Cyber Grub [25]

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion