Chat 2.0: Restored & Remodeled

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Chat 2.0: Restored & Remodeled

Postby Syluster » 24 January 2016, 02:14

This might be highly debateable but I have been thinking for a long time and have never came to a theory on reviving the chat after it was taken down due to drama related incidents relating to staff members and the community as for it was to bring the community closer together as a family, a big helpful, supportive, & protective family. After it was taken down and erased from the site there have been no other way of site social media other than contacting with others in-game. But I have came to a conclusion that it should be revived, originally this section was to bring the community together not to tear it apart from those who have their personal beliefs and shares them in public against players and staff members. Even "if" there is a new chat the staff needs to be a lot stricter on the rules that supported then they were before but not as much that the D.Q's have to make hateful assertions towards everybody. We had experienced although not everyone has known or beg to differ but important memorable events on chat, such as Staff Promotions, Real World News events, & New Year Celebrations. In conclusion I feel that we should bring the chat back on the site or even if its on fourm I hope that we can be brought back together as a family more importantly as a community.
Syluster
Recruit

Re: Chat 2.0: Restored & Remodeled

Postby shadowstorm122 » 24 January 2016, 02:23

When the chat comes back you'll get trolls on there after a minute...
until theres a better system we won't be getting it back.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Garuda 1 » 24 January 2016, 05:02

Well the chat might be brought back with 2.5. Hopefully if we get a new chat it will be better in every way.
We are all we need, baby can't you see? In the end we all ought to be where we belong~
Emmerian Air Force ~:~ Eastern Region Air Defense ~:~ 8th Air Division ~:~ 28th Fighter Squadron
Go dance with an Angel!
Garuda 1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ivan123bago » 24 January 2016, 05:33

We hope the chat will appear in pb2.5 hopefully. The chat is temporary closed due to dramatically emotions :/
Spoiler: Show More
ivan123bago
Recruit

Postby Hikarikaze » 24 January 2016, 05:45

Syluster wrote:it was to bring the community closer together as a family, a big helpful, supportive, & protective family

Your so-called 'family' is only big in that it comprised of a huge group of idiotic people and a low amount of actual intellectuals, helpful and supportive in that they helped and supported the staff in taking down one of the greatest features of the site by giving them a valid reason to, and protective in that most of this 'family' can't handle the heat when their own ego or opinion gets challenged, hence the magnitude of broken logic in their own counterarguments just to make themselves look right and the other side look stupid. We've sure gotten really close ever since.

Syluster wrote:After it was taken down and erased from the site there have been no other way of site social media other than contacting with others in-game.

Third party chats are a thing. Just make one and PM the people you want to have them join. It's not that difficult. It may not be secure or as good as what we had, but it's better than nothing and certainly better than whining about 'omg we have no chat save us now.'

Syluster wrote:Even "if" there is a new chat the staff needs to be a lot stricter on the rules that supported then they were before but not as much that the D.Q's have to make hateful assertions towards everybody.

This is a challenge to enforce because every staff has their own method and beliefs on how to handle someone. People will make drama for anything if not the strict system. There's not enough font colors? Let's whine about how red isn't an option yet yellow is. Names on the chat aren't bold like before? Let's whine about that too.

Drama is like the ignorant people that roam this planet. It'll never stop breeding and it's often a (hilarious yet) disappointing sight to behold. You can't stop something like that just as easily.

Besides, people have the nerve to have standards for leniency and strictness. If a staff member is a bit lenient, the community loses it like a riot. If a staff member is a bit strict, the community also loses it too.

Syluster wrote:We had experienced although not everyone has known or beg to differ but important memorable events on chat, such as Staff Promotions, Real World News events, & New Year Celebrations.

The only real important events here would be real world news events. I don't think someone getting a different colored name is worth labeling as an event, especially if the community's going to target said person anyways like the ironic (and often hypocritical) group we are.

Syluster wrote:In conclusion I feel that we should bring the chat back on the site or even if its on fourm I hope that we can be brought back together as a family more importantly as a community.

Good luck with something that'll barely ever happen. Even if we do get a better chat, you'll still have the same people from before coming back in different forms and we'll all end right back at the start.

But you know what, I'll just be like the rest of the sugar-coated optimistic side of the spectrum and say "yay, let's hope this new chat is tons more better than ever before times 10!!1!!1"
---
ivan123bago wrote:We hope the chat will appear in pb2.5 hopefully. The chat is temporary closed due to dramatically emotions :/

I'd honestly prefer it be permanently closed instead of having a new habitat set up for the ignorant minded, because it'll just take one or two people again to have it 'temporarily' shut down again.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby guest-electric fish » 24 January 2016, 09:52

I hoping for a better,new and great chat in plazma burst 2,5 because the previous one even it was great and fun unfortunately due the flame wars and the dramas on it made as result pb2 staff had to disabled it
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 24 January 2016, 11:52

To be perfectly honest, I do miss the chat, and I'd like to see a better more secure incarnation of it on PB2.5.

When it comes to rules and banning, we just need a strict and rigid system which everyone follows like a book, no leniency at all. That's what I think, that's how we'll keep it as clean as possible.

Hik, I've read your post, and pretty much everything you said is true, it's depressing to realise that as the truth, but it's true, but despite that, I'd still like to see another chat, as I think we'd be able to control it with a stricter system.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Silent Aurora » 24 January 2016, 16:25

Eh, I am pretty sure we (staff) would learn from our past and handle the new chat (if it comes with pb2.5) differently, as said above, more stricter and hopefully with more advance tools and security, there shouldn't be a need to remove it for the 2nd time.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Hikarikaze » 24 January 2016, 20:45

assasinguy wrote:Hik, I've read your post, and pretty much everything you said is true, it's depressing to realise that as the truth, but it's true, but despite that, I'd still like to see another chat, as I think we'd be able to control it with a stricter system.

Well, that's your opinion and I can't really challenge it. Everything I mentioned is nearly true because I actually bother to look at the entire situation - both the positives and the negatives - instead of turning away and sugar-coating the entire issue by focusing on the positives only and glorifying them in an attempt to overturn the negative like some people here do. They know who they are - I won't point anyone out specifically unless I want and/or have to.

I used to like the chat but I've had a quite negative perspective on it for quite a while now. I personally oppose the idea of bringing it back, even with a stricter system, but that's just me.

Silent Aurora wrote:Eh, I am pretty sure we (staff) would learn from our past and handle the new chat (if it comes with pb2.5) differently, as said above, more stricter and hopefully with more advance tools and security, there shouldn't be a need to remove it for the 2nd time.

Even if the current staff does learn from their past, what's the guarantee that any future staff members will act in line towards the new system the chat will be expected to have? There were some good members on the team before and we all saw how they all went down. What's saying that history won't repeat itself?

The tools are practically useless if the wielder doesn't use them properly or doesn't use them fully as intended. That ties in to what I said about people handling things differently. A procedure might make things run smoothly, but you'll still always have a rebel and that one corrupt staff regardless. Once people find a way to take advantage of those (or just about anything else - like the stupid loopholes people found towards the rules), it won't take long to make a repeat episode of the entire chat issue again, and it'll eventually snowball into literal chaos yet again, be it slowly or instantaneously.

Then again, I have an extremely negative view on this entire issue anyways.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby DoomWrath » 25 January 2016, 01:42

I've made a large post outlining what's needed for general security for the next generation of website for the Plazma Burst series in a hidden forum section for the attention of the developers, and I'll do the same with that chatroom too - since I do miss having a place to communicate easily with people. What I don't miss is the abuse and misuse of that feature, so that will have to be prevented.

I think a second type of chat, either onsite, or integral to the multiplayer lobby, would be a great bonus so long as it was built properly, and didn't have the failings of the last chatroom. In a perfect world, the site and chat would have straight email verification for the site, verification for specific features (if the site has none), email address blacklisting, basic IP bans, IP blacklists, ISP blacklisting (used for blocking proxies), account whitelists, etc. Those, coupled with actual tools for the chat, like flagging a user as 'warned' in a similar manner to the forums, an experienced staff team and a closer community (the regulars) willing to act sensibly, would make a second generation chat a pleasant place to be.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 25 January 2016, 13:04

DoomWrath wrote:I think a second type of chat, either onsite, or integral to the multiplayer lobby, would be a great bonus so long as it was built properly, and didn't have the failings of the last chatroom. In a perfect world, the site and chat would have straight email verification for the site, verification for specific features (if the site has none), email address blacklisting, basic IP bans, IP blacklists, ISP blacklisting (used for blocking proxies), account whitelists, etc. Those, coupled with actual tools for the chat, like flagging a user as 'warned' in a similar manner to the forums, an experienced staff team and a closer community (the regulars) willing to act sensibly, would make a second generation chat a pleasant place to be.

What we really need is age verification and an actual age bar instead of just typing it in a box...
(I know there will be the idiots who pretend to be older than they really are...) but this could disable chat for the youger kids(under 12) so if there is a rule breaker or whatever... they don't learn any inaprop language or anything they shouldn't see, speaking of that.. I do remember a certain user(not giving name) posting pics of his pizza sauce on the chat and another user sending these pics in PMs to people. it would also be alright if the chat was only available to people who have had atleast 72 hours of gameplay.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Silent Aurora » 25 January 2016, 15:40

Hikarikaze wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:Eh, I am pretty sure we (staff) would learn from our past and handle the new chat (if it comes with pb2.5) differently, as said above, more stricter and hopefully with more advance tools and security, there shouldn't be a need to remove it for the 2nd time.

Even if the current staff does learn from their past, what's the guarantee that any future staff members will act in line towards the new system the chat will be expected to have? There were some good members on the team before and we all saw how they all went down. What's saying that history won't repeat itself?

Future staff will be trained and be taught about how certain situations should be handeld and they shouldn't go off doing things by themseleves without an admin/hm knowing.

Yes, there were some good members on the team but things like that don't last for long, people change so we have to adapt and try to be more cautious. History repeating itself? Who knows.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby tehswordninja » 25 January 2016, 22:09

Yes, a new chat is needed. And this time something you can't evade bans on.
If the old chat happens all over again though, then there isn't a point in the chat.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby NovianKnight » 27 January 2016, 01:42

Maybe to make the chat-room more strict and secure, maybe recruit chat-room staff. BC the staff can't watch EVERYTHING. BC I'm thinking if you add a auto-ban mechanic, multiple people would be banned per day....like for profanity, joking around....you know.
The official Novian Studios PB2 profile! Shared by 5 other people.

NovianKnight
Recruit

Return to General Discussion