PB2 Nostalgia Thread

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

PB2 Nostalgia Thread

Postby monkeyman2535 » 30 December 2015, 23:01

Do you remember cool stuff from PB2's past that you want to share with anyone?
(and by "The Past", I mean anywhere from 2011-2013, maybe with a little bit of 2014. 2015 is still the present.)
Do you remember what clans you were in, what kind of a person you were, what your favorite maps and mapmakers were, what your friends were like, stories from memorable matches you played?
Post it here!
All kinds of nostalgia are welcome, whether you want to share stories about the ol' days or post cool videos or screenshots from back then. This thread is intended to promote meaningful discussion about PB2's days of yore, so please post meaningful stories and memories that are significant to you, personally. Don't just say stuff like "Hey guys, remember when the lamps were a darker shade of blue? Crazy, right??!"
If you see a post here that really strikes a chord with you, please respond to it! This thread is for collective reminiscing, not just dumping stories.

Happy Nostalgia-ing!
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: PB2 Nostalgia Thread

Postby Hikarikaze » 30 December 2015, 23:13

Hey guys, remember when the lamps were a darker shade of blue? Crazy, right??!

My time here is pretty much blank in that I didn't do much and I can't be bothered to remember most of what happened. I remember making awful-tier maps from 2011-2013, because I couldn't be bothered to learn the OLE; all I ever did was mess around in the OLE. I didn't talk to anyone until 2013, but I played MP here and there rarely and managed to get a 1.5 KDr somehow.

Also, I remember messing around in Campaign with the old alien pistol and the Kinetic Module, throwing around dead allies and enemies because ragdoll physics are always hilarious.

Basically, I don't have much nostalgia k.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby guest-electric fish » 30 December 2015, 23:48

Although I was a guest in 2013-2014 I remember when version 1,16 was cooler.it was fun and awesome.unfortunately after version 1,20 changed a lot.those were good times
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby monkeyman2535 » 30 December 2015, 23:55

guest-electric fish wrote:Although I was a guest in 2013-2014 I remember when version 1,16 was cooler.it was fun and awesome.unfortunately after version 1,20 changed a lot.those were good times

Please try to post more detailed and personal stories in the future, thanks
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535

Shadowing in 2016 lel

Postby shadowstorm122 » 31 December 2015, 00:07

I Joined in 2012 (almost 4 years of shadowing lel) :l
But was aware of pb2 in the early years
Le clans(from first to last):EGMSU, Killer$, StarDelta, Assassin$, GoD, StarDeltaRevived, Crusader$, ApexPredators

I was kind of a bad person got banned alot (mainly week bans, day bans. u know that kind of stuff) was a bad clan member too xD(until I joined Apex, summer 2014-idk I might rejoin soon)

My favorite maps were probably a few of the XnX(he was kewl :c) ones

I remember the 2012-13 community pretty well there was one guy who I thought quit because of me(LukeHayesII) and then assasinguy I met on the same day Luke left basically he told me luke quit cuz of some1 else and we've been frinds since lol.
And there was Named(back when he was a mod) I probably met a few of my closest friends on this site well messing around with named and co(Poison, Epic Knight, Unreal ,Syndi, Kirito(he wus de newb of teh group) and The_European)
I also remember trolling Doom back when he first joined the staff team xD

The most memorable moments for maps are probably clan related (recruiting, training etc) Especially with the Star Delta clan.

The earliest memory I had of the plazma burst series was playing plazma burst fttp back in Year 7(Highskool) this was in 2010 or 2011 im not sure...
A video of me messing around with guests back in early '14 xD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmM-HoO4IFE
Those were the days xD
Last edited by shadowstorm122 on 31 December 2015, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby mingo1 » 31 December 2015, 01:52

On an early October morning in 2010 I was sick and was about to not go to school. Well, I went anyways. Surely enough my friend tells me about the sequel to a 2D tactical shooter game we used to play called Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. And the sequel was Plazma Burst 2--obviously. I create an account and name myself mingo1, since back in 2008 when I played Stick Arena: Ballstick on XGen studios my account "Pingo1" got hacked. Thus, mingo1 came into play. Continuing on, I joined the Washington server--the only server of 2 at the time (the other being the Ukraine one). With a chatroom on the right and the games on the left...:

As I joined a match, it was DM0 with my friend Ninjaronnie, the guy at school that told me about this game.

Well, I had the best time ever. The match was full and we were ALWAYS fighting for the Plasmagun and/or the BNG. Best day ever.

And I never would have thought that I would be standing here today with a proud position in Staff, COO of the Revivalists, owner of an almost 800 subscriber YouTube channel, and friends that have reshaped my life forever.

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you, everyone.

:D :D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby pixelbyte » 31 December 2015, 05:40

pixelvoxel was 2011-2013

rip pixelvoxel :(

pixelbyte

Postby ustopable » 31 December 2015, 08:33

Ah i remember knowing X Death, Max Teabag, Tacoguy in his own Torture Game map and Takunava because of his awesome training day

I remember the Legendary Hero was too awesome that there is so many fake accounts of Legendary Hero (I met one of the fake Legendary Hero and he said he's not the original Legendary Hero)

I remember making map while im a beginner that my whole map comment screen became a chat thread i don't have a picture but iremember one saying this (Dude are you ready to fight, Blitzkrieg my friend this is the Crystal Quarry) i keep laughing whenever someone comments my map like that
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Dark Reaver » 31 December 2015, 08:47

The old times were pretty cool in this game.

Playing with in-game friends was the most important aspect for me and that's what kept me here from 2011 to 2015. Funny enough, PB2 is the only online game which I've been playing for more than 3 years.

It was cool to listen to 'older' players' history lessons regarding this game, and thinking I was a b*dass for being a [GSA] Sergeant. It was funny to see the [GSA]-[EKAT] verbal warfare on their websites.

I remember Commander Hammer's 'new' singleplayer maps in 2012 which I used to wait for a long time.

Thinking about it, I could easily write a novel about my memories regarding this game....
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver

Postby KARL SERG » 31 December 2015, 10:13

I don't have much Nostalgia anymore, but I do miss the Times when I discovered the Forum. Ah, the Arguments... I still retain a Part of who I used to be, but to a lower Level.

What can I say? I hope that the Things will get back to Normal (not just in-Game, but in the Real World as well).
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby the real slayer » 31 December 2015, 10:17

Ok so, some may find my PB2 atory a bit weird!

I remember finding this game when i was playing in a flash game website like Kongerate (I think it was called FRIV or something) back in december 2012. I started playing the campaign and i was stunned. The game was super awesome for a flash game (it still is.)

I played the campaign over a million times and then i found the official site of PB2. I found out it has a multiplayer too and i think in March 2013 i started playing as a guest (back then i hadn't register in nearly any game.) The guests were a lot more friendly than they are now and the users....have remained the same lol.

I played in California (I still do even if i live in Europe) and usually hanged out in XnX's school, mrblake's Christmas-Hotel-House and sometimes some other maps. I made some friends but whatsoever since i was a guest our friendship didn't last that long. :roll:

Well at, i think was, december 2013 i stopped playing the game and totally forgot its existence lol. At the time i was busy with other stuff. But at december 2014 while i was watching some videos on YouTube, a PB2 video popped up and all of sudden i wanted to go back to the game.

So i registered december 2014 and started playing multiplayer. I had fun but the game just wasn't the same. I noticed that instead of 2000 people a server now only had 200. Well whatsoever i got used to the basics and now that i was a user people respected me more too. I joined the chat in june 2015 and the forums a little bit after that.

I've never had met the community up close and personal and i still liked it (even if only 200 people are left.) I'm just gonna hang around here and enjoy life. Even if none of my RL friends don't play the game it's good to make new ingame friends each day lol. :D

the real slayer

Postby assasinguy » 31 December 2015, 15:33

I like to think that PB2 was an important part of my childhood, and still is, I joined as a cocky over-hyped 11 year old kid but now I'm quite a reserved 16 year old, (although I can still get quite hyped : P). This game as a social environment has done a lot for me, it's allowed me to talk to people all around the world and some of the people I've met have changed my life, I've been able to take advice from people much older than me and I've been taught to respect people no matter what. This place has been an escape from my real life, an extension of it, and sometimes I consider it something totally separate, like I'm a whole different person here. As for people and friends, I've met a ridiculous amount of people on here, I have 900 friends on my PB2 profile, however, I probably only remember 50-60 of them, those are the people I'd consider really close friends.

I found this when I got bored of Raze and decided to look around for other similar titles, I played through the campaign on some other gaming site before joining the official site to play MP and use the chat. At first I wanted to get a high KD and get onto the Top 100 list, but in late 2012, (I think it was late 2012), I started making maps and my goals changed completely, I decided that KD was a waste of time because it doesn't allow you to have any fun. I continued to play competitively but didn't mind my KD ratio, I always liked to say I was just playing for fun. I went much deeper into the whole mapmaking thing and decided that what I really wanted was a place in the Top 100 Custom Developers, I got that place in 2013 but I kept moving up until I got an ldr of 50.01. After that I was going to write down the story of my SP series to keep forever and just leave this whole place, but then I got a position on the staff team and decided to stay. I'm glad I stayed.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby maxim12 » 31 December 2015, 15:47

I remember the times when cahir-traps we're very popular maps.

I remember the times how i was total noob and i absolutly terrible at wall jumping (Speciality in saw maps.).

I remember how boze-fightforthebase maps is very popular and i like how the higher you got the lower the gravity is, It was so cool back then.

I remember how i made noob looking singleplayer maps, and multiplayer maps.

I remember how i was inspired to make Saw maps when i played cahir-traps. (which they looked terrible btw.)
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 31 December 2015, 19:21

Despite my poor relation with my father due to arguments and stuff,he's the one I should thank for finding the game,he was just looking for games to play online and he found PB2,don't know on which site anymore,saw him play like 3 levels and it caught my attention so the next day I started playing it.Few days later I found out it has an official website through multiplayer so I registered an account that might or might not still exist but I'd rather not talk about it rofl.This was around mid-late 2011.

Later on I've had this stage where I just felt like registering new accounts since I always came up with either pathetic or better names(most of them being pathetic but still)

I remember I joined Anti-GSA which later turned into ES*,used to argue a lot with Reset(the leader of the clan back then),normally I would hang out around ES*'s divison I think?Or ally clan?No idea,the clan was called ASA or Alien Security Alliance,made most of my friends back here,one of them being Syndi,we used to piss each other off but later on we became friends.

Around this time I was going through that "emo phase" of my life,and no,I wasn't feeling suicidal lol.Shortly after ES* started dying out I met Silent Phoenix on his old account that some people here might recall,some not,I won't go into details here.It was also around this time when I started making maps,though they were all terrible,later on it was Silent Phoenix that teached me the usage of triggers and stuff on the OLE.

Later on I became clanless and I got invited to a great clan called EXtinction,won't go into details here since most of my time in Plazma Burst 2 has been spent around this clan and it's members,we used to play snipers,our own maps,my maps,other games,and untill today I'm still in contact with EXtinction members.

TL;DR Ups and Downs,one of the most important lessons of all time that I've learned while around here is don't get too attached to anybody,even if you call each other great friends,a single difference in opinions can screw you both over lol,but that's another story.

ps.still the best sniper player of EU,looking at you Walian

Green eyed Demon

Postby HeroicMike » 1 January 2016, 04:21

Devildog usa marines. Enough said

HeroicMike

Postby maxim12 » 1 January 2016, 11:23

Back when androids (Robots) sounded like machines, not like robotized version of Duke.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby The Master Of Roblox UwU » 6 November 2020, 05:47

Well a little bit in the old times (2014-2015) i was a little dummie that didnt know 1% english at all i fount pb2 on a flash site that i was never able to pass level 2 at all but one day i did it and i was so MUCH happy that i did it :)

The Master Of Roblox UwU
Recruit

Return to General Discussion