Balance between Usurpation and CS

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Balance between Usurpation and CS

Postby ustopable » 24 December 2015, 15:05

I don't know where should i post this

So i am making a map Civil Security vs Usurpation so i found usurpation always losing in a fire fight due to their rifles as i only need Rifle so any of you have a sugestion on balance between usurpation and Civil Security?

In campaign Usurpation are like Zergs in starcraft they win with numbers not with their weapon while the Civil Secuirity win using powerful weapons like the CS BNG and CS Plasmabloom and others.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Balance between Usurpation and CS

Postby Wardemption » 24 December 2015, 15:45

I have noticed all these things you said, lol.
I guess there should be more balance.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby maxim12 » 24 December 2015, 16:45

Usurpers have alien shotgun which are pretty punchy, more punchy than civil's assault rifle.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby tehswordninja » 24 December 2015, 16:49

Yeah, this has always annoyed me, the Usurpations really need more weapons. We need more alien weapons, as the four we have really aren't enough (The three Usurpation ones and the Ray Rifle).
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby kololek » 28 December 2015, 00:38

Aliens Shotgun are OverPowered

kololek

Postby shadowstorm122 » 28 December 2015, 00:47

tehswordninja wrote:Yeah, this has always annoyed me, the Usurpations really need more weapons. We need more alien weapons, as the four we have really aren't enough (The three Usurpation ones and the Ray Rifle).

The usurper destroyers use a CS BNG on one level...
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 28 December 2015, 02:02

shadowstorm122 wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:Yeah, this has always annoyed me, the Usurpations really need more weapons. We need more alien weapons, as the four we have really aren't enough (The three Usurpation ones and the Ray Rifle).

The usurper destroyers use a CS BNG on one level...

And? It's not a usurpation weapon so what are you trying to prove

Edited, I shouldn't post when I'm tired :P
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby ustopable » 28 December 2015, 02:26

kololek wrote:Aliens Shotgun are OverPowered

Yeah but the most easiest to deflect shotgun

shadowstorm122 wrote:The usurper destroyers use a CS BNG on one level...

but its not a usurpation weapon
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 28 December 2015, 05:05

shadowstorm122 wrote:The usurper destroyers use a CS BNG on one level...

but its not a usurpation weapon[/quote]

Yet you hardly see it being used by the CS (other than the occassional CS boss)
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Dark Reaver » 28 December 2015, 12:45

Balance depends..

Would it be a multiplayer map or a singleplayer one?

If multiplayer, it's simple: Make it 3 vs 5 so the usurpers have an adventage in numbers. Or 6 vs 10, I don't care.

If it's singleplayer, things are more interesting.
However, there are a few things I can suggest:

1) Minor Usurpation Soldier: A very fragile alien unit, is very weak alone but they can compensate it well by their numbers (Like Zerg in StarCraft, yeah).

2)Major Usurpation Soldier: Basically the alien version of a CS-Lite, however a slightly stronger overall. If you want a comparison, look at how well a firebat does against a hydralisk.

3)Advanced Usurpation Soldier: Look at the CS-Heavy, give him some mobility and a sightly less health. I said enough.

4) Usurpation Destroyer: A bit weaker than the ordinary CS-Boss, but hardly ever is alone.

To be honest you can't give them super-advanced weapons. Or you can, but in my opinion it wouldn't be a smart choice as it's really the only advantage the CS has against these creatures. And the vehicles.

I'm also making an SP map which is based on a similar theme and of course I wouldn't like to tell all my 'tricks' before it's released. However, you can PM me anytime for ideas.
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Konquer » 28 December 2015, 12:58

CS have good stuff , Aliens are good in swarming.
http://prntscr.com/9je7ii Forum Takeover
http://prntscr.com/9w48i6 comeback
http://prntscr.com/bnnrqa Simple kill
Konquer
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 December 2015, 15:53

Konquer wrote:CS have good stuff , Aliens are good in swarming.

Yeah but it would be nice if we could balance that out. Perhaps give more powerful weps to usurps and increase numbers for CS. Then that should work in theory.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Dark Reaver » 28 December 2015, 16:16

Silent Aurora wrote:
Konquer wrote:CS have good stuff , Aliens are good in swarming.

Yeah but it would be nice if we could balance that out. Perhaps give more powerful weps to usurps and increase numbers for CS. Then that should work in theory.

I don't really like that approach. It obviously would make the two factions less unique - and I don't think it's worth the 'balance'.
If it's that important, we could just give them yellow CS-RC rifles and BNGs with a different name.
Wouldn't be fun, right?
The aliens were quite successful invading the Earth, so they definitely need to have an edge over the CS in a way or another.

I agree with the more weapons part, though.

But seriously, it would be nice to clarify if we're talking about single- or multiplayer
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Hikarikaze » 28 December 2015, 19:53

For the case of the alien factions, we don't know if what we're seeing in PB2 so far is merely a glimpse of what to really expect or face later as the story progresses. The Usurpations in PB2 could only be a first wave of invaders while a larger army is on standby or at least on its way.

The CS, despite powerful weaponry, aren't exactly the most powerful right away. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been overrun or even wiped out in certain levels. The effects of war are clearly obvious on them, and their tactics prove it. They wouldn't be failing like this if the Usurpations were truly weak. The fact they even struggle to face the Usurpations in some cases proves there's some sort of balance between the two - a power struggle if you may. A 'superior' force wouldn't struggle so much with a 'weak' force.

The point: there's essentially balance, but in their own respects. CS weaponry is balanced by their poor and ineffective tactics, while the Usurpations in terms of numbers and swarming tactics are balanced by poor weaponry.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby tehswordninja » 28 December 2015, 20:08

Hikarikaze wrote:For the case of the alien factions, we don't know if what we're seeing in PB2 so far is merely a glimpse of what to really expect or face later as the story progresses. The Usurpations in PB2 could only be a first wave of invaders while a larger army is on standby or at least on its way.

The CS, despite powerful weaponry, aren't exactly the most powerful right away. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been overrun or even wiped out in certain levels. The effects of war are clearly obvious on them, and their tactics prove it. They wouldn't be failing like this if the Usurpations were truly weak. The fact they even struggle to face the Usurpations in some cases proves there's some sort of balance between the two - a power struggle if you may. A 'superior' force wouldn't struggle so much with a 'weak' force.

The point: there's essentially balance, but in their own respects. CS weaponry is balanced by their poor and ineffective tactics, while the Usurpations in terms of numbers and swarming tactics are balanced by poor weaponry.

Yeah, like on that level where cs lites teleport in with lite railguns.
Now think if all those lites had at CS-RCs and CS-DAZs. Those Usurpations would have died super easy.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby ustopable » 29 December 2015, 11:53

Like ghost they should have Heavy Railgun or Yippe Kiyay instead of a stupid shotgun that they keep spamming

I remember a game wherein its usurpation vs Civil Security and im in the usurpation team. Pretty much im in disadvantage no alien shotguns just a pure alien rifle and the CS team keep laughing at me because of my weak weapon so i made a good tactics wherein i camped at a wall which is thin enough for my Alien Rifle to penetrate then i fired it then bam i eliminated the CS team with ease
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Return to General Discussion