Which Approved Maps do you want in PB2.5?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Which Approved Maps do you want in PB2.5?

Postby maxim12 » 23 December 2015, 22:17

Star Fox McCloud wrote:
maxim12 wrote:And my answer is: None.

Better is not even transfer our accounts at all. Just start from fresh.

Only what should be trasfered is Eric gurt made maps or even better if not but eric create new maps.

...people would have their names stolen

No.

People will have a chance to carefully choose a new Nickname.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby KARL SERG » 23 December 2015, 22:20

maxim12 wrote:
Star Fox McCloud wrote:
maxim12 wrote:And my answer is: None.

Better is not even transfer our accounts at all. Just start from fresh.

Only what should be trasfered is Eric gurt made maps or even better if not but eric create new maps.

...people would have their names stolen

No.

People will have a chance to carefully choose a new Nickname.

But what if I want my Name?
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 24 December 2015, 13:48

yeah karl serg. Maybe I can be Max Teabag and become famous in 2 days l0l

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Tempus » 25 December 2015, 16:37

Personally I believe we should look at map approving in a different way.

For example, maps that were played at least 1,500 times would automatically receive a "title" of "Popular". Maps that were played 5,000 times receive a title of "Player Favorite", 20,000 times "World Famous" ect (Just an Idea).

I think when we approve maps it should be checked by staff. Once approved It cant be edited or you loose that title, however, you could resubmit it for approval again (there should be a history log for any changes made with maps that is usable by the team)

Maps that were submitted if successful and meet staff expectations would be approved.

The idea is any map can typically be approved. Single Player Maps, Cooperative Maps and DeathMatch Maps. Only if you the developer put work into it and it deserves an approval and meets all the requirements of maps.

Map developers that want to push their map even further (to ranked matches) must go through another review that's more complex. For example; Is a Community Favorite map, the map has been around for a while, ect. Maps that pass this stage receive the "Deadly or Legendary" title. These maps could be played on Ranked Matches. (as said before, just an idea)

I could go on and on for days, but I'll leave everything else to imagination.
Tempus
Advisor

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 28 December 2015, 14:20

So Tempus, do you mean when maps are played, is it how much it gets hosted in the servers?

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Konquer » 28 December 2015, 15:27

All maps are cool :L
http://prntscr.com/9je7ii Forum Takeover
http://prntscr.com/9w48i6 comeback
http://prntscr.com/bnnrqa Simple kill
Konquer
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 December 2015, 15:33

Konquer wrote:All maps are cool :L

Some of the approved maps like max teabags old maps are aren't up to date and really glitchy. Having a few transfer wouldn't be bad.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 29 December 2015, 16:41

Silent Aurora wrote:
Konquer wrote:All maps are cool :L

Some of the approved maps like max teabags old maps are aren't up to date and really glitchy. Having a few transfer wouldn't be bad.

I guess...it could work out, even since people hate strydes sniper map. but man, I said many times that physics would change and sniper guns would look worst

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Alien security heavy » 1 January 2016, 16:02

Eric Gurt's Railwars 1.
Act like you know me, but do you even know yourself?
When you got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose.
I may have no one else to blame, but listen to me.
You and I, we were once the same.
Alien security heavy
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 1 January 2016, 20:06

Alien security heavy wrote:Eric Gurt's Railwars 1.

That's a good old classic. Would love to see this in pb2.5
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby monkeyman2535 » 1 January 2016, 20:49

Actually one of the worst approved maps I've ever played.
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 1 January 2016, 22:26

monkeyman2535 wrote:

Actually one of the worst approved maps I've ever played.

Nostalgia's sake,I'd personally make a whole new map for PB 2.5 which would be an example of how approved maps are supposed to look like in the game if I was Eric and I still think PB2's maps have nothing to do in PB 2.5

Green eyed Demon

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 4 January 2016, 13:18

A hundred times I keep saying that old pb2 maps will get an automatic redesign, it wont look 100% same because 2.5 view and texture change. gosh how many times do I have to say it?

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Mirth » 4 January 2016, 13:33

Star Fox McCloud wrote:A hundred times I keep saying that old pb2 maps will get an automatic redesign, it wont look 100% same because 2.5 view and texture change. gosh how many times do I have to say it?

''An automatic redesign''
By what? By the game itself? It would make things even worse considering some of those old maps are not even designed properly.
This whole topic is just a promotion of LACK of ORIGINALITY.
To be completely honest, this idea would only give more work to do, more useless work for the sake of nostalgia of some old players, grow the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up, seriously, that some of us are obsolete does not mean we have to bring a past with us to another game.
And no, don't come up with a ''it is not a new game'', it is a revisited game, in my eyes still new and different according to what I have seen in EG's screenshots, so, it's kind of like trying to bring Minecraft material to CoD:BO2, in short, does not make sense.
Mirth

Postby NNC » 4 January 2016, 15:29

Mirth wrote:This whole topic is just a promotion of LACK of ORIGINALITY.
I'd rather have unoriginal but enjoyable maps than original but completely unplayable noobshit.

Mirth wrote:this idea would only give more work to do, more useless work for the sake of nostalgia of some old players
Maybe those who you called "old players" just want to keep a few awesome maps, to have an example of how to make them, and to play something while people would be making new maps specifically for 2.5?

Mirth wrote:seriously, that some of us are obsolete does not mean we have to bring a past with us to another game.
When you last checked approved maps list? Many of those outdated pieces of shit are already gone. Quite a lot of current maps are looking pretty fresh, and it wouldn't make sense to drop all the cool maps just because of few overrated ones.
Also, if I'd make a map right now, and it would get approved within a week, would you still call it "a part of the past"?

Mirth wrote:grow the f*** up
Very Mature, 10/10, Examplar Argument
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Mirth » 4 January 2016, 15:44

NNC wrote:-text-

First of all, define ''completely unplayable noobshit''.
Second of all, yes, they are a part of the past, we are moving to a new game, reworked, but still new, and the fact that the topic author is from 2012 supports my point of old maps, I am not seeing people asking for approved maps from 2014-15, correct me if I'm wrong, and if so, show me where a map from those years was mentioned.
Those examples could always come from Eric Gurt himself, not that it should be obvious the game developer shall give us a small tutorial or example before starting the maps, after all, we have no clue on how the level editor will be there, correct me if I'm wrong once again.
What part of obsolete don't you get anyhow? I said obsolete because of the PLAYERS, learn to read because you seem to be really obsessed in trying to roast when all you can roast is a turkey from my viewpoint.
You also completely got my ''grow the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up'' wrong, it means leave the past and try new things, new stuff, but of course nonsense has to come first and the desire of roasting is huge and you cannot control it, right?
This is anyhow my last post on this topic, as narrow minded people are not worth trying to discuss with.
Mirth

Postby Dark Reaver » 4 January 2016, 17:26

The only map which deserves to be approved in PB 2.5 is definitely jibb-epic

But seriously, I think it would be cool to make a category like 'Approved maps in PB2' when PB2.5 will have enough approved maps overall (like 15-20).

And I'm sure you'll look at the now up-to-date approved maps upon the release of PB2.5 the same way as you do at jibb-epic right now...

--By the way, it's likely that Eric will personally make a few ones for PB2.5 with its new features
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver

Postby NNC » 4 January 2016, 21:42

I have a feeling I'm talking with a Terabrion's clone

Mirth wrote:define ''completely unplayable noobshit''.
Take a wild guess.

Mirth wrote:Second of all, yes, they are a part of the past
You didn't even specified what are you talking about.

Mirth wrote:I am not seeing people asking for approved maps from 2014-15
And... ? Have you ever watched where did the discussion go?

Mirth wrote:Those examples could always come from Eric Gurt himself
Keep hoping, yup. EGRW1 is quite a good examplar map, eh?
BTW, people have to do something for themselves instead of hoping for someone to clear all problems, to make all maps, etc.

Mirth wrote:What part of obsolete don't you get anyhow? I said obsolete because of the PLAYERS
And? Are you suggesting to throw away (& ban them from 2.5) everyone who registered there before 2016? But hey, they are all from the past! Pathetic.

Mirth wrote:You also completely got my ''grow the f*** up'' wrong, it means leave the past and try new things, new stuff
Now this IS bullshit. Don't even try to fake definitions in such a ridiculous way.
Also, about the "leave the past" part: why are you so obsessed with killing the past? How come you call newer maps better just because they're newer?

Mirth wrote:but of course nonsense has to come first and the desire of roasting is huge and you cannot control it, right?
"Oh no, he is totally right and I have nothing to say! I'll bash him with completely unrelated insults!"
Pathetic. (2)

Mirth wrote:This is anyhow my last post on this topic
Shooting insults, then running away. And you told ME to grow up?

Mirth wrote:narrow minded people are not worth trying to discuss with
You thought this ^ would be too fat to be noticed?

----

Tempus wrote:maps that were played at least 1,500 times would automatically receive a "title" of "Popular". Maps that were played 5,000 times ...
I already see a lot of farming there.
~~~~
NNC

Postby Alica » 5 January 2016, 00:50

Could you two (Mirth and NNC) keep this on topic?
Drop such discussions in private messages,
unless you want to be forced to.
Alica

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 5 January 2016, 15:25

Dark Reaver wrote:The only map which deserves to be approved in PB 2.5 is definitely jibb-epic

But seriously, I think it would be cool to make a category like 'Approved maps in PB2' when PB2.5 will have enough approved maps overall (like 15-20).

And I'm sure you'll look at the now up-to-date approved maps upon the release of PB2.5 the same way as you do at jibb-epic right now...

--By the way, it's likely that Eric will personally make a few ones for PB2.5 with its new features

Wow, imagine even if slow mo maps like matrix and rockets coming back in pb2.5 to get approved :0

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion