Which Approved Maps do you want in PB2.5?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Which Approved Maps do you want in PB2.5?

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 28 November 2015, 19:17

So, some players wanted me to come up with this. On the other topic, I heard something that Kaos mentioned. He said he wanted Approved Classic PB2 map section in pb2.5

So..I will just see which should go by everyones choices. [All the Approved Maps of PB2]

Just nominate your maps. I nominate x deaths realwar map.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: Which Approved Maps do you want in PB2.5?

Postby Terabrion » 28 November 2015, 19:42

Why don't we just wait until PB2.5 is released to make anything related to it?
Rushing things is not good.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby NNC » 28 November 2015, 19:45

Is this about transfering a map with approval flag or without?

Either way, I'm not sure about the point of this topic. Transfer everything or do not transfer anything.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby mingo1 » 28 November 2015, 22:23

I would like to personally see which maps would fit with the game's new mechanics and guns FIRST before making a decision like this.

Those are my two cents at least.

;)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Kratos_ » 28 November 2015, 22:25

Basically my favorite map that deserves to be in both pb2 & pb2.5. Eric Gurt-Railwars1
Being cool is being your own self, not doing something that someone else is telling you to do. - Vanessa Hugdens

Kratos_
Recruit

Postby Monovalent » 28 November 2015, 23:12

I hope none of PB2 maps will be in PB2.5.
Monovalent
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Kratos_ » 28 November 2015, 23:15

Monovalent wrote:I hope none of PB2 maps will be in PB2.5.

Any reason why Silent Phoenix? Its a possibility that your maps will return.
Being cool is being your own self, not doing something that someone else is telling you to do. - Vanessa Hugdens

Kratos_
Recruit

Postby monkeyman2535 » 28 November 2015, 23:32

In Pb2.5 I would like to see approved maps WHICH ARE CREATED BY THE PB2.5 COMMUNITY.
For all I care, every old approved map from PB2 can rot in hell after PB2.5's launch. If we're still dependent on the stale, ancient schlock of PB2 by then, there's no hope for this community or any possible continuation of it.

Kratos_ wrote:

Did you happen to miss the bit where Eric said he would not be doing that?

@Star Fox-- Look, I get you want some good ol' nostalgia in PB2.5, but honestly you would do well to stop perserverating over this. The more we focus on the old stuff, the less we'll be willing to embrace the new stuff. PB2 maps will still be around when PB2.5 rolls around, and we'll always have the memories.
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535

Postby Wasted Time » 29 November 2015, 00:15

@Nexir, don't freepost/go off topic.

@X Mech, same goes to you, do not freepost/go off topic.

@Terabrion, although I would agree with the second (middle) statement, do not be disrespectful to others.
Wasted Time
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 29 November 2015, 01:18

monkeyman2535 wrote:In Pb2.5 I would like to see approved maps WHICH ARE CREATED BY THE PB2.5 COMMUNITY.
For all I care, every old approved map from PB2 can rot in hell after PB2.5's launch. If we're still dependent on the stale, ancient schlock of PB2 by then, there's no hope for this community or any possible continuation of it.

Kratos_ wrote:

Did you happen to miss the bit where Eric said he would not be doing that?

@Star Fox-- Look, I get you want some good ol' nostalgia in PB2.5, but honestly you would do well to stop perserverating over this. The more we focus on the old stuff, the less we'll be willing to embrace the new stuff. PB2 maps will still be around when PB2.5 rolls around, and we'll always have the memories.

Oh I wonder. So, is it useless for eric to approve maps pb2 now? Since PB2 wont be as active anymore when pb2.5 comes out? Would be a waste of time. approved maps will seem like nothing in maybe 2 or 4 months later. Since nobody will see any PB2 maps in 2.5. some pb2 servers will be gone or closed to save eric money. Like I said before, The maps will be redesigned automatically "said by Eric Gurt on tweeter". Even Kayd agreed with it.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 29 November 2015, 01:24

The PB2 maps can be remade in PB2.5. No need to transfer the old and long forgotten maps.
Ghost Killer823

Postby Green eyed Demon » 29 November 2015, 02:14

None,screw PB2's approved maps,we need new better ones

Star Fox McCloud wrote:I nominate x deaths realwar map.

Of course,why am I not surprised

Green eyed Demon

Postby xChakra » 29 November 2015, 03:09

I wont even play this game if it doesn't have the least bit of what made this game good from the start.

This smells of failure.
"Fresh start"
Smh I'm dissapointed in you all.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra

Postby monkeyman2535 » 29 November 2015, 04:06

xChakra wrote:I wont even play this game if it doesn't have the least bit of what made this game good from the start.

This smells of failure.
"Fresh start"

Smh I'm disappointed in this post
if you don't like it you can feel free to leave, son, and nobody will notice or particularly care. You can hang out here playing Stryde-sniper until your eyes bleed and the world will go on spinning and nobody's life will be the worse for it. You epitomize everything wrong with this whiny "we need old stuff back!" attitude. Yuck.
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535

Postby xChakra » 29 November 2015, 04:33

Im just saying, we lose the jumpstart community of people who liked this game BECAUSE of their favorite maps and what they enjoyed on here. When did I say stryde-sniper? I like all the types of maps, but I don't understand why maps like ijer-sector, krow-airburst, dm0, eric gurt-railwars1, spike nitros-smb, shenko-sewers, xfrostbytex-snipezone, mariosonicv-raywars, spike nitros' raygun maps(forgot id), and x death-realwar, this game needs the jumpstart community of people who grew up in this game playing these maps and sharing times.
Start fresh? This game is based purely off the idea,legacy, whathaveyou, of PB2. It makes no sense to me to not have map backwards compatibility, as this is .5, not PB3. A "fresh start" can wait for another game, because the idea of this is to only update PB2 with a stronger engine and revive the community. No reason to kill half of it.
This is completely my opinion.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 29 November 2015, 14:53

xChakra wrote:Im just saying, we lose the jumpstart community of people who liked this game BECAUSE of their favorite maps and what they enjoyed on here. When did I say stryde-sniper? I like all the types of maps, but I don't understand why maps like ijer-sector, krow-airburst, dm0, eric gurt-railwars1, spike nitros-smb, shenko-sewers, xfrostbytex-snipezone, mariosonicv-raywars, spike nitros' raygun maps(forgot id), and x death-realwar, this game needs the jumpstart community of people who grew up in this game playing these maps and sharing times.
Start fresh? This game is based purely off the idea,legacy, whathaveyou, of PB2. It makes no sense to me to not have map backwards compatibility, as this is .5, not PB3. A "fresh start" can wait for another game, because the idea of this is to only update PB2 with a stronger engine and revive the community. No reason to kill half of it.
This is completely my opinion.

People are just so scared of 1 map, stryde-sniper lol. when i said in my previous posts that snipers wont be as good in pb2, Eric said it ffs people barely read and ignore what yu say. But yeah chakra, people should not be happy to get their maps approved since there wont be nothing to do in pb2. All physics will change in pb2 maps and ect. Who wouldnt want to see old maps in pb2.5? Good luck not seeing old players because the ones who havent played pb2 for years wont see nothing special in pb2.5 This will be an example. Super Smash Bros 64 has old nintendo characters. Stages and items were from the characters. Now, Ssb melee, Gameplay changed, alot of new items, old characters came back which made me happy, few new stages, but old stages were in the game still. Ssb brawl, Old characters returned, items, game modes, old characters, old stages, alot of new comers. Now..Sbb Wii U or 3ds. Old characters still returning, items, stages, gameplay, a bunch of new comers, new stages, old and new modes. Alot of old features are still in the lastest game, millions love the games. Just because the old features, items, players, stages and ect returned still. Imagine you saw smb Wii U, and theres no old features. Random characters come in, theres nothing old, no old stages, no old items, no old gameplay. It wont even feel like a smash bros game. People later will ask for an update to being every old thing back. So same goes for pb2.5. Even if no pb2 approved maps dont return in pb2.5, Eventually, PB2.5 forums will be spammed with topics and posts. Sometime later it will happen, because the comminuty will get toxic about it. Inthemood mentioned to me that the people who create pb2 maps in pb2.5 will just steal what the map maker did in pb2.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Wardemption » 29 November 2015, 14:58

I want all the legit approved maps at pb2.5.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby KARL SERG » 29 November 2015, 15:00

monkeyman2535 wrote:
xChakra wrote:I wont even play this game if it doesn't have the least bit of what made this game good from the start.

This smells of failure.
"Fresh start"

Smh I'm disappointed in this post
if you don't like it you can feel free to leave, son, and nobody will notice or particularly care. You can hang out here playing Stryde-sniper until your eyes bleed and the world will go on spinning and nobody's life will be the worse for it. You epitomize everything wrong with this whiny "we need old stuff back!" attitude. Yuck.

Nice Emotional Blackmailing. I believe he has the Freedom to complain since it is the First Step to having something done (although he could have indeed

And we do need Old Stuff sometimes (just not the same Approved Maps).

Ontopic: No Approved Maps should come back to PB2,5. People need to choose what they want again (since almost anything is Variable) unless they want the Staff to convene which Maps should happen (although I'm sure it's going to be the middle way between the two).
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Hikarikaze » 29 November 2015, 17:48

Instead of combing through the list of approved maps deciding which one to bring back, we should focus on which maps should be considered for approval in PB2.5, assuming everything does get transferred over.

In my opinion, the PB2 maps shouldn't be approved but at least transferred over. It could be similar to how Destiny had solved the problem of a fresh start: relegate all old stuff (e.g maps, weapons, etc) to still be playable, but not better than the up-to-date and more newer stuff (although they had brought back some old stuff and updated them). Keep it like this for PB2.5: have the PB2 maps still be around, but don't make them approved. You can still play on them, but maps from PB2.5 should be approved to have something new and interesting to play. Honestly, it's getting boring seeing the same old maps around for 1-4 years now; something new would be nice to see for a change.

Now if you really want some PB2 maps to be approved in PB2.5, then have an equal amount for each category, e.g 1-3 for arena, 1-3 for rails, 1-3 for snipers, etc, though I reckon Eric might make and approve some maps to start off the approved maps list (since that's how I always saw his approved maps as).

xChakra wrote:When did I say stryde-sniper?

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=14904&p=137666#p137666 / http://prntscr.com/98cf0e
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Next

Return to General Discussion