no approved maps transfer...really?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Is it good to bring all the approved maps from pb2 to pb2.5 automatically?

Poll ended at 23 January 2016, 00:02

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 35

Re: no approved maps transfer...really?

Postby Silent Aurora » 25 November 2015, 23:12

Or simply recreate those maps.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby xChakra » 25 November 2015, 23:30

I want stryde-sniper(yeah, deliciously exquisite pizza sauce me right? Just because I like something you thinks is overrated why should I care? :) idiot.) and xfrostbytex-snipezone along with xfrostbytex-matrixsniper and eric gurt-railwars1 at LEAST to be put into pb2.5
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Krutz » 26 November 2015, 03:03

Star Fox McCloud wrote:what about the ones who left pb2 for good over 300 days?

I'm not sure what you're asking me

Krutz

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 26 November 2015, 03:44

Krutz wrote:
Star Fox McCloud wrote:what about the ones who left pb2 for good over 300 days?

I'm not sure what you're asking me

example is spike nitros and cahir, they have been inactive for over 500 days. since they wont be in pb2.5 it will be impossible for them to have their maps in pb2.5

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Terabrion » 26 November 2015, 06:55

Once again, leave the past behind.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ilijah999 » 26 November 2015, 21:49

I agree with what doom said. I don't think you guys would want PB2.5 to end up like PB2: People playing Stryde Sniper for there entire lifetime. Plus, it would give NEW map makers a chance to show off there Map making skills.

ilijah999

Postby Alica » 26 November 2015, 22:41

Wouldn't it be boring to have the same approved maps as in Pb2?
I think so. Pb2.5 would just turn into the same "sniper combat" simulator as Pb2 did. (24/7 stryde-sniper)
Let's start with new unique maps.
Alica

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 27 November 2015, 01:37

yesterday, Fear Kaos said he wants a section of classic pb2 approved maps. but seperated from 2.5 maps. Im guessing there wont be a pb2 editor since 2.5 editor will replace it *shrugs idk.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby artichokecat » 27 November 2015, 20:21

well, if people choose to remake the maps, why not improve them while they're at it?
some of the older maps that we all enjoy playing could use a few updates
artichokecat
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 27 November 2015, 20:59

It'd be a great opportunity to start over and give some new mapmakers some sort of recognition. Besides, they're just maps that come and go anyways - if you really want to play on them in PB2.5 or if you're that dedicated to the map itself, then invest some time into remaking it instead of complaining. You keep your ancient dm0-era maps, and PB2.5 can have its fair share of new maps. Problem solved.

Though it's better to move on sometimes instead of attaching on to trivial things.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Krutz » 27 November 2015, 23:41

Star Fox McCloud wrote:example is spike nitros and cahir, they have been inactive for over 500 days. since they wont be in pb2.5 it will be impossible for them to have their maps in pb2.5

If Cahir or Spike were to come to PB2.5, I think they should have an option (nothing about staff asking them or anything) to transfer their maps, approved or not, to PB2.5

However, back to what I said in the first place, if they want their PB2 approved maps to also be PB2.5 approved maps, the maps should go through some sort of approval system like any other "new-era" map would in Pb2.5

Terabrion wrote:Once again, leave the past behind.

But, why? I don't like the thought of not having a map-transfer system so I can continue my works in PB2.5, it would throw my hard work into the trash

also, repeating your opinion again makes it seem like you're reminding people that their opposing opinions are wrong or obsolete

ilijah999 wrote:I don't think you guys would want PB2.5 to end up like PB2: People playing Stryde Sniper for there entire lifetime.

I don't agree with this train of thought:
Problem: stryde-sniper is so incredibly popular in pb2 to the point where there aren't enough players who don't play the map; solution: anchor the map to PB2 so people who like the map are forced to play other maps in Pb2.5

It's like you're punishing the people who like stryde-sniper, who have done absolutely nothing wrong. Playing a map they like to play, even if "it's the only map that people play," is most definitely not a wrongdoing.

Krutz

Postby Terabrion » 28 November 2015, 01:22

Krutz wrote:But, why? I don't like the thought of not having a map-transfer system so I can continue my works in PB2.5, it would throw my hard work into the trash

also, repeating your opinion again makes it seem like you're reminding people that their opposing opinions are wrong or obsolete

Do I really have to explain the obvious?
It is a new game, new game fresh start.
Having in PB2.5 the same old (because they would be old by then and for the new game itself) approved maps would not make sense, it would seem like we live in the past and nothing else, not to mention the fact that it would not leave much of room for new maps.
The point of the topic itself was this after all
So Eric said that it will depend on map makers decision to have their maps approved in pb2.5 (only if approved in pb2). hm, so alot of inactive ol map makers cant do anything about it. [Inactive for 60+ days or forever] We will miss the old maps lol, even cahirs

That marked in bold proves my point, leave the past and try new things.
Also, it is not that hard to recreate your maps as Sparrow said. I am all up for remaking them all, and I don't have exactly a small amount of maps, furthermore, it gives room for improvement.
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

Postby tehswordninja » 28 November 2015, 02:42

As long as we can bring PB2 maps over to PB2.5, I'm happy.

I'd rather see new sniper maps over old sniper maps in pb2.5. I'm not a fan of sniper maps but you might as well have some new ones to spice things up.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Krutz » 28 November 2015, 05:00

Terabrion wrote:Do I really have to explain the obvious?
It is a new game, new game fresh start.
Having in PB2.5 the same old (because they would be old by then and for the new game itself) approved maps would not make sense, it would seem like we live in the past and nothing else, not to mention the fact that it would not leave much of room for new maps.
The point of the topic itself was this after all

When I asked "why," I implied that what you said isn't necessary. I also don't appreciate that you rudely said the reason behind your opinion as "obvious," implying that I'm some kind of idiot

having pb2 maps wouldnt "take up room for new maps," and pb2.5 is just an update for pb2, so I think we should maintain a bit of flavor from pb2. If people are inevitably going to manually transfer ("copy" i suppose you could say) pb2 maps into pb2.5 maps if there isn't a map-transfer system, why not just make it easy for them and make a map-transfer system like eric is already doing?

I get your point: out with the old, and in with the new. But is it necessary to be "out with the old"? In my opinion, no.

The point of this topic was to discuss the conversion of pb2 approved maps into pb2.5 approved maps, and even though I'm stepping back a bit and talking about maps in general, it's still the same focus: pb2 maps in relativity to pb2.5

Krutz

Postby KARL SERG » 28 November 2015, 10:56

Terabrion wrote:Once again, leave the past behind.

Bad Idea. Some Things in the Past can outclass New Things. All the Maps should be transferred (except the inappropriate (and maybe poorly made) Maps.

I don't make Maps myself because I lack certain Qualities, though; so maybe I might not be the most suitable Person here to theorize that.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Terabrion » 28 November 2015, 12:25

Krutz wrote:The point of this topic was to discuss the conversion of pb2 approved maps into pb2.5 approved maps, and even though I'm stepping back a bit and talking about maps in general, it's still the same focus: pb2 maps in relativity to pb2.5

Do not try to state it as the same focus.
It is not the same saying old PB2 maps being transfered than saying old PB2 approved maps being transfered as approved maps in PB2.5
You should really think about that, that's the point of the topic after all and the only point I try to attack.
I think it is obvious that our approval system is not even better than a huge piece of shit, so moving some maps that are awfully made is a big mistake, not to mention that having the same approved maps as before would not be good, even if it is an update, most likely a whole new game of the same series.
I don't really mind if they are moved from PB2 to PB2.5, but not approved, for deliciously exquisite pizza sauce sake, because if we move some, let's say snipers don't get approved because they were overused, but other maps do. Wouldn't that be unfair and everyone would start complaining about it?
That's why approved maps from PB2 should not be approved to PB2.5, okay if they are transfered, but not approved.
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 28 November 2015, 13:41

Guys, remember when eric said that snipers wont work as good in pb2.5? physics will change, maybe the snipers in 2.5 will discourage snipers. also alot of maps will have a redesign. Textures sand grass and more. they will look like the 2.5 version. A few players yesterday said they want to see how the pb2 maps would look in 2.5, which is cool. I believe you guys think the maps will look the same in 2D and not a single change. But of course every detail of map design will change.
Last edited by Star Fox McCloud on 28 November 2015, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 November 2015, 13:44

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Guys, remember when eric said that snipers wont work as good in pb2.5? physics will change, maybe the snipers in 2.5 will discourage snipers. also alot of maps will have a redesign. Textures sand grass and more. they will look like the 2.5 version.

Thats a good point.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby NNC » 28 November 2015, 15:47

it is not that hard to recreate your maps
Say that to Max Teabag or whoever else has tons of complicated maps.

Terabrion wrote:I don't really mind if they are moved from PB2 to PB2.5, but not approved
[...]
That's why approved maps from PB2 should not be approved to PB2.5, okay if they are transfered, but not approved.
The problem is: a half of people who posted something here have never mentioned the underlined part, and you also didn't mention it in your previous posts.
Because of that, a number of players here sound like "do not transfer any maps to 2.5", and of course other players are trying to counter that - we've already lost the archives of this forum, meaning that the whole database of tactics, tutorials etc is now gone, and it's better to not do the same shit with maps.
~~~~
NNC

Postby Terabrion » 28 November 2015, 16:47

I think actually the archives on this forum were purged, that's all.
Anyways, the point of this topic was about approved maps being transfered and approved. Isn't it?
Eric Gurt wrote:Since I've been asked: PB2 maps will work in PB2.5. I don't plan to remove original PB2 and user-made maps.

I will still support the idea of transfering them, but not approving them. Our current approving system is crap as I said before if I am not wrong.
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion