[Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series.

Should PB2.5 have the jet pack feature?

Yes
34
87%
No
5
13%
 
Total votes : 39

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby Silent Aurora » 23 November 2015, 15:21

maxim12 wrote:
Dont want to play with jetpacks? Dont play with them, SIMPLE AS THAT.


That doesn't stop others from playing it. They are just going to cause more problems like "sky-camping" or spamming your rifle/minigun while going from right to left or vice versa. But that's my opinion.
Silent Aurora
User avatar
Silent Aurora
Forum Veteran [1000]
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: 11 December 2013, 18:09
Location: Hika and sks <3

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby NNC » 23 November 2015, 16:23

Again, how much do we know about jetpacks at the moment? People imagine/expect different stuff, and they vote for what do they imagine/expect.
I think that we would end up with everyone flying sky high and spamming their rifles from here. I think that'd only bring chaos instead of fun/enjoyability/whatever.

maxim12 wrote:it would give new gameplay
New gameplay isn't always a good thing - if it would sux, people would run back to PB2, blaming everyone who wanted such new gameplay.

maxim12 wrote:could be a solution on removing jetpacks from approved maps and keep them only on custom and singleplayer
Why?
maxim12 wrote:because of "Others having fun In teh wrong way!!!1!!1eleven" thing?


maxim12 wrote:All who say they dont want jetpacks are just crybabies
talk for yourself ^ basically same as "everyone who doesn't agree with me is a crybaby"
Maybe they just use their brains to guess how much would those players abuse this feature?

maxim12 wrote:they dont want to accept to be killed by someone who is using jetpack.
Pffft. Using the same logic (if this can be called a logic), I could say that everyone who do want to have jetpacks are n00bs who can't even selfboost and so they need an easy-to-use feature in order to get a chance to kill someone.
~~~~
User avatar
NNC
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 224
Joined: 16 July 2013, 07:18
Location: East Coast Russia

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby KARL SERG » 23 November 2015, 16:24

Wouldn't it be great for someone to have a limited, 2-second Boost for every Time he/she uses the Jetpack?

This could yet be another Engine Mark IMO.
User avatar
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 424
Joined: 17 July 2013, 12:01
Location: Romanian Oligarchic Republic

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby eternal titan » 23 November 2015, 17:28

NNC wrote:Wouldn't jetpacks decrease camping instead, as the players would be able to fly over camper's cover (in some situations)?

Not if the camper is spraying bullets all over the map.
User avatar
eternal titan
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 10 December 2014, 15:55
Location: Earth #NotaAlien

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby Savxir » 23 November 2015, 18:36

Jesus, did I just start a flamewar? Comment was a joke people. Read the rest of it before you go apeshit.
User avatar
Savxir
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 7 July 2014, 03:13
Location: American Union

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby kmo123 » 23 November 2015, 18:55

I do like idea but realistically, it will cause many inconvenient deaths.
Im selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell dont deserve me at my best. ~ kmo123
User avatar
kmo123
Recruit
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 25 July 2014, 10:54

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby Hikarikaze » 23 November 2015, 18:58

This is all an opinion, so don't go insane over it.

I'm honestly indifferent about the idea of jetpacks. Sure, it makes people reminiscent of the jetpacks back in the FttP days, and sure, maybe people will 'camp' in mid-air with them, but at least realize there's solutions to nearly everything.

I think jetpacks would be nice for some maps, where you'd need to access certain areas normally non-accessible. It'd also bring a new level of combat by allowing aerial combat. As for camping in mid-air, I suggest reducing accuracy of all weapons while in mid-air; moving and shooting at the same time should cause the accuracy to be abysmal, requiring skill to land shots and maneuver at the same time. The jetpacks should, of course, be limited, but it should also be customizable, such as how long it can be used for, thrust power, mobility, etc.

Or you could just have a reload system, but that's another discussion for another time.

Personally, I feel jetpacks could allow a lot more people to become mobile throughout maps easily - like how people always selfboosted across maps and such, without the huge skill gap (players not being able to do so versus players who were able to). Jetpacks, in my opinion, should be easy to use, but hard to master - a revamped version of selfboosting that can easily be done by anyone and hopefully everyone if you will.

NNC wrote:Wouldn't jetpacks decrease camping instead, as the players would be able to fly over camper's cover (in some situations)?

Not really. While you could be able to evade enemy fire most of the time, it'll also promote acting as a sentry in mid-air, where players can just camp and hold their position in the air. With the way I see it, it'll be a bit more difficult to kill aerial campers because they can always simply move out of the way and towards another spot, provided they still can if jetpacks are limited. There's quite a lot of tactical uses for a jetpack alone - you can move from one place to another, gain a vertical advantage, and you can even turn yourself into a rocket that rams into people.
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 846
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby maxim12 » 23 November 2015, 19:12

Silent Aurora wrote:That doesn't stop others from playing it. They are just going to cause more problems like "sky-camping" or spamming your rifle/minigun while going from right to left or vice versa. But that's my opinion.


Yes i know it can be abused, BUT, do you know that jetpacks have limited fuel? Heck, the fuel on jetpack is not even recharging. You can use jetpack only 15 seconds, I would even limit it to 7.5 - 10 seconds because i think 15 is just too much.

I suggest you to read Eric gurt's twitter.

NNC wrote:Why?


So we avoid those players who will complain about how "OP" and abusive we're jetpacks in approved maps.

Or yet better make it as option when you create a new match, enable/disable jetpacks, seems to be fair.

NNC wrote:Pffft. Using the same logic (if this can be called a logic), I could say that everyone who do want to have jetpacks are n00bs who can't even selfboost and so they need an easy-to-use feature in order to get a chance to kill someone.


*Sighs* so in your opinion we should not add jetpacks to the game because It's same as selfboost and It's more easier to use...

You're wrong. We want jetpacks because we want new content, not because "We dont know how to kill". And i know how to selfboost just perfectly as you're, and yes, i sometimes use it at the needed moment.



I have almost twice more kills than deaths (ALMOST), Promoted rank. And you say i dont know how to kill? Dafuq? Your argument is invalid. Yes ofcourse there are players with hell alot more kills than me, but thats because i very rarely enter this game and even more rarely do even play approved maps, I'm not one of those tryhards who sit and play those over-populated sniper maps 24/7 hours a day. (I almost never play ranked, I'm not intersted in PP's.)

And btw, Is it so hard to just simply avoid joining matches with maps that have jetpacks? There are going to be maps that does not have jetpacks you know, join them, as simply i do; i avoid joining sniper matches. but heck does not mean i want sniper themed maps (Stryde-sniper) to be removed.

maxim12
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:56
Location: Israel, Haifa.

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby KARL SERG » 23 November 2015, 20:30

There should be 2 Versions of Jetpack IMO:

1. One that can be used to give some boost for a short Time for the Player using it and would function as some kind of Jump (or jump boost if used Midair). This should have a Recharge amount equal to the Double of its Duration (Boost Duration: 2 Seconds; Cooldown: 4 Seconds, for example). Imagine this as some kind of Raze 2/3 Katana Swing Ability, but it effectuates a Double Jump/Jump Boost instead of a Melee Attack. (maybe J should be assigned for Independent Melee?)

2. One that can be used continually for up to 10 Seconds (or more if customized) and would allow proper Aerial movement instead of simple Boosting. The Cooldown Principle should be similar (double, but customizable; it could even be turned Off if convened).
User avatar
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 424
Joined: 17 July 2013, 12:01
Location: Romanian Oligarchic Republic

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby ilijah999 » 23 November 2015, 21:10

I want them. I messaged Eric Gurt about them, and it can be disabled by pressing X or by the map maker ATM he said.

ilijah999
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 July 2013, 01:08

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby BenXShield » 23 November 2015, 23:18

NNC wrote:Again, how much do we know about jetpacks at the moment? People imagine/expect different stuff, and they vote for what do they imagine/expect.
I think that we would end up with everyone flying sky high and spamming their rifles from here. I think that'd only bring chaos instead of fun/enjoyability/whatever.

And then you judge me for having limited knowledge on the jet pack feature?

maxim12 wrote:it would give new gameplay
New gameplay isn't always a good thing - if it would sux, people would run back to PB2, blaming everyone who wanted such new gameplay.

New gameplay wouldn't suck, 2.5 could be put into beta, it is not an update for PB2.

maxim12 wrote:All who say they dont want jetpacks are just crybabies
talk for yourself ^ basically same as "everyone who doesn't agree with me is a crybaby"
Maybe they just use their brains to guess how much would those players abuse this feature?

Yet again, you are pointed out to be a hypocrite. You can't judge someone about the limited knowledge of the jetpack feature and then say "guess how much would those players abuse this feature?"

maxim12 wrote:they dont want to accept to be killed by someone who is using jetpack.
Pffft. Using the same logic (if this can be called a logic), I could say that everyone who do want to have jetpacks are n00bs who can't even selfboost and so they need an easy-to-use feature in order to get a chance to kill someone.


Enlighten me on how jet packs are for people who can't self boost. Who even confirmed that you use jet packs to get up in the air, of course it can be used for that but not that only. There are tons of things it can be used for. Ex. boosting up in the air --> getting shot --> then using your jet pack to land or to fly away.
:P :D

BenXShield
 

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby plasma88 » 24 November 2015, 01:48

You guys that are trying to enforce the claim that it should be restricted in multiplayer. I see your argument clearly. But you guys need to understand that in approved maps, with jetpacks it will only get approved if it's 110% sure that the jetpacks wont be game breaking, + I think implementing jetpacks will add a great diversity to the multiplayer meta. C'mon guys, we need some change!

plasma88
 

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby tehswordninja » 24 November 2015, 02:55

KARL SERG wrote:There should be 2 Versions of Jetpack IMO:

1. One that can be used to give some boost for a short Time for the Player using it and would function as some kind of Jump (or jump boost if used Midair). This should have a Recharge amount equal to the Double of its Duration (Boost Duration: 2 Seconds; Cooldown: 4 Seconds, for example). Imagine this as some kind of Raze 2/3 Katana Swing Ability, but it effectuates a Double Jump/Jump Boost instead of a Melee Attack. (maybe J should be assigned for Independent Melee?)

2. One that can be used continually for up to 10 Seconds (or more if customized) and would allow proper Aerial movement instead of simple Boosting. The Cooldown Principle should be similar (double, but customizable; it could even be turned Off if convened).

Yeah, like a booster pack, and a normal jet pack.
I honestly don't mind jetpacks, new features are always nice, and you can always just not use them :p
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
User avatar
tehswordninja
Moderator
 
Posts: 695
Joined: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Location: Witty tagline

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby NNC » 24 November 2015, 06:40

maxim12 wrote:I suggest you to read Eric gurt's twitter.
You're not one to say this...

maxim12 wrote:Or yet better make it as option when you create a new match, enable/disable jetpacks, seems to be fair.
In one hand, that could be a solution. On the other hand,
Eric Gurt (there) wrote:It's better to stick to single gameplay which will be good for all players and not to that which will separate players.


maxim12 wrote:
NNC wrote:Pffft. Using the same logic (if this can be called a logic), I could say that everyone who do want to have jetpacks are n00bs who can't even selfboost and so they need an easy-to-use feature in order to get a chance to kill someone.


*Sighs* so in your opinion we should not add jetpacks to the game because It's same as selfboost and It's more easier to use...

%the rest of butthurt%
Calm down, it was just an example of why one shouldn't claim everyone who has a different opinion as "crybaby" or "noob" or whatever.
(1.7 KDr is quite low, btw)

maxim12 wrote:Is it so hard to just simply avoid joining matches with maps that have jetpacks?
What if there'd be literally no matches w/o jetpacks? (And isn't that too early to talk about such things? We don't know how would that turn out.)



@KARL SERG @tehswordninja
I'd merge those 2 into one and allow them to actually have recharging fuel. This way the players would be able to choose what do they want to do with their own jetpacks - to fly to the opposite side of the map and then wait for the fuel to recharge, or to have somewhat-small boosts every few seconds.
(But that's just an opinion, too.)



ilijah999 wrote:and it can be disabled by pressing X
Nobody's saying that jetpacks would be active forever.



@BenXShield
Next time specify which part of the message you are replying to. I just don't understand what are you talking about.
~~~~
User avatar
NNC
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 224
Joined: 16 July 2013, 07:18
Location: East Coast Russia

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby Arc_ » 24 November 2015, 07:34

I agree with Karl Serg. There should be two kinds of jetpacks — a short boost jetpack for 'moon jumps' and a more permanent jetpack which have two versions: a one with limited fuel which can be set by the map-maker. An enginemark should decide whether it recharges over time like energy and such.

Arc_
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 1 February 2014, 00:12
Location: The Internet

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby xChakra » 24 November 2015, 23:41

This is actually pretty badass, I really like the design and how it matches character color-scheme.
Way to go Eric.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
Loading...
User avatar
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 188
Joined: 31 December 2013, 01:49

Re: [Poll] Jet Pack feature for 2.5 | Is it good or bad?

Postby nightmar » 17 May 2019, 11:58

eternal titan wrote:
NNC wrote:Wouldn't jetpacks decrease camping instead, as the players would be able to fly over camper's cover (in some situations)?

Not if the camper is spraying bullets all over the map.


I think they will be unable to spray bullets or spam because there will be limited ammo

nightmar
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 2 September 2017, 19:36

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users