Remember when mods used to roam free in mp?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Remember when mods used to roam free in mp?

Postby drosebush » 18 November 2015, 04:30

I certainly do. I've noticed that almost no staff members really have the time to play the game freely, that and there are always hot messes that get stirred up in the multiplayer rooms thanks to the absence of staff. Just today, i was called a trendwhore, gay (NOT, that there's anything wrong with being gay, it's just that i'm not) and was told i play pb2 because of the events in paris. Pure immaturity at its best. Heck, they're probably dropouts themselves throwing random insults at random users hoping to get a kick out of it. Not pointing fingers (as I'll let these events today slide), but staff need to come back to mp matches since moderating chat is no longer part of the site. Y-know unless you're busy of course. In which case I'll understand, what with the development of PB 2.5 and all!
:)

Edit: Fixed line spacing on the last line. OCD pls! ;_;

drosebush

Re: Remember when mods used to roam free in mp?

Postby Terabrion » 18 November 2015, 07:49

It's obvious you don't know shit...
It's as simple as reporting the player who insulted you.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Silent Aurora » 18 November 2015, 08:55

Actually mods do play the game but at different times. Can't expect them to be on 24/7 because we are human at the end, not AIs.

Now, if that does happen then take screenshots and report the player. Or send the screenshots directly to a moderator via forum/site inbox and he/she can be handled.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby guest-electric fish » 18 November 2015, 12:46

yes i do. i rarely see them act like normal users because they are busy. i saw once Wasted Time in bosscat1-house and Alica on the same house
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby KARL SERG » 18 November 2015, 15:44

I met Monovalent a few Times in MP Fight Matches.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Wardemption » 18 November 2015, 15:55

Seen dairy once with blek in one of blek's map.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby eternal titan » 18 November 2015, 16:31

Oh certainly I do remember!;
For little more than a minute..
The thing is, you need to know how to act in situations like these. Taking a screenshot and PMing a staff is the best way (Unless all the staff hates you D:)
eternal titan
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby drosebush » 19 November 2015, 00:01

I was in a good mood that day, and I had decided to let the incident slide, as I didn't want to get questioned. :P

drosebush

Postby Roxxar » 19 November 2015, 00:05

drosebush wrote:I was in a good mood that day, and I had decided to let the incident slide, as I didn't want to get questioned. :P

What's the point of "letting an incident slide" if you're just going to complain about it publicly anyway?
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby drosebush » 19 November 2015, 00:54

To show that there is a legitimate reason, other than having someone to spend time with, for staff to play on the server. Plus, the staff are good players, and most of the time play things other than railwars. Not a big fan of playing on the cali server, as i get kicked for lagging every time i join (130 ping).

drosebush

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 November 2015, 01:04

The staff aren't robots that monitor this place 24/7 - that's been established since nearly forever yet people still don't seem to grasp the entirety of that (not saying that you don't but you know what I mean). You can't force them to play and moderate the game - they'll do so when they have time to do so. How would you feel if someone kept asking you to do something when you don't have time to do it?

If there's little to no staff in-game, help them out by taking a screenshot or recording a video and just send it to them via PM instead of expecting the staff to hold your hand through situations that you could've handled yourself with the press of a key or two on your keyboard in their absence.

Seriously, it's extremely simple.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Civil-Lite » 19 November 2015, 21:28

I saw some staff in the game.

I remember few months ago i was banned by one of them. Cant remember who. Next was I #rekt Wasted Time in one of the Approved matches when i saw him later in swords he started denying everything LOL. Cant beat da facts man. Another time i saw Silent Auror in 707 swords, guess wat? , #rekt her too. I remember seeing Tempus in a Titanic Boat map, he said if i shot him he would kick me so yea it wernt worth it. Thats all i remember.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby I LOVE STAFF » 19 November 2015, 22:13

nahhhh i dont remember.

I LOVE STAFF

Postby PigsCanFly » 20 November 2015, 02:41

The only staff I see often is mingo1. The rest idk but anyways I think they should play the game as much as they visit the forums, so they know what's going on in there.
Do not expect mercy from a player who doesn't show it.

Spoiler: Show More
And it's not only me.
PigsCanFly
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mingo1 » 20 November 2015, 08:06

Thank you for the acknowledgment my friend, I certainly did play quite a bit in my position as a Moderator.

I can't speak for the other Mods, but they're serving their job as best as they can and are only human. Being on 24/7 isn't much of a possibility.

Next time, as aforementioned by my buddy Silent Aurora, if you see a player disrespecting others or yourself in-game, don't wait for the mods to catch him; take matters into your own hands! Screenshot it and report the guy; on top of that, message a moderator so you can MAKE SURE they notice it and get the player punished for their rude remarks in-game.

Thanks!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Return to General Discussion