this doesnt make any sense.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: this doesnt make any sense.

Postby Hikarikaze » 9 November 2015, 02:47

Fiery_Blade wrote:Not sure I could call a 5 minute sniper map a "good map."
It's just popular and that's about it.

The amount of time spent making a map doesn't necessarily denote how good the map is, because it's a personal opinion and nothing more.

A map made in 1 minute may be phenomenal to me, but a map made in 3 days might be straight up terrible in my opinion. Same applies when vice versa.

On-topic (assuming my response above isn't), I agree with this:
MoseSnYpEr21 wrote:i think even if inactive the maps should transfer

As long as there's some new names out in the map-making community and as long as there's some new and interesting maps out there to try out (without most of them being buried by the same maps over and over again ofc), I'm fine with transferring all of the maps. There's quite a bit of great classic maps still out there, and it'd be great if PB2.5 had them, just for old memories' sake.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby The Demian » 9 November 2015, 14:59

Fiery_Blade wrote:kdendidn'tknowamsry

k am gonna go make a sniper map on this alt and get super famous xdddddd

Very Mature. 10/10, examplar mod, keep it like that.

No, stryde-sniper is overrated, time to inovate at least a little.

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Terabrion » 9 November 2015, 17:08

The Demian wrote:
Fiery_Blade wrote:kdendidn'tknowamsry

k am gonna go make a sniper map on this alt and get super famous xdddddd

Very Mature. 10/10, examplar mod, keep it like that.

No, stryde-sniper is overrated, time to inovate at least a little.

Listen to this man, the truth itself has been said.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ilijah999 » 9 November 2015, 18:13

See, yes stryde sniper is a good map. But its been overused. I dont want people to go from pb2 to pb2.5 playing the SAME maps. That would ruin PB2.5 and make it seem like PB2.5 is PB2.

ilijah999
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 9 November 2015, 18:16

ilijah999 wrote:See, yes stryde sniper is a good map. But its been overused. I dont want people to go from pb2 to pb2.5 playing the SAME maps. That would ruin PB2.5 and make it seem like PB2.5 is PB2.

Trust me,even with stryde-sniper on PB2.5,people will NOT only play that map because from what I've seen,levels will be a lot more creative,let's hope Eric manages to get slopes into the game and there you have another great level editing element

Green eyed Demon

Postby ilijah999 » 9 November 2015, 18:29

Trust me,even with stryde-sniper on PB2.5,people will NOT only play that map because from what I've seen,levels will be a lot more creative,let's hope Eric manages to get slopes into the game and there you have another great level editing element

I hope so...I could MUCH more creative maps with slopes...

ilijah999

Postby Krutz » 9 November 2015, 20:35

i personally think [ stryde-sniper ] shouldn't be just ignored in pb2.5 just because it was a popular map in pb2

I understand that people don't like the fact that [ stryde-sniper ] is extremely popular and that it "hogs" the players who could be trying new maps, or whatever the case may be

but the suggested solutions to the "excessive popularity" of [ stryde-sniper ] are just plain foolish:

[ stryde-sniper ] needs to be anchored in pb2 and not continue into pb2.5
or
[ stryde-sniper ] needs to be deleted, so players who frequently played in that map are forced to play in new maps

I think the fact that "solutions" even exist for a map made by a normal player is completely silly because I don't see [ stryde-sniper ] as a "problem"

In my opinion, i think the map is excellent, but I don't like playing in it. However, since people seem to like it quite a lot (and I still like the map), I would definitely like to see it in PB2.5.

It's not the players' (who play in the map) faults that they play a map that they like, so punishing them is ridiculous. It's not their faults that there are so few people playing the game for there to be enough players who happen to NOT like the map

This is probably disregarded by most, but executing either solutions would just throw stryde's dedication into the trash. he does not need to be punished because he made a popular map

If I had an insanely popular map, I wouldn't want some dude to just say "hey, let's delete krutz's friggin map, it's too damn popular" and for people to actually carry out actions parallel with that form of behavior

Krutz

Postby DoomWrath » 9 November 2015, 20:44

I think it should not be treated any different from any other map. On top of that, I think that the current approved maps should not be approved in PB2.5 - it's a new game, why keep the stale maps around and approved.

That's if map approvals will even work on the same system as they do in PB2. Honestly it's far too early to even be having this type of conversation.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby exotic__ » 9 November 2015, 23:25

Its never to early for anything Mr. Doomwrath.

exotic__

Postby ELITE ANDROID » 10 November 2015, 02:47

DoomWrath wrote:I think it should not be treated any different from any other map. On top of that, I think that the current approved maps should not be approved in PB2.5 - it's a new game, why keep the stale maps around and approved.

That's if map approvals will even work on the same system as they do in PB2. Honestly it's far too early to even be having this type of conversation.

Here is a man who understands the point. Referring to what i said one page ago, PB2.5 should be based with these new people who want better maps, all of us old map creators aren't really coming back, I could name a bunch of people on the top of my head who made some great maps[not me I had like some of the glitchiest maps ever omw] but aren't playing the game anymore, Like, im telling you right now, Max is the only person from BoZ I can remember who atleast looks at the website every once and awhile.
Make Me Better
Make Me Stronger
Make Me Elite
Make Me Faster

iElite
Never Back Down

Im one of them March 2011 Players, Ill tell you now, BoZ back then was lit

ELITE ANDROID
Recruit

Postby xChakra » 10 November 2015, 19:51

In all honesty, pixelbyte, if the majority out rules your opinion, then... who cares? They like what maps they like, the desire to play this is FED upon new players, as obviously they enjoy this map more than anything else. This community isn't dying because of the map selection, it's dying because it's poorly managed, advertised, negative, and its old. Games don't last forever, this has very out-lived its purpose, and it's still what I call, alive.
Be happy with what you got.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra

Postby ilijah999 » 10 November 2015, 20:54

See if PB2.5 does allow people to export there maps, I would hope they would UPDATE it with some new feature.

ilijah999

Postby Fiery_Blade » 11 November 2015, 00:09

As long as it doesn't become so commonly played as it is right now, then we're good, imo.

Offtopic: sorry about my offtopicness, that is what you get when you add one very tired tehswordninja and a few do its from the staff team.

Fiery_Blade

Postby pixelbyte » 11 November 2015, 00:14

I shouldve never posted that messgae, cuz now i caused drama.

xChakra wrote:In all honesty, pixelbyte, if the majority out rules your opinion, then... who cares? They like what maps they like, the desire to play this is FED upon new players, as obviously they enjoy this map more than anything else. This community isn't dying because of the map selection, it's dying because it's poorly managed, advertised, negative, and its old. Games don't last forever, this has very out-lived its purpose, and it's still what I call, alive.
Be happy with what you got.

No clue what your talking about.

pixelbyte

Postby Terabrion » 11 November 2015, 00:22

[quote="pixelbyte"]I shouldve never posted that messgae, cuz now i caused drama.
A discussion is not drama, get your facts right...
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby pixelbyte » 11 November 2015, 00:41

Terabrion wrote:
pixelbyte wrote:I shouldve never posted that messgae, cuz now i caused drama.

A discussion is not drama, get your facts right...

Looks like drama.

pixelbyte

Postby ilijah999 » 11 November 2015, 00:47

Pixel this is a DISCUSSION. Drama is something like...OMG....PIXEL LIKE GUYS (Just an example.) And then people get all crazy over it. DRAMA. This discussion about PB2.5 is not drama. Its very good talk sir.

ilijah999

Postby pixelbyte » 11 November 2015, 00:56

ilijah999 wrote:Pixel this is a DISCUSSION. Drama is something like...OMG....PIXEL LIKE GUYS (Just an example.) And then people get all crazy over it. DRAMA. This discussion about PB2.5 is not drama. Its very good talk sir.

Oh okay.

cuz this is a discussion about stryde-sniper not pb2.5 but k

pixelbyte

Postby xChakra » 11 November 2015, 01:36

The definition of Drama has been lost in all the adjectives leading up to such.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra

Postby Dark1791 » 11 November 2015, 02:29

God damn, xChakra has the right idea. No one takes 'drama' to mean anything here anymore. Like 'racism' its become a meme used to discredit anything percieved to be negetive or controversial.

Regarding the topic: Stryde sniper shouldn't be approved. Nowadays approved maps should be complicated, decorated and fun. Stryde sniper is a product of the old days where maps were lower quality. It definitely shouldn't be approved in 2.5 if anything.
Last edited by Dark1791 on 11 November 2015, 02:38, edited 4 times in total.

Dark1791

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion