Map of the year (EVENT CANCELLED.)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Map of the year (EVENT CANCELLED.)

Postby ilijah999 » 8 November 2015, 00:52

WEEK 1: 11/7/15 to 11/14/15

I decided to create a event called "Map of the year" (MOTY). Here the the rules and instructions:

WEEK 1: Submissions

Every can post there choice of map (3 MAX) that should be entered to win MOTY. Now there will be 3 different categories:

Single Player: Can only be played by one person. And needs at least 10 votes to be entered in the event.

Multiplayer: Can be played by max 16 people and must have at least 15 votes to be entered in the event.

Series: Can be a SP series. Must have at least 2 or more to be entered and ONE of the maps need at least 10 votes to be entered in the event.

Now the map has to made either from last year or this year. Older maps will not be accepted.

The submissions will only last 1 week. You can submit your own maps.

WEEK 2: Reviewing the maps

5 judges will be picked to decide which 10 maps will continue to the final voting. To be a judge you must have a LDR of 10.00 and higher. The top 10 maps will then be placed in the middle of this post for people to try out and play.

WEEK 3: The MOTY!!

The top 10 maps will then be placed in the final voting polls. For 1 week you will vote for the map that should win MOTY. After the week ends the results will be placed here:

First Place winner:

Second Place winner:

Third Place winner:

Good luck to all you awesome map makers out there.

My 2 maps are:

Series: Final Burst series (http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=i ... &id=633646) and Winters Wrath (http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=x ... &id=503748)
Last edited by ilijah999 on 8 November 2015, 14:31, edited 2 times in total.

ilijah999
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Map of the year (EVENT)

Postby Garuda 1 » 8 November 2015, 04:33

ilijah999 wrote:My 2 maps are:

Series: Final Burst series (http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=i ... &id=633646) and Winters Wrath (http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=x ... &id=503748)

Please do not double post. If need be just edit this information into the first post.
We are all we need, baby can't you see? In the end we all ought to be where we belong~
Emmerian Air Force ~:~ Eastern Region Air Defense ~:~ 8th Air Division ~:~ 28th Fighter Squadron
Go dance with an Angel!
Garuda 1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Krutz » 8 November 2015, 06:02

i think this event is a little ridiculous and extremely flawed

you say that in order for a map to be submitted, it must have a said number of votes. i suppose this is an implication of votes being accurate indicators of a map's quality—which is utterly false

ilijah999 wrote:Now the map has to made either from last year or this year.

How would you accurately determine a map's age?

You also say that "judges" will be picked to determine which maps ultimately rise among competition. The only basis that you say the judges will be based upon is level developer rank. LDR is absolutely not an indicator of proficiency as a map developer

lastly, i believe a year is way too long of a time period. a month, although still too long in my opinion, is probably the best unit of time for this event

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Terabrion » 8 November 2015, 12:51

What I can see in this post is another attempt to advertise your map.
This ''event'' is not worth my time, I just came to point that out as my honest and most clear opinion.ç
Goodbye and in case someone locks it: Inb4lock.

Note: Basically Krutz pointed it all above.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to General Discussion