Should Stryde Sniper be Converted into a pb2.5 map?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Should Stryde Sniper be Converted into a pb2.5 map?

Postby pixelbyte » 7 November 2015, 16:13

title says it all.

Personally I don't.
Last edited by pixelbyte on 7 November 2015, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

pixelbyte

Re: Do you think stryde-sniper be converted into a pb2.5 map

Postby Silent Aurora » 7 November 2015, 17:15

Not really, I know pb2 maps can work on pb2
5 but idk about conversion.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Re: Should Stryde Sniper be Converted into a pb2.5 map?

Postby Roxxar » 7 November 2015, 18:23

Why not? It's a PB2 map. Why should it even be CONSIDERED for exclusion when:

1) It's a PB2 map without anything profane, inappropriate, or rule-breaking.
2) It's a regular map made by a regular person.
3) It's a common map that many people play.
4) It's a famous example of a category of maps that people play.

I see absolutely zero reason why stryde-sniper should not be allowed in PB2.5
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Silent Aurora » 7 November 2015, 18:30

If you read what I said, all pb2 maps work on pb2.5 so no one is excluding stryde-sniper.

Its up to the map creator if he wants to make a pb2.5 version.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Hikarikaze » 7 November 2015, 18:37

The only *almost invalid* reasoning I can see with people wanting to exclude stryde-sniper is the average 'omg snipers are overrated xd' and the typical 'we need more maps other than stryde-sniper :c'

I personally don't like the map, but I don't want it excluded. There's just no point nor any real/valid reason to do so, plus it's just a map that doesn't do any harm to anyone whatsoever.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby pixelbyte » 7 November 2015, 18:43

k let plazma burst 2.5 be ruined with a overrated sniper map.

pixelbyte

Postby PigsCanFly » 20 November 2015, 03:08

I think stryde-sniper is way too damn overrated. You see, one of the only approved maps people play now is stryde-sniper. No one really cares about other maps, other than those DM maps that get boring after a while. All K/D-obsessed competitive players go to stryde-sniper. This map alone brings all other maps down. I'm not saying it's not good. I'm not saying you shouldn't play it. I'm saying that we should be more open to other types of maps. The maps that people make, and get approved but after that get little attention. Approved maps that few people play are as good as unapproved maps, because people wouldn't even play on that map but rather go to more popular maps to increase their K/D. Stryde-sniper also has camping spots which haven't been removed for more than a year, has a generic layout which all other sniper maps now have, and gets boring after you play it for more than a year!

Spoiler: Show More
Dat chain-reaction cliché.

So you ask me, why do you still play stryde-sniper? I play it only to increase K/D, and I play it only because everyone else is playing it. Then why not play the DM maps? DM maps have loads of damn tryhards (e.g. iFusion) with zero concern of other's experiences. Playing on those maps only decreases K/D (unless you're one of those tryhards), not increase it. If you're lucky enough not to run into them while playing these maps, good for you!

That said, I think stryde-sniper should not be even be in PB2.5. It ruined PB2, and many players are not even playing the game because of this map (if they hate this map they won't play it, but then there're almost no other popular approved maps to play in) and also all of the boring base and school maps which cannot even help your K/D. PB2.5 should be open to newer maps, newer players and a larger variety of approved maps that people can play on to increase their K/D and have fun at the same time. It's a new update, so why not?
Do not expect mercy from a player who doesn't show it.

And it's not only me.
PigsCanFly
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Buzzard 1 » 20 November 2015, 07:55

Of course it will be imported along with every other map that has been made. Even if it didn't, Stryde or someone else could just recreate it.
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ustopable » 20 November 2015, 08:05

If sniper yipee kiyay will be imported then yes
If not then stryde can find an alternative like replacing it with railgun well it will just change into railwar
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Monovalent » 20 November 2015, 13:32

PigsCanFly wrote:Chakra Stupid tryhard. This topic is meant for the map, not your stupid boasting.
NNC Whose username has only 3 letters wtf?
Besides flame war and off-topic posting I guess there's nothing you do here anyway right?

You're the one who has nothing to do besides flaming and shitting other users. Leave it.
Chakra and NNC, no need to provoke him. Please keep the discussion polite.

On topic: I can only say that I hate it when people prefer old school maps over this big variation of well designed maps we have right now. Stryde-sniper should be converted into 2.5, but it should never be approved there as well as all the other poorly designed maps that players usually play.
Monovalent
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby drosebush » 20 November 2015, 14:01

PigsCanFly wrote:Chakra Stupid tryhard. This topic is meant for the map, not your stupid boasting.
NNC Whose username has only 3 letters wtf?
Besides flame war and off-topic posting I guess there's nothing you do here anyway right?

And here we go, this community brought to its freaking knees again by nothing more than drama. This is why I quit pb2 in the first place, to ensure that my sanity remains intact. When PB2.5 comes out, hopefully, with the new and improved plazmaburst, the community will also improve.

PigsCanFly wrote:I think stryde-sniper is way too damn overrated. You see, one of the only approved maps people play now is stryde-sniper. No one really cares about other maps, other than those DM maps that get boring after a while. All K/D-obsessed competitive players go to stryde-sniper. This map alone brings all other maps down. I'm not saying it's not good. I'm not saying you shouldn't play it. I'm saying that we should be more open to other types of maps. The maps that people make, and get approved but after that get little attention. Approved maps that few people play are as good as unapproved maps, because people wouldn't even play on that map but rather go to more popular maps to increase their K/D. Stryde-sniper also has camping spots which haven't been removed for more than a year, has a generic layout which all other sniper maps now have, and gets boring after you play it for more than a year!

Dat chain-reaction cliché.

So you ask me, why do you still play stryde-sniper? I play it only to increase K/D, and I play it only because everyone else is playing it. Then why not play the DM maps? DM maps have loads of damn tryhards (e.g. iFusion) with zero concern of other's experiences. Playing on those maps only decreases K/D (unless you're one of those tryhards), not increase it. If you're lucky enough not to run into them while playing these maps, good for you!

That said, I think stryde-sniper should not be even be in PB2.5. It ruined PB2, and many players are not even playing the game because of this map (if they hate this map they won't play it, but then there're almost no other popular approved maps to play in) and also all of the boring base and school maps which cannot even help your K/D. PB2.5 should be open to newer maps, newer players and a larger variety of approved maps that people can play on to increase their K/D and have fun at the same time. It's a new update, so why not?

In any case, it is a popular map, and I say with a few tweaks, and the addition of a new sniper rifle, I say that stryde-sniper can stay. However you do have a point with this. Currently, there are very few ranked matches that I see, that aren't eric gurt-railwars1, eric gurt-railwars2 and stryde-sniper with INSANE 65+ Ranking. I suggest that at least some people try to play other maps rather than leaving just a few matches on the washington server.

Edit: By request of Monovalent, two posts were merged.

drosebush

Postby guest-electric fish » 20 November 2015, 14:07

i think that stryde sniper which it is a classic map should be there although stryde will decide if he wants or not. if he won't then it doesn't matter because there are many other sniper maps. if yes then he can add colors and what else he wants. his opinion will matter
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Terabrion » 20 November 2015, 16:03

Monovalent wrote:I can only say that I hate it when people prefer old school maps over this big variation of well designed maps we have right now. Stryde-sniper should be converted into 2.5, but it should never be approved there as well as all the other poorly designed maps that players usually play.

Basically this says it all.

pixelbyte wrote:k let plazma burst 2.5 be ruined with a overrated sniper map.

Why do you start a topic if you are going to cry about other people's opinion that it should be converted?
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby maxim12 » 20 November 2015, 22:46

I dont want this map to be removed, I just dont want this map to be too much over-rated.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Ghostehz » 21 November 2015, 02:11

You guys act like one single map will destroy PB2.5. Half of you ranting about this map being a cancer sound like whiny b!tches who either 1. Were never good at this style of combat in the game or 2. Never saw the bigger picture of this map.

Sure, it may be mainstream, but you can't argue that it sure did bring a shock wave of activity in the game. People liked it. And as stated above, someone will always duplicate it regardless so

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby xChakra » 21 November 2015, 02:18

I like the idea of, making the id xChakra-sniper and migrating votes to my pb2.5 profile
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to General Discussion