Update on The Revivalist Project

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Update on The Revivalist Project

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 02:25

So as many of you know, the Revivalist Project has recently entered Phase II (starting from October 16th), however we were unable to make much progress due to the demands of school and such.

Here's a small update on where we are so far to show that this Project is still going, along with some extra information:

- The Revivalists have accumulated 227 members! Members' List is located here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IeI ... sp=sharing

- The Revivalist Project is still making major updates on certain issues on our YouTube channel. Link is here for those of you who forgot it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCskx4X ... 5Ps2xF42VA

- Map IDs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16mn ... sp=sharing

What do we currently have in mind?

We're hoping to upload the next Revivalist video by tonight or tomorrow night regarding Phase II. Afterwards, Mingo and I will create a new topic for the Revivalist Project as we did with the old forums before they were deleted.

Phase II is a lot more experience-oriented and calls upon the most change and awareness on PB2. For those of you who have been in PB2 since the beginning, you guys especially have a huge opportunity in voicing out your opinions here: issues such as the ranking system, map ID distribution, gameplay and community factors are all going to be discussed once Mingo and I can organize all of this together on an official topic(s).

Our prime directive will be to use the members we have accumulated thus far to engage in major discussions regarding certain problems and such. In doing so, we can all perhaps reach a consensus for a perfect idea formed by most of the community to work for most of the community. Then, we hope that Staff will cooperate in relaying our polished ideas to Gurt, who could perhaps implement such ideas into PB2, if not, PB2.5. In doing so, we're trying to make your opinions matter; to give voice to those who have helped make this game what it is today.

At the very least, we hope to get people talking and active in discussing certain issues respectfully with one another, so we can truly function as a community. With all of our unique experiences combined, we're bound to learn something from each other and perhaps understand the game a bit more.

That's mostly it for now. Regarding Phase I, of course, that will still be ongoing as well. We hope you guys (Revivalists or not) will play other maps to help bring back some color on the servers. Recently, there has been a slight increase of map variety even in Wash, but we certainly can do better. As the saying goes: "Best is good enough."

For now, this topic is mostly to show you guys that me, Mingo, and many other Revivalists are still trying to make change happen. So many people are putting so much effort and faith into this Project; we will do everything we can to ensure we will not fail.

We would like to thank both the majority of Staff and the community for being there with us, and still being there. You guys really keep us going, and we will do our best to ensure your trust and time will not go in vain.

We are still here. And we hope you guys are too. This is our best and potentially last shot at something like this. Let's make it count.

~Spirit

EDIT: PHASE 2 VIDEO HAS BEEN RELEASED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqDR0mVeREY
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Update on The Revivalist Project

Postby xChakra » 30 October 2015, 02:30

Inb4 hate comments, "omg itll never work" "omg ur project is hopeless and will go nowhere."
To all you pessimists, watch my example, making my life, and post, actually worth something! :)

Anyway,
Being a GeNo member, and being a big supporter of the revivalists, I'm happy to see we've entered phase 2, and even if we failed, the effort will always be remembered spirit. Even if you fail, people can still look back and say, hey, he tried to make a difference! Instead of complaining about the community being dead.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 02:33

xChakra wrote:Inb4 hate comments, "omg itll never work" "omg ur project is hopeless and will go nowhere."
To all you pessimists, watch my example, making my life, and post, actually worth something! :)

Anyway,
Being a GeNo member, and being a big supporter of the revivalists, I'm happy to see we've entered phase 2, and even if we failed, the effort will always be remembered spirit. Even if you fail, people can still look back and say, hey, he tried to make a difference! Instead of complaining about the community being dead.

Thanks Chakra. Hopefully many others think this way, and we'll do our best to pierce through the hopelessness the community has felt for so long. In such times, your words mean a lot to us; I'm proud to have you as a part of the Revivalists and as a member of GeNo.

Keep on truckin'. :)
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Sniper J » 30 October 2015, 02:35

I couldn't agree more with you chakra. We've put in a lot of effort into this project and even if it does fail, it's the fact that we gave our time to try it. I applaud Spirit for doing this and you all should too.

Sniper J

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 02:35

Sniper J wrote:I couldn't agree more with you chakra. We've put in a lot of effort into this project and even if it does fail, it's the fact that we gave our time to try it. I applaud Spirit for doing this and you all should too.

Thanks Jay. :)
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby xChakra » 30 October 2015, 02:37

Also spirit, the situation you're in, I can easily relate to, college and parents bullsh-t. Please, don't take all the stress this time. Remember, you have me, mingo and 100+ other users.
xChakra

Postby Sniper J » 30 October 2015, 02:37

spirit9871 wrote:
Sniper J wrote:I couldn't agree more with you chakra. We've put in a lot of effort into this project and even if it does fail, it's the fact that we gave our time to try it. I applaud Spirit for doing this and you all should too.

Thanks Jay. :)

It's my pleasure to help you and I will help you see this through until the end.

Sniper J

Postby iDrone » 30 October 2015, 02:48

Howdy do there spirit.
I enjoyed that talk I had with you, maxy, and sas the other day. If you can get that kind of thing happening more often, it'd be a lovely thing indeed.
Best of luck to ye.
iDrone

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 02:53

xChakra wrote:Also spirit, the situation you're in, I can easily relate to, college and parents bullsh-t. Please, don't take all the stress this time. Remember, you have me, mingo and 100+ other users.

We'll do our best Chakra. It'll be rough, but as long as the community has hope, then we will be there to do our best to make our ambitions a reality.

iDrone wrote:Howdy do there spirit.
I enjoyed that talk I had with you, maxy, and sas the other day. If you can get that kind of thing happening more often, it'd be a lovely thing indeed.
Best of luck to ye.

Agreed. That's the dream. And thanks for the support. :)
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Wardemption » 30 October 2015, 17:30

Saw a lot of guys with revivalists tags and a lot of revivalist matches in all servers. Great job trying to keep Pb2 alive! You guys can do more better when Pb2.5 releases.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 17:31

KLMJETWORK wrote:Revivalists are doing a good job. I hope it does stay that way.

Also, 0 map variety in Europe. All Stryde-Sniper.

Glad to hear we're doing something right, heh.

Europe is certainly problematic, in that their population is the smallest on competitive maps. This makes the chances of making a variety of maps popular there slimmer than they already are. Goes the other way around too; low map variety causes low population/interest.

Basically put, we're facing a double-edged sword here regarding Europe and even Wash. Cali is easier since a large bulk of the community plays there. But as for Wash and Europe, things can get rough. We hope to find a solution to this problem in the future, but most of the results must come from the players themselves.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Sniper J » 30 October 2015, 17:33

KLMJETWORK wrote:Revivalists are doing a good job. I hope it does stay that way.

Also, 0 map variety in Europe. All Stryde-Sniper.

Europe usually isn't a lively server during the week. It only becomes more active on the weekends.

Sniper J

Postby xChakra » 30 October 2015, 17:34

80% of cali players are unaware that there are other servers.
20% of cali are europeans.
40-50% are South American(70% can play even Wash ranked)
Rest are american. So we have a lot to work with.
xChakra

Postby Silent Aurora » 30 October 2015, 17:50

Where will those discussions be held?
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Sniper J » 30 October 2015, 17:52

California is the most active server, Wash is only active for ranked and EU is active whenever it's active.

Sniper J

Postby xXOgMonkeyXx » 30 October 2015, 21:42

Good job so far, wish you the best of luck!

xXOgMonkeyXx

Postby mingo1 » 30 October 2015, 23:01

Silent Aurora wrote:Where will those discussions be held?

We will figure this out in due time.

xXOgMonkeyXx wrote:Good job so far, wish you the best of luck!

Massive thanks!

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 23:05

Wardemption wrote:Saw a lot of guys with revivalists tags and a lot of revivalist matches in all servers. Great job trying to keep Pb2 alive! You guys can do more better when Pb2.5 releases.

For sure! We hope that with the 2.5 release, more players can return and give us a wider variety of options; thanks for the support thus far! :)

Silent Aurora wrote:Where will those discussions be held?

We're hoping to have a Section of our own on the forums titled "The Revivalist Project," where we can make topics regarding certain aspects of the game as well as sharing our experiences there to form interesting solutions. Even if this does not work out, we will still continue using the Discussion section of the forums as our main means of communication as well as the YouTube channel to showcase major updates.

Hopefully, we can get this ball moving soon after Mingo uploads the next Revivalist video announcing the start of Phase II.

xXOgMonkeyXx wrote:Good job so far, wish you the best of luck!

Thanks man! We'll do our best! :)
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Civil-Lite » 31 October 2015, 11:11

Lets hope us (R)s can keep PB2.5 and PB3 alive as long as we can. We can do this people!! ALL 4 1 and 1 4 ALL!
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby guest-electric fish » 31 October 2015, 11:36

this job goes so much well that Eric gurt heard you and he went on action. good job. i hope your work continues to make him make pb3
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Next

Return to General Discussion