Update on The Revivalist Project

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Update on The Revivalist Project

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 31 October 2015, 12:48

The reason why the revivalists will fail is not because there are people "Hating" on them for what they are doing, its because pb2 is boring plus everyone is waiting for PB2.5, In my opinion pb2 could have been saved but its too late now, it could have been saved if the ping limit in ranked matches was removed.
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby spirit9871 » 31 October 2015, 15:49

Lord Blue Blood wrote:The reason why the revivalists will fail is not because there are people "Hating" on them for what they are doing, its because pb2 is boring plus everyone is waiting for PB2.5, In my opinion pb2 could have been saved but its too late now, it could have been saved if the ping limit in ranked matches was removed.

KLMJETWORK wrote:Actually, LBB just reminded me that what is the point? PB2.5 might be coming as early as next summer.

I'd like to make something clear since I've noticed a lot of people saying this recently.

Yes; PB2.5 will be (hopefully) coming soon and PB2 will most likely be empty as people adjust to the new game. But the point of the Revivalists isn't just to strictly focus on PB2; obviously if 2.5 comes out and we're still around, we'll be there to help 2.5 develop during its early stages. In doing so, we can hopefully prevent the same problems we have seen and are still seeing in PB2. I believe I mentioned this in our most recent video on the Revivalist Project channel on YouTube in fact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dweykHlBH8k

While we would obviously like to "revive" PB2 by making it as active as it was before, that isn't our only major focus. The Revivalists are hoping to create a system where groups of people can congregate on certain problems regarding the game and create solutions; giving power to the voices of the people. In doing so, we boost our awareness of how PB2 or 2.5 functions as well as bring the community a little closer.

Regardless if it's going to be PB2 or PB2.5 or PB3 and regardless of the player population, there will most likely still be glaring problems that need to be addressed. The thing with the Revivalist Project is that since we have so many people here to support it by also sharing ideas, our credibility with our ideas increase and Gurt's more likely to hear them out, respond to them, and implement them.

So no. We're not just focused on PB2; the Revivalist Project will adapt to whatever comes next. 2.5, the way I see it, is a great opportunity to make change happen as well considering how many people are planning to return then. But if we start working now to diagnose problems with PB2, then we'll at least start to know what we can prevent in 2.5.

So until then, we're still here.
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 31 October 2015, 16:01

spirit9871 wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:Where will those discussions be held?

We're hoping to have a Section of our own on the forums titled "The Revivalist Project," where we can make topics regarding certain aspects of the game as well as sharing our experiences there to form interesting solutions. Even if this does not work out, we will still continue using the Discussion section of the forums as our main means of communication as well as the YouTube channel to showcase major updates.

Having your own section could work out, but doing it in discussions should be fine and I can't wait till discussions begin. I have a few things I want to bring up.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby spirit9871 » 31 October 2015, 16:22

Silent Aurora wrote:
Having your own section could work out, but doing it in discussions should be fine and I can't wait till discussions begin. I have a few things I want to bring up.

Discussions would work, but the only concern I have is that these Revivalist topics will most likely be buried under a barrage of other user topics. A section could also help show that Staff is serious about this as well aside from wearing the R tags, increasing faith into the Project.

Great; I await your ideas with anticipation. For now, we just wait for Mingo to upload the next Revivalist video. :)
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 31 October 2015, 16:31

spirit9871 wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:

Discussions would work, but the only concern I have is that these Revivalist topics will most likely be buried under a barrage of other user topics. A section could also help show that Staff is serious about this as well aside from wearing the R tags, increasing faith into the Project.

I'll have a talk with the admins and see what we can do.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby spirit9871 » 31 October 2015, 17:42

Silent Aurora wrote:
I'll have a talk with the admins and see what we can do.

Appreciate it. If you guys can make this work, it would make things a lot more easier to organize.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mingo1 » 1 November 2015, 03:56

PHASE 2 VIDEO HAS BEEN RELEASED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqDR0mVeREY

We will be discussing the ranking system as our first topic in the Update Ideas section for you all to view and comment on.

Massive thanks for your continued support!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby spirit9871 » 3 November 2015, 03:54

We've made our first Phase II topic here. As we stated before, this is going to be a massive one to really get some gears moving: the ranking system!

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=14650

Read through the original post and leave feedback on it or other replies. All thoughts will be accounted for and compiled to reach general conclusions about certain issues.

Together, we hope to prevail over the ailments of this game. Let us prove to ourselves the strength of this community.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hazardous48 » 28 December 2015, 20:58

Spirit,I've tried to get my clanmates (Delta Force) to put the (R) tag,but they don't listen.One time I said I'll ban myself if they don't put it...And in the end,didn't work.Banned myself 1 hour.I hope some of my clanmates will put it.Hope I helped a bit :D
My PB2 Life
Spoiler: Show More
Hey guys,I'll be telling you how I found out PB2 existed.I was 15 and I liked gaming.I was playing Raze and at one point,my friend Alex told me about a game like Raze,but with multiplayer.I asked him ''What's the name of it?''.He didn't know the full name,but he only knew it's 2nd word was Burst and the number is 2.I remembered that I played a game called ''Plazma Burst:FTP''.I thought it might be the sequel,so I googled 'Plazma Burst 2'',and I saw 'plazmaburst2.net'(NOT ADVERTISING!).I used the website until I got AFK and I didn't play for a LONG LONG time.I discovered there was a offical website,I registered by the name ''Linxus'',and bam.It amazed me.I passed the campaign the day before my account got lost.I was Advanced Marine on Linxus.Then I registered 'DeadlyHronos'.I passed 25 levels,and one day,I went into the Multiplayer Unranked Unaprooved.I met B.Bowman there and she was my first friend.After time,I went into the chat and,still with Linxus,someone recruited me to Deadcampers,it was Kiriguraya.I logged into DeadlyHronos again,and I went on.That day when Linxus got lost,I used DeadlyHronos.Time went by,and DeadlyHronos also got lost.Then I made iPegasus.I was very happy because the name was not used.On May 31st,2015,I went into a match called 'DF Recruitment PW:1'.I talked to xMorganax and I asked can I stay.She said yes.Along with another clanmate,we did missions and training.She finally made me a member.Then,when I quit DF for some time,I updated my rank to Lite.I was very happy I got Lite.And now,As iPegasus got lost,I use Hazardous48.That's my story,ya'll.I hope you had fun reading it.And as always,keep smiling,buraz :D .

http://prntscr.com/9uoqxc

lolwut?
Hazardous48
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Monovalent » 28 December 2015, 23:28

Hazardous48 wrote:Spirit,I've tried to get my clanmates (Delta Force) to put the (R) tag,but they don't listen.One time I said I'll ban myself if they don't put it...And in the end,didn't work.Banned myself 1 hour.I hope some of my clanmates will put it.Hope I helped a bit :D

Please don't necropost.
Monovalent
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Previous

Return to General Discussion