Feedback to our PB2 Staff

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Feedback to our PB2 Staff

Postby Hikarikaze » 31 October 2015, 17:51

The Demian wrote:
KLMJETWORK wrote:Exactly. An AFK self loving etc...

Subtle, but true indeed.

True indeed, though I wouldn't go as far as to label him as that. It's not worth insulting him any further because he's gone (which I seriously doubt), but that seems to describe it perfectly.

I seriously hope that no staff member ever follow the path he took: always AFK, made frequent mistakes, dodging things left and right, and not to mention the literal BS he pulled right before he left. I even noticed earlier this year that he spent more time elsewhere than on PB2, which really highlighted how much he really cared about the position.

iPoisonzZ wrote:I meant that they should recruit people with some prior recognition in PB2 before they get promoted

Poison pls

I barely had prior recognition and I was still promoted, though I see why you'd want the admins to recruit people with recognition. I'd personally be more comfortable with a team full of staff members that I'm familiar with or have at least heard of before - unknown random people on the team don't really seem to do much in regards of that, though that's just me.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Sniper J » 31 October 2015, 17:53

Avil wasn't a bad moderator, he just wasn't the best.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Syringe » 31 October 2015, 18:03

Hikarikaze wrote:
iPoisonzZ wrote:I meant that they should recruit people with some prior recognition in PB2 before they get promoted

Poison pls

I barely had prior recognition and I was still promoted, though I see why you'd want the admins to recruit people with recognition. I'd personally be more comfortable with a team full of staff members that I'm familiar with or have at least heard of before - unknown random people on the team don't really seem to do much in regards of that, though that's just me.

Staff should be promoted based on merit, not necessarily how close/friends they are towards the other staff or players. That would be cronyism and possibly lead to poor quality staff members. I do think prior knowledge of the game should be a factor; I certainly wouldn't want someone who's only known the community for a month being staff. But whether staff/players really know him well or not shouldn't really matter.
/0
Syringe
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 31 October 2015, 18:30

Syringe wrote:Staff should be promoted based on merit, not necessarily how close/friends they are towards the other staff or players. That would be cronyism and possibly lead to poor quality staff members. I do think prior knowledge of the game should be a factor; I certainly wouldn't want someone who's only known the community for a month being staff. But whether staff/players really know him well or not shouldn't really matter.

I worded that wrong, my bad.

I didn't mean being familiar with staff as in being close to them or being friends with them - just familiar as in being known for something, though I personally wouldn't prioritize that above everything else. This probably sounds contradictory, but I agree with staff being promoted based on merit too.

If I was an admin, I'd probably prioritize knowledge of the site/forums/game first, behavior/maturity second (maybe first as well), and recognition last. I'd rather take someone mature and knowledgeable about the game than someone who's immature but the greatest map maker in the world.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Previous

Return to General Discussion