Feedback to our PB2 Staff

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Feedback to our PB2 Staff

Postby mingo1 » 29 October 2015, 00:25

The word "staff" has arisen an absurd amount in other topics (mostly in unnecessary scenarios)...
Therefore, I've decided to let us dump all the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM we've got for the staff here.

I'll be keeping a keen eye on this topic to gather up all the feedback.
Additionally, the team will take anything they see into account and adjust what you guys feel is wrong with what we've been doing.

Thanks!

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Re: Feedback to our PB2 Staff

Postby xChakra » 29 October 2015, 00:31

Please, I've said this in other topics, YOU ARE THE EXAMPLE. If you want the community to be whatever you want it to be, ACT THAT WAY.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby cruzrjoh2 » 29 October 2015, 00:46

:( Mingo 1 Is The Best Of All The Staff. The Rest Of The Staff are good too
You wouldn't download a sock
cruzrjoh2
Recruit

Postby Wardemption » 29 October 2015, 00:49

^ Lol.. Nvm I respect all the staff here until they are good, mature and friendly but if not then no.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby Hikarikaze » 29 October 2015, 00:54

Staff's doing alright imo. I'm planning to note down some observations in the future whenever I get the chance to.

Right now, I have no problem, though I want to see some more interaction between the staff and users, aside from your typical everyday conversations, and see how that goes. Something like more events or just events in general would be enough.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby gordonwater » 29 October 2015, 01:10

Dear PB2 Staff,
You might get complaints about me being a hacker. But they're wrong. PM me and you'll find out the real good reason :). Just don't ban me

gordonwater
Recruit

Postby cruzrjoh2 » 29 October 2015, 01:15

I will say that the mods are doing great
-nothing about admins
-nothing about support team
-mods are the most fun
You wouldn't download a sock
cruzrjoh2
Recruit

Postby Syringe » 29 October 2015, 01:32

Occasionally you have users who get the staff position by basically being elitists and only talking to staff members and being as prudish and puritanical as possible, to the point where they aren't friendly or understanding. If someone's goal is just to get the position by the cheapest way possible - being an arrogant little prude - then they don't deserve it. The overwhelming majority of the staff are friendly people and this does not apply to them.
/0
Syringe
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Wardemption » 29 October 2015, 01:53

LOL, D00d. Doesn't mean they are robots though ._. Acting like robots, yeah.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby The Demian » 29 October 2015, 03:18

- Improve the communication bettween you and the players, interact more, get them know you more, make friends outside staff bubble.
- Be carefull with sarcastic/agressive replies here.
- http://prntscr.com/8ubgyv Dont do this kind of stuff.
- Get rid of the robotic protocole because its totaly bs and contradicts the first statement.
Otherwise im fine with your moderation, and so far i see you are applying our suggestions (Polls for example)

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Roxxar » 29 October 2015, 04:00

The Demian wrote:- http://prntscr.com/8ubgyv Dont do this kind of stuff.

Also a note, don't ALLOW this stuff. You can't/shouldn't just say "he did it not me" because that's not a viable excuse for a team working together (despite how distanced a few of you already seem).
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mingo1 » 29 October 2015, 04:18

Roxxar wrote:
The Demian wrote:- http://prntscr.com/8ubgyv Dont do this kind of stuff.

Also a note, don't ALLOW this stuff. You can't/shouldn't just say "he did it not me" because that's not a viable excuse for a team working together (despite how distanced a few of you already seem).

Just to clear this up, I can assure you (as a Moderator on the team and being with them for 2+ months) that we're a close group of people. We all work together and know each other extremely well. None of us are distant, however, players don't see that (as you just mentioned, Roxxar).

"He did it not me" or "I'll let him deal with it, not my fault" are words nobody on the team has ever dared to type. I apologize for doing that to Demian, 'twas a bad joke and it won't happen again.

Moreover, if an unfair decision is made or a person on the team wrongly warns/kicks/bans someone, trust me, it's things we discuss and things we address as a unit of people (a team).

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Riften » 29 October 2015, 04:51

mingo1 wrote:The word "staff" has arisen an absurd amount in other topics (mostly in unnecessary scenarios)...
Therefore, I've decided to let us dump all the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM we've got for the staff here.

I'll be keeping a keen eye on this topic to gather up all the feedback.
Additionally, the team will take anything they see into account and adjust what you guys feel is wrong with what we've been doing.

Thanks!

:)

Considering the PB2 Chat is disabled, why not make the purpose of staff to spectate public & private matches? Since Eric says farmers are the main reason why we don't go to the other better* systems, staff should monitor the servers.
Riften
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby The Demian » 29 October 2015, 05:39

Forgot:
Mods role should not be sex matches closing exclusive, because many mods search for them, close them, and then close pb2 tab. Try going more onto approved maps, ive seen many people insulting each other there.

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Buzzard 1 » 29 October 2015, 05:51

Please take in mind that you are the only more friendly leaning staff members, with possibly tehswordninja being the least nicest. So I think it is safe to say that you can shed light for the community as I look forward to seeing it will be better soon and to be much more an open community that all of us can be happy with in Plazma Burst 2.5. Try to keep in touch with people like us, be the nicest as possible and more importantly indeed 'human'. Most of us should understand that all(some) staff have feelings to.

The staff shall improve a bit more and not become the previous old set of staff members that been too overstrict or yet doesn't understand the staff procedure. And I see that is slowly progressing.
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 29 October 2015, 12:12

KLMJETWORK wrote:Staff need to act more like a human and less like a robot.

What he meant is that the staff team needs to discuss with each other if a rule is not fair and not just act upon it without thinking (just like the corrupt police irl).

and what chakra meant was
the staff shouldnt do this http://prntscr.com/8ubgyv and if they do they need to take responsability for their actions like a normal mature responsible sovereign being who has the ability to control his actions and think for himself.
Last edited by Lord Blue Blood on 29 October 2015, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 29 October 2015, 12:15

KLMJETWORK wrote:
Lord Blue Blood wrote:
KLMJETWORK wrote:Staff need to act more like a human and less like a robot.

What he meant is that the staff team needs to discuss with each other if a rule is not fair and not just act upon it without thinking (just like the corrupt police irl).

No, that is NOT what I mean.

Thats how i analyzed it, but if thats not what you meant then what did u mean m8
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby BloodShed04 » 29 October 2015, 12:21

The staff were too lazy and too small to moderate the chat,when they are away,flamewars begin.
There is one thing that has to be done to the mods....
Drink Caffinated Stuff Already!

Im Back Boiz!
BloodShed04
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby guest-electric fish » 29 October 2015, 12:36

well. our staff are fine and they trying to fix pb2 but they must care about all not just for one
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby DoomWrath » 29 October 2015, 16:42

So what I'm seeing is:

- Be less robotic
- Be less aggressive/sarcastic and more human with warnings
- Do some events
- Monitor the game more

I agree that those things would make a big improvement - now I need support from all of you to make this happen.

When you feel a warning is rude or harsh, use the report feature, and I personally can view the warning as it happens. Without that, I don't know it's happened and I can't then step in and let the guy know to chill out some more.

About the game, mods should be online actively moderating for at least 10 hours a week - of which 5 hours should be ingame. Support Team should be the ones who are interacting more on the forums, HMs are more game focussed, and generally set an example to the mods, answer simple questions and make small decisions. Admins do a bit of everything.
So what's going to happen is, any mods who don't or can't moderate in-game for any reason, and aren't needed for on-site duties, will be moved to ST. In future, any STs who can't play a lot of multiplayer won't be moved to moderator.

Now, let's talk about events. We've tried tournaments/map contests multiple times, all of them fail due to lack of interest. What kind of events would you all be interested in?
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Next

Return to General Discussion