Making PB2 a better place

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Making PB2 a better place

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 21:32

Isn't that how everyone replies?

I guess you feel justified thinking you have much more of a pair than anyone because you outright insult people.
Making an effort =/= Failing.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Terabrion » 26 October 2015, 21:50

xChakra wrote:Isn't that how everyone replies?

I guess you feel justified thinking you have much more of a pair than anyone because you outright insult people.
Making an effort =/= Failing.

If you think so then you have no idea what you talk about, I also can tell the hypocrisy in all your words.
I don't need a pair in order to express an opinion, but this one is much more like a truth, because I still don't find any sense in your posts, you're not being clear, not even explain things well with examples. May I have to remind you how you used to act when getting banned? Hope not.
I will also stop going off-topic and ignoring you, as it is not worth the time I have spent writing to a wall, for me it feels like discussing with a christian.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby wreak » 26 October 2015, 22:58

xChakra wrote:Counter-Exhibit A.

Tim is on the internet, Tim gets his panties in a bunch, and tells someone not to get their panties in a bunch to defend his claim that has no support unless directly attacking the user. @Green Eyed Demon.

Why did you point fingers to Green Eyed Demon?! You didn't need to fuel the discussion and plus I never seen Green Eyed Demon do this at all!

Terabrion wrote:for me it feels like discussing with a christian.

You didn't need that last part though :sorry:
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Terabrion » 26 October 2015, 23:17

wreak wrote:You didn't need that last part though :sorry:

I just want to let it be clear, from previous experiences discutting with a christian in certain topics is like discutting to walls, no offense.
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

Postby Silent Aurora » 26 October 2015, 23:22

Lets not go off topic now.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby wreak » 26 October 2015, 23:36

Terabrion wrote:
wreak wrote:You didn't need that last part though :sorry:

I just want to let it be clear, from previous experiences discutting with a christian in certain topics is like discutting to walls, no offense.

None taken.

Also about the topic, we need more mods to patrol the matches. Although you may only find guests, its still worth it to try it out. Since pb2 isn't really new, everyone who mainly plays flash games probably already knows pb2 so advertising isn't a good idea.
wreak
wreak

Postby Alica » 27 October 2015, 00:17

wreak wrote:... we need more mods to patrol the matches. Although you may only find guests, its still worth it to try it out.

What we need is a working ingame-censorship, not more mods. :sorry:

wreak wrote:advertising isn't a good idea.

Publicity is always a good idea. :D

In general, im unsure if Eric will even publish one or more updates for PB2. Most likely, he won't. Since he is clearly working on PB2.5.
Alica

Postby The Demian » 27 October 2015, 03:43

Alica wrote:Receiving shiptons of PMs and messages, doesnt matter if on chat or in inbox messages, with gratuitous comments and even sexual harassment doesnt really show me that users want help or even a sign of confidence from my side.
Yeah, there are exceptions, but a huge party of the community did do those things ive listed up there.
(with gratuitous comments i did mean stuff like: ,,i hate you/youre a bad mod.'')

Recieved almost none of those, because of my plan for the community. Like i said its a long term procces, changing all the community minds. Of course every game has its trolls/kids, hence why we need to get rid of them.
Alica wrote:ReceivingThe point of what i did write up there is, its pretty exhaustive to deal and/or help a community which is trying to get on any staff-members nervs every 10 minutes via ban evading and other poop. The community has to bring up some changes from their side too. And yes, there might be some problems in staff team. But we cant carry out those problems with just kicking half of the team out.
We, as a common community, have to carry out all problems together. Complaining about things 24/7 wont make anything better.
[/size]

Also pointed out its a mutual change, Some users need to cooperate with the team to make this a better place.

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Terabrion » 27 October 2015, 08:01

The Demian wrote:Some users need to cooperate with the team to make this a better place.

Cooperate with the team... To realise sometimes they won't do shit? I'm a clear example of it.
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 27 October 2015, 12:29

Alica wrote:
wreak wrote:... we need more mods to patrol the matches. Although you may only find guests, its still worth it to try it out.
What we need is a working ingame-censorship, not more mods. :sorry:

In my opinion anyone who uses the internet is a mature and Thick skinned person and saying imaginary acts that never happened like "i f**ked your mom" wont offend them but its true there are many under-age people around the internet and in my opinion their parents shouldnt be allowing them to use the internet because it is a known fact that there are certain stuff children shouldnt see so it is the parents responsability if their under-age kids see a "bad" word which in reality is just a delusion too for example the word f**k is just the reason why we exist and the word sh*t is just something we all do so you get my point. and it is true that i used to report people for saying these kind of words because i was taking advantage of the unfair system but that was then and this is Now, people need to grow up and get some thick skin because thats the only way you can deal with these kind of retarded people.
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby iDomino » 27 October 2015, 15:52

-ban all nubs(jk)
-kick all campers
-delete player points
-delete top 100
-delete legends list
-xat chat in the website
-Meet n' greet with eric gurt?
my signature was really big and ugly so it got removed
iDomino

Postby Silent Aurora » 27 October 2015, 16:12

Terabrion wrote:
The Demian wrote:Some users need to cooperate with the team to make this a better place.

Cooperate with the team... To realise sometimes they won't do poop? I'm a clear example of it.

To be honest, the staff and community need to create a strong bond with eachother, then they can cooperate and work things out a lot easier than just be in rage all the time.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 27 October 2015, 16:54

Silent Aurora wrote:
Terabrion wrote:

Cooperate with the team... To realise sometimes they won't do poop? I'm a clear example of it.

To be honest, the staff and community need to create a strong bond with eachother, then they can cooperate and work things out a lot easier than just be in rage all the time.

Trust is needed for that,and I have my doubts.

Green eyed Demon

Postby Silent Aurora » 27 October 2015, 16:59

Then we need to work on trust. Just little things that we can improve on, then the long-term effect should be there is a stronger bond and we are able to cooperate with eachother.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 27 October 2015, 19:06

Silent Aurora wrote:Then we need to work on trust. Just little things that we can improve on, then the long-term effect should be there is a stronger bond and we are able to cooperate with eachother.

Its true the community did many bad things which caused the trust between the staff-community to vanish, But that does not mean the staff team never did any mistake, we all are humans, we all make mistakes, we should learn from each other's mistake instead of showing off how smart you are because somebody else did a mistake, we all have been wrong about many things and it is time for us to grow up and move on and accept the fact that maybe the community is wrong about some things and maybe the staff team is wrong about some things, we shouldnt act this way "You should always defend the community" or "You should always side with the staff even if they are wrong".

Also not to act like i am siding with the community but the staff team could help by following their own rules, It is unfair to ban or reset or disable somebody's account because he shared it then if the person is in the staff team, to be precise in the site support to go away with it, that is applied to the community too, also some people in the staff team should have some guts and point out if somebody in a higher rank than them like an admin makes a mistake or if a rule is unfair and should be edited.

But again i want to point out that i am not siding with anyone here, i am just saying facts and applying logic and common sense to the situation.
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 27 October 2015, 21:13

I think a big problem is that the players don't seem to believe or accept the team's apologies when we do deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up - which 100% does happen, we are humans too.

They will then drag things up from the past, an example being one particular player who still won't drop the BoZ demotion topic - they were demoted because one of them was abusing tools to further their clan, and none of them would fess up to it. They were given the chance to rejoin the team a week later, but they themselves chose not to. That issue was closed and solved a year and a half ago, yet is still brought up. I think people need to stop focussing on the past and move on.

People also need to stop holding the team to their double standards. If a player can get away with a snarky comment against the team, then why can't we throw some sass into our replies? If you're polite with your complaints we'll be polite with our responses - again, we're not robots built to deal with round the clock baseless insults, and we're not paid to do it either.

Certain players post a great deal of overthought, overdramatized topics about how the staff team are killing the community, doing more damage with each post than good. Today we've seen an example of what happens when we then call people out on their topics, with a certain user freaking out and creating more sensational-type topics about the incident instead of using PMs and sorting qualms quietly.

Then topics like this happen - a lot of talking about why the staff should change to fit their needs, a lot of talking about what could be done, a lot of talking about "remove half the staff to fix everything" and really, it's all just bullsh-t. Nobody at all is willing to sit down and chat to me directly about the specifics of what they'd like to see happen. Nearly 2 years now, and maybe 3 people have done that. People just like to make their dramatical posts and suck up their popularity gained through bashing a common enemy that really seems to have been chosen due to some incidents that have happened long in the past - demoting abusive staff members, an old HM who was insulting to others (and isn't even on the f-cking team anymore), apparent 'double standards' that allow the staff to 'not follow their own rules', the list goes on.

Again, I need specifics. "Don't follow their own rules"? Which rule? Which topic? Which staff member? Screenshots? Logs? Anything? I invite the next player to reply with their drama-filled post to chat to me one on one with me about how they'd go about solving these issues.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby wreak » 27 October 2015, 22:15

@Doomwraith
the reason why users do this is to talk about the issues we have here, it only angers us when nothing happens.
wreak
wreak

Postby DoomWrath » 27 October 2015, 22:20

wreak wrote:@Doomwraith
the reason why users do this is to talk about the issues we have here, it only angers us when nothing happens.

I've sent you a PM. We shall discuss this further.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby xChakra » 27 October 2015, 23:52

Doom is right, and you know it. Now apparently, I am a staff dickrider, even though I've been banned countless times, but I agree with doom.(I know, f-ck me right?) People talk a bunch of sh-t about each other, not just staff, and get butthurt at each other, then make dramatic, cry for me topics(yeah, i've done this bullsh-t, at least I learned, eh kids?) and since everyone is the same, twister minded, cry-babish, and complainy, because they don't have a pair to go directly to a staff member about it, and when a staff member does get into the conversation, they just insult them, because like i said, they don't have the balls to have an intelligent conversation about staff issues. You know why? There is no intelligence!

Also, Doom, requiring users to be nice first is some bullsh-t aswell. That's like a parent telling a kid, i will be disrespectful and neglectful to you since you want to do the same to me. That child will end up being more and more disrespectful since it becomes the only environment the child has been a part of, and asking any difference is ridicule. YOU THE TEAM, are the examples, show yourself friendly and it might change the community, instead of showing hidden anger and frustration, be chillax about things, don't sound boring and monotone like the people on telepohone services.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra

Postby wreak » 28 October 2015, 01:28

The staff isn't their parents or role models, same with the government and the people. You're not going to be influential if you're talking bad to the community
wreak
wreak

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion