Making PB2 a better place

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Making PB2 a better place

Postby wreak » 26 October 2015, 01:40

iPoisonzZ wrote:-Replace half the staff and actually consult the community more
-Try and regenerate the community

I have to agree with xChakra with this one, We can't remove a staff because he made a mistake. All we can do is point out the mistake they did and nothing happens then we can say that the staff is unworthy of their position.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Terabrion » 26 October 2015, 02:22

Well, let's begin. I'll be quick in this post.

First we've got something that's been around since 2011, and that is those innappropiate matches, you can find an example in this video (while also having some laughs, as well as facepalms).
Spoiler: Show More

Second, an inefficient moderation system, this includes the staff itself, and I won't give names -because some of them should already know who they are-. Simple things as trying to do your best to help an user who lost his account by contacting someone superior to you, either an administrator or the developer himself, aren't being done, or at least not the proper way.
Rules being changed, sometimes it seems they are changed in order to accommodate bloomers made in the past.

xChakra wrote:Oh my god, you all are such apes. You all are too selfish and self-absorbed and think you're always right, to not even for a second think that YOU might be part of the problem?

Yes, we are all a part of the problem, aren't you? Insulting others won't make you different. I'm sure they all know about their mistakes, yet they don't need to point someone else's mistakes, like you did right there (I haven't seen you blaming yourself as part of the problem). I am one of the most toxic players around, and I recognize it, but, do you? No, I haven't seen you admiting this. That, is hypocrisy. First look at your own mistakes before pointing out other's

Trying to find a solution to this huge problem is not even close to easy, it's been long time and we are reaching a point of non-return.
Anyhow I would like to point out some replies that mean some people have bothered to do something, no matter if they failed or not, at least they tried.

Hik's post almost sums it all.
Hikarikaze wrote:Fixing internal staff problems was something I was trying to work on in the past. Just never used the right ways to get it done honestly.

Though staff problems and a broken community can be correlative, since staff are voluntary community members. If you have a majority of the community acting civilised and mature, you could see a staff team acting more along those lines more often since it's more commonplace than immaturity, in reference to the majority example. Same could be said for immaturity being the majority.

Of course, and this can be debatable, how the team performs breaks down to both individual effort/performance and a collaborative effort/performance - it's like a machine with gears: if one gear malfunctions or stops working, the rest becomes affected. Only real problem is how one would go about fixing said gears, especially when innumerable problems have, has, and will exist.

It's not that possible to fix the community because we're just people that act like how we've been raised to act as/act like the things we see daily. It's not the community's fault that people act like idiots. That sort of thing is a problem irl that needs to be mitigated, but it's rather difficult to execute, at least in my opinion. I'm not too sure on whether it's possible or not, and this kind of thing regarding behavior is always debatable.

A good solution to the ''purrno burst'' problem is raiding maps, such GSA does (according to Sniper). Another solution was posted by KLMJETWORK, being able to delete a match instead of ping-nuking it, this would be way more effective but it needs of effort from part of both staff and our players (it's like a machine with gears: if one gear malfunctions or stops working, the rest becomes affected), checking new matches every certain time.

As for the staff's problem, well, connect them more to the community, I mean, instead of trying to fix things by yourselves, let us interact more with the issues and help you, some of us might look like we want to start drama, yeah, that might be possible at the beginning, but how don't you expect us to be against an action when it can be completely unfair? Some of us just want a good staff team, bulletproof and fair, yet some times it doesn't seem to be possible (I'm still waiting for you DoomWrath to publish those rules I gave you, it would help a lot and you know it) Just let us help you, to keep everything organized and clean.

And I honestly don't see more issues in all this, everything is well explained in Hik's post, but I just felt like writing all this because of a person up there who seems not to know what he talks about.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 02:29

I am a toxicated part, yes I am, but I just hate how people go so against someone else so opinionated an because it's THEIR opinion, it automatically makes them correct.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Tex » 26 October 2015, 04:04

xChakra wrote:I am a toxicated part, yes I am, but I just hate how people go so against someone else so opinionated an because it's THEIR opinion, it automatically makes them correct.

nobody said their opinions were correct
Tex
Recruit

Postby Silent Aurora » 26 October 2015, 05:22

Abashed Llama wrote:
*image*

Avoid 1 word posts, even if its an image.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Hikarikaze » 26 October 2015, 06:22

This topic is going to turn into a complete literal mess soon - it's more like vexed children going at each other instead of civilized beings discussing something important.

I'd seriously advocate for more (if not any if applicable) interaction between the staff and the community - and I personally am not in a position where I can ascertain the level of interaction between the two, aside from the warn/ban protocol and your daily conversations with the staff. I don't think anyone's ever pointed this out yet, but the job of the staff is to help the community, make members feel comfortable knowing they can turn to someone, e.g the staff, for help when they need it, and try to regulate the community so they don't end up burning down the entire site primarily, and be rule enforcers/spam cleanup crews/etc. second.

Obviously, with the player base being unhappy, such as in the case right here, that kind of says something. There's quite a bit that can be cited as reasons to this: chat being taken down, (the ever debatable) staff efficiency, staff-player interaction levels, and several other decisions further along that list. I mentioned before that the staff are community members and I also did mention quite a bit on the community as well, but I feel like that point needs some revisiting, along with some other points that I wish to build upon further or address with my own two cents, which I'll include further down.

On a semi-unrelated note, I also agree that the community should be consulted when it comes to certain situations, because after all, we're the ones that's going to be affected by said decisions anyways. If the community gets a say in these decisions, we'll get control on how, and how much, we're going to get affected by instead of a fixated decision with a fixated amount of how much we'll get affected by. Also, note how I said some, because there's always going to be several decisions where an authoritative decision is going to be mandatory, and not the collective population as a whole. Of course, I feel rather skeptical, mainly because the community could choose to follow an option that might have adverse and negative effects, simply because the majority might have thought 'it was right to do' or simply because they think the staff might be wrong in some cases - since everyone thinks different and has different opinions, I'm not sure whether such a thing is the right thing to do, especially after taking several glimpses at our community right now.

Judging from the most recent of replies, I'm only going to say this: no matter how much you try to point fingers and try to run away from being included in the problem, everyone's part of the community and thus, has some form of contribution to the issue at hand. You might or might not realize it, but simply pointing fingers won't help anyone's case here and will just aggravate tensions further.

xChakra wrote:The people who complain are all equally selfish, and egotistical

Not necessarily. This sort of generalizing is what causes problems most of the time. People who complain have their own reasons to complain, and they also have their own justified response as to why they complain. Whether that justification is right, wrong, or just downright stupid is completely up to you. Here, people have their own reasons to complain, that too for numerous reasons which I've listed above.

wreak wrote:

I have to agree with xChakra with this one, We can't remove a staff because he made a mistake. All we can do is point out the mistake they did and nothing happens then we can say that the staff is unworthy of their position.

When mistakes become frequent, the problem has to be addressed. I'm not saying that staff that do mistakes should be downright demoted - that'd be inane, because we, as human beings, make mistakes constantly because we're just imperfect little beings walking around in the end. In my opinion, a staff member should only be demoted if they do/are the following: makes repetitive mistakes that no person can ever do on average, does the job incorrectly to a point where it causes more harm than good, and causes problems for the staff and the community as a whole, be it internal or external, such as trust between staff, actions that skew our views of the staff, etc. However, that's not really the point I'm trying to make here.

Regenerating the community, although sounds like a good idea, doesn't really guarantee much. Yes, you'll get more people, but who or what says that we won't get a massive wave of people that'll make this place worse or better? More people doesn't necessarily make a place better, because it's completely down to each person individually - one detrimental user is just as bad as having no players here, because neither will help this place become the 'better place' we all strive for it to be.

I'm not trying to pick a side here, but really? Instead of pointing fingers, throwing the blame onto someone else, and excluding yourselves from something you know you can't run from, why not just accept your role towards the issue? Even if you did nothing, which is unlikely, you're still a community member - and no, this isn't directed to anyone in particular; I'm using second person to get everyone here that haven't thought about something like this yet to start thinking about it now, because isolating yourself from the problem isn't going to solve the problem. Accept and try to work your way towards a solution or a common ground that we can all agree upon.

I probably sound like I don't have any idea what I'm talking about, but it's a matter of opinion and viewpoints - nobody here is right or wrong, because opinions and views aren't facts, and thus, shouldn't be treated as such.

End rant - for now.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 26 October 2015, 06:32

xChakra wrote:Oh my god, you all are such apes. You all are too selfish and self-absorbed and think you're always right, to not even for a second think that YOU might be part of the problem?

The nerve of me eh?

If you are part of the community then you are probably part of the problem,you don't need to literally point out the fact that you're too selfish,dumb,hate people,etc etc(<- not supposed to be an insult,don't get your panties in a bunch),you're trying to make things obvious that people already knew of before,besides,you of all the people should be the last to say all of these things

Green eyed Demon

Postby The Demian » 26 October 2015, 07:17

Hikarikaze wrote:I'd seriously advocate for more (if not any if applicable) interaction between the staff and the community

Terabrion wrote:As for the staff's problem, well, connect them more to the community, I mean, instead of trying to fix things by yourselves, let us interact more with the issues and help you, some of us might look like we want to start drama, yeah, that might be possible at the beginning, but how don't you expect us to be against an action when it can be completely unfair? Some of us just want a good staff team, bulletproof and fair, yet some times it doesn't seem to be possible (I'm still waiting for you DoomWrath to publish those rules I gave you, it would help a lot and you know it) Just let us help you, to keep everything organized and clean.

And I honestly don't see more issues in all this, everything is well explained in Hik's post, but I just felt like writing all this because of a person up there who seems not to know what he talks about.

This. The thing that i tried with all my best while i was mod, and the thing ive been telling all the current staff members to do, yet no one except Aurora ever tried to.
You have to CONNECT with the community, and as hik stated, let them know they can trust you. The robot that does a warn/kick/ban its just bullshit. I still cant believe why no one ever bothered to try this method, and you know its works. Of course a user cant understand the job the staff member must enforce, and sometimes is not as easy as anyone may think.
But the contribution to the community is mutual. Staff and users should be in total harmony. Help the community, be a part of the community, get to know the users, and you will see it gives incredible results.
You guys should really consider this, im trying to, we are all trying to help fix this.
I basically repeated all what hik said.
Glad to see im not the only one thinking about it.

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 26 October 2015, 13:30

The nerve of me eh?

I don't see how i can be wrong but if i am please i beg you to enlighten me thy xChakra. Also this topic is about suggestions to make the game better not to point every little mistake everyone does which in reality only exists in your mind to make you feel better and superior to everyone. If you didnt figure it out yet but your sentence doesnt make any sense, you claim that everyone is selfish which is a blanket statement and that alone shows that you think that you are totally right when you are telling US that we are thinking that we are always right which is wrong and selfish and self-absorbed as you are saying, so if you quit doing it yourself, maybe, JUST MAYBE people will stop doing it too umm okeh? Also even if you were right, that doesnt justify your acts of disrespect.

i have a new suggestion to make the game better, the community should stop acting that way ^, Also i might be wrong in thinking that way according to xChakra but its my "opinion" which by definition removes the obligation for it to be "RIGHT".

Also i don't consider the inappropriate names for matches like "sex moi" as a problem in my opinion, Parents should be responsible for letting their children use the internet because they KNOW what the internet contains so it is not the developer or staff team's problem if kids see this stuff nor is it their responsability.
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby guest-electric fish » 26 October 2015, 14:16

well i am agree with all since plazma burst 2 started to losing the glory which had. yeah. those users who do inappropriate matches and they acting like this website is a dating website doesn't understand the laws which our staff are trying to stop them and since we trying to help them but unfortunately we either get kicked out from this match or getting ignored. my suggestions are
1) invite youtubers who can play multiplayer and help us
2) all users can help to destroy those inappropriate matches
3) commercial this game in each website

if we can do them we will have more online users here
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Terabrion » 26 October 2015, 14:44

guest-electric fish wrote:1) invite youtubers who can play multiplayer and help us [ We already have them ]
2) all users can help to destroy those inappropriate matches [ And they are trying to do it, but it's not that simple ]
3) commercial this game in each website [ This game is free, that word explains it all ]

Replied in my bloody red c:
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

Postby tehswordninja » 26 October 2015, 15:05

Demain what about me xddd.

Anyways, I do agree that the staff should connect more often with the community. If I could I'd be on way more then I am but with life stuff I can't. Also, let's keep this respectful (not warning anyone, just simply saying that).
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby timer15 » 26 October 2015, 15:29

I'm saying the people involved with huge fights and senseless drama
I am timer15,a map maker,check and rate my maps :D
i like to play SP map series.
To be best,you are great than you think you are,smarter and best,the best way ever to find what you want,Find it YOURSELF!
Be Best,keep it cool,keep it yourself You will to be great!

[color=#00BFFF]
The cold never bother me,I am Impossible!
[/
color]
timer15
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby guest-electric fish » 26 October 2015, 18:08

Terabrion wrote:
guest-electric fish wrote:1) invite youtubers who can play multiplayer and help us [ We already have them ]
2) all users can help to destroy those inappropriate matches [ And they are trying to do it, but it's not that simple ]
3) commercial this game in each website [ This game is free, that word explains it all ]

Replied in my bloody red c:

well....i don't said about those pb2 youtubers. i mean others who have many sub. we can commercial it
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Terabrion » 26 October 2015, 18:15

guest-electric fish wrote:well....i don't said about those pb2 youtubers. i mean others who have many sub. we can commercial it

What part of FREE don't you get? The F?
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 18:52

Lord Blue Blood wrote:

The nerve of me eh?

I don't see how i can be wrong but if i am please i beg you to enlighten me thy xChakra. Also this topic is about suggestions to make the game better not to point every little mistake everyone does which in reality only exists in your mind to make you feel better and superior to everyone. If you didnt figure it out yet but your sentence doesnt make any sense, you claim that everyone is selfish which is a blanket statement and that alone shows that you think that you are totally right when you are telling US that we are thinking that we are always right which is wrong and selfish and self-absorbed as you are saying, so if you quit doing it yourself, maybe, JUST MAYBE people will stop doing it too umm okeh? Also even if you were right, that doesnt justify your acts of disrespect.

i have a new suggestion to make the game better, the community should stop acting that way ^, Also i might be wrong in thinking that way according to xChakra but its my "opinion" which by definition removes the obligation for it to be "RIGHT".

Also i don't consider the inappropriate names for matches like "sex moi" as a problem in my opinion, Parents should be responsible for letting their children use the internet because they KNOW what the internet contains so it is not the developer or staff team's problem if kids see this stuff nor is it their responsability.

Actions speak louder than words, sir LBB.
Same to Tex.
Also, senseless drama is redundant, as all drama is started because people have no sense.

Exhibit A.

Tim is on the internet, Tim sees something that offends him, Tim ignores it, and moves on with his life, good job Tim!

Counter-Exhibit A.

Tim is on the internet, Tim gets his panties in a bunch, and tells someone not to get their panties in a bunch to defend his claim that has no support unless directly attacking the user. @Green Eyed Demon.

Thanks for amusing me. :)
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra

Postby Green eyed Demon » 26 October 2015, 19:35

xChakra wrote:Also, senseless drama is redundant, as all drama is started because people have no sense.
Exhibit A.
Tim is on the internet, Tim sees something that offends him, Tim ignores it, and moves on with his life, good job Tim!
Counter-Exhibit A.
Tim is on the internet, Tim gets his panties in a bunch, and tells someone not to get their panties in a bunch to defend his claim that has no support unless directly attacking the user. @Green Eyed Demon.

Thanks for amusing me. :)

I totally see how you're not being a hypocrite right there,not to mention the originality *cough* http://prntscr.com/8vlymm
Looks like intelligence/common sense is a flaw these days

Green eyed Demon

Postby Alica » 26 October 2015, 19:42

The Demian wrote:You have to CONNECT with the community, and as hik stated, let them know they can trust you. I still cant believe why no one ever bothered to try this method, and you know it works. Of
But the contribution to the community is mutual. Staff and users should be in total harmony. Help the community, be a part of the community, get to know the users, and you will see it gives incredible results.

The following represents my opinion. Not any staff-members or even the whole staff teams opinion.

Speaking of experience, ive always been trying to be connected with the community. Did mostly let them know, that they can trust me.
Actually had to grin about the point 'trust'.
Receiving shiptons of PMs and messages, doesnt matter if on chat or in inbox messages, with gratuitous comments and even sexual harassment doesnt really show me that users want help or even a sign of confidence from my side.
Yeah, there are exceptions, but a huge party of the community did do those things ive listed up there.
(with gratuitous comments i did mean stuff like: ,,i hate you/youre a bad mod.'')

The point of what i did write up there is, its pretty exhaustive to deal and/or help a community which is trying to get on any staff-members nervs every 10 minutes via ban evading and other bullshit. The community has to bring up some changes from their side too. And yes, there might be some problems in staff team. But we cant carry out those problems with just kicking half of the team out.
We, as a common community, have to carry out all problems together. Complaining about things 24/7 wont make anything better.

(Sorry, if i did offend anyone with the vocabulary in the text up there)
Alica

Postby Galaxy_Slayer 15 » 26 October 2015, 21:07

All I know is that staffs are basically useless unless someone lets them actually know whats happening thats 1.Innapropriate, 2.Laggers, hackers, glitches or 3.Flooders, or people flaming 24/7

Galaxy_Slayer 15
Recruit

Postby Terabrion » 26 October 2015, 21:28

Galaxy_Slayer 15 wrote:All I know is that staffs are basically useless unless someone lets them actually know whats happening thats 1.Innapropriate, 2.Laggers, hackers, glitches or 3.Flooders, or people flaming 24/7

If you can only see their fails, at least point out something useful, they can't pay attention all day, they're not robots and I accept that, yet as said and I think everyone here that is able to think at least with half of their brain agrees that they need to fix several things inside their team.

Also, Chakra, I think you should start providing some useful posts instead of ''Actions speak louder than words, sir LBB'' or ''Same to Tex'', you say something doesn't make sense, your post DON'T EVEN make sense!
You know, sometimes drama is started because people are actually right and not because it is only their opinion, but all I feel is that one neuron inside me dies everytime you post in this topic, as you are not even helping or discussing, you're just attacking, indirectly, but indeed attacking.
Last edited by Terabrion on 26 October 2015, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Scissorhands
I am falling
How could I be sure?
Terabrion

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion