Making PB2 a better place

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Making PB2 a better place

Postby The Demian » 25 October 2015, 21:02

I would like to hear what's on people's mind. How would you make PB2 a better place for all the community?
- Getting rid of the horny kids making sex games.
- Fixing staff internal problems
- Fixing this broken community.
Ye point out something else u have in mind. Also another question. Is it even possible to fix anything on it?
Yes-No, Why?

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Making PB2 a better place

Postby o_Sniper_o » 25 October 2015, 21:50

At GSA we've been nuking sex matches. We've run into you nuking 'em a couple times too.

-but do you ban the people in them, or just kick them?
We should start banning people that go to those matches.
o_Sniper_o
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 25 October 2015, 22:01

Fixing internal staff problems was something I was trying to work on in the past. Just never used the right ways to get it done honestly.

Though staff problems and a broken community can be correlative, since staff are voluntary community members. If you have a majority of the community acting civilised and mature, you could see a staff team acting more along those lines more often since it's more commonplace than immaturity, in reference to the majority example. Same could be said for immaturity being the majority.

Of course, and this can be debatable, how the team performs breaks down to both individual effort/performance and a collaborative effort/performance - it's like a machine with gears: if one gear malfunctions or stops working, the rest becomes affected. Only real problem is how one would go about fixing said gears, especially when innumerable problems have, has, and will exist.

It's not that possible to fix the community because we're just people that act like how we've been raised to act as/act like the things we see daily. It's not the community's fault that people act like idiots. That sort of thing is a problem irl that needs to be mitigated, but it's rather difficult to execute, at least in my opinion. I'm not too sure on whether it's possible or not, and this kind of thing regarding behavior is always debatable.

As for the inappropriate games, that can tie in with the community, using the aforementioned points I've made.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wreak » 25 October 2015, 22:28

I think we just need a little more freedom here, the rest to follow. But then again, I might be correct.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 25 October 2015, 22:43

I don't see how it is possible to fix staff's internal problems when their "leader" can't fix himself either.
There will always be horny kids making sex games and unless some really strict system gets implemented into the game which would lead to more drama,it's not possible to stop them unless the game completly dies.
The community's not completly broken,there's a crap ton of people who actually work to make this community a better place and know how to use their brain for thinking instead of just breathing and none of them ever needed staff team's meddling,hell that made matters worse.
ps.Chat removal was a terrible idea and a very bad excuse for staff team to be more confortable for some time "untill PB 2.5 is done"
I am not trying to start anything against the staff members here since I have been blamed before for starting "useless drama" but the ones reading this know wether I am talking about them or not.

Green eyed Demon

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 25 October 2015, 22:48

KLMJETWORK wrote:I'd fix all of them. Community and Staff would be my highest priority.

With the community, I would try to get people to set up events, persuade people to be nice rather than banning them/kicking them which almost always makes it worse.

With staff, I would just get rid of half the current members and replace with better people in a poll that involves community (like general elections).

For the sex and "adult movies" maps I'd get Eric to get a function where you actually delete the match, rather than ping-bombing it or some other crap makeshift method.

Thats truth itself, banning people for making mistakes will only result in more mistakes, using violence against violence will only result in violence. I am disappointed the so called "staff team" didnt get that already.
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 25 October 2015, 23:36

The Demian wrote:I would like to hear what's on people's mind. How would you make PB2 a better place for all the community?
- Getting rid of the horny kids making sex games.
- Fixing staff internal problems
- Fixing this broken community.
Ye point out something else u have in mind. Also another question. Is it even possible to fix anything on it?
Yes-No, Why?

Basicaly what you said will make PB2 a better place.

Also, i add my own ones:
- Forcing people to play more map variety than just RPG/School/Base and sniper maps.
- The game needs more online.
- The game needs more decent map developers, because all 90% of the maps you see there are badly made, such as terribly made walls (Example not overlapped, or weird wall placemet which look unnatural.), Bad enemy placement (you know what i mean.), weirdo maps with weirdo over-powered modified guns, and any other weird things that players can come with.
- Eric should try to finish PB2.5 fast as possible.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby wreak » 26 October 2015, 00:24

Forcing people to play certain maps isn't going to work out well. Plus there is a ton of good developers which are sadly underrated.
wreak
wreak

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 00:27

Oh my god, you all are such apes. You all are too selfish and self-absorbed and think you're always right, to not even for a second think that YOU might be part of the problem?

The nerve of me eh?
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Abashed Llama » 26 October 2015, 00:35

xChakra wrote:Oh my god, you all are such apes. You all are too selfish and self-absorbed and think you're always right, to not even for a second think that YOU might be part of the problem?

The nerve of me eh?

I think that they do already know that, as they were probably also referring to themselves.
Also, it goes without saying.

Abashed Llama

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 00:37

I must be blind here, give me an example of anyone here referring to themselves as part of the issue.
xChakra

Postby wreak » 26 October 2015, 00:37

xChakra wrote:Oh my god, you all are such apes. You all are too selfish and self-absorbed and think you're always right, to not even for a second think that YOU might be part of the problem?

The nerve of me eh?

This isn't a flame war, were just stating what we think might work and how should we get there. Its only a flame war when punchlines are used and opinions are rudely criticized or mocked.
wreak
wreak

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 00:39

I don't see how that was any funny. You don't get it, and how horrible this community is, please, if you're going to put something, make it meaningful towards the topic.
xChakra

Postby The Demian » 26 October 2015, 00:42

xChakra wrote:I must be blind here, give me an example of anyone here referring to themselves as part of the issue.

Broken community, we all are the community, except you are excluding yourself from it...

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 00:46

The people who complain are all equally selfish, and egotistical, however I'M not the one making unsupported comments about something that the community got angry over because they didn't agree, that's not a fault, that's a disagreement, but since these select few(couple hundred) believe they are always right, can't understand in their heads how they could be wrong.
xChakra

Postby wreak » 26 October 2015, 00:55

I don't want to be the person I was back in 2013 or 2014 so I will try to make a difference here. If you want to see the difference between me and perfection, it would be a number I wouldn't know. But saying that the community is mad over an opinion is a never here. We just want it to happen so we can improve our image, I do that a lot but its only offensive to some people who are humble. You said that you know from right or wrong yet you say that people believe they are always right. It's pretty hypocritic but were all wrong at one point in time.
wreak
wreak

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 00:59

I am really not getting the correlation, I know what's right and what's wrong... And I'm saying the people involved with huge fights and senseless drama, are always thinking they are right.
That is not hypocrisy.
xChakra

Postby Abashed Llama » 26 October 2015, 01:03

@xChakra

Abashed Llama

Postby iPoisonzZ » 26 October 2015, 01:16

-Replace half the staff and actually consult the community more
-Try and regenerate the community
iPoisonzZ
Recruit

Postby xChakra » 26 October 2015, 01:36

iPoisonzZ wrote:-Replace half the staff and actually consult the community more
-Try and regenerate the community

What do you think the Revivalists are for?
Please name the staff you believe are unworthy for their position.
xChakra

Next

Return to General Discussion