Yeah, no, let's keep it this way.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Yeah, no, let's keep it this way.

Postby KARL SERG » 25 October 2015, 09:09

NNC wrote:*Large Quote*

Newer isn't necessarily better. Sometimes it is, but it's not the Case here.

These Forums don't let us do things we were able to do on the New Ones, but the New Forums didn't let us do things we can do here. I suggest pondering the advantages and disadvantages before being so straight-forward.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby NNC » 25 October 2015, 10:17

monkeyman2535 wrote:If you think anyone cares enough to read your pretentious wall of denial, you must be out of your mind.
You care enough to write this. Plus there's a short summary at the end of the post, made for those who would tl;dr it.

monkeyman2535 wrote:the bug I experienced most prominently with the old forum was that it repeatedly logged me out even when I clicked "remember me".
Still, this has nothing to do with registration process, unlike you told everyone. Also, the issue only appeared at the very end of forum's life.

monkeyman2535 wrote:It's disconcerting that you think it's a good idea to shoot insults at people before you actually consider the validity of their points.
I have considered the invalidity of your points. You've been shooting random insults at pbf.com just because you wanted to say something, and you never bothered to look at facts, as they proove you wrong.

monkeyman2535 wrote:Everything else in your post is denial, and I won't even try to argue with you because you've clearly already made up your mind.
Adequate reply based on facts could change my mind; your "oh no, he is right, I better run away"-like response wouldn't do much.

monkeyman2535 wrote:As a sidenote, try to sound like less of an ass.
no u As a sidenote, try to read the forum rules.

KARL SERG wrote:I suggest pondering the advantages and disadvantages before being so straight-forward.
The only disadvantage of pbf.com I can remember is the fact that it could not operate with main site's userbase, or at least not as good as current forums can. As an attempt to compensate this, there was the "PB2 Username" field in profile settings. Although it couldn't fully replace the lack of main site's userbase, I think it was fine.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby tehswordninja » 25 October 2015, 14:57

Honestly, this forum is far better, less buggy, connected to PB2 accounts, etc. I don't mind the colors (although it would be nice to have a background or something).
When PB2.5 comes out all that's needed is a few changes and we are set, lol.

NNC, I'd suggest you calm down, and stop insulting.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Tex » 25 October 2015, 15:39

NNC wrote:
monkeyman2535 wrote:If you think anyone cares enough to read your pretentious wall of denial, you must be out of your mind.
You care enough to write this. Plus there's a short summary at the end of the post, made for those who would tl;dr it.

"You replied therefore you care"
yeah, right
Tex
Recruit

Postby monkeyman2535 » 25 October 2015, 17:00

@NNC
Don't like some of the points of my argument? Fine. But you can't deny that these forums are more convenient than an off site location, look like an actual pb2 forum, and that they'll bring back old users-- already multiple people who quit the old forums have come back, and you can see their posts right here on this thread. I don't see the point at all of dumping yet another forum and moving on. What does that give us? Ddos protection and plugins? Is DDoS even an issue anymore? (no). Are some fancy features so crucial to your forum experience that you want to dump a good, solid forum that actually works? Really?
I'd also like to point out that you're the only person here who didn't agree with a single point I made or even acknowledge their validity. Prolly says something about you personally, doncha think?
And now at this point, you are honestly so far from being worth my time right now that I'm going to stop indulging your petty attempts to provoke me. I get that you think you're a real cool guy because you had buttloads of rep points on the old forums, but that's not gonna fly here. Cya
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Silent Aurora » 25 October 2015, 17:19

I prefer this forum because of the simplicity and easy navigation on several devices.

nexir wrote:
NNC wrote:I'm gonna get a seizure.

You're gonna get a seizure.

Stay on topic.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby amerison » 25 October 2015, 20:38

mech1354 wrote:Yep. These forums carry a lot of nostalgia for me- they've worked just fine for a long time, and it's so much more convenient than going to some other off-site forum. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

100% Agreed. You need a MVP award for that statement :D
amerison

Postby ShiftyOne » 25 October 2015, 20:59

I was incredibly surprised after joining the new forum when it was moved a while back to see that majority of the people I used to see were no longer around. Most topics did not even grow due to the lack of others contributing with their own opinions. Now that the forum is back to the older way, I am honestly surprised to see all these people back again.

I have to agree with others with the nostalgia, even though that I don't spend a lot of time on forums and mostly stay away from it, I think that keeping things the way they were would help give the feel that Plazma Burst truly can be a family where one can be welcomed back without the shock of how things have changed so radically.
~Others are coming, you will be destroyed~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cexT2aE0M5w
ShiftyOne
Recruit

Postby Ghostehz » 25 October 2015, 21:12

There seems to be a lot of heat concerning this topic. Frankly, NNC, you need to just calm down. As stated above, I'm also "gonna have a seizure" reading your whining denials.

Anyways, this forum had absolutely nothing wrong with it. Easy to navigate, did not contain premeditated, epileptic seizures with every category's color, and anyone who's anyone came on here to have fun and discuss anything (that fits the rules, anyway). But what do you do? You take it away from us (you know who you are), and now, we just have a big mess of a community who is having everything taken away from them.

PB2.5 does not need a new forum, rather just tweak this around to accustom to newer, simplistic things. If a 2.5 took like, what, 4 years to reach, it better not be a disappointment with stupid implements. As I look back on it, KARL makes a good point. Reputation system leaves a sour taste in my mouth, and probably would've in many peoples' due to possible abuse.

Anyway, since the Staff's incoherent beliefs and ideas lead to negative feedback 99.99999% of the time, why not have a community vote on which forum PB2.5 should use?

It's not that hard giving the people what they want.

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby guest-electric fish » 27 October 2015, 13:12

those forums are much better
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby filopatir » 27 October 2015, 13:26

this forums will be better if there is other sections

Choose who are you . Not to let other choose you
filopatir
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 27 October 2015, 16:54

filopatir wrote:this forums will be better if there is other sections

Its only a temporary forum, if extra sections are really needed, then overtime they will be added.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby DoomWrath » 27 October 2015, 21:17

From a player's point of view right now, it may make sense to keep these forums for the long run. I agree with that to an extent, while they are to serve PB2. The problems lie in the future.

If we're to move to a new forum, we're all set for PB2.5 - we won't need to modify or move anything there. But if PB2.5 has a new site with new accounts, everyone there will need to go get a PB2 account to use this forum. Complex for no reason.

The solution would be porting over this old, outdated, insecure forum to a new site for PB2.5. And if that has to happen, why not simply update the forum to something a lot more modern with a great deal more possibilities.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Civil-Lite » 4 November 2015, 22:44

Agree on one thing: KEEP THE FORUMS!
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby Sniper J » 5 November 2015, 02:54

Just stick to these forums since it's the ones everyone knows.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Dub Dizzle » 6 November 2015, 10:29

Dr. Dizzle concurs with the statements pointed out by the poster who ostensibly has an affinity for the evolutionary predecessor to modern man. From a technical standpoint - I do believe that it was announced that this forum utilized an outdated version of a something something? And that's why we moved? Well, I believe that that something doesn't seem to make a difference seeing that this forum works fine, know what I'm sayin'? Not to mention that little typo at the forum title in the previous forum that says "Universe Plazma Burst" instead of "Plazma Burst Universe" - not that that matters anyway.

EDIT: Also, did Dr. Dizzle talk about the reputation system? While it doesn't actually affect anything, it's still there, so it will still make some players feel unimportant and their opinion unwarranted - not to mention the nepotism!

Dub Dizzle

Previous

Return to General Discussion