Chat

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Warning Notice

Postby DoomWrath » 20 November 2015, 17:06

I LOVE STAFF wrote:Chat was cancerous anyway, autism was shown both from the staff and the people who used it. Chat is gone now, f*** deal with it. Stop crying like its the end of the f*** world. It has done little to nothing with pb2 activity. Geez, just move on and stop getting butthurt over eachothers opinions.

I think the players above me have said enough about your post. Deleted.
(Yes this will be a double post, for functional reasons. Hence no sig.)
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Chat

Postby DoomWrath » 20 November 2015, 17:13

Roxxar wrote:--wall of text--

@Doomwrath: So basically there is no viable, official solution until PB2.5? What are your first thoughts/opinions on the future chat(s)? What is something you expect from the chat and/or the community?

In my opinion, a chatroom is a really, really good addition to any site/game that wants to foster a healthy community. It just has to be a good one. In the 'Potential solutions for chat' topic, I'm hoping to outline some necessities for the PB2.5 chat, to prevent the type of degradation that happened to the PB2 one.

If there was some kind of embeddable, on-site chatroom that was easy to install, secure, ran off current PB2 accounts - but with some kind of anti-evasion measures such as a block for accounts that are newer than two weeks, alongside customisable email verification, with provider/address blacklisting (something that is 100% necessary), then that chatroom could be added to the PB2 site.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby thj » 28 November 2015, 10:12

Is this post STILL active? Why dont we just let it be as it is (chat being removed). We (users) cant do anything about it because the staff decides what happens. I would really like the chat back, but it wont return (as of what i know of)

Lets all deal with it and move on. Yes?

I still dont know why this is still active... maybe because other players cant let go of the fact that chat has been removed and want it back?

I dont think i made sence...
[color=#4000BF]creative signature right here boys[color]
thj
Recruit

Postby Green eyed Demon » 28 November 2015, 12:03

thj wrote:Is this post STILL active? Why dont we just let it be as it is (chat being removed). We (users) cant do anything about it because the staff decides what happens. I would really like the chat back, but it wont return (as of what i know of)

Staff should NOT freaking decide what happens without the active part of the community,ever got left out from a family meeting?You have been given a brain(hopefuly),use it

Green eyed Demon

Postby Kratos_ » 28 November 2015, 18:22

Silent Aurora wrote:Users aren't trusted with it.

Lmao clearly. The chat wouldn't have been removed if the users just behaved.
Being cool is being your own self, not doing something that someone else is telling you to do. - Vanessa Hugdens

Kratos_
Recruit

Postby wreak » 29 November 2015, 22:46

Green eyed Demon wrote:
thj wrote:Is this post STILL active? Why dont we just let it be as it is (chat being removed). We (users) cant do anything about it because the staff decides what happens. I would really like the chat back, but it wont return (as of what i know of)

Staff should NOT freaking decide what happens without the active part of the community,ever got left out from a family meeting?You have been given a brain(hopefuly),use it

cmon man you didn't have to say that last part, it does't make a user feel welcomed.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby spirit9871 » 30 November 2015, 00:07

thj wrote:We (users) cant do anything about it because the staff decides what happens. I would really like the chat back, but it wont return (as of what i know of)

Lets all deal with it and move on. Yes?

With all due respect, this is a negative mindset for PB2. The community is a part of the game; we shouldn't just give up just because we feel we don't have power. We have the right to state what we feel is right or wrong as long as we're respectful about it.

What does matter is whether or not we are willing to try and work together to find solutions to problems we may think are impossible to solve. That is what leads innovation; we shouldn't just give in to changes we find unfair. Otherwise, nothing will improve. And that applies to not only PB2, but to the real world itself.
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby monkeyman2535 » 30 November 2015, 01:53

thj wrote:We (users) cant do anything about it because the staff decides what happens.

OBEY
OBEY
OBEY

I'm sure the staff thank you for your kind submission to their glorious reign.
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby KARL SERG » 30 November 2015, 10:27

monkeyman2535 wrote:
thj wrote:We (users) cant do anything about it because the staff decides what happens.

OBEY
OBEY
OBEY

I'm sure the staff thank you for your kind submission to their glorious reign.

Maybe they are right? They tend to know what they are doing most of the Time, so, although I am not a Fan of the Chat Removal, I don't necessarily think it's a Bad Thing.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby wreak » 30 November 2015, 23:07

If I was a mod, I would lock this mainly because I still won't get my chat back which was very valuable.
wreak
wreak

Postby thj » 2 December 2015, 14:21

Green eyed Demon wrote:Staff should NOT freaking decide what happens without the active part of the community,ever got left out from a family meeting?You have been given a brain(hopefuly),use it

Come on, are you serious? If you have to insult me, let us take it somewhere else, or better, keep it to yourself.

I agree that the community should be able to decide what happens (like chat removal).

spirit9871 wrote:With all due respect, this is a negative mindset for PB2. The community is a part of the game; we shouldn't just give up just because we feel we don't have power. We have the right to state what we feel is right or wrong as long as we're respectful about it.

What does matter is whether or not we are willing to try and work together to find solutions to problems we may think are impossible to solve. That is what leads innovation; we shouldn't just give in to changes we find unfair. Otherwise, nothing will improve. And that applies to not only PB2, but to the real world itself.

I feel you there. I am serious, i do.

wreak wrote:
cmon man you didn't have to say that last part, it does't make a user feel welcomed.

This is what happens dude. We cannot do anything about how others behave (mostly we cant)
[color=#4000BF]creative signature right here boys[color]
thj
Recruit

Postby wreak » 2 December 2015, 23:14

spirit9871 wrote:With all due respect, this is a negative mindset for PB2. The community is a part of the game; we shouldn't just give up just because we feel we don't have power. We have the right to state what we feel is right or wrong as long as we're respectful about it.

Your right, I change my mind into giving up the chat. I'll keep protesting until the chat goes back.
wreak
wreak

Postby spirit9871 » 20 December 2015, 03:14

wreak wrote:
Your right, I change my mind into giving up the chat. I'll keep protesting until the chat goes back.

That's not exactly right either. The chat went down for certain issues the Staff felt they were ill-equipped for. As a result, the main thing we should be doing is finding solutions to the problem, not stating the obvious like "chat being gone sucks, please bring it back." Because that's actually not going to improve anything.

If we can get Staff and the community to work together on solving problems and upgrading stuff, it would definitely make the experience on PB2 a lot more endurable and erase all this bullshit drama we keep seeing. That way, everyone will be on the same page with these updates and perhaps we can grow this community into something bigger, because it has the potential to do so.

So no, don't just complain or protest. Help out by giving your own solutions and passing criticisms on other solutions to build perfect ideas. And hopefully, Gurt will implement such ideas once he realizes there's a large backing behind them, which will then avoid chat being taken off again when it will be brought back.
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Alica » 20 December 2015, 13:46

spirit9871 wrote: [...] As a result, the main thing we should be doing is finding solutions to the problem, not stating the obvious like "chat being gone sucks, please bring it back." Because that's actually not going to improve anything.
[...]
So no, don't just complain or protest. Help out by giving your own solutions and passing criticisms on other solutions to build perfect ideas. [...]

Even if all that is right,
please do not necropost.
Take a look at the date of a lastest reply.
14 days is the maximum. In that case edit your post if you have got something to add.

Topic locked.
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Previous

Return to General Discussion